• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Steam icons for Grid View

Mimir

A bit of searching and I found a Steam profile that had it (22140). Using the number however doesn't return anything and clicking on the game in his profile takes you to Penumbra Black Plague Gold Edition (22120).
Thanks! You can get the header with a URL formatted like this:

http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/22140/header.jpg

I guess I'll just have to search for someone who has the game if I need to again.

Here's one I created:

Tiny Plumbers

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Well, I may as well post the lot. Here is a Mediafire link containing 900 grid images. I started making a lot of these for my non steam games back during the Beta UI update, in hopes that there would be support for custom images. Most of them should be non steam games, but there might be a steam game image shoved in there by accident.
Quality is a bit hit or miss, since like I said, I was mostly learning how to do basic image editing when making these. Also, seems that there are a couple images that won't load on Steam. They need to be converted from Indexed to RGB color and resaved.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d6ks9ptecczz9te
This is amazing. So many games I was looking for, especially GOG games.

I bet you're glad this actually happened, otherwise all that effort for nothing.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Anyone make one for dragon age 2?
This one was in the Steam forums thread.

VF3kr.jpg

A link to that thread should be in this OP also.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2737170

Mimir

I'm not completely satisfied with these, so I might try reworking them at some point, but here are icons for Cryptic Comet's games.

Armageddon Empires

Six Gun Saga

Solium Infernum

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Valru, how do you launch individual games without launching Dolphin first?

Mimir

A few more, mostly from non-Steam Indie Royale games:

ie4pKQ8WArZpo.png

Black Market
ifprfVp3hRf3e.png

Dead Pixels
iteu94q8gGFCx.jpg

DLC Quest
ibvLBn2W1cXv2z.jpg

Fireball
iZJGyFHZGSNje.jpg

Hero Quest
iTh7Ya03JFeWl.jpg

Iji
i1JW5wsrd5LCM.jpg

Metal Dead
iw5N4gyJgsxiu.png

The Oil Blue
iRiFIqFb7RRv5.jpg

Slydris
iBBQ9KSWynvFk.jpg

Wyv and Keep
iCzBCdjFSP2YJ.png

Xenonauts
iZphJSTPZ2EtI.png

inky

Time to hit the Dolphin thread again :O

Last time I couldn't figure out how to rip mi Wii games =( I don't even know if it can be done anymore... it's been a long time since I last powered up my Wii

gillty

Banned
Valru, how do you launch individual games without launching Dolphin first?
Create a .bat (open notepad save as game.bat)

example.bat said:
"C:\Program Files\Dolphin\dolphin.exe" /e "C:\Program Files\Dolphin\Games\GAME.iso" /b

Then convert that .bat to an exe with a tool like this online one; make sure to select the invisible radial so it will hide the command line when launched. After that its as simple as adding that exe to steam.
http://www.f2ko.de/programs.php?lang=en&pid=ob2e

edit: beaten, THANK VALRU. YOU DA MAN

EDIT #2: I noticed some of you uploaded images at the incorrect resolution. I can tell by the way they would misalighn themselves in the windows folder where I saved them all. (which I then confirmed by ordering the folder contents by 'Detail' and showing the images Dimensions.)

So, the OP should state a rule that you guys should PLEASE, Make sure your images are at 460x215 pixel's in resolution before submitting.

I re-sized the ones I found and reuploaded them:
Battlefield 3
ibg4f9PjI3sEDE.png

Blaz Blue Calamity Trigger
iXARJtmeSHqSQ.png

Blaz Blue Continuum Shift
iClhnxQa6H9Fv.png

Project 64
ixZSeZW5tZS4T.png

and even one of my own PURE logos
ibhG9SUSklqRfB.png

EDIT #3: This is a nice thread to have in the OP as well: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2737170

gillty

Banned
yo why you stealing my bf3 one yo
EDIT #2: I noticed some of you uploaded images at the incorrect resolution. I can tell by the way they would misalighn themselves in the windows folder where I saved them all. (which I then confirmed by ordering the folder contents by 'Detail' and showing the images Dimensions.)

So, the OP should state a rule that you guys should PLEASE, Make sure your images are at 460x215 pixel's in resolution before submitting.

I re-sized the ones I found and reuploaded them:
Battlefield 3

AlexBasch

I opened GIMP and used the base of a The Witcher banner to get the right size, but I'll keep that in mind for my next submission.

Jomjom

Banned
I apologize in advance for the crappiness. I just literally learned how to use Photoshop today from an artsy friend.

Here's my attempt at doing one for Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption on GoG.com.

F2jlc.jpg

whats wrong with my pic?

nothing, It's actually the nicest BF3 logo I've seen out of the 6 I have from today and yesterday... i just noticed it wasn't 460x215 so i fixed it for ya bro.

I don't mind I just figured the more uniformity the better as the list grows. Figured I'd save other OCD'ers the trouble of resizing.

I opened GIMP and used the base of a The Witcher banner to get the right size, but I'll keep that in mind for my next submission.

Yeah, I didn't mean to be a bother to anyone, I just noticed the uniform resolution from the Steam recommendation links was 460x215 (or aspect ratio of 92 : 43).

EDIT: In fact, every one of the images in the 900 Logo pool were in lower resolutions (albeit some were in the correct aspect ratio).

Nabs

nothing, It's actually the nicest BF3 logo I've seen out of the 6 I have from today and yesterday... i just noticed it wasn't 460x215 so i fixed it for ya bro.

I don't mind I just figured the more uniformity the better as the list grows. Figured I'd save other OCD'ers the trouble of resizing.

yo son, respect. I still can't see difference between our pics, but whatevs. No biggie.

EDIT: In fact, every one of the images in the 900 Logo pool were in lower resolutions (albeit some were in the correct aspect ratio).

Yeah, I've started going through them all and correcting it once I noticed. The reason I had most of them in 451x211 was because that was how large the box was for the grid images at the largest setting, and that was how large the images needed to be for various mockups. Once I finish, I'll either post a new link, or see if I can update the previous one.

yo son, respect. I still can't see difference between our pics, but whatevs. No biggie.
np
Yeah, I've started going through them all and correcting it once I noticed. The reason I had most of them in 451x211 was because that was how large the box was for the grid images at the largest setting, and that was how large the images needed to be for various mockups. Once I finish, I'll either post a new link, or see if I can update the previous one.

:D you just saved me hours, I was looking into mass re-sizing scripts for CS5, lol.

I can't wait to see what else you guys think of, I'm gonna set up those dolphin Links tomorrow afternoon, Valve needs to patch in Categories for the Grid view... would be heaven.

np

:D you just saved me hours, I was looking into mass re-sizing scripts for CS5, lol.

I can't wait to see what else you guys think of, I'm gonna set up those dolphin Links tomorrow afternoon, Valve needs to patch in Categories for the Grid view... would be heaven.

You can type in your category name in the search and it lists all games in that category, at least.

Jomjom

Banned
Another attempt at another one of my non-Steam games (making these icons is kind of addicting). I tried to make this follow the same style as the KOTOR Steam icon.

V6ni0.jpg

Could I request a Project CARS one?

not mine, found it in the Steam Forums Thread, Enjoy:
ibi3eIHxkukW2d.png

Alright, here is an updated link with the correct size for the images. I also made it a permanent link for if/when I want to add or change something.

http://www.mediafire.com/steamcustomimages
How did you do this so quickly? Bravo, sir. I was gonna DL the old package with about 900 images to see how you managed to get the could to 1,100+ and still keep the size down, while fixing the resolutions... how?

Now, there has to be a way for you to categorize all of them alphabetically, once you collect all the new ones we've all been releasing... it'll be past 1000 and could be the place to go for all things "Custom Steam GRID Icons". :)

Giran

I know it's on Steam. I own it. Just liked that artwork more. Meant the Koei games by "games that should be on Steam"

blamite

I don't want to just make a bunch of requests, but if anyone were to make icons for, say, Halo 1/Custom Edition/Shadowrun/Viva Pinata I would surely use them.

Love that this is a thing, by the way.

zkylon

zkylewd
Made a quick Nexus Mod Manager icon. It's in orange since I mainly use it for New Vegas but If anyone wants it recolored just let me know...
ibbal3FoP5ub59.PNG

For searching's benefit: Nexus Mod Manager

Cday

Banned
I don't want to just make a bunch of requests, but if anyone were to make icons for, say, Halo 1/Custom Edition/Shadowrun/Viva Pinata I would surely use them.

Love that this is a thing, by the way.

jbjYqV8XAjuaLl.jpg

prototype master chief for kicks

jMtvSp0trzk11.gif

jAWNYjZB1gP6.jpg

Top Bottom