• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Female Police Captian Suspended after "White Male Privilege" remark

Zog

Banned
You don't pick and choose. And business statistics are different from studies, etc. Context.

White Male Privilege is neither sexist nor racist. And it's measured, not based on feels.

Using a persons gender and race against them is indeed racist and sexist. If you choose to support that...

Using a persons gender and race against them is indeed racist and sexist. If you choose to support that...

Let's use the term white fragility then since a lot of people in this thread here are full of it. It's not racist since it's not using your race against you. It's a social construct.

It's not used against them, it's systemic. It is not singling one out, it's describing the phenomenon.

You guys think it's an insult, but the problem is your perception, not it's name or existence. It's not just an observation, it's measured, it's fact. You may have seen it used offensively, but that's not what it is.

Zog

Banned
Let's use the term white fragility then since a lot of people in this thread here are full of it. It's not racist since it's not using your race against you. It's a social construct.

Just another term to shit on white people who object to racist terms being used against them. It absolutely is racist in the same way that male fragility is sexist.

Just another term to shit on white people who object to racist terms being used against them.

You'd think after years and years of telling blacks that its just words and to get over it that this wouldn't be a thing that bothered white people. It all seems like a bunch of virtue signaling if you ask me.

I love how privileged is the worst thing you can apparently call a white person. Minorities have a million different hateful things they're called. She implies he enjoys a good place in society and it might give him a blind spot? Time to SCREAM AND FLIP OUT.

Minorities need to grow thicker skin and stop stifling free speech though right? This female captain on the other hand should be suspended. If only there was a word for the expectation of having your feelings being given greater weight and priority than other events of greater gravity. P-p-pavlovian, no that's not it. Panini? Privy leg? Damn I lost it.

Zog

Banned
You'd think after years and years of telling blacks that its just words and to get over it that this wouldn't be a thing that bothered white people. It all seems like a bunch of virtue signaling if you ask me.

So you believe that racial insults are just words and that people should get over it?

i-Lo

I love how privileged is the worst thing you can apparently call a white person. Minorities have a million different hateful things they're called. She implies he enjoys a good place in society and it might give him a blind spot? Time to SCREAM AND FLIP OUT.

Minorities need to grow thicker skin and stop stifling free speech though. This female captain on the other hand should be suspended. If only there was a word for the expectation of having your feelings being given greater weight and priority than other events of greater gravity. P-p-pavlovian, no that's not it. Panini? Privy leg? Damn I lost it.

In the greater scheme of things and taking history of the said (bolded) people into account- you've got to be joking.

So you believe that racial insults are just words and that people should get over it?

I believe I've been told this over and over and find it amusing that now its much too hard to practice what was once preached. I also find your unsubtle ways of trying to trap everyone into a gotcha moment tiresome.

Zog

Banned
I believe I've been told this over and over and find it amusing that now its much too hard to practice what was once preached. I also find your unsubtle ways of trying to trap everyone into a gotcha moment tiresome.

You didn't answer the question. Do you believe that racial insults are just words and that people should get over it?

You didn't answer the question. Do you believe that racial insults are just words and that people should get over it?

Dude, your simpleton gotchas are completely irrelevant and useless, and has nothing to do with what he was talking about. Why do you seek to derail the topic?

Zog

Banned
He's virtue signaling and identity politicking. Its funny.

It's interesting that you don't want to answer that question. You brought it up in the first place so I would think you wouldn't mind telling us your thoughts about it. Me personally, I think race and gender insults should always be met with resistance or things will only get worse.

Do you think that these insults are merely words and people should get over it? Do you think these insults should be met with resistance every time they occur?

It's not a hard question and you are the one who brought it up so...

It's interesting that you don't want to answer that question. You brought it up in the first place so I would think you wouldn't mind telling us your thoughts about it. Me personally, I think race and gender insults should always be met with resistance or things will only get worse.

Do you think that these insults are merely words and people should get over it? Do you think these insults should be met with resistance every time they occur?

It's not a hard question and you are the one who brought it up so...

It wasn't an insult. The fact that he is white and male prevents him from understanding the trials and tribulations of trans people. That when presented with evidence, all he needed was anecdotal evidence from his wife to call the evidence into question proves that he was arguing in bad faith and needed to be called out. I appauld the woman.

Usobuko

Banned
Just another term to shit on white people who object to racist terms being used against them. It absolutely is racist in the same way that male fragility is sexist.

Why are you hurt by words? You some kind of feminine, nerdy beta bitch?

Getting triggered by words only implicitly implied that you subconsciously acknowledge with the meaning behind it.

A skinny guy will not get triggered like you did if someone call him fat.

You fucking deserved the white fragility tag. You only proved everyone was right.

Getting triggered by words only implicitly implied that you subconsciously acknowledge with the meaning behind it.

You fucking deserved the white fragility tag. You only proved everyone was right.

Nice sexist insults you spew while lecturing about triggering

Zog

Banned

I know that some people would like white males to sit down and shut up but that isn't going to solve anything. Racist and sexist comments should be met with resistance because letting it go results in more and more of the same. Just like with your insults here. I take it that you dislike feminine people, nerdy people and white people.

It's pretty hard to understand the double standards on display here. Using a persons gender and race against them is indeed racist and sexist even if it happens to males and white people.

Dunki

Aye, you must hate America and its "toxic masculinity" culture then.

This has nothing to do with toxic masculinity or America it has something to do with being an asshole. If people would stop being assholes and insult or attack each other it would be a much better place.

And no I did not insult you as an asshole but rather people who use these words. to trigger/insult other people.

By the way whats the reason for feminists always calling other virgins or basement neckbeards? Toxic Femininity?

This has nothing to do with toxic masculinity or America it has something to do with being an asshole. If people would stop being assholes and insult or attack each other it would be a much better place.

And no I did not insult you as an asshole but rather people who use these words. to trigger/insult other people.

By the way whats the reason for feminists always calling other virgins or basement neckbeards? Toxic Femininity?

Why would you post that, and then do whataboutism with feminism? That invalidates your entire post, especially because we know that you dislike modern feminism. That's called getting triggered, and then lashing back by hurling insults.

Zog, you don't understand what White Male Privilege is, and until you do you're just preaching to the choir. You really don't even try to understand, you just want to silence via tone policing and diverting the subject. That's telling enough.

finowns

It wasn't an insult. The fact that he is white and male prevents him from understanding the trials and tribulations of trans people. That when presented with evidence, all he needed was anecdotal evidence from his wife to call the evidence into question proves that he was arguing in bad faith and needed to be called out. I appauld the woman.

What specific 'trails and tribulations' of trans people are not understandable to a white male? And are white females able to understand these problems?

What specific 'trails and tribulations' of trans people are not understandable to a white male? And are white females able to understand these problems?

It's about that dude, the cop, not about white females, or whatever. Now THAT dude doesn't want or seek to understand this information due to his privileges to ignore it, and obviously that's true because his anecdotes are more powerful than statistics, as if he actually knew anything about that subject to begin with. Note, he doesn't know jack shit. That's who we're talking about.

finowns

It's about that dude, the cop, not about white females, or whatever. Now THAT dude doesn't want or seek to understand this information due to his privileges to ignore it, and obviously that's true because his anecdotes are more powerful than statistics, as if he actually knew anything about that subject to begin with. Note, he doesn't know jack shit. That's who we're talking about.

Dragonburn made a statement about white males which I responded to. Your post isn't relevant to that.

Zog

Banned

Well no, apparently it's about straight white males (all of them) and their privilege. It's the go to argument for some when they have no other argument.

It's not ok to generalize three entire groups of people or even one group of people.

PtM

Banned
If you're like me and can't stand people who are more clever than you:
178qM0Y.gif

Dunki

Why would you post that, and then do whataboutism with feminism? That invalidates your entire post, especially because we know that you dislike modern feminism. That's called getting triggered, and then lashing back by hurling insults.

Zog, you don't understand what White Male Privilege is, and until you do you're just preaching to the choir. You really don't even try to understand, you just want to silence via tone policing and diverting the subject. That's telling enough.

I post it because it is as ridiculous as the toxic masculinity argument. IT makes no sense. And yes I dislike modern Feminism so do over 80% of americans. So?

BibiMaghoo

. And yes I dislike modern Feminism so do over 80% of americans. So?

These two things are not the same. You said that over 80% of Americans dislike feminism, where as that says they don't identify as one. There is a vast difference between those statements. I don't identify as a christian, but that doesn't mean I dislike them. Is there a statistic that matches your actual statement? I would be surprised if there was but am open to seeing it.

A white cishet guy is less likely to face police misconduct, and thus are less likely to be able to identify it when it happens to others.

highrider

Banned
A white cishet guy is less likely to face police misconduct, and thus are less likely to be able to identify it when it happens to others.

These generalizations always have some truth to them so I don’t entirely disagree, but there are multitudes of white males that have faced police misconduct. Police tend to reflect their communities, and if you’re poor and in a low income neighborhood you are likely to see or experience police misconduct directly, no matter your race. Even a squeaky clean rich white guy isn’t unable to grasp the concept imo generally.

These generalizations always have some truth to them so I don’t entirely disagree, but there are multitudes of white males that have faced police misconduct. Police tend to reflect their communities, and if you’re poor and in a low income neighborhood you are likely to see or experience police misconduct directly, no matter your race. Even a squeaky clean rich white guy isn’t unable to grasp the concept imo generally.

This is true, but when it comes to someone who either denies or is skeptical of a statistic of oppression based on their lack of it where they find themselves "checking" certain boxes of people who do not face as much oppression, that's a pretty good answer. Not all white people misunderstand or deny oppression, but white people I think are the ones most likely to.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Good.

Attacks of whites, especially straight white males, has to be pushed back.

Theirs a legion of leftist white soy boy progressives lining up to hate their own sex/race.
Posts like this make me feel like straight white males deserve a little pushback. At least your fucking variety.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Chances are that you felt that way before reading the quoted post.
I’m not completely paranoid about the straight white male being under attack, if that’s what you mean.

Zog

Banned
I’m not completely paranoid about the straight white male being under attack, if that’s what you mean.

No, I am saying that you probably thought that straight white males deserved some pushback even before you read that post. What other groups do you think deserve pushback?

mattiewheels

No, I am saying that you probably thought that straight white males deserved some pushback even before you read that post. What other groups do you think deserve pushback?
If you see nothing wrong with the post I quoted, then I don’t know what to tell you man. You don’t find talk about ‘hating your own race’ the least bit weird?

Zog

Banned
If you see nothing wrong with the post I quoted, then I don’t know what to tell you man. You don’t find talk about ‘hating your own race’ the least bit weird?

I don't even know what soy boy means but no post is going to make me say that it's ok to hate on a group of people based on their gender, race and/or sexual preference. Chances are that you used that post to justify what you already thought.

Now, will you tell me what other groups you think deserve pushback?

mattiewheels

I don't even know what soy boy means but no post is going to make me say that it's ok to hate on a group of people based on their gender, race and/or sexual preference. Chances are that you used that post to justify what you already thought.

Now, will you tell me what other groups you think deserve pushback?
You seem to have built this whole idea about me based on my response to a shitpost. Not really sure what you’re going for here.

Zog

Banned
You seem to have built this whole idea about me based on my response to a shitpost. Not really sure what you’re going for here.

I don't know how many times I have to explain it. I think you already thought that straight white males deserved 'pushback' and used that post to justify it. I also wonder why pushback is only ok for straight white males and no other group (since you won't answer that question).

Kapsama

Good.

Attacks of whites, especially straight white males, has to be pushed back.

Theirs a legion of leftist white soy boy progressives lining up to hate their own sex/race.

Except they're not hating on their own sex or race. They're hating on the injustice their own group enjoys over others. Asking that others be treated as well as you is the summit of nobility, not some depressed state of self loathing.

Ombra

Poor fragile white man. She should have just pulled a gun and shot the closest minority for a couple weeks paid off and then she would be right back to work. Oh well, live and learn I guess!
Thank you. Thought I stumbled into 4chan for a moment there. Dude was so out of touch , and her answer was the truth. he doesnt see it because he isn't looking and doesn't really have to as far as he is concerned.

Moneal

Poor fragile white man. She should have just pulled a gun and shot the closest minority for a couple weeks paid off and then she would be right back to work. Oh well, live and learn I guess!

She did get a couple weeks paid leave here and she is back working now. He lost 2 days pay for the outburst.

Top Bottom