• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Foxix said:
Really? All I did was hit the magic wand doo hicky, crank it way up and start clicking. Churned them out really quick, since they have such bright colors it almost never screws up when auto selecting them.

Yea magic wand is nice when you're going for the quick and dirty but I'm OCD about the jaggies lol.

Edit: Actually you're right, the colors are polarizing enough that it actually works out nicely :eek:.

Foxix Von

Pankaks said:
Yea magic wand is nice when you're going for the quick and dirty but I'm OCD about the jaggies lol.

Edit: Actually you're right, the colors are polarizing enough that it actually works out nicely :eek:.

Welcome to a whole new world.

OMG Aero said:
b5cPV.jpg

YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! OH, DAMN YOU! GODDAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

That'd be me. I'm gonna post about it later with all the details but all you need to know right now is that it is going down at midnight GMT and if you are interested post here or PM me so I know who to PM the password to.

We shouldn't have a password! Or at least if it is, you should post it in the topic so the lurkers and curious can come and see what the fuss is about. It's easy enough to ban trolls on synchtube.

KtSlime

Amibguous Cad said:
We shouldn't have a password! Or at least if it is, you should post it in the topic so the lurkers and curious can come and see what the fuss is about. It's easy enough to ban trolls on synchtube.

Agreed. We need to be as welcoming as possible.

Sciz said:
Just do what the Minecraft thread does.

Quote to view:

Greatest GAF secret feature.

Neki

Foxix said:
Now with stars
j6zU3.png
atmND.png

Edit woops haha looks like I was beaten!

Double edit: I missed making these <3

Wow, that avatar looks epic with stars! Use the stars + transparency, what a combination!

2th

Banned
so in preparation for the season finale i am spending tonight rewatching several episodes. just finished Dragonshy and the facial expressions are awesome in this. i also freaking love the fainting goat reference made whenever fluttyshy faints and falls over. going to watch at least 5 or 6 more episodes tonight!

Just watched episode 10, the song pinky pie plays with the all instruments man is so fucking catchy and awesome!

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Pony Ville proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the Pinky Pie Electrical Parade!'"

I need to do a fanart of this when I have some time :lol

Darte

What sort of video editing tools do you guys use? Thinking I'll have some free time after I graduate while I'm looking for jobs and I wanted to try my hand at a music video.

PC only though, I don't use Macs but I've tried final cut pro at school and coulda worked for what I wanted to do but won't have access to that anymore D:

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sorry if old but, found this on Reddit. Thought it was too good not to post.

Darte said:
What sort of video editing tools do you guys use? Thinking I'll have some free time after I graduate while I'm looking for jobs and I wanted to try my hand at a music video.

PC only though, I don't use Macs but I've tried final cut pro at school and coulda worked for what I wanted to do but won't have access to that anymore D:

I've been using Sony Vegas Studio (about 70$). I originally bought it because my sister and I wanted to do our own MST3k-like reviews and we needed something that could edit out green screens.

Being completely new to Video making (I only started using it a couple months ago when the big pony craze started), I've gotten the hang of it quite well. I'd say the only annoying limitation of this cheaper "lite" version is the inability to cut out specific parts of the video frames (like cutting out the animation of someone running and putting it on a different video), but considering those high end versions are 500+ dollars, I think it's a bargain. It's definitely a step beyond...

Windows Movie Maker

This used to be associated with being utter crap within the AMV community, but the new version for Vista and W7 is actually really great for being free. Plenty of good bundled effects and transitions and proper HD support. This is good if you're not planning to have a video laden with all sorts of trippy effects. You can still make some good videos with it. I'm pretty sure it's what FluttershyElsa uses for his videos (look up Pony Polka or Sexy Naughty Bitchy Rarity) and they're edited quite well for such a limited program (I think he's using XP because they're not in HD) Only real downside aside from that is there's really no way to edit speed so if you're looking to make Music videos with perfect lipsync and timing, WMM isn't for you. As far as I know. Again, total n00b here.

Lightworks

I heard about this program via Lifehacker but I haven't tried it. It's a free Open Source Video Editor. Judging from the description, it definitely has functionality on par with Sony Vegas (it's got Timing options and support for having multiple layers of effects). It's free so it might be worth a shot for you.

Just a recommendation, find the proper RAWs floating around out there (I'll PM you if you want). A lot of good PMVs which are otherwise good are marred by Logo infested TV rips.

Narag

DrForester said:
"We present a laurel, and a hearty handshake to our new....

Griffon..."

This really needs to happen. I like Gilda (and Trixie) far too much for them to be one off characters.

Darte

Choppasmith said:
I've been using Sony Vegas Studio (about 70$). I originally bought it because my sister and I wanted to do our own MST3k-like reviews and we needed something that could edit out green screens.

Being completely new to Video making (I only started using it a couple months ago when the big pony craze started), I've gotten the hang of it quite well. I'd say the only annoying limitation of this cheaper "lite" version is the inability to cut out specific parts of the video frames (like cutting out the animation of someone running and putting it on a different video), but considering those high end versions are 500+ dollars, I think it's a bargain. It's definitely a step beyond...

Windows Movie Maker

This used to be associated with being utter crap within the AMV community, but the new version for Vista and W7 is actually really great for being free. Plenty of good bundled effects and transitions and proper HD support. This is good if you're not planning to have a video laden with all sorts of trippy effects. You can still make some good videos with it. I'm pretty sure it's what FluttershyElsa uses for his videos (look up Pony Polka or Sexy Naughty Bitchy Rarity) and they're edited quite well for such a limited program (I think he's using XP because they're not in HD) Only real downside aside from that is there's really no way to edit speed so if you're looking to make Music videos with perfect lipsync and timing, WMM isn't for you. As far as I know. Again, total n00b here.

Lightworks

I heard about this program via Lifehacker but I haven't tried it. It's a free Open Source Video Editor. Judging from the description, it definitely has functionality on par with Sony Vegas (it's got Timing options and support for having multiple layers of effects). It's free so it might be worth a shot for you.

Just a recommendation, find the proper RAWs floating around out there (I'll PM you if you want). A lot of good PMVs which are otherwise good are marred by Logo infested TV rips.

I tried windows movie maker just a few days ago actually and you're right. While it was quite easy to use, I couldn't find how to precisely speed up/slow down videos which is the main thing in music videos. I'll probably try out lightworks first since its free but I'll see if theres a trial version of Sony Vegas studio as well just so I can see which one seems to be better overall.

As for RAWs, I don't think I'll have a problem finding them. If anything I'll stick to 1080p or 720p RAWs only. Used to be I didn't care much for quality but ever since this show got me hooked, I can't stand anything less than 720P D;

2th

Banned
mj1108 said:
It is in the central and eastern timezones. The pacific and mountain zones await Pony Day's arrival.

i feel bad for people in those time zones... our glorious pony overlords have not graced them with this amazing day yet.

i say that sitting here watching episode 14... I have no clue why but i enjoy hearing "art of the dress" it has a good beat to it. and for some reason i like how Rarity looks with her glasses.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
2th said:
i feel bad for people in those time zones... our glorious pony overlords have not graced them with this amazing day yet.

i say that sitting here watching episode 14... I have no clue why but i enjoy hearing "art of the dress" it has a good beat to it.

Still be Pony day in our time zones when Pony day is long over for you.

Foxix said:
Now with stars
j6zU3.png
atmND.png

Edit woops haha looks like I was beaten!

Double edit: I missed making these <3

Pankaks said:
Man these stars are a pain in the butt to render. I don't think I've ever used the history brush so much. (I love making avatars too <3)

Without stars
ROgEq.png

With stars
rDWj4.png

n8BitMan said:
Oh man, I didn't know! I know what I"m watching tonight.

Also this. And while we are all showing off here I got my own late submission.

p39WZ.png

Wow, thank you all, definitely going with the stars. You guys rock!

Darte said:
I tried windows movie maker just a few days ago actually and you're right. While it was quite easy to use, I couldn't find how to precisely speed up/slow down videos which is the main thing in music videos. I'll probably try out lightworks first since its free but I'll see if theres a trial version of Sony Vegas studio as well just so I can see which one seems to be better overall.
As for RAWs, I don't think I'll have a problem finding them. If anything I'll stick to 1080p or 720p RAWs only. Used to be I didn't care much for quality but ever since this show got me hooked, I can't stand anything less than 720P D;

Oh okay, just a couple notes if you try Sony Vegas, there's a weird bug with the Executable (at least with Vegas Studio, not sure if it affects Pro) and you'll get Memory errors all over the place when you have a lot of layers and effects going on(I have 6GB of RAM and a 2.6 Dual Core) Look for CFF Explorer (it's free), load up the EXE of the program, go to NT Headers/File Header/Characteristics and make sure "App can handle over 2GB address space" Is ENABLED. The save. Program has run like a dream ever since. Such a weird oversight by Sony.

Also I had to look it up on Google, but to affect the speed of clips, just hold Control while you're stretching the clip on the timeline, longer is slower, shorter is faster.

DrForester said:
Still be Pony day in our time zones when Pony day is long over for you.

What drives me nuts is that it actually airs RIGHT before I have to leave for work. Then it's eight hours before I can watch it.

Acerac

Banned
2th said:
Ok enough Blazing Saddles... IT'S PONY DAY!!!!!!
It's amazing how much easier an otherwise crappy Thursday is to endure when I know that tomorrow is PONY DAY.

While I am saddened by the end of pony season (and the decision to have us be on the top page of community forums FOREVER) I am fine with a bit of a break. I am finally convincing my friends to watch the show, which took an absurd amount of effort, and I can already tell they are slowly being converted. The offtime will let them catch up, so when the new season starts our numbers will be greater than ever before. :)

OK I'm being absurdly overoptimistic about the longevity of the show during the offseason. That being said, I do not see myself suddenly not caring about this show when season 2 comes out. Hopefully other bronies follow suit.

Hmm... it's pony day isn't it? FUCK YES I GET HUB!

Darte

Choppasmith said:
Oh okay, just a couple notes if you try Sony Vegas, there's a weird bug with the Executable (at least with Vegas Studio, not sure if it affects Pro) and you'll get Memory errors all over the place when you have a lot of layers and effects going on(I have 6GB of RAM and a 2.6 Dual Core) Look for CFF Explorer (it's free), load up the EXE of the program, go to NT Headers/File Header/Characteristics and make sure "App can handle over 2GB address space" Is ENABLED. The save. Program has run like a dream ever since. Such a weird oversight by Sony.

Also I had to look it up on Google, but to affect the speed of clips, just hold Control while you're stretching the clip on the timeline, longer is slower, shorter is faster.

Gotcha, thanks.

I just tried lightworks real quick and it seems its not compatible with .mkv files unless I convert em to .mp4 first which seems like a pain.

I think I'll give Sony Vegas a quick try, shouldn't have too much trouble on my gaming laptop with Intel i7 1.6ghz x4 and 8 gb of RAM. Wonder if it'll take advantage of my video card as well...

Anyways, seeing that I've got to get up early, I bid you all goodbye for a few days. Seeing as it is the last episode for the season, I don't wanna see it until the 1080p version comes out so I'm cutting myself off from everything pony related till monday at the latest.

Enjoy the song bronies

n8

Unconfirmed Member
rH8ss.png

I made a simple edit to make it more appropriate for today.
The time the show starts

The last of the pony days for a while...

Foxix Von

ChuckNoLuck said:
We're all going to change our avatars to Belle Eve / Neigh O'Gaf for just today, right?

qdVsZ.png

Chuck, where you lead I will follow.

ALSO FUCK YEAH IT'S PONY DAY! I'll wait for the synchtube group start to watch the episode for the first time <3

McNum

Belle Eve it is.

This thread is going to become weird to read if you go off of people's avatars to identify them today.

KtSlime

McNum said:
Belle Eve it is.

This thread is going to become weird to read if you go off of people's avatars to identify them today.

I remember everyone's name, especially now after the 'outage' that occurred last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom