• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troll

Banned
Windows 7, probably.

I remember Windows 7 getting attention because it wasn't Vista, not necessarily because of how it was going to evolve the platform. I remember with Vista, it was going to be something of an evolution of Windows that... didn't do so well.

e:

Full name of this beta is 8250.0.WINMAIN_WIN8BETA.120217-1520_X64FRE_CLIENT_EN-US-HB1_CCPA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV5
Typical Microsoft product name.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So, I see everyone talking about an iso, do they release the build for the public or something? Would love to put it on my netbook.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I think I see the series 7 slates on display there in that picture. I wonder when the dam will break on the unveiling of new win 8 tablets.

Nero3000

I remember Windows 7 getting attention because it wasn't Vista, not necessarily because of how it was going to evolve the platform. I remember with Vista, it was going to be something of an evolution of Windows that... didn't do so well.

To be fair Windows 7 is basically Vista with more polish.

I dont remember the last time I was THIS excited for an OS release... Maybe back in 2007 when Jobs revealed the Iphone for the first time..?

SO READY!

celebi23

1282939758564.gif

Let's do this!

Oh, according to Cnet "The venue (a temporary one above a swimming pool, says Roger) prevented MS from livestreaming."

bedlamite

I'm going to stick to the old taskbar view for my desktop, but that Metro UI on a tablet is going to be fucking godly. I'm going to hold onto my firstgen Transformer until the W8 tablets hit then I'm on that shit day one.

Wat:
"3:32 pm "And everything comes together with our Metro-style design language. It's designed to scale with the capabilities of the devices. Whether you're on a small form factor through PCs through a console you're using with Kinect.""

Durango will use apps ._.

AngryMoth

Its just hit me now, but I'm actually really impressed with what microsoft is doing with Windows 8. I can see the tablets been a major competitor to the iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom