• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Fox1304

What's the general rule for upping SA on characters like SV or VB ? I only rely on elder kais for now but I feel like my characters should have much higher SA lvl by now :(

So the only way is either to farm for Elder Kais, or farm for DS and hope to pull them ?
Both seem so inefficient :D

Those are the only ways, and if you do manage to pull them again you need to use those dupes for hidden potential and not raising SA. Your'e wayyyy more likely to get more Elder Kais than you are Dupes, and those potential paths do a ton more for you character.

Around when SV first came out, they were giving away a shitton of Elder Kais, so that's why most of them you see are at SA10 already.

Durden77

So the only way is either to farm for Elder Kais, or farm for DS and hope to pull them ?
Both seem so inefficient :D

Certain characters have farmable super attacks, certain characters don't. For the ones that have farmable supers, you should NOT use Elder Kais on, unless the farming situation is insanely tedious. Characters that do NOT have farmable super attacks, you SHOULD use Elder Kais on, if the card is important to your teams, or if you just like it a lot, that is.

Examples of some cards with a farmable SA :

Basic : Super Strike cards. Run the level over and over to get drops of the card to raise SA)

Intermediate : SSR PHY Goku Black. His Dokkan event has a stage the drops a TEQ version of him that is an awakened SR (which makes it an SSR), use these for a 50% chance to raise SSR PHY Goku Black's SA to 10.

Advanced : SSR AGL GT SSJ Goku. This is when shit starts getting tedious and absurd. The GT event has a farmable TEQ base form SR GT Goku that can be Dokkan awakened into a SSR SSJ GT Goku. You can then Z-Awaken this Goku into a UR for a 100% chance to raise the SSR AGL GT Goku's SA. So pretty much, Dokkan awaken 9 of the GT farmable Gokus to max out AGL GT Goku's SA.

Examples of certain cards that do NOT have farmable super attacks :

Vegito Blue, Super Vegito, Omega Shenron, SSJR Goku Black, Gogeta.

These are characters that's SA can ONLY be increased by using Elder Kais, hence they are the units you should use Kais on if you want to raise their SA.

Kais are a very rare and precious resource, so be sure when you get a card to research it to see if it has a farmable SA of any type before using Kais on it. Anything that qualifies for intermediate or below that I listed I suggest doing, as it won't be that bad and will be worth it. Anything in the advanced territory however, if you can manage great, it will save you some Kais, but if like the card enough and don't want to go through an insane grind, using Kais are reasonable.

Also, any dupes you pull of strong cards most of the time should go into the hidden potential system to unlock a dupe path, NOT to raise the SA.

I will answer your question with a question of my own

How do I get so many shitty summons?
Loool I get really bad pulls too. But I still don't have close to enough points to use on an hour glass 4 times and still have plenty left over.

But I tend to just baba the SRs and keep the SSRs even if they're not the greatest.

Loool I get really bad pulls too. But I still don't have close to enough points to use on an hour glass 4 times and still have plenty left over.

But I tend to just baba the SRs and keep the SSRs even if they're not the greatest.

When I first [re]started the game, I didn't know which cards were good and which weren't, so I would spent lots of medals awakening shitty SSRs and then hording them. Finally sold them for a crazy profit in baba's shop, which bought me the baba-point SSRs and tons of other stuff to spare. I've only seen the hourglass twice in the shop but I've bought it both times as well as 3 Elder Kai medals.

Durden77

Finally finished the Elder Kai treasure grind. God that was awful. I should probably go for the medals and starter characters too, but I don't want to see another gem for a long time.

Majin Vegeta is sittin at SA 6 now. I have one more Kai I can get from the fill 3,000 potential node mission, but that won't be finished for a little while.

Finally finished the Elder Kai treasure grind. God that was awful. I should probably go for the medals and starter characters too, but I don't want to see another gem for a long time.

Majin Vegeta is sittin at SA 6 now. I have one more Kai I can get from the fill 3,000 potential node mission, but that won't be finished for a little while.

Lol yeah you keep showing up on my list and it fuels my anger towards you :p.

Haven't even really started grinding gems yet, farming baba points from ToM event instead. Also doesn't 2nd anniversary give 4x quest EXP?

I rather gems...no one judge me but I sold some Supreme kais to Baba. BEFORE YOU YELL AT ME I had like 40 lol...

and x4? Dayyyyyyyyyyyum. I guess they need to up it since x3 is useless to most players now.

I rather gems...no one judge me but I sold some Supreme kais to Baba. BEFORE YOU YELL AT ME I had like 40 lol...

you mean the awakening medals? Fair enough, they're worth a bunch. I found out that the gold capsule medals (the kai ones you need 77 each of for Broly) are worth 100 each too and I have over 100 of every type AFTER LR Broly, so I sold a bunch of those too. You only need 3 for SSR>TUR so I figure I'm good.

Fox1304

Dokkaned my SSJ3 AGL Goku.
Hés starting to get good !
Onward to the potara event, I have vegeto and super vegeto to awaken !

Durden77

Haven't even really started grinding gems yet, farming baba points from ToM event instead. Also doesn't 2nd anniversary give 4x quest EXP?

What is the best stage to farm ToM medals?

Lol yeah you keep showing up on my list and it fuels my anger towards you :p.

btlc42.gif

Meneses

Don't listen to him, do what I did and mono-AGL it. It takes waaaaay longer and it absolutely terrible.

I'd mono-TEQ it if I had any decent TEQ leads of course

I definitely did mono-AGL when it first came out because my TEQ team was shit. It was horrible.

Now, having pulled Godtenks, Bardock and Golden Frieza and putting a bunch of orbs into some characters made it super easy with a TEQ team.

Durden77

The second-to-last one, you can do Hard or Z-Hard. Golden capsules on the level give them, most question marks do as well. Turles himself can drop either medals, his STR card, or occasionally neither but that's rare.

Preesh! I will keep that in mind. I am STILL farming gems. Cause why not, I hate myself and I wanna buy a few starter Gokus for the 15,000 Baba points.

So this is the team I'm thinking of using for Boss rush.

I will use a LR MV friend or a SV depending on what I can get.

Plan is to block hard with SV/Golden Frieza on one rotation, and hit hard with MV/Rose on the next.

If I have two SVs I may put him on rotation instead of Rose with MV for safety or let him float depending on attacks, and if I have two MVs I will replace Golden Frieza on that rotation for him. GT Goku and Whis and Golden Frieza (if there's two MVs) as floaters. GT Goku's got the rebirth link for MV, and Whis for heals. I think will work well.

As much as I adore my MV and his leader skill, mono AGL does get a little funky with two of them. Especially because I want to keep him with Rose if I can. 2 SVs may end up being a little more flexible for this.

I have two extra INT Turles cards.

Should I just sell em to baba? His SA isn't that amazing even at SA 10 from what I heard, and he's not the type of card I'd use orbs on. I have the mission for 30 potential paths unlocked so I don't even need him for that lol.

Fox1304

Fucking "Fierce Battle" link, that never seems to pop up with my characters when I need it on the Super Vegeto event. I have used a few DS now ... maybe I should stop.

LNBL

Havent done any events in like 2 weeks beside just logging in daily. Will probably be sucked in again when the Anniversary hits GLB

Fucking "Fierce Battle" link, that never seems to pop up with my characters when I need it on the Super Vegeto event. I have used a few DS now ... maybe I should stop.

If you need to use DS to finish the event you shouldn't be doing the event. Unless you're okay with throwing money away, basically. I feel like we've already been here but it's your DS. And yeah, learn how turn order works, it's super important and pretty intuitive once you get it.

Fox1304

Cheers, was looking for this.

This is why I gave you the road map with doing vegetto last.
Yep, I dokkaned the SSJ3 Goku, but had a hard time with the Gotenks event, so wanted to try to awaken maybe the Vegito or SV from my team with this event. Had 3/4 successful runs by playing with the character order and a friend unit with Fierce Battle (I currently have two units with Fierce Battle, thought I could manage, but only got lucky in the first few).

If you need to use DS to finish the event you shouldn't be doing the event. Unless you're okay with throwing money away, basically. I feel like we've already been here but it's your DS. And yeah, learn how turn order works, it's super important and pretty intuitive once you get it.
Yeah, I've spent 3 stones on continuing on the 5 runs I did, will go to something else since it's clearly a waste.

Is Vegito worth to Dokkan ? I don't have anything better for the 6th slot in my super team. But it's sharing the same stones as SV, which would be better value I guess?

Durden77

If you ever have the urge to spend a DS to continue, think of it this way...

You could spend that 1 dragon stone and (hopefully) be able to complete the event and get the medals that one time.

Or you could spend that 1 Dragon Stone to refill your entire stamina meter, get another shot at the event, and possibly more shots or the ability to run other levels depending on how big your stamina meter is.

Pretty much, spending a DS to continue, even though it may get you through the event that one time, is probably the single least resourceful way you can spend a stone. It may be tempting, and early on you'll feel like you'll have the stones to spend, but trust us, you probably shouldn't do it.

Also I'm confused, are you asking if Super Vegito is worth a Dokkan, or base Vegito? If it's Super Vegito, he is DEFINTLEY worth the Dokkan and is still one of the best units in the game even in JPN. If it's base form, it depends on which type. TEQ is also definitely worth it, as he's one of the best support units in the game and is perfect for filling an extra slot on a super team. INT Vegito is pretty meh. He's not an awful unit or anything and could help you a lot if don't have anything else, so if can Dokkan him you should, but he's just not a long term unit.

Meneses

Is Vegito worth to Dokkan ? I don't have anything better for the 6th slot in my super team. But it's sharing the same stones as SV, which would be better value I guess?

Dokkaning the normal Vegitos will give you another Fierce Battle unit, so there's that.

If it's TEQ Vegito, he's pretty useful as a support character since he buffs everyone else. Also, being strong against AGL could be a good long-term investment to make it easier for you to beat SV next time it comes around.

I don't remember INT Vegito but I think he also buffs on his super and is a mini-nuker, but I haven't used him much.

If I recall correctly, when SV first came around I dokkaned my TEQ Vegito first and it helped.

Seeing that you're having trouble beating the event now, might be a good idea to go for a normal Vegito first.

Fox1304

I'm one run away from Dokkaning him, so there's that also.
He's part of my "main" team, and also of my TEQ team. Guess he'll make things easier for running back to SV event as you say, so it's an investment. Think I'll do it, and then move on to the Goku Blue event, with a mono TEQ team. Should be OK according to everybody's advice.

Fox1304

If you ever have the urge to spend a DS to continue, think of it this way...

You could spend that 1 dragon stone and (hopefully) be able to complete the event and get the medals that one time.

Or you could spend that 1 Dragon Stone to refill your entire stamina meter, get another shot at the event, and possibly more shots or the ability to run other levels depending on how big your stamina meter is.

Pretty much, spending a DS to continue, even though it may get you through the event that one time, is probably the single least resourceful way you can spend a stone. It may be tempting, and early on you'll feel like you'll have the stones to spend, but trust us, you probably shouldn't do it.

Also I'm confused, are you asking if Super Vegito is worth a Dokkan, or base Vegito? If it's Super Vegito, he is DEFINTLEY worth the Dokkan and is still one of the best units in the game even in JPN. If it's base form, it depends on which type. TEQ is also definitely worth it, as he's one of the best support units in the game and is perfect for filling an extra slot on a super team. INT Vegito is pretty meh. He's not an awful unit or anything and could help you a lot if don't have anything else, so if can Dokkan him you should, but he's just not a long term unit.

I was talking about TEQ Vegito :)
Also, agreed about the DS, I'll avoid using them now, especially since I don't have anymore quests to do :s

Meneses

Yeah, as others have said, if you really want to use stones use them to refresh stamina and try again - that way you can test other strategies, change up your team, try different items, etc.

The game is still mostly RNG based but team make-up can definitely make a big difference.

But at the end of the day, it's your game and you should play how you want. Is spending 10 or so stones to Dokkan one of the best units in the game too much? Maybe, but those stones could also be two shitty pulls that make you frustrated, so in the end it's up to you to decide what's worth it.

but seriously, don't use stones when you're KO'd :p

Durden77

Got him ! And that's 35 for tonight, will dokkan TEQ Vegito.
So that's AGL SSJ3 and TEQ Vegito dokkaned today. Progress !

Congrats! I'm still debating on whether to pump up SSJ3 Goku's SA. He hits fucking hard as shit, still even at SA1, and he's good with LR Majin Vegeta because of Over in a Flash. His passive limits him but when it's goin god damn. He and Vegito well help ya out a lot!

Fox1304

Congrats! I'm still debating on whether to pump up SSJ3 Goku's SA. He hits fucking hard as shit, still even at SA1, and he's good with LR Majin Vegeta because of Over in a Flash. His passive limits him but when it's goin god damn. He and Vegito well help ya out a lot!
Yeah I am regularly surprised by how hard he hits. And his links are great too. With additional attack and critical, we can be a great damage dealer.

What would be a good team to take into Boss Rush for me?

https://dbz.space/box/lagamorph

I don't think LR Broly will have the needed survivability given the defence debuff he gets after a Super.

Can't go wrong with the AGL crew, but make sure you add Whis for extra potential full heal.

SV
Whis
SSJ2 Goku
Kaioken Goku
Golden Frieza
SSJ3 GT Goku for ATK/Majin Buu for extra heals

I suppose you could go with an OS STR led team as well for those debuffs.

EDIT: Update is now live. They've added that Dokkan Speed Battle Event as well, huh.

Xanru

Seems they added in an actual time trial event as a form of pvp. Also the timed aspect has been added to other content as well, which could easily mean they are tracking in game activity more.

Best first boss rush with

Lead: OS
SSJ3 Vegeta
Gogeta
Bee Pan
DAed Buutenks
Metal Dildo
Friend: LR Broly

Used no items. Only somewhat challenge with mono-str would have been SSJ3 Goku but LR Broly killed him with ease.

Question, does anyone have a INT Turles at SA10? Does his attack increase substantially between 1 and 10 or no? I have two extra dupes of him that I feel would be put to better use being sold to Baba. Generally I'd use the dupe system but i don't think he's worth getting a timeglass for.

Also is MV on the SSJ4 banner?

Seems they added in an actual time trial event as a form of pvp. Also the timed aspect has been added to other content as well, which could easily mean they are tracking in game activity more.

As someone who does game analytics, they're just making it more visible to the player. They've been tracking time played and then some.

lzj3O9K.png

That was very easy. Used Broly team (Gogeta, SS2 Trunks, Omega and irrelevant fillers). I only used 1 senzu... and it was just to get rid of Frieza's position lock, lol. Ate one super from Beerus and that was about the extent of it. Barely got hit. Broly is an amazing tank as long as he doesn't take hits after supering.

On to the next stages.

Lagamorph

Can't go wrong with the AGL crew, but make sure you add Whis for extra potential full heal.

SV
Whis
SSJ2 Goku
Kaioken Goku
Golden Frieza
SSJ3 GT Goku for ATK/Majin Buu for extra heals

I suppose you could go with an OS STR led team as well for those debuffs.

EDIT: Update is now live. They've added that Dokkan Speed Battle Event as well, huh.
That's almost my AGL team as it Is, except I have SSB Goku instead of Kaioken Goku.

Would Kaioken Goku be better than SSB for Boss Rush?

That's almost my AGL team as it Is, except I have SSB Goku instead of Kaioken Goku.

Would Kaioken Goku be better than SSB for Boss Rush?

If anything the opposite. SSBKK is better generally but the HP cost can add up on boss rush.

Just completed the first difficulty of the second boss rush with Broly team as well. Smooth sailing once you get past SSBKK. Don't think I'll wanna bring this team for the next difficulty though.

Top Bottom