• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

I'm going into town today to look round some gaming shops, but I'm finding it pretty much impossible to be enthused at the thought of finding any of the new bos out in the wild. I always just assume the people working in the shops would take the rare ones for themselves anyway.

While out yesterday, saw a guy walking around clutching a Mega Man. Went to the nearest game...Mario, Peach, DK, Pikachu, Link, Fox...awesome.

Zalman

So I'm in Holland right now and I think I'm going to try to see how the amiibo situation here. Haven't bought any from wave 3B yet, so it'd be nice to find something.

JonnyKong

While out yesterday, saw a guy walking around clutching a Mega Man. Went to the nearest game...Mario, Peach, DK, Pikachu, Link, Fox...awesome.

To be honest I'm just surprised that other people in my scutty town are collecting them.

That's also the first time I've used the word scutty in about ten years.

JonnyKong

Ha what on earth, just had this email sent to me from the Nintendo store,

Dear Jonny 

Thanks for placing your order with us 

We are sorry that the product(s) below has not yet been sent. 

Wario No.32 amiiboCharizard No.33 amiiboNess No.34 amiiboPAC-MAN No.35 amiibo

We are following this up and we will keep you updated on the status of your order. 

JoeM86

Dear Jonny 

We are following this up and we will keep you updated on the status of your order. 

I got that too. It seems they had February 20th listed as those release dates.

They better not cancel these.

So I'm in Holland right now and I think I'm going to try to see how the amiibo situation here. Haven't bought any from wave 3B yet, so it'd be nice to find something.

Good luck. On Thursday I was only able to find Sonics and Mega Mans in stores. I was fortunate to get a Shulk by placing a preorder at a Dutch webshop (on Thursday 17:30) and got it yesterday.

Dear Jonny 

I got that too. It seems they had February 20th listed as those release dates.

They better not cancel these.

The nintendo store is run by the hut group.

Expect these emails at random intervals every few days for ages, because they do this for most (all?) of the hut sites when they "miss" a release date. This of course includes "misses" that are dates they incorrectly typed.

At one point, my email inbox looked like this because thy wouldn't stop sending me reminders for a game that hadn't even released yet...
Z3H0Z0I.png

LOL Was yesterday the release date of Shulk, Meta Knight etc.?

Because even prior to this date I couldn't find any place where I could order Shulk...wtf!?

edit: Toad is out of stock at amazon.de...

Ikon

I suppose I shouldn't be too disappointed since DeDede is actually the first amiibo I wanted that's hasn't been available in store on release date. I guess I understand some of you just a little bit better now.

Chopper

Oops, really mean 'had pre orders cancelled' Sorry, it was like 4 AM. :p
You mean you managed to preorder them at the Nintendo UK store, and they got cancelled?!

Edit: Oh, I see.

Yeah, I got the same email about my Charizard/Wario. I noticed the dispatch date was 20/2/15 for ages. Wrong!

So with the Robin/Pac-Man wave I should basically go scour the pathetic Amiibo stock at retail? How's Toys R' Us in the UK for these things?

ShopTo have all the Wave 4 available for "pre-order", with only Wario I think out of any of them actually available to order. I'll throw my hat onto the pile and say this situation is pretty pathetic. Nintendo is leaving money on the table.

Spades

Wave 4 now showing on the Argos website at least; but out of stock in every store and not available for delivery - so they clearly didn't get any stock.

pBWULta.png

At least you can set up stock alerts with them now.

Wave 4 now showing on the Argos website at least; but out of stock in every store and not available for delivery - so they clearly didn't get any stock.

pBWULta.png

At least you can set up stock alerts with them now.

Lol I signed up for stock alerts on Pit... I don't know how many months ago :p

MicH

Oh hey, my Japanese Shulk shipped. When I can't get a European one I might as well go Japanese. I'm done going from store to store and being told they don't have it

Spades

Oh hey, my Japanese Shulk shipped. When I can't get a European one I might as well go Japanese. I'm done going from store to store and being told they don't have it

Ditto! Perhaps we bought from the same seller. I managed to find him for ~£19 delivered, so I bit the bullet. I open all of mine anyway so the box is not important to me.

MicH

Ditto! Perhaps we bought from the same seller. I managed to find him for ~£19 delivered, so I bit the bullet. I open all of mine anyway so the box is not important to me.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure we did because mine was the same price. Really not bad when it's coming from Japan

Oh man, can't even be bothered with shops. I had luck the first day, but Game was open early and they had (what would eventually be) the rare ones. Ever since then, just the usuals.

I've had some luck with online preorders, but with our American amiibros mining Europe (surprised it took this long, guys!), it's tougher and tougher.

Just a few more to go, then retirement:

Zero Suit Samus
ROB
Duck Hunt Duo
Olimar
Mr. G and W
Ganondorf

And out of those, getting DHD and GW are priority.

I may or may not he amassing doubles of some characters as bargaining chips in case I don't get those guys. But I promise if everything works out, I'll sell whatever extra I do have of the others (at retail price, plus shipping) to those who'll need it in the future.

Zalman

Partial success! I could only find Sonic and Mega Man, but they're cheaper than they are at home in Denmark so I can't complain.

This and Americans were buying five of each on Amazon UK, where they apparently bragged on Reddit and love how Amazon UK offers a flat rate delivery to the U.S. as well =/

Combined with GAME UK also shipping to the US.

Anyone venturing out today in the hope that some new stock has magically appeared from somewhere?!

I've been looking and had no luck. Rang up all my usual spots and got nothing :/
You can't even search for stock on GAME anymore.

Spades

I've been looking and had no luck. Rang up all my usual spots and got nothing :/

It's dire.

I'm just so glad I've got all of the Mario Party collection and remaining Smash waves pre-ordered already with GAME. I can't keep going through this each time a new wave is released.

It's dire.

I'm just so glad I've got all of the Mario Party collection and remaining Smash waves pre-ordered already with GAME. I can't keep going through this each time a new wave is released.

Never actually thought to do this but, can you preorder instore at Game? I can't imagine (with the Best Buy/Toys R Us fiascos in the US) it's more reliable than online, but never even thought to ask.

Spades

Never actually thought to do this but, can you preorder instore at Game? I can't imagine (with the Best Buy/Toys R Us fiascos in the US) it's more reliable than online, but never even thought to ask.

I doubt they'll guarantee you'll get one now. I managed to get all of my pre-orders in online the day they added them.

Springy

I asked my local GAME, and they just looked at me pitifully. Maybe you'd have better luck, though.

Spades

I asked my local GAME, and they just looked at me pitifully. Maybe you'd have better luck, though.

I think GAME stores in general sometimes operate quite differently from each other, so yeah - it's all about what your local store will do.

Chopper

I spoke to my local Game yesterday. I got that pitiful look. According to the system, the only one available to preorder was Charizard.

However, the clerk did recommend that I contacted the store's Facebook page, as the guy who runs it knows a guy who is planning on importing them all from the US and selling them for about £100 a set. I don't think I'll bother.

It's dire.

Yeah same. What I find most stupid is that how this was handled. You couldn't pre-order from Toys R U or Argos. Fair enough, but then Argos completely fuck up the database which meant I couldn't even search for them on their e-catalogues in the store. With Toys R Us they said well sold out instantly.
GAME stop pre-orders pretty much the day the were announced on those Amiibos (and Rosalnia) and only stocked for those who pre-ordered.

According to Toys R Us, I asked a guy there who new about Amiibos and said that they haven't got them yet. Yet. So I think if you head to Toys R Us on Monday we might see something good.
I'm gonna head to my local Argos and see what the situation is but I know I'm not getting my hopes up. What bothers too is they say they have in a warehouse online to order, but I've tried multiple random post codes and none are in stock. WTF?

I think GAME stores in general sometimes operate quite differently from each other, so yeah - it's all about what your local store will do.

Thanks, guys. Guess couldn't hurt to ask what their policy is.

I got off the phone with GAME customer support about 30 minutes ago. Basically they only sold Amiibos to those that pre-ordered them. If those who pre-ordered don't collect their Amiibo within 48 hours of the products release date, then they can put them out for us dirty non-pre-orderers. From the sounds of it. Monday is the day to start hunting.

Spades

You say "finally", but yesterday was the official release day.

Anyway, grats.

I know - perhaps a little context would help; I had Sonic, Mega Man and Dedede all pre-ordered with them. They took the money and dispatched Sonic and Mega Man on Tuesday! Nothing happened at all with Dedede so I assumed the order would be cancelled (they even removed him from the site), until late yesterday afternoon they dispatched him!

Craft

Guys if your order for Shulk was cancelled from the Nintendo store make sure you complain, I was just offered a £5 voucher by way of apology.

Guys if your order for Shulk was cancelled from the Nintendo store make sure you complain, I was just offered a £5 voucher by way of apology.

Can I just go in a complain the way Amiibos have been handled is complete shit and that I should be given a new3DS with the Skullkid statue as compensation?

MicH

Just called a different Toys R Us store and they said they had Shulk! It's an hour away though and they wouldn't put one aside for me (they said they hadn't put them out yet), so hopefully I can get one! That would really make my weekend

Spades

My shulk amiibo from them still has not arrived, hoping it's just a royal mail delay and not that it got lost or stolen.

When did you get your shipping notice from them? I've ordered hundreds of things from ShopTo and have always received my item within two days of the shipping note; 90% of the time the next day.

Hope he arrives safely, you lucky bastard. ;)

Spades

Just called a different Toys R Us store and they said they had Shulk! It's an hour away though and they wouldn't put one aside for me (they said they hadn't put them out yet), so hopefully I can get one! That would really make my weekend

Really? Damn! Good luck, and please buy more if they have any for us on here. I hope it's not a Sheik!

Top Bottom