• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 demo is now live for Xbox One and W10

Completely forced max settings 8xMSAA on 3440x1440 getting about 90-100 fps on the first race.
6600K 1080ti
Ooh, sounds good. Though I only have a 60hz 4K TV. But it sounds like 4K@60fps and 4xMSAA should be easy with my 1080ti and 7700k, maybe even 8xMSAA.
Anyone got HDR on the PC version? Looking forward to it hopefully working straight away as it did in the Destiny 2 Beta.

ghibli99

Just tried it a bit on PC (work rig is 4790 + 960), and I'll have to give it a shot at home. Had some serious asset streaming issues (track disappearing at the 'Ring, etc.), and recommended settings had it at 720p 30fps. LOL Will have to mess with it later, but from what I did play (Porsche and GT-R), it *feels* great... cars are nice and weighty, and the sound is insane.

Hexer06

All of you complaining about download speed - welcome to what I deal with daily, lol. Though I can see why it would suck when you're supposed to have higher speeds. My max speed is 12Mb/s. Yes, Mb not MB. Gonna be waiting about 8 hours to play this if it downloads right :/. As for you with Fiber speeds, I hate you. :p

demo crashes on Win10 every time I load it; doesn't even reach any loading screens. no idea how to fix. UWP is such a mess.

Is it crashing as soon as you boot? that usually only happens when you are offline, and don't have your current PC set as one of your 10 activated PCs.

Here's hoping the 3gb vram on my 780 Ti doesn't stop me from maxing everything at 1080p

Set it to high textures instead of Ultra, you don't need 4k textures for 1080p. You should be totally fine with 3gb.

LOL at that download speed! I wish. Windows Store is such a joke.

I'm getting between 100-130 mb/sec on Wifi right now, you sure it's not your connection hindering you?

Graphics settings (or at least model quality) seem a bit glitched.

Left is my own screenshot at fully maxed out settings on PC, right is the XB1X:
apSHsSB.png

Does Model Quality on FH3 go to Ultra? I seem to remember it being able to, but I can only go to High on FM7.

samred

Is it crashing as soon as you boot? that usually only happens when you are offline, and don't have your current PC set as one of your 10 activated PCs.

As soon as I boot. That made me double-check this PC being activated, and it very much is. Just booted FH3 on PC to confirm, then went back and tried FM7 Demo again. No dice.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Welp.

55b0c043facd94295d1d0992331df75f.png

Fresh Windows installation from last week.

Ugh, I guess I expected too much of Microsoft. I'll continue ignoring Windows Store until they fix this mess.
type winver in start. What version do you have. Creator's Update is 1703.

As soon as I boot. That made me double-check this PC being activated, and it very much is. Just booted FH3 on PC to confirm, then went back and tried FM7 Demo again. No dice.

Bummer man, hope that gets figured out.

Are your Nvidia drivers up to date? Other than that, or maybe sound driver issues, I can't really think of what the issue might be. I'll try to boot soon, only 7gb left, and really looking forward to trying it out finally.

kevin1025

Banned
Welp.

55b0c043facd94295d1d0992331df75f.png

Fresh Windows installation from last week.

Ugh, I guess I expected too much of Microsoft. I'll continue ignoring Windows Store until they fix this mess.

There's a way to refresh the Windows Store, I can't remember how. I used to get that problem when I tried to install Gears 4, it would only show the Xbox One install. Look it up on Google, it should be there somewhere. Once you do that, it'll show up!

samred

Bummer man, hope that gets figured out.

Are your Nvidia drivers up to date? Other than that, or maybe sound driver issues, I can't really think of what the issue might be. I'll try to boot soon, only 7gb left.

Yeah, everything is updated as all get-out. And no idea where any crash logs might be generated so that I could even begin investigating. Waiting for @xboxsupport to chime in.

zorbsie

Some quick pics from the Xbox One. There is no photomode so don't expect perfection. :) Overall I'm pleased with it. It does feel a step up from FM6.
2017-09-19_026mjjb.jpg

forzamotorsport7demo3rxks9.png

forzamotorsport7demo473j08.png

forzamotorsport7demoxwjv2.png

Klocker

xbox one version looks pretty damned good for console,

HDR is really well done here

feels like it drives about the same as F6 with some tweeks for realism

compared to 4k HDR on Gamersyde videos, I am impressed tbh (graphics wise)

X1X will be sweet... still feels like Forza

Bsigg12

Not yet, not until TVs support freesync 2 over HDMI. No harm in having the feature available for now, though.

VRR is part of the HDMI 2.1 spec so once that is finally ratified and TVs that support the feature set start coming out, we'll be able to use it. FreeSync 2 isn't required for VRR.

GHG

Gold Member
Downloading on Xbox. I just haven't had time to get my Windows 10 install sorted. I bought a new hard drive for it and everything.

DS4 doesn't work for me on PC (despite it being on the list). That's me out then I guess, not buying another controller just for one game.

Deepo

The HDR actually works on the Windows 10 version. I'm on the newest insider build, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Desktop is still dim, but the game picks up on the HDR and outputs properly. I think this is the first Windows 10 Store game to actually do this.

The store is bizarre. I've got Forza Horizon 3 installed and Forza Apex but Forza 7 demo doesn't show in the Xbox app as something you'd be interested in. I visit the store tab and nothing. Main page on the store nothing. I click on Forza deluxe and standard, nothing about the demo so I do the oldskool way of typing Forza 7 demo and up she pops.

I click it and just says you own it now. Nothing to say you need updates although I guessing I do at this point, the demo doesn't show anywhere on the xbox app, like an icon or something. I mean, I only updated last week. Fine. I get the latest update, still no joy, you need another creators update. FH3 is on my PC, how the fuck does this require absolutely every bit of the latest fluff MS has out there?

Also requires downloading an exe. Windows is reporting I'm all up to date.

The whole Xbox System is such crap on PC.

There is no way for me to capture a lossless screenshot is there? It doesn't allow you to utilize stuff like Bandicam

Game looks and runs beautifully on PC.

Running everything at max settings with 4x MSAA at 1440p on a 980ti and 4770k and getting rock solid 60fps

The rain / thunderstorms is crazy impressive as are the car reflections

D2KX

Neo Member
The whole Xbox System is such crap on PC.

There is no way for me to capture a lossless screenshot is there? It doesn't allow you to utilize stuff like Bandicam

I am still downloading, but this would be the first UWP game where just pressing "print" and CTRL+V in Paint wouldn't work.

Gave the demo some play time on my gtx 950 2GB and i5 6500, 16GB ddr4 and on a mix of medium and low it hits 1080 60 with rather good looking visuals 99% of the time, a little loading stutter on the first lap but that might go away after time.

Still messing with a few settings to see what I can get away with on high, so far car model detail and mirror reflections is on max settings and fine.

In a way it looks like apex at these settings but the improvements to the rain visuals and other small things make it a step ahead.

My only gameplay concern atm is how accelerated dry to wet tracks appear, in the nurb race it started raining and then was a fully wet track within 3 corners... it should take an entire lap at the minimum don't just throw it in peoples faces.

Top Bottom