• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

DryvBy

I haven't played in forever. The San Andreas shirts and gear, that's impossible to get these days right?

And what exactly should I be doing online? Just making money and having fun? I thought there were missions and co-op things to do.

Megaversy

Neo Member
I haven't played in forever. The San Andreas shirts and gear, that's impossible to get these days right?

And what exactly should I be doing online? Just making money and having fun? I thought there were missions and co-op things to do.

Not sure about the SA gear as I have not been on in a while. But online (for me at least) was all about having a good time with buds. Doing jobs, or just goofing off in the city. Buddies made everything online 10x better for me. :)

DryvBy

Thanks for the info. I keep thinking I'm playing "wrong". lol

This has more than likely been answered but I'll start it up again. I used my code for the $1,000,000 and nothing is in my bank. Not that I need it ($750k in the bank right now with nothing to buy). But it would be nice to pretend I'm rich.

julrik

My character changed a little.

Old (360):

0_0.jpg

New (PS4):

m7V3QyA4E0OzI9We-nNbzQ_0_0.jpg

Got 1.2 MIL in the bank but nothing I really need I've already got 20 cars, planes, boats, Titan, dump etc...

Tempted to save up and get a Buzzard but still spawn on a regular basis.

Tanks are cool but slow and easy to take out.

The jet is cool but with no guns its over priced when compared with that other plane you can buy (forgot name) worth around 800k?

Dodo is cool just not sure how often I need to land on water.

Monster truck looks bad ass though.

DryvBy

Got 1.2 MIL in the bank but nothing I really need I've already got 20 cars, planes, boats, Titan, dump etc...

Tempted to save up and get a Buzzard but still spawn on a regular basis.

Tanks are cool but slow and easy to take out.

The jet is cool but with no guns its over priced when compared with that other plane you can buy (forgot name) worth around 800k?

Dodo is cool just not sure how often I need to land on water.

Monster truck looks bad ass though.

I forgot about the monster truck. Where do you buy that? I might waste my money on it and fix it up.

And if I buy a monster truck and someone takes it out or I leave it around the city, will it be in my garage or gone for good?

MaxiLive

Has anyone else had issues playing?

I've only tried to connect 4 times, twice last night and twice the night before but each time it says connection time out.

It let me transfer my character okay!

Palpable

I've only tried to connect 4 times, twice last night and twice the night before but each time it says connection time out.

Absolutely. It either doesn't let me connect or it will glitch when I'm playing as Franklin and I can't hold down on the D pad to swap characters. Most the time it will put me in a job alone when I do the 'join random job' from the phone.

I forgot about the monster truck. Where do you buy that? I might waste my money on it and fix it up.

And if I buy a monster truck and someone takes it out or I leave it around the city, will it be in my garage or gone for good?

It's like the tank and helicopters; once you buy it, it's yours forever. You call Pegasus if you want to spawn another one iirc.

WITHE1982

Just applied to the PS4 crew (PSN: AST2008).

It'll be my first foray into GTA Online. Any quick tips or advice for a complete n00b?

Fergie

Banned
Anybody else not receive the pre-order bonus money online?

I bought it from the playstation store, received the 500k single player bonus though.
Same issue, 500k went to Franklin soon as I did the prologue.

Then transferred my online character and played around for a hour last night no bonus. Should have 800k which is PSN bonus and pre-order.

Only tried it last night and just quit after the timeouts, I'll try it when I get home later.

The strip club and Ammu-Nation's are safe-zones if you're being harassed.

So is passive mode.

You buy it from the Army website I think and it's a vehicle that is delivered so can't be customised as such (just a choice of flag)

Derpyduck

Banned
GTA Online on XBox One is a ghost town.
Went online yesterday for the first time but couldn't get higher than rank 3 because there was nobody to play with.

In case there is/will be a XBox One GTA V crew and somebody wants to play sometime: SenteevsLV (both gamertag and Social Club ID)

I doubt the online community in either version is a ghost town. The game is just broken. 50 percent of the time the game just dumps me into an empty lobby (PS4). 40 percent of the time it just times out attempting to connect. And the other 10 percent of the time I manage to get into a semi-filled lobby with a max of 16-18 players. They need to fix this broken shit, because when I do end up in a lobby with other players, it's damn fun.

Same with me. Character transfer went smoothly. It's everything else that's broken.

I just went through a big list of invites. If you applied and didn't get accepted yet, wait a few minutes for the site to update. If you *still* didn't get anything, please PM me here or the Social club with your deets. We will get it worked out! I'm happy to see everyone want to join....let's have a large amount stick around for the long haul!
Is there a preferred method the Crew Leaders want? I just happened to read Von Beans post in another thread.
Sorry, I missed this (and a few others I'll let go..) due to the excitement. This is for everyone else - the preferred way to join the crew would be to send myself (BaronVonBeans on the Social Club site) a message or Friend request, that includes your Gaf name. I can link you up quicker that way, then looking at a long list of people requesting to go in. Either way will work...the message system is definitely quicker though.
The strip club and Ammu-Nation's are safe-zones if you're being harassed.
BrokenBeans said it the best - Passive mode. It has been fixed, and is the safest no doubt. Any place you can enter can be made unsafe by firing in to it. I've had jokers think they can run me over repeatedly while I am in passive mode escape to stores thinking they are safe. Nope. I either block the doors with a car, or shoot inside from outside, and the shooting makes the "store" part go away, and then it's a free for all. The other person usually realizes too late, as I am speeding away.
Isn't passive mode kind of useless against vehicles?
Supposedly fixed. I have not actually tested out being in a vehicle and tried to be killed, or tried to be run over, but passive was having people leave me alone like never before on Tuesday.

When I did the transfer, I did see it say something like 'transferring special edition content'.

But I don't have the original blimp (Maybe they only give you one blimp?).

And I don't think I have the big garage that Franklin had to put in cars.

Single player content is not transfered between consoles only the online stuff.

This probably belongs in the GTAV OT, but Rockstar did say that the special edition content would transfer if you bought the special edition on the 360/Ps3 and then GTA V PS4/X1. I did the same and I don't have access to Franklin's Garage, Michael's Garage, etc, or the special guns like the high powered handgun. I don't really mind, but also my character's special abilities aren't doubled.

Do dodos or jets or helicopters or monster trucks or like half the stuff I see in the shops ever appear randomly in the world? I haven't played long but I don't see a huge variety in what npcs are driving around

Do dodos or jets or helicopters or monster trucks or like half the stuff I see in the shops ever appear randomly in the world? I haven't played long but I don't see a huge variety in what npcs are driving around
The Pegasus stuff....not likely in Online. You will randomly come across other planes, but I have yet to see the super fancy stuff being piloted by NPCs. There is a chance we haven't seen it yet, since it's only been out for a few days though...ya just never know!

Single player wise...still likely a no...but it's a much better chance I think due to the controlled environement aspect about it.

Yes, the only thing I'm not sure about is the monster truck. Dodos and helicopters spawn at Trevor's runway (helicopters also spawn at other places around the map and the airport) and jets in the army base. You can sometimes spot them flying through the air too.

Edit2: the fancy Luxor jet spawns at the airport and so does the cargo plane once you reach a certain rank

Yes, the only thing I'm not sure about is the monster truck. Dodos and helicopters spawn at Trevor's runway (helicopters also spawn at other places around the map and the airport) and jets in the army base. You can sometimes spot them flying through the air too.

Edit2: the fancy Luxor jet spawns at the airport and so does the cargo plane once you reach a certain rank

Ah. Appreciate that. So world spawns could be based on rank then?

Matchmaking could use some work. I went into a race where all 10 other people were lvl 10 or under...and they put custom cars as an option. I'm at lvl 137 with a maxed out zentoro. I basically just ran away with 3 races in a row. I left because it wasn't fair (that didn't stop me from having fun for 3 races) : )

Network connection question. I'm still getting disconnected over half the time I go into a race or job. Is this just online stability for the game right now or should I change my NAT type from 2 to 1. I actually tried to change it for a few hours last night but no matter if I forward all the ports or put the ps4 ip in my router DMZ, it just won't return type 1 when I check.

RS4-

Yeah, not a fan of how they still have the last gen issues with getting dc'd while to load a job or even load online, etc. Shit just takes ages.

Dodo's spawn in the world?! I have yet to see one! I was mainly referring to Besra, Vestra, the new Helicopter, and a few other newer aircrafts. But yea, the standard heli's and planes are in the world a plenty!

Are graphics, LOD, traffic density also cut down like last gen?

I think so but it's not as noticeable to me. I don't think animals show up online so there are thing like that. It does look better than before so I'm not paying attention to all the details.

Also, I read some comments in the OT and...was the extra money we get for the single player and not online. I saw comment about people not being able to choose which of the 3 main characters got the money but nothing about the money being online.

It's totally different if you get a group of friends together. You can just keep completing jobs/races/deathmacthes over and over and have tons of fun. The lobby voting system helps keep the flow of missions steady too. I rarely ever just ride around aimlessly killing people online.
This, so much this. Bouncing from one job to the next in the results screen not only lets you try all sorts of new events, but you can make decent money this way also. Plus...the racing in the game is pretty solid with some races. Coupled with the new perspective, it just about eliminates any need for an "arcade" racer.
Are graphics, LOD, traffic density also cut down like last gen?
It's maybe scaled down from SP, but the Online is certainly is leaps and bounds beyond PS/360 Online.

RS4-

Well, my bro was doing the 250k challenges. Since he has the ps4, I asked him to do it on mine as well. But it looks like challenge limit is tied to either the console or the IP lol

aember

Supposedly fixed. I have not actually tested out being in a vehicle and tried to be killed, or tried to be run over, but passive was having people leave me alone like never before on Tuesday.

Alright, I'll try it out once I get back home today. Hopefully it's actually working good this time!

Well, my bro was doing the 250k challenges. Since he has the ps4, I asked him to do it on mine as well. But it looks like challenge limit is tied to either the console or the IP lol
That's a shame, but also, it's awesome to finally see something there. I remember finding that option in the menus a while back, but nothing ever loaded on the PS3 for me, if they were in place there. I love that system...you can make a ton of money IF you are willing to risk a ton of money. From what I am reading you can choose a tough course, but you can choose easy and luck out. I hope this continues for a little bit, cause I want to make some money. Those planes, helicopters, and contruction equipment doesn't come cheap!

Mistel

Banned
This probably belongs in the GTAV OT, but Rockstar did say that the special edition content would transfer if you bought the special edition on the 360/Ps3 and then GTA V PS4/X1. I did the same and I don't have access to Franklin's Garage, Michael's Garage, etc, or the special guns like the high powered handgun. I don't really mind, but also my character's special abilities aren't doubled.
The special content does transfer story progression doesn't.

Top Bottom