• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terra Battle 2 |OT| All Hail the Gooch

I remembered a major difference between TB1 and 2 that contributes to how all over the place the game's difficulty levels are. In TB1 your access to metal zones was restricted based on your progress in the story and they each stopped providing experience to characters above certain levels. This made it such that story battles were usually a decent challenge even after you've hit your latest metal zone experience cap.

But in TB2 if you rolled good equipment or had a friend to carry for you it's quite easy to rush through everything. I'm curious what plans they have to make content that can be relevant to all power levels.

forgrim

So if leviathans worst skill is 20% chance, is there any reason to go above 80% skill boost? Is lucky chance chest worth it (calling upon experienced tb1 players) they dont seem to have a item drops so trying to reduce this farm if i can.

AsianOni

Indeed, 80% SB is enough to activate all Levi's skills. You might want to continue farming if you want the Union items.

As for the luck chests, things seem to have changed since TB1. It doesn't look like treasure chests are guaranteed anymore. It might just up the chance to have one.

Another baffling design is the inability to see at what level your units learn or upgrade their skills outside of the adventure/combat screens. If you tap and hold your unit icons on the field screen, you can then tap each skill to see at what level the skill unlocks/upgrades. Doing this from the party's submenu information screen doesn't give you this info, why? It sure would be nice to see this info in the recode screens as well to help inform your choice.

https://imgur.com/a/3IxtW

You can do it from the party submenu, it’s just bugged. I found this out the other day when I clicked a skill and the tooltip popped up for a split second then disappeared. But a) i think the click position is like 1 pixel or something because it’s really hard to get it to pop jp, and b) when it does pop up, it’s gone before you have a chance to read it

So if anyone wants to farm Leviathan all you have to do is farm abou 5-6 King Orblings for Ultima, then refresh friends list until you find the Z fire mage that has Negotiator (don’t know her name) with 220+ magic attack.

I usually kill the boss on the first round and so far I’m 3/3 on getting the monster drop with Negotiator.

vareon

How can you sort your items, guardians etc based on rarity? There's a "sort" button in the menu but it's always greyed out.

Pejo

Finally getting my stats up there, and so close to Djagos getting to level 90 where she gets really good.

How many leviathans should I be farming right now? I got lucky on a Normal run and got him to drop, but it looks like i need a few of him to max him out or something? (I only played TB1 for like a week, this game is hooking me for some reason).

Baliis

Finally getting my stats up there, and so close to Djagos getting to level 90 where she gets really good.

How many leviathans should I be farming right now? I got lucky on a Normal run and got him to drop, but it looks like i need a few of him to max him out or something? (I only played TB1 for like a week, this game is hooking me for some reason).

I'd say rush djagos to 90 for negotiator, then spam Levi with a Djagos friendon for double negotiator. Should be near 100% recruit if not at it.

Pejo

I'd say rush djagos to 90 for negotiator, then spam Levi with a Djagos friendon for double negotiator. Should be near 100% recruit if not at it.

Cool, that's the plan! How many copies of Levi do I need to fully max him out? I used a maxed out Levi friend the other day with 250+ MAG and he absolutely melts everything on the screen.

I want that.

Baliis

Cool, that's the plan! How many copies of Levi do I need to fully max him out? I used a maxed out Levi friend the other day with 250+ MAG and he absolutely melts everything on the screen.

I want that.

Depends on how far you want to go. Getting his SB high enough tob100% all his casts would be a good start, then cap luck if you want to go more, then cap union for the items if you really want, idk what they are.

His magic stat will depend on how good your equipment is.

meow

What should I do with all the D level zapper and mighty items I have? Use them or combine them with each other or what?

What does it do? And what does Luck do?
Union? I don't think it does anything other then give the union items when it hits 50 and 100. Just like skill boosts, it only increases by 0.1 at a time, so it's going to take a long while to get the union items. Especially if it's a character like Samantha that doesn't have a dupe to max out skill boost quickly.

Luck? It increases the chance of getting an extra treasure at the end of each battle. I don't know much else, unfortunately.

Kitoro

So, I decided to try the Leviathan Normal fight, and in the first round, there are two units left, and they just keep camping in the corner, and they can't be influenced by my actions. How can I attack two units camping in the same corner, one above the other? Did the AI just decide to cheese me out?

Zanzura

You can do it from the party submenu, it’s just bugged. I found this out the other day when I clicked a skill and the tooltip popped up for a split second then disappeared. But a) i think the click position is like 1 pixel or something because it’s really hard to get it to pop jp, and b) when it does pop up, it’s gone before you have a chance to read it

I know you can check it in the party submenu, but for some reason it doesn't have the text telling you what level each skill is unlocked or upgraded. It only describes the skill you tap, that's it. If you compare my screenshots to that menu's information, you'll see the difference.

Union? I don't think it does anything other then give the union items when it hits 50 and 100. Just like skill boosts, it only increases by 0.1 at a time, so it's going to take a long while to get the union items. Especially if it's a character like Samantha that doesn't have a dupe to max out skill boost quickly.

Luck? It increases the chance of getting an extra treasure at the end of each battle. I don't know much else, unfortunately.

So basically I’m a huge loser with no life

CNFidpDl.jpg

Anyone know what Wall Tattoo means?

Vena

So basically I'm a huge loser with no life

CNFidpDl.jpg

Anyone know what Wall Tattoo means?

Nah its pretty quick with them, I was thinking of doing it myself since they're super easy to farm quick.

I mean, I've nearly finished Leviathan 100% SB and will soon start Union, so I too have grinded hard. But that said, Leviathan is a damn Z-rank toon if you ask me. So many AoE's + status effects.

Kitoro

Just tried the coop battle for the first time. What a fucking mess. What were they thinking with this?

Completely agreed. I'm wondering if Sakaguchi just phoned this game in, and if he's going to do right by fans and fix this unfinished, uninspired mess of a game.

I'll keep doing daily logins for at least a few months in case they can salvage this disaster, but I won't get my hopes up.

I have a feeling they'll end up closing this game and converting money spent on TB2 into TB1 credit and re-releasing TB2 content in TB1 as a major expansion and relaunch of the game, once the glaring flaws and lack of fun are ironed out.

I really don't see this game being able to stand on its own as it is; people are going to give up on it before the insane amount of technical and inspirational flaws are worked out.

Heng

So, I decided to try the Leviathan Normal fight, and in the first round, there are two units left, and they just keep camping in the corner, and they can't be influenced by my actions. How can I attack two units camping in the same corner, one above the other? Did the AI just decide to cheese me out?
If they're in a corner, place your units adjacent to the enemy unit and it'll attack.

Falk

that puzzling face
Have high-enough stats. MDEF items.

If they're in a corner, place your units adjacent to the enemy unit and it'll attack.

He's talking about when they're stacked in the same corner - you can't actually do anything to them and I have tide build to like 4 once because the healer thing refused to move, heh.

BTA

Really liked what I played of the original years ago (it and Chain Chronicle killed time for me over holiday breaks), so I guess I'll dive in here too. Weekly chapter releases sounds good to me.

Have high-enough stats. MDEF items.

He's talking about when they're stacked in the same corner - you can't actually do anything to them and I have tide build to like 4 once because the healer thing refused to move, heh.

So I have MDEF items but my units have a most 30 MDEF that I can see and just get destroyed. Is there anyway to raise it outside if items? Levels don’t seem to do anything.

So I have MDEF items but my units have a most 30 MDEF that I can see and just get destroyed. Is there anyway to raise it outside if items? Levels don’t seem to do anything.

More HP? I was getting 1 shot by Maelstrom too, but after I leveled up my equipment and got some m. Def it would take 2 hits to kill me, so i was able to handle him

Is Ultima the benefit to doing this? I'm not sure how strong that spell is in TB, but I know in Final Fantasy it's usually top tier damage.

You can get Ultima just by spamming Mightys on him. Plus you unlock Ultima WAY before you max his Union and Luck.

I mainly did it because I wanted to see what his Union item was. Then i was at 50% so I wanted to see what his second union item was.

In case anyone’s wondering, 50 Union item is +2 M. Def, and 100 Union item is +2% Def

That said, definitely unlock Ultima, it *is* pretty strong. But you’ll get way before you 100% his Union

Pejo

You can get Ultima just by spamming Mightys on him. Plus you unlock Ultima WAY before you max his Union and Luck.

I mainly did it because I wanted to see what his Union item was. Then i was at 50% so I wanted to see what his second union item was.

In case anyone’s wondering, 50 Union item is +2 M. Def, and 100 Union item is +2% Def

That said, definitely unlock Ultima, it *is* pretty strong. But you’ll get way before you 100% his Union

Thanks! What are you doing to max this stuff out so fast/get Mighty's to drop? Just re-running story 1-3 and using stamina on Metals?

Thanks! What are you doing to max this stuff out so fast/get Mighty's to drop? Just re-running story 1-3 and using stamina on Metals?

Story 2. 3 king orbs spawn at the entrance. Kill all 3 then quit the level. Took about 2 hours to max him

Also I’m not really using mightys. Although in the entire time i farmed him i got only 2 Mughty DNAs. But i also got about 15k Un, so you could use that to buy some from the shop

chrono01

Not going to lie, I'm kind of regretting not re-rolling more for Djagos after learning how important Negotiator is. I can only hope I can manage a character with it eventually. I mean, Xena has Treasure Hunter, but it doesn't seem nearly as useful. I'm sure it'll eventually have its uses, and Levitation is always useful, but still...

As for my current plan, it's to continue farming Leviathan until I max SB him (her?). Then it's off to farm recode materials for Xena.

Baliis

Doing the co-op fight is nice and fast too. 10k xp from the Mighty DANA you get each time, and most of the time my fights are sub 1.5mins now, had one that was sub one minute.

Don't use mighties on King Orbling though, if you upgrade King Orbling with another King Orbling, it's like 20x xp so it's a ton. Same for any other dupes you have.

Pejo

Doing the co-op fight is nice and fast too. 10k xp from the Mighty DANA you get each time, and most of the time my fights are sub 1.5mins now, had one that was sub one minute.

Don't use mighties on King Orbling though, if you upgrade King Orbling with another King Orbling, it's like 20x xp so it's a ton. Same for any other dupes you have.

Thanks for the tips. I just upgraded one of my A class magic rods and it moved its pattern of attack from the first skill to the giga skill, throwing me all off of my game. Now I can't 1 turn most of the metal stages anymore. Bleh. They don't really do a good job of advertising what upgrades do.

forgrim

Is there a faster way to convert quest coins to uncoins? Cuz clicking on the up arrow multiple times is ridiculous.

Vena

Not going to lie, I'm kind of regretting not re-rolling more for Djagos after learning how important Negotiator is. I can only hope I can manage a character with it eventually. I mean, Xena has Treasure Hunter, but it doesn't seem nearly as useful. I'm sure it'll eventually have its uses, and Levitation is always useful, but still...

As for my current plan, it's to continue farming Leviathan until I max SB him (her?). Then it's off to farm recode materials for Xena.

Don't bother rerolling it takes 10s to cycle the buddy and get a level 99+ Djagos.

chrono01

Don't bother rerolling it takes 10s to cycle the buddy and get a level 99+ Djagos.
Oh I know, I've progressed too much to re-roll now, just saying it would have been nice to have a Djagos of my own for that sweet 60% boss increase chance (when paired with another Djagos).

I love all of you Djagos owners out there.

Baliis

Speaking of, is there any use for quest coins or are they only good for converting?

At the moment just converting, but I bet they'll be used for stuff in the future, sort of like how TB1 had coins for pacts/upgrading/job unlocks, etc, and then the animata items for the trading post that you mostly got from the kino/8-bit bosses.

chrono01

At the moment just converting, but I bet they'll be used for stuff in the future, sort of like how TB1 had coins for pacts/upgrading/job unlocks, etc, and then the animata items for the trading post that you mostly got from the kino/8-bit bosses.
Gotcha, thanks! I'll hold a bit back just in-case then.

Vena

I recommend everyone get a Leviathan and get Maelstrom. Having its huge AoE without equipment needs or grinding makes the World Maps *much* better to play. Those annoying hordes of enemies on enemy turn? Wipe them out with a nice Maelstrom, easy farming!

(Design is still shit, but this makes it infinitely better!)

chrono01

I recommend everyone get a Leviathan and get Maelstrom. Having its huge AoE without equipment needs or grinding makes the World Maps *much* better to play. Those annoying hordes of enemies on enemy turn? Wipe them out with a nice Maelstrom, easy farming!

(Design is still shit, but this makes it infinitely better!)
Yeah, I'm working on this now (up to around 50% SB now), here's hoping I can finish before the event ends.

forgrim

man, i've just speed running story 1 for nucleotides and i get between 1-3 via synced play. instead of wasting stam on recode mission, this looks like the easiest way to get it.

i just evolved my tsusuru to dna form and she gets:

Ice 100% - level 90
Glacier 80% - level 90
Absolute Zero 80% level 90
Negatemp 30% level 90
Reflect (Reflects magical attacks)
Weapon mastery - skills use both main and off-hand skill ranges.

Looks pretty awesome even though I have no idea what reflect nor weapon mastery is good for. but damn, that was alot of mats.

Okay, once I actually understood the game it got a lot more fun, but is there anyway to get weapons? I have 4 S rank, 3 SS rank and, 2 Z rank heroes but only a single S class weapon and apparently that means my heroes are worthless...

Is the gatcha the only way to get good weapons?
Should I reroll if so?

Top Bottom