• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 12: The Show |OT| Elevated levels of testosterone included

Captain N

I don't really watch baseball at all, but am madly in love with Road to the Show. I've been playing it on my Vita and want to know a good position to play. Playing 1st base right now

S1lent

Trying my first online game, everything is going fine, and then suddenly it freezes in the bottom of the 7th. Anybody else have this issue?

Trying my first online game, everything is going fine, and then suddenly it freezes in the bottom of the 7th. Anybody else have this issue?
Occasionally I've heard this happens, it was to do with cycling menus I think? However some of it is the lag factor.

I heard something about a patch, but that was 3 weeks ago.

S1lent

Occasionally I've heard this happens, it was to do with cycling menus I think? However some of it is the lag factor.

I heard something about a patch, but that was 3 weeks ago.

After about 15 minutes of being stuck there, it finally said that I had lost connection with the other guy and let me go back to the lobby. Stuck me with a disconnect on my stats though. I played a couple other games and didn't have it happen again, thankfully. The lag is quite an adjustment though, really tough to get used to having to swing so much earlier than normal to get on a pitch.

Playing my RTTS career, anyone notice the type of hit variety is a bit better?

dat Newtonian physics.

The hitting has never been better IMO. I've had games where I hit nothing but line drives for outs and can't seem to get a break, but can only tip my cap and say "that's baseball". The instant PCI feedback is a subtle but important change. Having your timing and contact constantly reported back to you is almost a game within the game. You know exactly what you're doing wrong/right and what adjustments you need to make. This is the first baseball sim where I feel like every hit and miss is more or less credible and not prone to some capricious algorithm. It's outstanding.

Online is surprisingly playable too, been enjoying it a lot. psn = DirtyWater if anyone wants a game sometime, feel free to add me.

Hey people, we are (hoping) to get 5 more people for the MLB 12: The Show 30 Teams, 30 GAFfers League for more info check out these 3 posts:

3 games in 5 days, the 6th day is a warning day for games getting auto resolved. The season will be based on how many teams we have playing, since the schedule will be round robin with every team playing one series against each other. NO QUITTERS ALLOWED here.

AL East
Baltimore Orioles - CRIP4LIFE
Boston Red Sox - Sanjuro Tsubaki
New York Yankees - pistolpete2940
Tampa Bay Rays - darkside31337
Toronto Blue Jays - sext0n

AL Central
Chicago White Sox - S1lent
Cleveland Indians - Ramirez
Detroit Tigers - Square Triangle
Kansas City Royals - Duane Cunningham
Minnesota Twins - VACANT

AL West
Los Angeles Angels - Dmncnby2k9
Oakland Athletics - VACANT
Seattle Mariners - goldlion054
Texas Rangers - DCX

NL East
Atlanta Braves - AnEternalEnigma
Miami Marlins - ph33nix
New York Mets - The Frankman
Philadelphia Phillies - DenogginizerOS
Washington Nationals - Kave_Man

NL Central
Chicago Cubs - Mrbob
Cincinnati Reds - jmitchell
Houston Astros - VACANT
Milwaukee Brewers - eznark
Pittsburgh Pirates - VACANT
St. Louis Cardinals - Shiv47

NL West
Arizona Diamondbacks - acheron_xl
Colorado Rockies - Fenix
Los Angeles Dodgers - FrenchMovieTheme
San Diego Padres - ecnal
San Francisco Giants - Corran Horn

according to the Google doc in the 1st page, we have 5 available teams left.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36711377&postcount=340

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36715420&postcount=342

Madtown_

I'd join...preferably with the Pirates or Dodgers, but my PS3 is out right now. Sony is sending me a box this week and hopefully I'll get a working system within a couple of weeks. When is the league getting started, when full?

Either way I'll pay attention to the league and if you still need someone once my system comes in I'd be all for joining.

I'd join...preferably with the Pirates or Dodgers, but my PS3 is out right now. Sony is sending me a box this week and hopefully I'll get a working system within a couple of weeks. When is the league getting started, when full?

Either way I'll pay attention to the league and if you still need someone once my system comes in I'd be all for joining.
It'd be nice to fill up, but I don't expect to. We're hoping to start up this weekend, Friday at the earliest.

Best baseball game ever. Period. The hitting is so satisfying on so many levels. Yes it can be frustrating but it definitely rewards you and generally stays consistent.

dantehemi

I think I'll join the league.. How does it work? Is there a thread that explains the rules? Have any of those 5 teams been taken?

oatmeal

Banned
My RTTS player is a closer. I'm usually a starter and I spend so much time in the mode. But after a few hours I'm already halfway into my second season.

The load times are soooo much better this year. Huge improvement.

The rest of the mode isn't that great...but it's fine. Needs a bit of an overhaul.

dantehemi

I'm currently playing on rookie for both pitching and hitting and I tweaked the sliders a bit (contact, outfield speed, and a couple others things) its time I move up to veteran, as it's getting a bit too easy. My main problem was seeing the ball and taking pitches, I can get the starter up to 80+ pitches by the 7-8th inning and grab alot of walks now. How do some of you guys play? Anyone touch the sliders at all? I would also like to know some of the different modes you guys use for batting and pitching and fielding and such.

I think I'll join the league.. How does it work? Is there a thread that explains the rules? Have any of those 5 teams been taken?
I'm currently playing on rookie for both pitching and hitting and I tweaked the sliders a bit (contact, outfield speed, and a couple others things) its time I move up to veteran, as it's getting a bit too easy. My main problem was seeing the ball and taking pitches, I can get the starter up to 80+ pitches by the 7-8th inning and grab alot of walks now. How do some of you guys play? Anyone touch the sliders at all? I would also like to know some of the different modes you guys use for batting and pitching and fielding and such.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465150

As of right now we still have 5 teams available. Tons of crap will change in the next 2-3 days though so post in the thread!

And yes, we will be using a composite slider set based of suggestions from OS vets and my own slider testing. I've been working on sliders since MLB 08 so I think I have a decent knowledge of tweaking them.

Returners

O_O just needed a place to vent.

1 more out to a perfect game! Ugh.

SO CLOSE.

(at least I have dozens of training points now)

I HATE how fast there outfielders are moving... I have Fielder Run Speed down to 2 and they still cut balls off down the line, I can't lower reaction anymore either. I may have to tweak it down to 1 and see how that works.

jacobs34

I love the challenge of zone hitting in this game, but there is nothing more frustrating than getting perfect timing/wheelhouse contact and still grounding out to second/popping out to the shallow outfield. I realize that this is just part of the game, but it can get really frustrating when you locked in to a pitcher but you have no runs to show for it.

hmmm... when do these games usually have 'bomba' prices? Am interested, but not $60 interested.

I believe Amazon was running it for $10 off yesterday. But, generally, the MLB games never drop. You can wait till August and it'll still be $60 at most retailers. Benefit of that is you can sell it for $30 or $40 come fall.

eznark

Banned
I believe Amazon was running it for $10 off yesterday. But, generally, the MLB games never drop. You can wait till August and it'll still be $60 at most retailers. Benefit of that is you can sell it for $30 or $40 come fall.

I sell mine to Amazon in January for $30 every year (well, the last two years). So good!

After playing the Vita version for an extended period of time, I've come to the conclusion that it's way shittier than it should be, and yet I can't stop playing it. And oh my God, the online mode is even worse than the PS3 version. Yet, I'm compelled to keep working on the platinum.

After playing the Vita version for an extended period of time, I've come to the conclusion that it's way shittier than it should be, and yet I can't stop playing it. And oh my God, the online mode is even worse than the PS3 version. Yet, I'm compelled to keep working on the platinum.
SO REAL, IT'S UNREAL!

laika09

I sold my vita version to a friend. game was way to shitty to tolerate. still down for day 1 next year :/

The Vita version is definitely disappointing, but it's at least keeping me entertained for a month while I'm away from my PS3. It's not a horrid effort for a first edition, though. I'm hopeful they'll make significant strides next year.

Same, it's so terrible yet it's the version I've put the most time into.

hitmon

I sold my vita version to a friend. game was way to shitty to tolerate. still down for day 1 next year :/

I just got the vita version recently and agree. The vita version is unplayable for me. The performance is just bad (I used meter for pitching). I think it is the worst looking vita game I've played so far. Even Hot Shots looked and performed better.

The PS3 version on the other hand is great so far.

Latest patch info.
Russell_SCEA said:
18928.jpg

On Friday morning (4-13) title update 1.06 will be released for MLB 12 The Show, which resolves a handful of issues. In addition to correcting some issues, which may or may not be noticeable, we've also taken the opportunity to include some enhancements to the in-game experience. Following are some of the top-line elements of this patch.

Front End Fixes:

* Start Times/schedule Issue. All of our games (Season and Franchise modes) were starting at 1 PM or 7 PM. You will now see games starting at their correct scheduled times. Games will match their scheduled times listed on team website schedules and MLB.com
* Fixed "Special Jersey Days" issue. Teams were not defaulting to the alt jerseys on the designated days or during spring training. You will now see all teams wearing their Spring Training jerseys throughout spring training. Also, teams will now be wearing their throwback jerseys and alternate jerseys on the correct days, as scheduled by the MLB and their own team websites.

Sounds of the Show:

* EDIT PLAYER - Personalize tab: Previewing Reliever Entrance Music. While modifying/selecting a player's reliever entrance music, all sound previews (in slots 2 and 3) are the same as 'Reliever Entrance Music 1'

Offline:

* Gameplay Pitching Option: Pitch delay option had no effect. There will now be a noticeable difference between the Pitch Delay options of FAST, NORMAL, and SLOWER
* Off balanced catch to end an inning would result in an error being called on the defender that made the catch. No error will be called now, and the play will be scored correctly
* RF throwing out runners at first issue - Line drives hit to RF, was too frequently resulting in the user controlled (or AI controlled fielder) being able to throw the runner out at 1st base. Throws from the Right Fielder should be less accurate and far less likely to result in a force out at 1st base. This can still occur, but only in very real world scenario. Strong line drive to RF, and a strong throw to 1st base
* During the pitcher warm up, the umpire would occasionally appeal to 1st or 3rd base. This has been fixed
* PCI flipped in pitcher view when batting from that particular view. This has been fixed.
* Hot/Cold Zones flipped in pitching view. This has been fixed.
* Pitcher/Batter stats OSD (using "SELECT" button) had the Hot/Cold zones flipped when using "behind the pitcher" camera. This has been fixed.
* The Twins sign in center field will be lit all the time during night games.
* Step offs and throw to base (usually on a steal early) should be sped up and easier to control.
* "Show Track" presentation was occasionally off, in regards to the pitch location. It does not correctly spot the location of the pitch When Campbell does post batter analysis of previous at bat
* Fixes to jumbotrons in several stadiums: Atlanta Turner Field jumbotron would display pre-game lineups in the middle of the game / Cincinnati Great American Ballpark would have missing info in the batting order view / Washington Nationals Park would display the away team’s lineup, when it should be showing the home team lineups
* Dodger Fans chanting "Beat LA" at home during rally moments. This has been fixed.
* Sounds of the Show In-between inning music/end of inning assigned music does not play on occasion. This has been fixed.

In game OSD:

* When the ticker displays the league leading pitchers by ERA it only displays this to the whole number. League Leader pitchers would show ERA’s of 1, or 2, instead of 1.56 or 2.35 (for example)

League:

* Extensive League setup improvements. Increased stability and usability.
* Lock when using Custom Roster in leagues. Leagues are stuck in a forming state and/or freeze the PS3 when they try to load their league. This has been fixed
* Backing out of a draft in progress would occasionally cause a league to freeze. This will no longer occur.
* League challenge options are now shown correctly in pregame acceptance. When a user would receive a league challenge, he would see his own Online User Settings, instead of the League Settings that were assigned by the commissioner
* Inviting users to leagues under several circumstances would result in this message (“The given league ID is not valid.”) This has been fixed.

General Online:

* Online In Game OSD: During an Online game, within the Pause menu, the Wind speed and direction is always 14 to 17 MPH blowing in from CF online. The wind was actually blowing this direction in game as well, making hitting fly-ball HR’s difficult.
* PLAY NOW - Head to Head Logic that selects the home team was not working as intended. Now, the user with more XP points will be the home team, when matched randomly through the Play Now system
* Online bottom line ticker had no data and would only shows up briefly and disappears after the "brought to you by...” This also affects NP ticker updates not showing up in-game.
* Sub-Leaderboards - The top player on each team based sub-leaderboard has an impossible amount of xp/wins/losses, as well as links to the player card of a different player.

Diamond Dynasty:

* Pitchers, and some position players did not have their assigned numbers in Diamond Dynasty. Assigning any number to any player in the TEAM CUSTOMIZATION / EDIT PLAYER area of the Front End did not carry over into game. Once the user entered the game, they would not be wearing that number. Frequently, Pitchers would follow this trend: Number one starter will wear the #1, Number three starter will wear the #3, the ninth guy in the bullpen will have #9...
* Fix for Diamond Dynasty pitch speeds. The fix makes any created DD player use the pitch speed formula as RTTS. No MLB players will be affected. Before the patch, users encountered issues where a Pitcher will have a 99mph fastball and 70mph change-up.

last call if anyone wants in the NeoGAF League!

Current Team list as of 4/13

AL East
Baltimore Orioles - CRIP4LIFE
Boston Red Sox - Sanjuro Tsubaki
New York Yankees - pistolpete2940
Tampa Bay Rays - darkside31337
Toronto Blue Jays - sext0n

AL Central
Chicago White Sox - S1lent
Cleveland Indians - VACANT
Detroit Tigers - Square Triangle
Kansas City Royals - Duane Cunningham
Minnesota Twins - VACANT

AL West
Los Angeles Angels - Dmncnby2k9
Oakland Athletics - VACANT
Seattle Mariners - goldlion054
Texas Rangers - DCX

NL East
Atlanta Braves - AnEternalEnigma
Miami Marlins - VACANT
New York Mets - The Frankman
Philadelphia Phillies - VACANT
Washington Nationals - Kave_Man

NL Central
Chicago Cubs - Mrbob
Cincinnati Reds - VACANT
Houston Astros - VACANT
Milwaukee Brewers - eznark
Pittsburgh Pirates - ajf009
St. Louis Cardinals - Shiv47

NL West
Arizona Diamondbacks - acheron_xl
Colorado Rockies - Fenix
Los Angeles Dodgers - FrenchMovieTheme
San Diego Padres - ecnal
San Francisco Giants - Corran Horn

we need 1 more!

The League now has 23 people... which is anyone knows baseball is not good. I need an even number before I can start it. Anyone interested here PM me.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
So, I was playing my franchise the other night and ended up winning the World Series on a walk-off HR in the bottom of the 12th inning in game 7. They shoot the fire works off for the walk-off and the team comes out to celebrate, then the game just ends. The announcer is like, "Ok, that is it for tonight, here is the player of the game, bye!"

No trophy presentation? Nothing? Just a, "See you next time"!?!? On a walk-off HR in Game 7!!?!

That is ridiculous. As was Dave Campbell repeatedly saying in extra innings, "I don't know how these fans have stuck around this far into the evening. It is late!" IT IS FUCKING GAME 7, YOU DOUCHE!

ajf009

So, I was playing my franchise the other night and ended up winning the World Series on a walk-off HR in the bottom of the 12th inning in game 7. They shoot the fire works off for the walk-off and the team comes out to celebrate, then the game just ends. The announcer is like, "Ok, that is it for tonight, here is the player of the game, bye!"

No trophy presentation? Nothing? Just a, "See you next time"!?!? On a walk-off HR in Game 7!!?!

That is ridiculous. As was Dave Campbell repeatedly saying in extra innings, "I don't know how these fans have stuck around this far into the evening. It is late!" IT IS FUCKING GAME 7, YOU DOUCHE!

haha yeah they definitely need some better situational audio from those guys

S1lent

Ah man that's terrible.

HustlinOwl's Opening Day w/ fixed lineup glitch rosters:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/h1d216

1. Put your thumb drive (I have a CRUZER MINI) in a USB port of your PC.

2 Take this FOLDER (PS3) that is on your desktop and send it to your thumb drive.

3. Take the thumb thingy and put in a USB port on the front of your PS3.

4. Without the game playing you will see the PS3 panel with a whole bunch of stuff. You should see a game controller icon and the word GAME. Just above that is a FOLDER icon that says SAVED DATA UTILITY.

5. Go up to the SAVED DATA UTILITY folder and click Xon your controller. It will open.

6. You will probably see a bunch of Show files that you have saved (franchises/rosters, etc)
Ignore these and go up to USB DEVICE.

7. Click X and your USB DEVICE will open.

8. A window will open with an animation and it will say something like THE SHOW and will have the date and the name of MKs roster. This is what you want to copy to your hard drive.

9. Click on the TRIANGLE button of your controller and this will open another window.

10. You will see COPY. Click on COPY and it will copy this roster to your hard drive.

YOU ARE DONE. YOU ARE HAPPY! YOU ARE THRILLED! YOU WILL PLAYBALL!!!

Start your game, go to the GAME MODE screen and click on FRANCHISE. It will ask you if you want to use the CURRENT/DEFAULT/SAVED roster. Click on SAVED. It will show you this roster. Load that one and you are ready to go.

If you want to just play an exhibition game go to the HDD screen and click on LOAD and load the roster.

Top Bottom