• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Just wanted to jump in here to ask What are the odds I could acquire a Switch within the first two weeks of release? My finances have been extremely tight after an extended period out of the job and have been putting off unnecessary purchases, but I just realized how awesome it will be to bring a brand new Switch with me for w late March ski trip (Aspen! :) ). Has Nintendo promised quick resupply after the luanch day units are gone?

Lgndryhr

I plan on getting there around 11pm. Hoping they have a few accessories available that I couldn't order for instore pickup online. Want to get in and out quick. Possibly get a poster too if possible.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Wanted to say that over the last few months the Switch hype on GAF has been incredible. I've seen so many lapsed Nintendo fans that haven't bought a Nintendo system in generations proclaim their intention to grab a Switch. I know we (as in GAF) aren't the be all end all of popularity. I know we've gotten some things wrong. But I have a feeling the Switch is going to be big. Like real big. Maybe not Wii big, but big enough in the grand scheme of things♡

I got the dreaded March 7th email for the pro controller from Amazon today as well. Disappointed, really wanted to start Zelda with it. Is anyone actually getting their pro controller from Amazon on the 3rd?

RikuDawn

Why the fuck is my amazon pro controller preorder knocked to the 7th now? The hell amazon.

It's still up on Best Buy and it says it will arrive on release day. I mean I've had trouble with Best Buy in the past but I just figured screw it and canceled my Amazon order and Switched to Best Buy. I mean the Best Buy order could end up delayed too (or even canceled) but whatever I guess. Or for all I know, the Amazon order could Switch back to the proper date.

Monger

Why the fuck is my amazon pro controller preorder knocked to the 7th now? The hell amazon.

So were my neon joycons and charging grip. They must be shipping accessories out on the 3rd.

I just hope the console and Zelda arrive on time since it's a Friday and Amazon always fucks up my preorder deliveries.

daffy

Banned
Gaffers on the west coast who are doing the Bestbuy Switch launch event with the free BoTw exclusive poster, is your local bestbuy doing the launch at 9:00pm pacific time!?
Orange County is saying yes but I don't think they've gotten the memo yet lol

wvan13

I think my local Best Buy, not doing a midnight release, is getting 23 Switches for pre-order and walk ins. It's a smaller store than the other ones in the area, but compared to the guy earlier in the thread who said around 100, we can make a sort of baseline.

I really hope there's going to be a separate line for pre-orders.

bumpkin

Does Bestbuy have seperate lines for pre-order folk?
I'd check with your local store, but FWIW when I got my PS4 at midnight they had a line for people who preordered and a line for people who were hoping to get one of the extras.

I was looking around for info/pics of the Shiekah slate case that comes in the Zelda: BOTW Special Edition, and TBH, I'm kind of wishing I had just gotten a standard edition and preordered one of the official plain cases for my Switch instead. The premium one looks slick. The Shiekah one looks kind of gaudy, I guess I didn't really think about it at the time. I just saw "Zelda" and "Special Edition" and pulled the trigger.

the_legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_master_edition_screencap_09_1280.jpg

Xdrive05

My Best Buy preorder for store pickup is no longer showing on my Best Buy orders page for some reason. Hopefully my email with order number will be sufficient!

Also like others have seen, Amazon says they can't get the pro controller until the 7th. What kinda bullshit is that? Hopefully the Best Buy will have some extras there in the store during launch night.

//ARCANUM

My Best Buy preorder for store pickup is no longer showing on my Best Buy orders page for some reason. Hopefully my email with order number will be sufficient!

Also like others have seen, Amazon says they can't get the pro controller until the 7th. What kinda bullshit is that? Hopefully the Best Buy will have some extras there in the store during launch night.

You sure you placed the order on that/your account? Sometimes you have to click "show more" if you have lots of preorders. (I just checked mine and it's there.)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Just wanted to jump in here to ask What are the odds I could acquire a Switch within the first two weeks of release? My finances have been extremely tight after an extended period out of the job and have been putting off unnecessary purchases, but I just realized how awesome it will be to bring a brand new Switch with me for w late March ski trip (Aspen! :) ). Has Nintendo promised quick resupply after the luanch day units are gone?
They've ramped up production due to demand but I think those units won't hit until late march/early April. Might be hard to score one during March outside of launch day.

What do you foresee in terms of the number of Nintendo Switch consoles that you’ll be able to release in 2017?

Fils-Aime: What we’ve said publicly is that there will be 2 million units that will be shipped worldwide for the launch, essentially through month one.

I know, because I read the boards and I read the comments, that there is concern about supply. From what I’ve read, the concern seems to stem from the lack of ability to buy NES Classic. So what I would say is this: Two million for essentially the first month is a huge number, especially when you look and see that this is not peak seasonality. This is essentially the first three weeks of March. Our focus is making sure that the consumer who wants to buy a Nintendo Switch can buy a Nintendo Switch. That’s how we build our supply chain, that’s how we think through the amount of product that’s available.

What happened with NES Classic is that was a situation where the global demand was well in excess of anything we had anticipated, and that’s what created shortages. The good news, at least for consumers in the Americas, is we’re going to continue to make the NES Classic available. With the ongoing level of supply, the ongoing demand is going to be met. We know the concern.

https://www.wired.com/2017/01/reggie-fils-aime-nintendo-interview/

Thanks! People where saying the eshop won't be available at launch so I was confused.

Also, anyone know if the Zelda Amiibos do anything for BotW?
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1346199
http://www.zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/amiibo

Agent713

Hey GAFers,
I have an extra Switch preorder on Amazon. I originally had it for my friend but he doesn't want it anymore. So instead of canceling it I wanted to see who would want it. Please PM and we can go over details.

jax

Banned
Hey GAFers,
I have an extra Switch preorder on Amazon. I originally had it for my friend but he doesn't want it anymore. So instead of canceling it I wanted to see who would want it. Please PM and we can go over details.
Tossed you a PM

Chorazin

Any suggestion on a decent USB C to standard USB cable on Amazon? Just wanna have one for plugging in places to charge.

Edit - how's this? Inateck USB C Cable, 3.3Ft/ 1M Nylon Braided USB 3.1 Type C Cable with USB-C to USB-A 3.0 for Nexus 6P, Nexus 5x, LG G5, OnePlus 2, Huawei P9, 12 Inch Apple MacBook, MacBook Pro https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E6VPMEW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I ordered this one to use with my Elgato and it's fantastic:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017COJTFS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

phanphare

Banned
AGITΩ;230774638 said:
We are doing Tickets for Non-Preorder units at 11pm. We got the go ahead to start processing transactions at 11:30pm but no one can leave the store until 12:01am

Online Preorder items for Pick Up always pop up for the store to label with your name and order name at 9AM the day before Street Date, so you get a confirmation email about it being ready for pick up like a day in advanced after we pick it on our end.

this sounds good. gonna get there early so hopefully I can be one of the first ones out at 12:01.

I've got work the next morning but there was no way in hell I was waiting to pick up my Switch. now I'll be able to turn it on for a few minutes the next morning and when I get off work it'll be at home waiting for me.

I can't believe we're so close. it's been a wild ride.

this sounds good. gonna get there early so hopefully I can be one of the first ones out at 12:01.

I've got work the next morning but there was no way in hell I was waiting to pick up my Switch. now I'll be able to turn it on for a few minutes the next morning and when I get off work it'll be at home waiting for me.

I can't believe we're so close. it's been a wild ride.

Turn it on long enough to run a day one update lol.

Ibuki

Banned
I'm gonna try my luck at the Best Buy midnight launch without a preorder. Never been in this situation before, not sure what to expect.

KevinG

What are my chances on getting a switch during the midnight release?

I'm gonna try my luck at the Best Buy midnight launch without a preorder. Never been in this situation before, not sure what to expect.

Get there super early, confirm you're in the correct line for walk-ins, and wait.

Not much more to it. If you get there and the walk-in line is already longer than they have consoles for those without preorders, you leave and wait for the next shipment.

Target and Best Buy are your best best, or at least they are around me.

PSFan

Welp, got another email from Amazon this morning stating that my charge grip will also arrive on Mar. 7 along with my pro controller. Guess I can use the regular grip for a few days.

kaioshade

Any suggestion on a decent USB C to standard USB cable on Amazon? Just wanna have one for plugging in places to charge.

Edit - how's this? Inateck USB C Cable, 3.3Ft/ 1M Nylon Braided USB 3.1 Type C Cable with USB-C to USB-A 3.0 for Nexus 6P, Nexus 5x, LG G5, OnePlus 2, Huawei P9, 12 Inch Apple MacBook, MacBook Pro https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E6VPMEW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

There was a Google engineer, Benson Leung, that reviewed a bunch of USB-C cables and produced his findings, i generally stick to those. Guy goes into extensive testing, and definitely seems to know his stuff. I try to stick with those he recommends.

I'm sure this has been asked at some point but it's normal for Best Buy to say "Awaiting Authorization" in regards to my credit card, yea? It's been like that since January so I assume it's going to charge my card when I pick it up?

Got my neon Switch preordered with Amazon, a pro controller, a case, and Zelda. Taking the day off work on March 3rd, hype levels will be through the roof.

Xdrive05

You sure you placed the order on that/your account? Sometimes you have to click "show more" if you have lots of preorders. (I just checked mine and it's there.)

I had to create the account at the same time that I placed the preorder, but if I remember correctly there was a problem creating the account. So I bet the preorder is not "on my account", and it is as if I preordered without having an account. So hopefully the email with order number is enough!

Not sure if this has been mentioned before. But if you still don't have a preorder, you live in the Pacific NW, and you have a Fred Meyer near by, there you go. I've gone without a preorder for a number of big releases over the years. Just walked into Fred Meyer as soon as they opened, never failed to get what I want. I think they tend to fly under the radar because people don't generally think of them as a big game retailer.

Top Bottom