• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Omaha |OT| We Swear We're More Than the College World Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmer_v1

Looking for a month to month room or something to rent, maybe even an apartment. Some people out there thinking they'll get someone to pay 1100$/mo for a ROOM. In this city. looooooooool

What part of town are you looking in? I've considered renting one of my spare bedrooms before, down in Bellevue.

North High? She should stop at Jim's Rib Haven and get some of their hot bbq. Amazing stuff, and hot as well.

giphy.gif

FyreWulff

What part of town are you looking in? I've considered renting one of my spare bedrooms before, down in Bellevue.

Southern end, since my second job is in Papillion and I'm more familiar with that side of town anyway. Currently somewhere around Q street.

mollipen

I actually went to North High. That gym isn't very big.

I went there too! Are you talking the old gym, or the newer gym that was part of the big sports wing expansion?

And hope everyone back home is safe! Just saw some news about the tornado(es?) touching down.

FyreWulff

I went there too! Are you talking the old gym, or the newer gym that was part of the big sports wing expansion?

And hope everyone back home is safe! Just saw some news about the tornado(es?) touching down.

The funnel cloud skipped off us and hit Manawa instead, although incredibly weakened

7zVV4PE.jpg

I assume it was the newer gym. I went there in the end of the 90s/early 2000s and it looks like the gym I was in.

KingV

Speaking of rent? Anyone looking to sublet a 2BR in Dundee for about $900/month?

It's a duplex. It has a garage. 5 minute walk from a pokestop and a gym. 900 sq ft, full basement. Washer, dryer, dishwasher, garbage disposal, and central heat/air.

Lease is through June, so perfect if you are at UNO.

It's a great place, but I am moving out because I was separated going through a divorce and now... We have decided to work it out.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Speaking of rent? Anyone looking to sublet a 2BR in Dundee for about $900/month?

It's a duplex. It has a garage. 5 minute walk from a pokestop and a gym. 900 sq ft, full basement. Washer, dryer, dishwasher, garbage disposal, and central heat/air.

Lease is through June, so perfect if you are at UNO.

It's a great place, but I am moving out because I was separated going through a divorce and now... We have decided to work it out.

Can't help you, but congrats and I hope it goes well for you!

Palmer_v1

I mean, anything is great, but I do wish it was Fiber. I don't think Centurylink fiber made it to my neighborhood in Bellevue.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Hard to get excited about Google anything anymore. Gotta be the most scatterbrained company afraid to let something stick. I am sure they will launch wireless and shelf it within 2 years once everyone else adjust pricing/features to compete.

FyreWulff

Looks like the zoo work is done. The entire south end has all the displays up and the animals are in (except maybe the lions, didn't see them). No construction anymore. Giant lion rocks.

The Africa Camp area even has a savanna Bell helicopter you can sit in and activate the engine.

aGqY5i9.jpg

Feels so weird to walk around the new windy path and everything after going there since childhood. The giraffe house is gone, you walk through where it used to be. They now have the giraffes in a giant grass field, and let you buy food for 3$ to feed them and pet them. It's kinda neat, their winter / night house is across the public path, so there's an actual giraffe crossing gate to let them get across. You don't need to buy food to pet them, but you can only feed them that food for safety reasons. We couldn't convince them to come over from the shade, lol

I'll be off work for most of the next week, so if anyone wants to go to the zoo, I can meet you there or come pick you up and get you in with my membership for free. I plan on hitting it up often to look at stuff but also get some sun and walks in before it gets cold.

KingV

Looks like the zoo work is done. The entire south end has all the displays up and the animals are in (except maybe the lions, didn't see them). No construction anymore. Giant lion rocks.

The Africa Camp area even has a savanna Bell helicopter you can sit in and activate the engine.

aGqY5i9.jpg

Feels so weird to walk around the new windy path and everything after going there since childhood. The giraffe house is gone, you walk through where it used to be. They now have the giraffes in a giant grass field, and let you buy food for 3$ to feed them and pet them. It's kinda neat, their winter / night house is across the public path, so there's an actual giraffe crossing gate to let them get across. You don't need to buy food to pet them, but you can only feed them that food for safety reasons. We couldn't convince them to come over from the shade, lol

I'll be off work for most of the next week, so if anyone wants to go to the zoo, I can meet you there or come pick you up and get you in with my membership for free. I plan on hitting it up often to look at stuff but also get some sun and walks in before it gets cold.

I plan to go tomorrow afternoon. Pm me if you want to walk around with someone and don't mind kids (and spending like 50 minutes in the butterfly house).

I'll be taking my four year old.

Apparently I slept through an earthquake. My FB feed is full of people who felt it, oddly bummed I missed out.

Yea, it is the topic of the morning. I'm in the southeast corner of the state and even i felt it this morning. Had my hands on my bathroom counter and felt it gently swaying as all the fixtures started creaking.

nataku

Apparently I slept through an earthquake. My FB feed is full of people who felt it, oddly bummed I missed out.

Man, I woke up to what felt like my bed shaking. I heard some minor creaking and I thought my shitty bed was finally going to collapse or something.

What time was this thing at?

I could have just been having some back muscle spasms though, that's how light it was lol.

FyreWulff

I plan to go tomorrow afternoon. Pm me if you want to walk around with someone and don't mind kids (and spending like 50 minutes in the butterfly house).

I'll be taking my four year old.

dun care. also the butterfly house is cool, an exhibit that has air locks on both sides can never NOT be cool.

may be last minute to do it today, but i'm sending you pm

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
GGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOO BBBBIIIIIIIGGGGGG RRRREEEEEEEEDDDDD

as always I'm hanging out around campus, if you're around say hi

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Sorry man, had my phone off during most of the game. Only just checked here now. Pretty solid game though today. That Sam Foltz punt tribute had me tearing up.

Hey no worries, service sucks in the stadium during the games anyways.

Yeah, I thought we did okay. Tributes were awesome. Just really concerned for our pass defense again [exasperated sigh intensifies]

i will say this though: i loved the games the crowd played like fucking with speed and direction of the wave and all those lights

Hey no worries, service sucks in the stadium during the games anyways.

Yeah, I thought we did okay. Tributes were awesome. Just really concerned for our pass defense again [exasperated sigh intensifies]

i will say this though: i loved the games the crowd played like fucking with speed and direction of the wave and all those lights

Haha, yep, the slow-mo version of the wave was killing me.

Loved the tribute to Sam and respect the hell out of Fresno St. for declining the penalty and wearing the SF stickers.

DSC04276 by Dr.Horrible33, on Flickr

DSC04152 by Dr.Horrible33, on Flickr

DSC04121 by Dr.Horrible33, on Flickr

FyreWulff

I should go hike all my fave forests before the leaves fall.

It's cool in there when it's fall, but you gotta see forests in all four seasons!

ZBR

So with all this Wells Fargo shenanigans going on, I'm wanting to switch to something else. I can't decide between a bank or a credit union though. I was thinking of joining Dundee Bank but I was wanting to ask for opinions on credit unions in the area before I did.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
So with all this Wells Fargo shenanigans going on, I'm wanting to switch to something else. I can't decide between a bank or a credit union though. I was thinking of joining Dundee Bank but I was wanting to ask for opinions on credit unions in the area before I did.

Sac or Centris are really good options. I have SAC and get a few bucks of interest on my checking account each month. Plus, ATM fees are always waved. Banks are shit, man.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Finally went to the Beercade. A lot of fun, and the proprietors are good dudes. One of them owns every Dreamcast game and is apparently good at SF3:3S, although they were too busy to pkay last night.

FyreWulff

I dare you to go to the money pit that is the Kearney Archway

i'm looking at it right now. i'm somewhat tempted but i remember that thing probably filed bankruptcy for a reason

I also like how they were desperate to get people to comeoff the highway for it so they ruined the "introduction" to it by building a regular bridge right in front of it.

Just a few more minutes and I can drive back to Omaha.

edit: MONA is cool tho

Had tickets to the Chiefs game but decided not to drive down due to the ice. Got all our stuff ready just in case the power goes out.

Had tickets to the Chiefs game but decided not to drive down due to the ice. Got all our stuff ready just in case the power goes out.

Yeah, we were planning to go hang in KC this weekend but nixed those plans due to the weather. I also bought the last bag of ice salt from my Home Depot so at least people seem to be preparing well.

FyreWulff

They started brining the streets 3 days ago to get ready for this. Holy crap. Make sure you keep phones on chargers, in case the ice decides to start disconnecting power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom