• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT16| The Last Thread🛈

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I push Show Details, but get no details. Clearly fake.
anuxi_rum.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i dunno how u guys can say that pastebin is fake, considering how when 7.00 pastebin leak 1st came out, EVERYONE thought it was the most obvious fake of all time and it ended up true
i think that pastebin's legit

The big thing for me is, this upcoming dota2 patch is the most tested dota2 patch of all time. Even the MK patch was on the private test client for just 2-3 weeks. So obviously there is an alpha testing phase (icefrog + friends) that we can't see, but on the steam client that we can see (valve + friends + family); every major patch has been there for at most ~4 weeks. Average 2-3 weeks.

This patch has been tested on that particular client for >8 weeks now. That's insane. That's why I think those leaks around TI are true (4chan + havost) with aghanim's giving every hero a new spell and many of the passive aghs moved into talents; also new talent tier added and talents rescaled to 9/13/17/21/25. Makes sense that something as monumental as this needs a fuck ton of testing.

I just can't see standard balance changes + new items requiring more testing (more than double) than 7.00 lol. Must be some major restructuring going on whether that's gameplay or map related. Or perhaps the design of the new heroes is very fluid idk. Not to mention there are some massive nerfs to some heroes that don't need nerfing (Clinkz) in those fake notes, where the guy seems to think they are a net buff.

Twookie

the dude that posted it on reddit said it was fake though

and look at things like these:

Fatal Bonds cooldown reduced from 140 to 100 - (?)

ORACLE:
Base damage increased by 15 - jesus

Bloodrite now mini-stuns any unit that it damages - Icefrog dont really like to remove counters unless the hero is garbage, but bloodseeker is being played quite a bit now

Like, I too thought the 7.00 patch was BS so I won't say it's 100% fake, but it's definitely 99% fake

Hylian7

the dude that posted it on reddit said it was fake though

and look at things like these:

Fatal Bonds cooldown reduced from 140 to 100 - (?)

ORACLE:
Base damage increased by 15 - jesus

Bloodrite now mini-stuns any unit that it damages - Icefrog dont really like to remove counters unless the hero is garbage, but bloodseeker is being played quite a bit now

Like, I too thought the 7.00 patch was BS so I won't say it's 100% fake, but it's definitely 99% fake
If that Bloodseeker thing was true, that would be a reason to remove him from CM, lul

qazqaNii

If that Bloodseeker thing was true, that would be a reason to remove him from CM, lul

That bloodseeker ministun doesn't really sound like a big deal since u would still ignore it with bkb, and if there were heroes channelling their skill inside it they would get silenced and stopped anyways. The only thing that it would affect most would be tps but a tp takes 3 seconds and a perfectly timed bloodrite like instant cast would take 2.9 seconds to go off. Not sure if I am missing anything else but it would definately get stronger, thats for sure especially fighting inside that shit.

Hylian7

That bloodseeker ministun doesn't really sound like a big deal since u would still ignore it with bkb, and if there were heroes channelling their skill inside it they would get silenced and stopped anyways. The only thing that it would affect most be tps but a tp takes 3 seconds and a perfectly timed bloodrite like instant cast would take 2.9 seconds to go off. Not sure if I am missing anything else but it would definately get stronger, thats for sure.
Put the Bloodrite down before Rupture, boom, ez kills that you can't do anything about. This is before BKBs, as they hardly matter if he just wins the game before anyone can buy them. Bloodrite AoE is huge, so "just walk out" is also easier said than done.

Qvoth

looking at dotatv247, matu was using tiny, mid1 was ursa, now jerax playing bh
those are heroes that got buffed in that pastebin
too much of a coincidence imo
wtzgU.gif

qazqaNii

Put the Bloodrite down before Rupture, boom, ez kills that you can't do anything about. This is before BKBs, as they hardly matter if he just wins the game before anyone can buy them. Bloodrite AoE is huge, so "just walk out" is also easier said than done.

Hmm, maybe u are right, forgot if it was possible to tp after being silenced with bloodrite.

52club

The big thing for me is, this upcoming dota2 patch is the most tested dota2 patch of all time. Even the MK patch was on the private test client for just 2-3 weeks. So obviously there is an alpha testing phase (icefrog + friends) that we can't see, but on the steam client that we can see (valve + friends + family); every major patch has been there for at most ~4 weeks. Average 2-3 weeks.

This patch has been tested on that particular client for >8 weeks now. That's insane. That's why I think those leaks around TI are true (4chan + havost) with aghanim's giving every hero a new spell and many of the passive aghs moved into talents; also new talent tier added and talents rescaled to 9/13/17/21/25. Makes sense that something as monumental as this needs a fuck ton of testing.

I just can't see standard balance changes + new items requiring more testing (more than double) than 7.00 lol. Must be some major restructuring going on whether that's gameplay or map related. Or perhaps the design of the new heroes is very fluid idk. Not to mention there are some massive nerfs to some heroes that don't need nerfing (Clinkz) in those fake notes, where the guy seems to think they are a net buff.

Changes become exponentially more complicated to test as additional features are added/changed. IÂ’m shocked at the speed they are able to do any of this based on my experience in development.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Changes become exponentially more complicated to test as additional features are added/changed. I'm shocked at the speed they are able to do any of this based on my experience in development.

The thing is it isn't just 4 weeks of testing, or 8 weeks. The actual timeframe from development/alpha-testing to visible private testing to release is a good 4-6 months for major patches. There's a lengthy alpha that we can't see with icefrog + his friends (personal beta testers), and prior to that lots of research/data compilation -- I'm sure he's got a google doc of every possible change to a hero and ideas now. He outlined the process back on playdota as dota2 was getting started.

So for months a new patch is tested and we can't see, and then the private test client opens up to valve + friends + family and that's the 2-4 weeks average that we can see. This patch is the anomaly at 8+ weeks on that particular client (where we can see updates).

quality reddit 7.06 in a nutshell post:
OHVQrRr.png

pls icetoad, don't let this be the FIRST MAJOR OF THE SEASON PLS

One of the reasons I don't like to read those pastebins is that because, when the actual patch notes come out and I start playing the game, I start mixing the fake stuff with the real stuff. Something like "wait, wasn't this spell supposed to be pure damage now?" screwing with my head.

But I'm a fucking masochist and I'll do it anyway, fuck.

pls icetoad, don't let this be the FIRST MAJOR OF THE SEASON PLS

It might just be because i don't watch pro games outside of majors and TI but i don't mind seeing the green boys in my games.
Also, I just really like picking Lion!
thumbs_up.gif

There's definitely been worse FOTM heroes over the years.

Awesome, Thanks for the update! Played it for a while and it's pretty sweet. The moment the boss theme from Strange Journey kicks in is awesome. Really hoping we get a full version some day!

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
tf2 gets update

csgo gets update

warframe gets update

league gets update

overwatch gets update

hon gets update

hots gets update

swtor gets update

eso gets update

diablo3 gets update

weeb games get updates

dota2 gets... "about a month"
1x

Twookie

i'm sure the patch will be worth the wait... right?

if the patch doesn't have a phoenix buff then it's legit garbo lmao

Yazzees

when EA cancels an uncharted clone so gaming-side flips their shit at GaaS and ur sitting there with 3000 hours in dota like

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
A unit selection tooltip where the word 'priority' had a typo was fixed.
Fixed a missing comma in Beastmasters Primal Roar description.
Fixed an extra 's' in some tooltips related to Huskar, Broodmother
Fixed Chaos Knight Phantasm Aghanim tooltip where it reads Phantoms instead of Phantasm.
Added a space between MOVE and SPEED in Monkey King's tool tip modifier.
Fixed some capitalization issues with tooltips related to Riki, Pugna and other heroes.
Fixed the Starstorm no charges error reading Starfall instead of Star Storm.
Fixed Dagon 5 text reading "Upgradeable"
Fixed a missing 'r' on Mango's description.
Fixed a bunch of other missing punctuation marks across various tooltips.
Listed modifiers space now has a fixed with of 170px rather than 47% of the relative space as it was before.
hqdefault.png

JoeInky

Even arms is getting a new update today!

Though to be honest I'm glad there's no patch yet, my PC decided to pick today to completely shit itsself so I'd be missing out anyway.

Twookie

after the PGL Open minor, guys PogChamp

Actually, wouldnt it be fucking NICE if some valve employee took like 20-30s of their day to tweet «we expect to drop the dueling fates patch just after the weekend» or something like that

valve you IDIOTS

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
after the PGL Open minor, guys PogChamp

Actually, wouldnt it be fucking NICE if some valve employee took like 20-30s of their day to tweet «we expect to drop the dueling fates patch just after the weekend» or something like that

valve you IDIOTS

na see we at valve like to hire renaissance men and women to have all our bases covered, our devs gotta be artists/economists/psychologists/coders/developers in order to succeed

if you have any sort of communication skill or experience you need not apply

Top Bottom