• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation: "When Worlds Collide" [Insomniac game, leaked as R&C: Into The Nexus]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not talking about graphics or "looking better", I'm talking about performance and the actual game running smoother in terms of framerate.

EDIT: This a dumb needless argument.

I agree, because none of the games should have framerate issues at their release.

I was just pointing out, a game that is playable to the public is further along than a game that is not. Regardless of framerate hitches.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I know why Insomniac would do it. I just don't understand why Sony would.

In terms of bandwidth and resources, they need everything to push PS4.

Hell, I want more reasons to buy PS4.

I'm sure Sony have more reasons for you to want a PS4, these things aren't mutually exclusive.

(I do wish Sony would share some of those more reasons, but I have my fingers crossed for gamescom)

injurai

Banned
JStevenson Insomniac's CM heavily implied that it isn't a crossover but that the "worlds collide" could be from within the R&C lore.

I am now highly confused in regards to this project. I am certain it's RC related, but what other lore?

Any lore that is out their isn't really separate worlds that collide. At least not that could be used in a marketing sense. Unless this game is spanning the Polaris, Bogan, and Solana galaxies. Having some absurd number of planets. But then again that doesn't make the best front line marketing slogan.

iunno, i'm thrown for a loop

Who leaked this image?

1061194_10201411474545848_1894789585_n.jpg

This is Ratchet and Clank game being played with a Jak 3 background.

Jak and Ratchet cross-over confirmed?

If it's a new Ratchet game for PS3 I will pee myself with excitement.

If it's a new Ratchet game for PS4 I will pee myself with slightly more excitement.

If it's a Ratchet/Jak crossover fro PS4 I will drench myself in pee with excitement.

injurai

Banned
If it's a new Ratchet game for PS3 I will pee myself with excitement.

If it's a new Ratchet game for PS4 I will pee myself with slightly more excitement.

If it's a Ratchet/Jak crossover fro PS4 I will drench myself in pee with excitement.

this is how I'm feeling. Though I'm not sure how they could merit a crossover without at least putting out Jak 4.

I specifically remember one of the programmers from Naughty Dog on the Giant Bomb E3 podcast saying that if he had to make another PS3 game he would probably kill himself because they couldn't possibly push the system any further than The Last of Us.

He said some levels in the game came down to KB of memory in order for the game not to crash.
Definitely. I always smile a little bit when a NPC closes a door or Joel jumps down somewhere where you can't go back. I'm always like "yep, new area loading time".

I don't care what platform it comes out on, if this is a full-scale 3D platformer starring both Jak and Ratchet with no co-op gimmicks involved then I am there. I'm just there. Of course, if it's just the next proper R&C game after ACiT then that's great also, but man would it be spiffing to see J&D return.

Was kind of hoping it was a Jak game, but this is fine too. I just finished replaying Up Your Arsenal yesterday and was raring to play some more R&C.

Really wish it was a Jak and Daxter/ Ratchet & Clank crossover.

I don't care what platform it comes out on, if this is a full-scale 3D platformer starring both Jak and Ratchet with no co-op gimmicks involved then I am there. I'm just there. Of course, if it's just the next proper R&C game after ACiT then that's great also, but man would it be spiffing to see J&D return.

Why would Jak be at all involved?

Endo Punk

If it is indeed a Jak and Ratchet crossover proper game then it really comes down to the developer. And I hope Sony doesn't give such a title to some run of the mill developer. Ideally I want Insomniac, SSM and ND to be involved.

Not based on what I can see. There was one post that said something along the lines of "Ratchet on a Jak background? Crossover confirmed!"

So, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

That portal looks like it was taken straight out of a Jak game.

I'm not resolutely stating that it'll be a crossover game or anything, but there's nothing wrong with a little speculation and wish fulfilment until the actual reveal happens. It's all just fun and games for now.

Are you thinking of how they've said a million times that the leap from PS2 to PS3 was their "darkest days" as a studio?

I haven't heard anything about them dreading the PS4 switch.

Yeah, you have to wonder how hard it was on other developers if even Naughty Dog was struggling to get a grip on the hardware early on. Luckily that shouldn't be an issue with the PS4 for a variety of reasons.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
The new picture looks like a Rift from the Jak games. You're about 20 pages late to that discussion though.
It looks more like the setting from Tools Of Destruction's endboss to me.
Tachyon returns? He didn't really clearly die. I can't exactly remember what happened to the Dimensionator.

injurai

Banned
Insomniac developed Jak 4 confirmed!

j/k

But it would be funny if the Ratchet and Clank name was just to throw people off, and it did turn out to be Jak 4, haha

Well as long as a few key people from ND and Cerny are design consultants, Insomniac would be a fine choice to develop a Jak game. Especially with NDs more recent ventures in game design, Insomniac has remained closer to the platformer genre.

Insomniac developed Jak 4 confirmed!

j/k

But it would be funny if the Ratchet and Clank name was just to throw people off, and it did turn out to be Jak 4, haha

I dont see way people would think that a other devolper would make the new Jak game wasn't Naughty Dog the one that said that they'd wish to make a new Jak but needed to have more time to think of new innovations for it's sequel hence why we got TLOU instead... I find it unlikely that ND would allow anyone else to make that franchise since they are still interested in it

The new picture looks like a Rift from the Jak games. You're about 20 pages late to that discussion though.

I've seen the image, and I've yet to see anything that would indicate that Ratchet & Clank are involved.

So far we have that one leaked image with the title of the supposed R&C game, and that other seemingly unrelated image that looks like a rift from Jak.

So, I'm NOT saying that there's no way that they're related, but I'm just not so quick to assume that they're referencing the same thing. We'll know what's true, eventually.

Shauni

I've seen the image, and I've yet to see anything that would indicate that Ratchet & Clank are involved.

So far we have that one leaked image with the title of the supposed R&C game, and that other seemingly unrelated image that looks like a rift from Jak.

So, I'm NOT saying that there's no way that they're related, but I'm just not so quick to assume that they're referencing the same thing. We'll know what's true, eventually.

But we do know Insomniac is involved in the game, though, right? That's a big indicator that it's R&C over J&D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom