• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

My thougness stat is at 191 ... so i guess i need to raise my LIFE , then . (Currently at 4096 ) LIFE isn't much when some ennemies can give me 5000 in one attack lol

You should try to get 9 more toughness. 200 is a good level of toughness to have in most scenarios. You can also get Toughness by pointing prestige points into it (Agyo and Onmyo) if you haven't already done that. If you need to you can buy a book to reset your prestige points from the Glory vendor at the teahouse.

You should try to get 9 more toughness. 200 is a good level of toughness to have in most scenarios. You can also get Toughness by pointing prestige points into it (Agyo and Onmyo) if you haven't already done that. If you need to you can buy a book to reset your prestige points from the Glory vendor at the teahouse.

Thanks , i didn't know that.
Wiil do

Finished the main missions in the base game. Absolutely loved it, bar maybe the battle against
Orochi
. I agree with the poster on a previous page regarding the camera being bad in one part of the fight making it way harder than it should to evade attacks. But for the most part the fight is ok when you get more space to move around. Still probably my least favourite boss in the game though.

So I tried the two 2v2 boss battles that unlock after finishing the story. Damn those were bastard hard, still can't believe I even managed to finish them... Not sure which of the two I had more issues with, as both really felt more cheap than fun - the bosses are perfectly designed for tight 1v1 battles, when you chuck an extra boss into the mix (dangerous ones at that!) it makes things really tough. So glad I'm through with those for now!

I still can't clear the Yokai boss rush mission though, I'm being stingy with my health and that's causing me issues as the second boss finishes me off every time... one to return to later I think!

So I've got the DLC to do now. I'm level 130 and have a few pieces of divine equipment, at this point what would people say is the best way to get more divine lvl 150 stuff so I can start fusing them for improved performance? And should I be trying to grind my level higher at all? Really didn't have any issues other than the optional bosses and the epilogue bosses (just in terms of taking quite a bit of damage).

Soar

Finished the main missions in the base game. Absolutely loved it, bar maybe the battle against
Orochi
. I agree with the poster on a previous page regarding the camera being bad in one part of the fight making it way harder than it should to evade attacks. But for the most part the fight is ok when you get more space to move around. Still probably my least favourite boss in the game though.

So I tried the two 2v2 boss battles that unlock after finishing the story. Damn those were bastard hard, still can't believe I even managed to finish them... Not sure which of the two I had more issues with, as both really felt more cheap than fun - the bosses are perfectly designed for tight 1v1 battles, when you chuck an extra boss into the mix (dangerous ones at that!) it makes things really tough. So glad I'm through with those for now!

I still can't clear the Yokai boss rush mission though, I'm being stingy with my health and that's causing me issues as the second boss finishes me off every time... one to return to later I think!

So I've got the DLC to do now. I'm level 130 and have a few pieces of divine equipment, at this point what would people say is the best way to get more divine lvl 150 stuff so I can start fusing them for improved performance? And should I be trying to grind my level higher at all? Really didn't have any issues other than the optional bosses and the epilogue bosses (just in terms of taking quite a bit of damage).

Nah you don't have to grind levels, just play naturally. Fusing your gear is a good idea if you have one that has stats that works with your build. The only limitation at your point is the amount of cash you have as that stuff gets very expensive.

xclk07

Nah you don't have to grind levels, just play naturally. Fusing your gear is a good idea if you have one that has stats that works with your build. The only limitation at your point is the amount of cash you have as that stuff gets very expensive.

Honestly, I've had a smoother experience grinding and leveling and then going back to the higher difficulty Basically get enough dps and trickery to successfully do Murambasi mission (might have the name wrong, it's the 6 masters one after another) and then that's the easiest way to grind both.

Thanks for the info :) I've cleared almost all the base Nioh missions now, just with two left that I can't clear - the
Boss rush fight against several Yokai and the survivalish mission where you take on several Revenants, then the game chucks a Nobunaga & badass samurai double team boss fight against you...

I don't think either are beyond my abilities to clear them, but I'm going to try leveling up more first via both the DLC and the new difficulty mode. I've actually cleared a couple of the new difficulty missions with somewhat ease - sure I do less damage and take more at the moment, but since the enemies seem no more aggressive than usual and follow the same attack patterns its not too bad. I'm getting tons of Amrita and getting some decent stuff to fuse into +2 and +3 versions. Its also gotten insanely addictive... which I didn't see coming. I assumed I'd be done with the game once the credits rolled but that's clearly not been the case!

Nice one on completing Nioh completely. Can't imagine I'll ever have the patience to manage it, just finishing the first DLC chapter on normal yesterday was a challenge! Though to be fair I've got most of the enemy patterns down now, but that bit at the end where you have to fight three of the larger blade wielding Yokai at once... if you don't have your living weapon I can't imagine that being a very fun (or possible!) fight. Finding it better though to do a higher difficulty run on a few early missions at the moment though since it yields at least some divine + weapons, so I've got some decent weapons/gear now.
Tried the twilight mission of Yokai Country as well, but had to throw in the towel for now when reaching the forest area where a ton of different Yokai all roam around freely, actually more annoyingly was that I almost made it to the next checkpoint but messed up, but just couldn't bring myself to try again yet.

I need to do another run on Yokai Country though, I used a couple of Sloth Talismen against the boss to even the odds a bit but I don't truly feel like I deserved the win (even though he wasn't still exactly what I call a pushover)

Gotta say though, really didn't expect me to put this much time into Nioh post game though. I thought I'd be done with the game once I saw the ending but I just can't get enough of it. Its tough, but incredibly satisfying when I hit a Yokai's weak spot or clear a tough boss battle.

xuchu

Gentlemen, I did it. I now walk the Path of the Nioh. 100% complete. Damn does it feel good. Top ten game of all time for me.

Welcome to the club:
jb268vM.gif

How much of it did you solo?

Everything. I solo'd everything all difficulties the only weapon I used was the sword. I tried not to abuse any super cheap tactics except on WotN Everlasting Duty, abused living weapon to hell and back for that cheap shit. The game was super fun trying to play fair. I think it was Xuchu who said he doesn't understand why people would want to use living weapon builds. critical builds and or cheap element builds, it's like they are playing a completely different game. I totally agree. I could see people doing it for farming purposes but I can't play it like that all the time. It doesn't mean I didn't use good tactics. I still abused arrow shots to the head on human bosses but no one shot builds or super grindy armor.
This has been the best place to go for Nioh info for me with a lot of great people to help you. Thanks guys. It's been fun.

Also some people were talking about toughness a little while back and saying 200 is the recommended stat for blocking most things. I finished with only 150 with light armor. Only dumped toughness into the title unlocks and never on any gear. I didn't have to much problems getting one shotted.

After struggling with mr centipede arm another 20 times, I had the most cathartic win possible.
During my efforts I fell back on Suzaku the phoenix for the last chance revival skill that activates living weapon if you take a fatal blow.

But that wasn't what led to my victory, no, I'd forgotten just how good the summon attack for this bird was, a fiery swathe that nukes the purple oni bar.
So I electrified up my axe in low stance, walked in, dropped the phoenix nuke leaving him near vulnerable and then stunlocked 3/4 of his health without stopping in a glorious flailing of axe madness.
Then when he recovered, phoenix nuke part 2, wrecked, perfect KO.
Man the satisfaction of outcheesing this dude was next level.

Ok. I'm sorta stuck on one last mission in the base game on Nioh - the short survival mission that has a 2v1 boss fight against you with Dark Samurai and Nobunaga. Any tips on this? I've got some decent divine gear I'm levelling up but I'm just having issues with the two bosses ganging up on me. Its mainly Nobunaga, he's a bit of a pain when your also trying to deal with someone else... Somehow I'm finding this one harder than the fight against him and No! Once I get this mission (and the other twilight missions as and when they pop up) I'll have done all the non dojo missions in the base game.

Still have the DLC missions to do though, but I've ended up getting rather addicted at playing through the game again on harder difficulty. The gear rewards aren't bad in terms of improving my divine gear and apart from the damage output on a few enemies its kind of easier since I already know what I'm doing in each level.

Actually, stupid me, didn't realise The Return of the Gourd was actually a brand new mission added as a freebie some months back, and not actually required for the "all missions" trophy. That makes me feel a world better! Going to level up my living weapon some more and try cheesing it again at a later date.

Actually, stupid me, didn't realise The Return of the Gourd was actually a brand new mission added as a freebie some months back, and not actually required for the "all missions" trophy. That makes me feel a world better! Going to level up my living weapon some more and try cheesing it again at a later date.

is there a list for the optionnal missions for the all mission trophy ? i'm actually lost ( still doing my way of the demon run )

is there a list for the optionnal missions for the all mission trophy ? i'm actually lost ( still doing my way of the demon run )

Not that I can find. I had to manually search info on this one mission to find that it wasn't part of the all missions trophy for the base game. Guessing that higher difficulty runs will require it though?

xclk07

Not that I can find. I had to manually search info on this one mission to find that it wasn't part of the all missions trophy for the base game. Guessing that higher difficulty runs will require it though?

Yeah, the ones that got added with 1.06 don't count for the non-DLC trophies, but the DLC trophies DO require you to do all of those.

Yeah, the ones that got added with 1.06 don't count for the non-DLC trophies, but the DLC trophies DO require you to do all of those.

Figured as much, thanks for confirming. I'll still get the mission done, but that just means I can take my time at levelling up before attempting it again!

xuchu

Sucks about what's happened over here. Really liked the NiohGAF community and the sharing of strats. Is there a Nioh discord or something?

Sucks about what's happened over here. Really liked the NiohGAF community and the sharing of strats. Is there a Nioh discord or something?

Someone did make one during the blackout. But yea would of missed Niohgaf!

Judging by the front page, not sure how long we gonna be around for :')

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hello. I made a Discord for Soulsborne GAF, I have a room for Nioh in there (since I think there's gonna be overlap -- if you don't care about the other channels just mute them).

Quote to join. PM me your discord ID for verified status.

xuchu

Hello. I made a Discord for Soulsborne GAF, I have a room for Nioh in there (since I think there's gonna be overlap -- if you don't care about the other channels just mute them).

Thx for setting this up. Just joined.

Played PS4 version at release and with the PC release nearing I hope I can get back into this game.

Top Bottom