• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. ios. Universal. Worldwide release. $10. Out today!

Not really. The top screen would display a picture and the name of what you're currently possessing, but that's about it as far as I can remember.

That's pretty much it, though it also shows the current in-game time/time left, and a picture of said object if you're possessing one (which can really help late-game). The iOS version moves that stuff to a tiny little bar on the side of the screen. Not sure if I like that placement yet, but it was easier to glance at the info on an as-needed basis and completely ignore it when it wasn't necessary the old way.

anybody know what time it goes up on US Itunes store.

I'm hearing 11pm eastern.

Omikaru

After hearing so many good things about this game, i might bite.

This is a strictly adventure game?

I really don't know how to describe it. It's certainly a shake up of the genre. Has a story, and environment puzzles, with an Ace Attorney vibe coming from the characters.

And the best pomeranian in gaming history.

Edit: Out now on UK iTunes.

Dandruff5

Neo Member
Bought the DS game and absolutely loved it. Will definitely double dip and consider it a $10 donation toward development of a sequel.

GaussTek

Yeah guys, seriously, get this game. Love the DS version. Don't have an iOS device right now, but I will surely get this one when I can. A really amazing game at this price... Jesus Christ!!!

With this thread gaining traffic. Shall we do a lttp/rttp thread later?

I don't remember much of this game at all besides a handful of puzzles and story beats.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
The jail section was my least favorite part of the game, but it definitely gets a lot better after that.

I believe you, and will continue because it's my current toilet game, but man I'm probably a good 4 hours into it. Shouldn't take that long for shit to get good, though I guess if I take is an Ace Attorney kind of game the first two or so cases of that are always super easy.

Edgeward

I kept waiting for this version but then my best friend ended up giving me this game on DS recently as a belated bday gift. lol

Glad that it's out finally though

Omikaru

I know this has been said many times in this thread, even by myself, but everyone with an iOS device capable of playing Ghost Trick needs this game in their life.

It's really rather brilliant.

Wildesy

I believe you, and will continue because it's my current toilet game, but man I'm probably a good 4 hours into it. Shouldn't take that long for shit to get good, though I guess if I take is an Ace Attorney kind of game the first two or so cases of that are always super easy.

It doesn't. I would've said if you weren't enjoying it by 4 hours in, it might not be for you. I was well and truly enjoying myself by that stage.

Consider yourself lucky, because that means you can sort of play the game for the first time again!

Yeah I dabble in a fair amount of different games every year (and maybe even finish a few!), so I can replay all the Ace Attorney games annually and still retain at least 80% of 'enjoyment', which is plenty more than most games =)

thumb-20110113-2674_0000.png

Ready for round 2 baby!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Just realized that this has Game Center support. Man, Capcom somehow did right on this port. Price and the quality of the port (I think it's good, right?). Kinda amazed.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just realized that this has Game Center support. Man, Capcom somehow did right on this port. Price and the quality of the port (I think it's good, right?). Kinda amazed.
I'm surprised too, universal app, reasonable price, updated assets, game center support, sharing saves between devices. Pretty funny to look at that Mega Man X port and this. Bodes well for the upcoming Ace Attorney stuff.

markot

Banned
I know asking for ports is a bad thing. Does that extend to Android >_<? I want this game, but cant really find it for the DS anywheres.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I know asking for ports is a bad thing. Does that extend to Android >_<? I want this game, but cant really find it for the DS anywheres.

Seems iOS for now. This was on iOS since December 2010 actually (was Japan only until today)

Suairyu

Banned
For the very first time, I wish I had an iPad. Thoroughly enjoyed the DS version, yet this looks like a definitive version. This is a killer app right here. ooking at the footage and the artstyle benefits so much from the higher resolution.

Rumour mill says retina display iPads announced this year, right? Game would be absolutely stunning then...

Adam J.

Got this for Christmas and played it for a couple of hours--terrific game and I'll happily pay $10 to play this with retina graphics. The crappy DS screen doesn't do the glorious animation justice at all,

For the very first time, I wish I had an iPad. Thoroughly enjoyed the DS version, yet this looks like a definitive version. This is a killer app right here. ooking at the footage and the artstyle benefits so much from the higher resolution.

Rumour mill says retina display iPads announced this year, right? Game would be absolutely stunning then...

nah. it would arguably look worse unless they update it again for retina ipad devices.

ipad game on a retina ipad would be like a non retina game on an iphone 4.

Blurry mess.

Downhome

I have never played the DS version of this game.

I own an iPhone 4.

I will buy this once it hits the store tonight. I just hope it is truly the superior version with solid controls. I don't even know hardly anything about this game. I know that it has fantastic animations, and you die at the start, that is all.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
How does it run on a 3GS? I don't have access to an iPad right now and that's the only way to play it on an iOS for the time being.

Top Bottom