• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mod Discussion and News [Creation Kit released]

The Src folder is just the source code for other modders. If you've got the Skyboost and dinput8 files in the same directory as your Skyrim.exe then it should be working. Only thing I can suggest is to make sure your game is fully patched to version 1.3.1.

It should be up to date

KaiserAlucard

Neo Member
Hit the overrride tab on the AA portion there. Get rid of Adaptive, it causes glitches. I took screens of each screen here

cad1mqw9.png
casmfo4g.png
caglyrzl.png

Turn off Aero and enable high processor affinity for kicks too. Sorry for late response as I had to go out on business.
I have a problem with Radeon Pro, the AA doesn't seem to work. I set 4xEQ with override application settings, and I disable the AA through the game launcher. But the AA doesn't seem to work when I play. And when I set the AA through the launcher, AA works but I can see some textures through landscapes, especially water textures. What could I do to fix that?

i5 2500k @ 4.4 it allows sse and I should see an improvement. Are there HW configs I need to perform to allow sse?

I have the same, I also don't notice an improvement with the same cpu. Luckily it already runs fairly well.

Hit the overrride tab on the AA portion there. Get rid of Adaptive, it causes glitches. I took screens of each screen here

cad1mqw9.png
casmfo4g.png
caglyrzl.png

Turn off Aero and enable high processor affinity for kicks too. Sorry for late response as I had to go out on business.

Weird, it completely destroyes my framerate, like 30 to 40 fps less. Ah well, I'm content with the ingame AA.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Sorry it couldn't be of help. With that CPU, it may be something else HW or maybe a background SW app. Everyone's computer is different.

i5 2500k @ 4.4 it allows sse and I should see an improvement. Are there HW configs I need to perform to allow sse?

You try messing with some bios settings? Shoot me a Steam PM or something. It needs further analysis.

I have someone's ENB settings that I liked and kept. I still had to turn AO off because it kills my computer. As it is, I'm still only gettin 28.6fps tops. I think something might be keeping it from going any higher?

LiquidMetal14

Without tinkering in ENB too much, you can turn off AO I assume but still tweak other things? The AO is what kills the fps for me.

Toby

Anyone experience a dramatic dip in performance after playing for more than an hour or so? It gets so bad I can't maintain 60fps when I lower the resolution to 1280x720, dipping into the 30-40s when I look at light sources. The only way I've found restore performance is to restart my computer.
Anyone had this problem or know what's up?

RiverBed

Banned
Noob PC gamer here with a mod question:

Can I install all the mods I want, or are some mods incompatible with others? What if I installed more than one mod to fix or enhance something in the game? Are mods generally stable or should I expect bugs, freezes and game crashing?

Cheers.

JVIDICAN

Anyone experience a dramatic dip in performance after playing for more than an hour or so? It gets so bad I can't maintain 60fps when I lower the resolution to 1280x720, dipping into the 30-40s when I look at light sources. The only way I've found restore performance is to restart my computer.
Anyone had this problem or know what's up?

what setting do you have shadows set at?

Enco

Can I install all the mods I want, or are some mods incompatible with others? What if I installed more than one mod to fix or enhance something in the game? Are mods generally stable or should I expect bugs, freezes and game crashing?

Cheers.
Mods are pretty stable for the most part. Your loading time will increase but there shouldn't be any other problem.

You can install anything but some of the same type of mods may use the same files so you'll have to pick one.

Dwayne

Is there a mod that adds map locations for the Stones of Barenziah and the Crimson Nirnroot? Would be totally useful.

Man... ok... I got the BSOD twice this morning. I OC'd my CPU to 4.7 ghz last night and played for an hour or two with no problems. This morning I played and got the BSOD after about 309 minutes and then again right after I started it up. My temps never got above 65. Anyway, been playing BF3 for about an hour with no problems. RealTemp tells me the hottest it has got was 69.

I have an i5 2500k btw

Man... ok... I got the BSOD twice this morning. I OC'd my CPU to 4.7 ghz last night and played for an hour or two with no problems. This morning I played and got the BSOD after about 309 minutes and then again right after I started it up. My temps never got above 65. Anyway, been playing BF3 for about an hour with no problems. RealTemp tells me the hottest it has got was 69.

I have an i5 2500k btw

Just because the temps aren't high, doesn't mean your comp doesn't like your voltages. What voltages are you running?

LiquidMetal14

I have an i5 2500k btw

You know what error you got btw? Stop error? The OC may need a little more voltage.

LiquidMetal14

Just because the temps aren't high, doesn't mean your comp doesn't like your voltages. What voltages are you running?

SB CPU's can run well past the 1.4v line with proper cooling and settings.

capturevejvx.png

Just took that to show the vcore and temp for kicks. If you really need to, up that like I advised you last night OR lower your MP to 46.

SB CPU's can run well past the 1.4v line with proper cooling and settings.

capturevejvx.png

Just took that to show the vcore and temp for kicks. If you really need to, up that like I advised you last night OR lower your MP to 46.

I've always wondered if I should with mine. I have a good after market cooler. So I guess I should try. But even now with 4.3 GHZ at vcore 1.37 I was getting random stop errors. Any idea why that might be?

Also - My stop errors were occurring when my CPU wasn't under load. Can anyone suggest why?

Speevy

Banned
What would you guys say is the best content mod in terms of actually adding to the Skyrim experience, rather than just "omg lol I can ride a bear and shoot cats out of my hand".

LiquidMetal14

I've always wondered if I should with mine. I have a good after market cooler. So I guess I should try. But even now with 4.3 GHZ at vcore 1.37 I was getting random stop errors. Any idea why that might be?

Also - My stop errors were occurring when my CPU wasn't under load. Can anyone suggest why?

4.3 should not require 1.37 vcore. For comparison, my vcore capped at just below 1.300 when at 4.5. It was only when I started going higher that it needed a little more. I peak at what my pic shows now. What kind of MB do you have? I have a BIOSTAR and it lets me have an "offset" voltage type which sort of regulates that alongside a few other settings like speedstep. There's some setting you have in the bios that is making it have those stop errors.

4.3 should not require 1.37 vcore. For comparison, my vcore capped at just below 1.300 when at 4.5. It was only when I started going higher that it needed a little more. I peak at what my pic shows now. What kind of MB do you have? I have a BIOSTAR and it lets me have an "offset" voltage type which sort of regulates that alongside a few other settings like speedstep. There's some setting you have in the bios that is making it have those stop errors.

I'll PM my settings, see what you can make of it.

What's that sexy armor at post 202? Custom i suppose?

Hey, that's my post! Nice.

It's the Cleric Armour Upgrade for Ebony.

Here are the links. It's custom, but to me, it's easily the best armour choice in the game :)

Celric Armour Upgrade (Different Colours)

Original

What would you guys say is the best content mod in terms of actually adding to the Skyrim experience, rather than just "omg lol I can ride a bear and shoot cats out of my hand".

Ahh, the extra content mods. Here are the ones that I have done and I think are worthy. There are a few more that have come about and that I am thinking about, however I'd say that these things will get really hot and heavy once the Creation Tool comes out.

1. Hillside Home
This bad boy is still in Beta but it's cool, it places a completely new Home for you outside of the city's out in the wilderness. It's cool because if you own Breezehome already it sets you out on a quest from there to find bits and pieces of information in order to go on the adventure required to eventually find the 'hidden' home to make your own, and it's a bit of a mansion with some cool shit inside. Definitely worth it, and definitely a cool mod.

2. The Giant Maze
This is still in Alpha, and if you download you have to realise that you're kind of helping the guy 'test' it rather than trying it out in it's complete form, but damn, it's fun, with some cool rewards at the end. Just like a puzzle dungeon with heavily increasing difficulty and pretty imagery as you progress.

3. Wounded Knee Gulch
This one is a BITCH. This guy decided to make a dungeon, no holds barred, no taking it easy, no quest, no nothing, just full of hard draughrs and lots of them. This is basically 'ultra hard mode challenge dungeon' for anyone who wants to give it a go. It's not easy (especially if you're playing on Hard or Master - ESPECIALLY MASTER). I couldn't complete it on Master, but I have my game modded with a heck of a lot of difficulty adding mods and at some points I was getting one shotted by arrows unless I had my shield up. I think everyone should experience this as well. Once you collect the loot and leave it re-sets and you can go again. Good place to level stuff as well if you so wish.

4. Book of Treasures
This is two books of Treasure maps. I like Treasure maps, they're fun to try and find the treasure. The treasure is random depending on your lock picking skill you might get better stuff, but even so, it's a cool add-on

5. Honeyside Smithy
This one adds a Blacksmith Basement to your house in Honeyside, I think it's darn cool. This guy is just cool all of the mods he's done are cool, I think the game should allow for more customisability of your home's if you spend more money on things, and failing that, I'll do it through mods. Having a blacksmith in my home is awesome, having heaps of different weapons racks and shit to hang up my favourite weapons and armour depending on what mood I'm in. GLORIOUS. It's so good.

6. Breezhome Bookshelves
This just adds some more bookshelves to your Breezehome and Riftrun house, I felt that the book space was lacking personally so I was having to put them in cupboards, but book-shelves would have been nicer. Not really a huge 'new content' mod, but it sort of fits the bill I think.

7. Tytanis
A lot of people say this mod is OP. I completely disagree, I think it's a critical mod for the game, it opens up so much of the crafting and creation side of things that should have just been there from the very beginning and it's still progressing and progressing. It is the main project for Skyrim Online and it is easily the main 'extra' content mods that there is. Pretty much every extra weapon and food stuff and armour and jewelery and everything mod that everyone makes that is worth a damn gets rolled into this mod, but not just that it ads quests, it ads the ability to search and find hidden parchments that allow you to create and learn various things that you shouldn't be able to learn - but that's the thing - it doesn't just GIVE you the things that you get that it helps to OP the game, it makes you achieve them, which IMO is perfection because it integrates it into part of the game. I update with this mod every time it updates, it's just so darn good and I couldn't live without it now, like for example, they're planning on adding in Hunger and Thirst into the game with the next mod. How perfect is that? I want my character to be hungry and thirsty and get negative affects if I haven't eaten or drunk anything for a while, it's just pure brilliance. They used to update almost every day but haven't for a little while, I imagine it's just the Christmas break - I hate Christmas, it makes the damn world stop. Everyone should have Tytanis.

I think that's about all I know of for now.

Ledsen

Cheers.

The more mods you have, the bigger risk of stuff breaking. Do it at your own risk and always read the readmes and test the game after you install each new mod.

Speevy

Banned

Here are the links. It's custom, but to me, it's easily the best armour choice in the game :)

Original

Ahh, the extra content mods. Here are the ones that I have done and I think are worthy. There are a few more that have come about and that I am thinking about, however I'd say that these things will get really hot and heavy once the Creation Tool comes out.

1. Hillside Home
This bad boy is still in Beta but it's cool, it places a completely new Home for you outside of the city's out in the wilderness. It's cool because if you own Breezehome already it sets you out on a quest from there to find bits and pieces of information in order to go on the adventure required to eventually find the 'hidden' home to make your own, and it's a bit of a mansion with some cool shit inside. Definitely worth it, and definitely a cool mod.

2. The Giant Maze
This is still in Alpha, and if you download you have to realise that you're kind of helping the guy 'test' it rather than trying it out in it's complete form, but damn, it's fun, with some cool rewards at the end. Just like a puzzle dungeon with heavily increasing difficulty and pretty imagery as you progress.

3. Wounded Knee Gulch
This one is a BITCH. This guy decided to make a dungeon, no holds barred, no taking it easy, no quest, no nothing, just full of hard draughrs and lots of them. This is basically 'ultra hard mode challenge dungeon' for anyone who wants to give it a go. It's not easy (especially if you're playing on Hard or Master - ESPECIALLY MASTER). I couldn't complete it on Master, but I have my game modded with a heck of a lot of difficulty adding mods and at some points I was getting one shotted by arrows unless I had my shield up. I think everyone should experience this as well. Once you collect the loot and leave it re-sets and you can go again. Good place to level stuff as well if you so wish.

4. Book of Treasures
This is two books of Treasure maps. I like Treasure maps, they're fun to try and find the treasure. The treasure is random depending on your lock picking skill you might get better stuff, but even so, it's a cool add-on

5. Honeyside Smithy
This one adds a Blacksmith Basement to your house in Honeyside, I think it's darn cool. This guy is just cool all of the mods he's done are cool, I think the game should allow for more customisability of your home's if you spend more money on things, and failing that, I'll do it through mods. Having a blacksmith in my home is awesome, having heaps of different weapons racks and shit to hang up my favourite weapons and armour depending on what mood I'm in. GLORIOUS. It's so good.

6. Breezhome Bookshelves
This just adds some more bookshelves to your Breezehome and Riftrun house, I felt that the book space was lacking personally so I was having to put them in cupboards, but book-shelves would have been nicer. Not really a huge 'new content' mod, but it sort of fits the bill I think.

7. Tytanis
A lot of people say this mod is OP. I completely disagree, I think it's a critical mod for the game, it opens up so much of the crafting and creation side of things that should have just been there from the very beginning and it's still progressing and progressing. It is the main project for Skyrim Online and it is easily the main 'extra' content mods that there is. Pretty much every extra weapon and food stuff and armour and jewelery and everything mod that everyone makes that is worth a damn gets rolled into this mod, but not just that it ads quests, it ads the ability to search and find hidden parchments that allow you to create and learn various things that you shouldn't be able to learn - but that's the thing - it doesn't just GIVE you the things that you get that it helps to OP the game, it makes you achieve them, which IMO is perfection because it integrates it into part of the game. I update with this mod every time it updates, it's just so darn good and I couldn't live without it now, like for example, they're planning on adding in Hunger and Thirst into the game with the next mod. How perfect is that? I want my character to be hungry and thirsty and get negative affects if I haven't eaten or drunk anything for a while, it's just pure brilliance. They used to update almost every day but haven't for a little while, I imagine it's just the Christmas break - I hate Christmas, it makes the damn world stop. Everyone should have Tytanis.

Okay, thanks for your help. I was concerned about that Tytanis mod because I saw all that silly stuff happening in videos (like Santa Claus and riding mammoths).

Don't get me wrong. I totally understand why that stuff is fun, but I don't want to turn people into goats or whatever until I've beaten the game.

Why is it that every time no matter which ENB setup I use it makes everything super over saturatedly bright? Doesn't matter one way or the other it's just like ULTRA bright now... I can't fix it...

Shitting me! Others have had this problem, anyone found a fix?

Is there a UI mod that can show your debuffs/buffs on the main screen, like WoW style or similar? Not seeing debuffs drives me nuts, I never know I have a disease or something unless I talk to an NPC and they say "you look terrible you should go lie down"...

NBtoaster

Is there a UI mod that can show your debuffs/buffs on the main screen, like WoW style or similar? Not seeing debuffs drives me nuts, I never know I have a disease or something unless I talk to an NPC and they say "you look terrible you should go lie down"...

You just go to magic>active effects to see all you buffs/debuffs, including diseases.

Yeef

It'd be nice to get some links to tutorials for making your own mods in the OP. Perhaps they're there and I just missed them, but I didn't see any. I've been looking for a mod (to no avail) that temporarily shows individual stat progression on the HUD whenever that stat is increasing. e.g. If I'm sneaking a readout of my sneaking progress would fade in for a few seconds and then fade out once I've been spotted/stopped sneaking. If I can't find a mod that does this soon, I'll try my hand at making it myself.

DTKT

It'd be nice to get some links to tutorials for making your own mods in the OP. Perhaps they're there and I just missed them, but I didn't see any. I've been looking for a mod (to no avail) that temporarily shows individual stat progression on the HUD whenever that stat is increasing. e.g. If I'm sneaking a readout of my sneaking progress would fade in for a few seconds and then fade out once I've been spotted/stopped sneaking. If I can't find a mod that does this soon, I'll try my hand at making it myself.

Keep in mind that the Construction Set is not out yet.

You just go to magic>active effects to see all you buffs/debuffs, including diseases.

I know, I'd just really like to see them on the main hud, especially when in a dungeon. Checking active effects is something I almost never remember to do, so I'll be doing a dungeon with a couple of debuffs and never even know it, even though I carry around cure disease potions with me all the time.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Original

1. Hillside Home

2. The Giant Maze

3. Wounded Knee Gulch

4. Book of Treasures

5. Honeyside Smithy

6. Breezhome Bookshelves

7. Tytanis

Oh, its only for ebony armor? Too bad since i decided to make a sneaky thief for my 2nd character and light armor is better for them since it make less noise.

Yeef

Keep in mind that the Construction Set is not out yet.
I realize that, but you shouldn't need the construction set to play around with the UI. Look at SkyUI and a bunch of other UI mods. The HUD seems to be designed in flash (action script), so I'd think it should be fairly simple to mess around with.

neoism

guys what is the prefs.ini command for shadows on the your character they're really blocky..?

anyone... all my shadows are great, but the ones on my character are bad, and theydo that weird little dance. How do you fix or turn off?

TrounceX

Why is it that every time no matter which ENB setup I use it makes everything super over saturatedly bright? Doesn't matter one way or the other it's just like ULTRA bright now... I can't fix it...

Shitting me! Others have had this problem, anyone found a fix?

I was just reading the description of a particular ENB config and saw this.

NOTE - Be sure to set bFloatPointRenderTarget to 1 in your SkyrimPrefs.ini (in Documents directory)! If your game looks like you're walking on the surface of the sun this may be the reason

Maybe try that. idk

NBtoaster

One thing I would like modded in is the transparency AA from a previous version of the engine. The image quality in Skyrim never really is as clean as Fallout 3, even with driver level transparency supersampling. Just see this and this, the handling of transparency is much better.

Top Bottom