• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins gameplay previews

This will probably only annoy people like me who are familiar with Southern African accents but the main character Bayek totally sounds like a South African, not a North African. The accent is completely wrong. Everyone in the damn game is talking with a North African accent except the main character.

Theorry

This will probably only annoy people like me who are familiar with Southern African accents but the main character Bayek totally sounds like a South African, not a North African. The accent is completely wrong. Everyone in the damn game is talking with a North African accent except the main character.

He sounds more Nigerian to me.

Someone pointed out that Bayek appears to have a beard at 1:21. :D

Do we know how many years the game is supposed to take place over?

Dont think thats Bayek but one of the leader of guards or something. You see him also at 0:55

Toa TAK

Banned
LOL

Sounds exactly like the the first Assassin's Creed's issue. Everyone but Altair was voiced with "authenticity".

Sounds Nigerian, lmao. Nubian dialect by this time was one with Coptic so it's pretty confusing.

Man, the Game of Power trailer is so good it almost deserves its own thread outside of this one. There hasn't been an ingame trailer as intriguing for many AC games in a row now.

This game keeps looking better, and better!

labx

Banned
so.. I'm in. I love ancient Egypt. I need a recommendation. Anyone here in GAF is going the buy the deluxe edition or you think is a waste of money compare to what Ubi is offering? Should I buy the standard edition instead?

hydruxo

The environments are so beautiful. Egypt was always my dream setting for an AC game and they really nailed it and then some.

Toa TAK

Banned
so.. I'm in. I love ancient Egypt. I need a recommendation. Anyone here in GAF is going the buy the deluxe edition or you think is a waste of money compare to what Ubi is offering? Should I buy the standard edition instead?
I'd recommend just getting the standard edition. You're not missing much.

THAT SAID I'm getting the gold edition digitally, and it'll be the first AC game I blow more than the base game's price.

Theorry

Nah. Just a extra mission and some weapons, armor who are probably useless very fast. Just save the 10 bucks for maybe later the expansions if you like the game and want more.

labx

Banned

THAT SAID I'm getting the gold edition digitally, and it'll be the first AC game I blow more than the base game's price.

Nah. Just a extra mission and some weapons, armor who are probably useless very fast. Just save the 10 bucks for maybe later the expansions if you like the game and want more.

Thank you very much buddies! I will go with your recommendations.

Theorry

I am going get gold also. But just because its so cheap on the Xbox Hong Store. Like 560 HK wich is like 70 euro. Instead of the 100 euro i need to pay on my own store.

TitanNut88

OK, I think this will be my first day one AC since Black Flag. Can we expect a Black Flag (Egypt Edition) kind of game this time?

sjay1994

Jesus christ.

That gameinformer article is one of the worst fucking things I've read in a while

There have been a number of bad games in the series, but perhaps the bigger concern is the how few and far between the great ones have been to even it out.

Assassin’s Creed has always had some problems being culturally sensitive. Middle-eastern Altair was played by Nolan North,

Assassin’s Creed has always had some problems being culturally sensitive. Middle-eastern Altair was played by Nolan North,

Middle-eastern Altair was played by Nolan North,

They couldn't even bother to do an IMDB check.

Man, the Game of Power trailer is so good it almost deserves its own thread outside of this one. There hasn't been an ingame trailer as intriguing for many AC games in a row now.

Check this interactive map also. Its the full maps and it shows previews also of the different locations.

https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/game-info/world/index.aspx
Okay, I'm sold

I'm still on the fence with the new combat system, but everything else looks amazing. London was a disappointment for me as a setting, so going back to an ancient era, and it looking so expansive and gorgeous, is a huge plus

Theorry

The drawdistance is so nice. Gonna be difficult to wait a couple of weeks to play it on X.

PotableMenacingDragonfly.gif

TheRed

Game looks so gorgeous. I can't wait to explore Egypt. Hope the PC version is good, I'm ready with my 1080. Unity is still one of the most stunning looking games I've seen. I'm sure it will remain so in certain ways like the interiors but at least this looks like a big step up over Syndicate.

I legit thought he was black African based on his accent only to find out he was more middle eastern African during the latest footage. Threw me off too.

Sober

Did not know this was Roman era (Caesar especially) Egypt. Sounds like a little too late in history for "Origins". Was expecting actual true pre-Ptoloemic Egypt.

Still making my way through Syndicate. Don't know if I will get this day one but it's really tempting now.

SomTervo

In the middle of a story video NPCs walking through Bayek. I hope they fix it.

assassin_s_creed_origflscu.png

This was amazing in Unity, hope they don't fix it.

Nothing fucking funnier than a serious, intense conversation between two characters in a high-stakes situation then a random dude walks in the background and goes "Sacré bleu!"

Wow, I really have not been excited for an AC game since Brotherhood and this one really is shaping up nicely.

Odds on PC version supporting SLI? I need that 4k/60FPS goodness.

EDIT - Is this confirmed as 2160c/30 fps for PS4 Pro?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Oh wow. Those are gorgeous. Do we know how it's supposed to run on the pro? 4K Checkerboard, right?
No info on Pro so far, xbox marketing. :/

Is the game really that good looking or is your typical ubisoft bullshot?
Some of them are straight up screenshots others, (like that screen of of Cleopatra that has that all that aliasing), others are touched up in-engine renders.

Wait wait. Bayek beard or just shadow?

image_assassin_s_creez0skb.jpg
Magazine confirmed beard growth a couple weeks ago.

Top Bottom