• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_3.0 |OT| Alexa, What Are the Berenstein Bears? - Wednesdays on USA

Zoe

Semi-Spoilers for next week's episode:
Apparently, this is supposed to be a flashback episode dating the entire 3 days that Elliot could not remember. However, this is also supposed to be Tyrell-centric going off of what the description says.

Definitely seems like
it will cover everything from the hack till now.

ShadyK54

Semi-Spoilers for next week's episode:
Apparently, this is supposed to be a flashback episode dating the entire 3 days that Elliot could not remember. However, this is also supposed to be Tyrell-centric going off of what the description says.

Oh wow. That makes next week even more interesting, then.

tmdorsey

Damn that was an awesome episode. From the opening to Joanna getting got, to Krista meeting Mr. Robot and the shit with Darlene. Wow!!!

CGwizz

I finished season 1, the fuck i just watched? I have some issues with this series, the sister and his dad in particular but it was good fun.

I hope season 2 and 3 delivers

I'm confused about the ending. So Elliot knew they were watching his computer?

Mr. Robot freaked out about Darlene interfering with his computer. I assume the ending is when Elliot realized that he's still under surveillance, so Mr. Robot intervenes to bait the FBI into clicking his link and downloaded malware masqueraded as .rar file that allowed Mr. Robot to get access into FBI feeds. Ever since, he's found the location to Darlene and is likely going to get her killed.

Mr Robot knows Darlene hacked him. He doesn't know why or for whom.

Given what his link was for, he probably already knows who Darlene was hacking for.

chefbags

Just finished the episode.

HOLY SHIT AT JOANNA.

man I was honestly really sad she gone cause I thought there was always something more interesting about her. But with her declaring eternal love for Tyrell, I was already thinking about that bartender dude. And bartender dude went all in which made sense considering what she made him do.

Also love the part when Mr robot and Elliots voices both blended till Mr robot appeared. That was neat.

Question - My memory is a bit hazy on the incident. Did Elliot's dad really push him out of the window like he told Krista or did Elliot jump?

Thanks

Maddocks

Question - My memory is a bit hazy on the incident. Did Elliot's dad really push him out of the window like he told Krista or did Elliot jump?

Thanks

He was pushed out because he told his mom that his dad was dying. He took that as a betrayal and in his anger pushed him.

LotusHD

Banned
Damn, did not expect Joanne to die tonight. Since she was introduced, I expected her to somehow manage to do a lot more despite her not really being all that important in hindsight. Sucks, but I guess that's what happens when you take advantage of people.

Also yup, y'all called it in regards to Darlene

sans_pants

avec_pénis
i dont begrudge any of you, just found the past few episodes really bad. just 2 people going into a room and dumping exposition for 2 hours

ezekial45

Banned
Not sure how I feel about Joanna's death. I felt she was one of the more unique antagonists in the show, and she had an odd and incredibly off-putting dynamic with Elliot/Mr. Robot. I was expecting them to go further with that. Plus, that whole scene just felt like it came out of nowhere--in a bad way. Like I'm wondering if she was written out because there's a conflict with the actress. Like, it was that weird.

Good episode, but I'm not really feeling this development. I think there's too much being left on the table with the character that couldn't been fleshed out more.

LotusHD

Banned
Not sure how I feel about Joanna's death. I felt she was one of the more unique antagonists in the show, and she had an odd and incredibly off-putting dynamic with Elliot/Mr. Robot. I was expecting them to go further with that. Plus, that whole scene just felt like it came out of nowhere--in a bad way. Like I'm wondering if she was written out because there's a conflict with the actress. Like, it was that weird.

Good episode, but I'm not really feeling this development. I think there's too much being left on the table with the character that couldn't been fleshed out more.

Pretty how much I felt about it. I still remember that "I think she can hear us" line. :(

Yeah I felt sort of weird about that too.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I'm confused about the ending. So Elliot knew they were watching his computer?
Yes, Mr Robot saw Darlene and told Krista he had been compromised. Krista told Elliot what Mr Robot said but Elliot didn’t find anything outright in his computer so he set up a trap by mailing a link to a fake email address. FBI guy then downloaded the file letting Elliot know someone was monitoring his computer cause no one else would otherwise have been able to download the file. Then he just tracked down the physical address tied to the ip address that downloaded the file and went there to see what he could find.

HariKari

Feels like they wrote out the entire storyline of her blackmailing the CTO with that wrap up. Really thought that would go interesting places.

Veelk

Banned
Pull the bullet out. Fairly common to cut open skull in any autopsy though I think

Really? I had no idea. It seemed excessively brutal to me.

I don't like that they killed her like this though. I never like deaths that just end plotlines at the start of a new season that they began in the season before. It makes it feel like they just ran out of ideas on what to do with her so they jutst killed her off just for convienence.

It's pretty weak shit from a show I expected better from.

HariKari

Someone on reddit noticed Irving's cab in E1 has 7X23 on it. 161 is a UN resolution related to the Congo and also the number AntiFa goes by. Given how prominently background stuff has featured before, I really doubt it's just a coincidence.

Loved the callbacks to S1. Hope Leon shows up at some point this season as well.

Joanna's death smelled more like the actress being abruptly written off for behind the scenes reasons rather than a natural story beat. Like, the heartbroken lover who was barely developed all of a sudden does something that extreme? That was a really false note in a show that usually does strong character work, and it came out of nowhere especially after her arc in S2 was building up to something of relevance instead of... this.

Other than that this was way better than last weeks episode, but they still have a lot of work to do to get me back onboard after how much of a disaster S2 was.

Fucking hell. FUCKING HELL!

Trying to process everything that happened in E2 and my head is just swirling.....

Can't believe Darlene would go down that route, then again I kind of can. Everyone is just losing their minds. Elliot is so fucked, like there's no way he can escape the net that is closing in on him, right? And I kind of love/hate the fact that this is a weekly show rather than a Netflix dump. Really makes each episode resonate more effectively.

Sam Esmail is doing incredible things here.

Ruruja

Joanna's death smelled more like the actress being abruptly written off for behind the scenes reasons rather than a natural story beat. Like, the heartbroken lover who was barely developed all of a sudden does something that extreme? That was a really false note in a show that usually does strong character work, and it came out of nowhere especially after her arc in S2 was building up to something of relevance instead of... this.

Yeah I thought the same.

Sir Doom

Great opening without dragging the time has passed
Damn Joana. Just like that.

Me Robot stronger than ever the psychiatrist scene was good.
At least Elliot got a doggie 🐶

I don't think he would have gone into her apartment if he knew what he was walking into.

Mr. Robot doesn't give a shit, he knows Elliot is going to be on the hook for it anyways.

Other than that this was way better than last weeks episode, but they still have a lot of work to do to get me back onboard after how much of a disaster S2 was.

I mean Derek has shown hints of unstable personality traits with Joanna: excessively clingy with her, and belligerent to the point of wanting to go fuck up Scott when he beat her up. Add in that he just got screwed over by Joanna's plan where she disposes of him and says to the world that Tyrell is her only love, and you have the ingredients for Derek getting even more unstable. Maybe they should have developed him further to get the hints of murderer Derek. However, I thought her death was particularly fitting considering she acted like power = control (especially her final words "Is it under control?" or something of the sort). The one time she felt high and mighty, an ordinary person does something unexpected to crash her illusion of almighty power, which is in line with the show's theme of control being an illusion.

In regards to whether the actress, I know it's PR but it seems like it was a decision on Sam Esmail's end more so than her leaving:

Do you regret that Joanna and Tyrell never reunited?

Yes. It would have been beautiful in their own twisted sense of romance. I'm very, very sad that that didn't happen. Obviously I respect Sam so much and his decision, but I wish I could have continued on the show. And I want to make it very clear to all of the fans: it's definitely not me who asked to leave. I would have loved to stay on forever and ever. And I'm still going to watch season three. I'm super excited for it.

ShadyK54

I don't get it. What happened to
Joanna?
How was
she killed?

She was shot at (basically) point blank range in the head.

Just finished the episode.

HOLY SHIT AT JOANNA.

man I was honestly really sad she gone cause I thought there was always something more interesting about her. But with her declaring eternal love for Tyrell, I was already thinking about that bartender dude. And bartender dude went all in which made sense considering what she made him do.

Also love the part when Mr robot and Elliots voices both blended till Mr robot appeared. That was neat.

Yeah, this was really cool. I was like, “Slater?”

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I’m really not getting that vibe from Joanna’s death. Her arc was done. Even if we didn’t see a reunion her beef with Scott knowles was done and all she was doing was waiting for tyrell to make his return. Other than that, another subplot about an ancillary action in the universe that no longer matters ended.

If it continued it would have just felt like wasted time for more interesting things.

Maybe you all feel weird about it because abrupt actions of a crazed man leading to death often leave those alive rattled after.

I’m really not getting that vibe from Joanna’s death. Her arc was done. Even if we didn’t see a reunion her beef with Scott knowles was done and all she was doing was waiting for tyrell to make his return. Other than that, another subplot about an ancillary action in the universe that no longer matters ended.

If it continued it would have just felt like wasted time for more interesting things.

Maybe you all feel weird about it because abrupt actions of a crazed man leading to death often leave those alive rattled after.

If anything it let's the story now go in different directions. Will Tyrell find out, what will he do if he does, what happens to that poor wee baby? I think it just blind sided a lot of people and they are trying rationalise what happened. Its just another character in Mr Robot getting whacked!

Mr. Robot freaked out about Darlene interfering with his computer. I assume the ending is when Elliot realized that he's still under surveillance, so Mr. Robot intervenes to bait the FBI into clicking his link and downloaded malware masqueraded as .rar file that allowed Mr. Robot to get access into FBI feeds. Ever since, he's found the location to Darlene and is likely going to get her killed.

Given what his link was for, he probably already knows who Darlene was hacking for.

Yes, Mr Robot saw Darlene and told Krista he had been compromised. Krista told Elliot what Mr Robot said but Elliot didn’t find anything outright in his computer so he set up a trap by mailing a link to a fake email address. FBI guy then downloaded the file letting Elliot know someone was monitoring his computer cause no one else would otherwise have been able to download the file. Then he just tracked down the physical address tied to the ip address that downloaded the file and went there to see what he could find.

This seems rather simplistic for the show. We have very tech savvy people on both sides, but one is trying the oldest trick in the book (so to speak) and the other is dumb enough to fall for it.

KarmaCow

Eh, I would be more willing to buy that angle if they didn't reintroduce her with only a sham interview where she professed her loyalty to Tyrell before she was killed.

But who knows, there is still the rest of the season and the show. Maybe they could do something more interesting than using her death to motivate Tyrell. Or it could just be them tying up a loose end as they pivot to focusing more on the grander plot.

Zoe

THAT FAKE ECOIN AD!!!!

https://e-coin.com/

Debated whether to mention anything because more people signing up would just make things harder, but they're giving away real things on this site. Today it was an Amazon Echo that was snatched up in a matter of minutes.

Now whether these things actually ship out has yet to be seen. I'm still waiting for last week's power bank.

mr_robot_2d_emotions_gif_by_bondgeek-dbr37gs.gif

Top Bottom