• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the exact same as you. I enjoyed watching it for what it is.

He only plays a couple of games though. It's not fully installed when he starts the stream, and he has to end early because he chose to play at the same time Horizon Lunar Colony was added, so he had to download the latest patch which was unfortunate.

I hope he carries on with it though. It will be interesting seeing him level up and playing with different characters.

I noticed some obvious smurfs in his games, that's pretty shitty.

Thing is now that I've put in a lot of time and I'm creeping on Diamond I totally get wanting a smurf account. You can just chill comp doesn't have to put you on the edge of your seat etc.

Sucks for people like Jones though who are just starting out. When I first started my PC account I was getting 4 golds every single game.

Philippo

Do we know anything about the Hajime no Ippo EZAnime? When will it air? What are Ben/Brad are covering (1st season only or all the seasons + the OVAs)? And especially if they got Huber to tag along?

I'm eagerly anticipating it.

Hasney

It sounded like one of the sponsors that wanted to make that show happen was already a sponsor, so if it's funded away from Patreon, they may have dropped that.

there's hate for kyle? i would assume he's by far the most liked ally.
Bosman is great, but he has a tendency to get really snooty and rain on people's parades if he doesn't care about a thing, especially if it's PC gaming related. It's really noticeable in the E3 PC Gaming Show stream and the E3 podcast where he makes it really clear he doesn't give a fuck about PC gaming.

Budi

Bosman is great, but he has a tendency to get really snooty and rain on people's parades if he doesn't care about a thing, especially if it's PC gaming related. It's really noticeable in the E3 PC Gaming Show stream and the E3 podcast where he makes it really clear he doesn't give a fuck about PC gaming.

We need Ben leaving consoles and focusing on PC only so we can get some more PC game related discussion in Frame Trap atleast. Would balance the scales a bit. Steam has nice variety of jrpgs and visual novels and other fan service for him, so he doesn't even need to drop being a weeb! =P

Edit: Did Jones ever stream Full Throttle? I remember there being some talk of it.

Mista Koo

I should watch the Overwatch stream. Bought it around a month ago but yet to try it.

Finished both podcasts. I don't think I've listened to wherever Noodles and Broth came from, but it sounded like some nonsensical Bosman analogy. At least Ben sells it with RPing.

Regarding that L&R question, an indigenous woman wrote interesting stuff about how most games are inherently colonialist (kill whoever, take whatever, etc). Unfortunately they are scattered tweets that aren't easy to link.

Edit: I think the Kyle hate is very understandable. I mean a major reason we love him for is his very bad opinions ¯_(ツ)_/¯
You're my favorite Kyle. I hope you kept the Mr. Mime I sent you :<

I realized this yesterday too about some hiding numbers on Patreon, it makes zero sense to me and i hope EZA doesn't do that. To see how much you need to get some next goal met gets people to pledge and even up-pledge, if you are hiding this from people i will just think you are cool the way it is right now.
It wouldn't make sense only if you use goal tiers, I don't think all Patreons do/need that, nor do all of them need that level of transperency.
Personally I think it's a great feature. When people discuss the allies financials here I get a bit uncomfortable.

I'm not gonna lie I let out a pretty loud chuckle when they were discussing the streams before e3 and Ian goes what about the pc show

Kyle-"O well yea"
Lol

abrack08

How could Kyle be the most-liked when he pulls shit like the streaming Zelda bet fiasco?

Because he's creative, funny, and has genuinely unique opinions/insights, and because the Zelda stream wasn't that serious? Don't get me wrong, he was clearly guilty, but everything about that was done in good fun. And it lead to the trial, one of the best streams in GT/EZA history.

Servbot24

Banned
I found it to be highly unprofessional. It was unbefitting of a video games journalist. He has made that title even more of a joke. If he can't take his duty seriously they should find someone who can.

It should be me! I should be the one who is paid to talk about video games! It should be me!!!

Yeah, but who really cares about PC gaming.
How could Kyle be the most-liked when he pulls shit like the streaming Zelda bet fiasco?
Right? He's truly a monster.

slash3584

Bosman reading all the posts:

qlBcIm4.gif

Deimo5

Tekken 7 review is up. One thing I learned from the story mode is don't bother trying to kill people with laser beams, no matter how powerful they might seem. The Mishima's might as well be DBZ characters considering their resilience.
The whole rise of story modes in fighting games is pretty interesting, not to mention how it's becoming a big thing in sports games now too. I like that direction, even though we get Frequency Vibrations from it sometimes.

jett

D-Member
That was a great night of Tetris, lots of runs over 400k.
One run even reached 400k at level 13(and then Bosman promptly botched it :p).
I really wish Kyle would keep at it, he definitely can beat Woz, an obviously if he didn't just play once a week he would've beat him a long time ago.

That turned out to be a genius move that resulted in much more entertainment than some Zelda 3 run.

Bosmen is easily my favorite ally. He's one of the few allies I can watch a solo streams of and enjoy.

My GF loves Ian to death. Easy Update is her favorite.

Unrelated: Is it me or do Ian & Brad not get along?

Budi

Bosmen is easily my favorite ally. He's one of the few allies I can watch a solo streams of and enjoy.

My GF loves Ian to death. Easy Update is her favorite.

Unrelated: Is it me or do Ian & Brad not get along?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUYyWbi2jkQ I don't know, they seem to manage pretty well =D What made you think that, have I missed something?

I'm 100% certain that they all get along with each other and enjoy each others company, they are friends. Or allies if you will =P
There's no Brad vs Ian or Damiani vs Bosman beef.

Edit: I've been thinking if Jolly Co-op was a phrase before Gametrailers coined it? Jolly is so much a Huber word.

there's only one ally i don't really like and not because i think he's terrible but he's just not that articulate and doesn't have on screen charisma.

Damiani

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Of all the Allies
Sophie
really has the least elaborate and least interesting opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom