• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, but that doesn't connect to the main series (well, until Diamond and Pearl teased the Aura stuff with Ash), I mean they come across a huge German-style castle in Kanto.

I'm only at Korrina, so I guess it gets better.

That's what I mean, and since that movie all of them (somehow) ties up to the series.

And yeah, XY is great. Hilariously enough I felt the Korrina six (or was it five?) eps kinda dragged.

What.
Pikachu's always raring to go, but Ash almost always benches him.
The last time he did anything was like Korrina.
He uses Froakie/Froagadier way too much, then Hawlucha.

Yeah this is right.

This is why sometimes I wonder why people always put Pikachu in Ash's say, "sweeping" team, since he has plenty of major fights where Pikachu wasn't used. iirc in his Gary and Paul fights Pikachu was a cheerleader.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Yeah this is right.

This is why sometimes I wonder why people always put Pikachu in Ash's say, "sweeping" team, since he has plenty of major fights where Pikachu wasn't used. iirc in his Gary and Paul fights Pikachu was a cheerleader.

Pikachu was used in Paul's fight he defeated his Froslass.

The one thing annoying me now is that I have ~70 Pokémon to get, but aside from legendaries have no idea how to get them and the game offers no hints as far as I can see
I counted and finding Leafeon in a random dungeon will get you quests for 6 more Pokemon. So that's about a tenth of your remaining mons locked behind that guy. You unfortunately might just have to grind dungeons on the Water continent until you find him. :/

EDIT: Yes Boss Doggie, it was Explorers. My excuse is that I'm getting old. >_>

JoeM86

I counted and finding Leafeon in a random dungeon will get you quests for 6 more Pokemon. So that's about a tenth of your remaining mons locked behind that guy. You unfortunately might just have to grind dungeons on the Water continent until you find him. :/

EDIT: Yes Boss Doggie, it was Explorers. My excuse is that I'm getting old. >_>

Yergh :(

Pelipper probably needs me to do more Pelipper Island stuff to connect. so that's another 1

Then just legends with ridiculously long and hard dungeons.

But still leaves me about 40 unfound.

Xenoboy

Does the game really have a really big soundtrack? Like I saw a video with over 8 hours worth of music for SPMD.
I assume it
it recycles previous games soundtrack, since you can visit those regions?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's what I mean, and since that movie all of them (somehow) ties up to the series.

And yeah, XY is great. Hilariously enough I felt the Korrina six (or was it five?) eps kinda dragged.

Yeah this is right.

Everything after Korrina is great.

Does the game really have a really big soundtrack? Like I saw a video with over 8 hours worth of music for SPMD.
I assume it
it recycles previous games soundtrack, since you can visit those regions?

Seem like so, there's
tracks listed.

Got the bloody thing. Now to hunt down more like Fletchinder, Psyduck etc.
Congrats!

Also, looking at the Pelipper's Island page and is there anywhere it says that you can rescue yourself? I can't seem to find that and I think that's an important detail to note.

EDIT: Just in case you aren't aware: When you die and choose to get rescued, the game automatically generates your own rescue mail and puts it in your mailbox. Then, when you go out to the dungeons and choose a mission you'll see your own mission right there.

JoeM86

Congrats!

Also, looking at the Pelipper's Island page and is there anywhere it says that you can rescue yourself? I can't seem to find that and I think that's an important detail to note.

EDIT: Just in case you aren't aware: When you die and choose to get rescued, the game automatically generates your own rescue mail and puts it in your mailbox. Then, when you go out to the dungeons and choose a mission you'll see your own mission right there.

Oh nice.

I managed to find Musharna randomly in a dungeon, but god this is frustrating. There are no hints and I have 58 Pokémon to go now ;;

Edit: Now to 51. This will be a long journey

Chase17

I think it will be interesting to see when it comes out. With Pokken coming out in spring and Super Mystery Dungeon coming February in EU we will have to see how they chose to space it out.

My crazy/off the wall prediction is that Z comes out the same day as Pokken some time between March-May. Pokémon day 2016 here we come!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I doubt they did it with 720 Pokemon, but is the unique species flavor text from the original games back?

You know, each Pokemon would say different stuff when they Level Up.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I agree with you Doggie, the Korrina/Lucario Arc was like two episodes too long...I imagine it was dull watching that live. It wasn't too bad, but like they could've cut down stuff and included the Mega Lucario vs. Mega Lucatio stuff in one episode and removed the filler on the way to the Mega Mawile Lady's house.

That Mirror Ash episode though...

Now I'm at the Summer Camp Arc which seems cool. You know, I usually don't get hit by nostalgia, but seeing the Kanto Starters being so cute got me.

Firestorm

I'm putting my money on a big mainline worldwide release in Q4 with announcement in Q1. 20th anniversary bb we doin it BIG with hella hype

Aren't Pokémon releases usually in November or March?

I mean I hope it's as soon as they possibly could release it cause I'm thirsty for another mainline game.

Black and White 2 released in June in Japan, and FRLG released in January and we've hand games released in September and December, so really there isn't a set time, they just come when they come.
I'm putting my money on a big mainline worldwide release in Q4 with announcement in Q1. 20th anniversary bb we doin it BIG with hella hype

I hope not, I really want Gen VI to end before NX launches.

JoeM86

I disagree. They wouldn't announce the Zygarde forms now with no pay off, gamewise, for a year. Latest we're getting it is June IMO.

Hey Joe got any crazy predictions for when we will get the next mainline games

Still thinking February tbh with a game reveal next month or November giving it the usual 4 months incubation period that enhanced/sequels have had the past two generations.

If we had continued on without any of the Zygarde stuff, I'd have been leaning towards what Firestorm was saying (but with later reveal), but the Zygarde forms have changed everything and have made me return to my original theory. They're not going to just let these sit for a year with no game release and they're certainly not going to have a 9 month buildup for an enhanced/sequel game.

JoeM86

What if it's already over O:

Without all the Pokémon officially revealed? With new forms just revealed and no game for it? With three moves currently unused? With an alternate form that's also currently unused?

Yeah, we're not done with this generation. Far from it.

JoeM86

Go to the dungeon(s) some Japanese players say they have found the Pokémon I'm missing in random encounters

Get nothing

Oh god :(

Edit: Though I did randomly get one in a random dungeon I chose, and that branched out to two, and then more and then more until I got 12 out of it.

So I decided to watch some old episodes of X and Y and it hit me that Bonnie isn't 10 years old yet. Max, May's little brother wasn't 10 years old either when he joined them.

My question is this...

If Kids as young as Bonnie and Max can simply tag alone with Ash and company, when the hell are they going to learn to read, write, or get some form of education?

JoeM86

Just 34 Pokémon left to get. This is so hard. Did some searching for some like Munchlax and Chansey, and people said they found it in Stone Field, but I'm getting nothing there despite having connection links to those Pokémon.

I'm so lost. If it's completely random, this is evil. There needs to be a hint.

Legendaries remaining for me: Azelf, Arceus, Kyogre, Groudon. Going to give three of those a shot this evening, but Arceus is up a 99 floor dungeon. Nuts to that

The rest: Surskit, Masquerain, Ariados, Ambipom, Kecleon, Snorlax, Garchomp, Unfezant, Female Unfezant, Pawniard, Munchlax, Zangoose, Escavalier, Scrafty, Male Wobbuffet, Shiftry, Bagon, Foongus, Numel, Doublade, Marshtomp, Simisear, Paras, Fletchinder, Aromatisse, Muk, Carnivine, Larvesta, Chansey, Reuniclus, Elgyem, Rotom, Mow Rotom, Wash Rotom

Just 34 Pokémon left to get. This is so hard. Did some searching for some like Munchlax and Chansey, and people said they found it in Stone Field, but I'm getting nothing there despite having connection links to those Pokémon.

I'm so lost. If it's completely random, this is evil. There needs to be a hint.

Legendaries remaining for me: Azelf, Arceus, Kyogre, Groudon. Going to give three of those a shot this evening, but Arceus is up a 99 floor dungeon. Nuts to that

The rest: Surskit, Masquerain, Ariados, Ambipom, Kecleon, Snorlax, Garchomp, Unfezant, Female Unfezant, Pawniard, Munchlax, Zangoose, Escavalier, Scrafty, Male Wobbuffet, Shiftry, Bagon, Foongus, Numel, Doublade, Marshtomp, Simisear, Paras, Fletchinder, Aromatisse, Muk, Carnivine, Larvesta, Chansey, Reuniclus, Elgyem, Rotom, Mow Rotom, Wash Rotom

Is it worth it?

I mean putting yourself threw this has earned my respect as a fellow gamer and I know you have a site to keep in top form.

So is it worth it? I love Pokémon as much as the next fanatic but I draw the line at up in the air random encounters with most likely low odd encounter rate.

JoeM86

Is it worth it?

I mean putting yourself threw this has earned my respect as a fellow gamer and I know you have a site to keep in top form.

So is it worth it? I love Pokémon as much as the next fanatic but I draw the line at up in the air random encounters with most likely low odd encounter rate.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.

It's bad enough I'm covering a Dungeon game, I may as well not half-arse it :p

All I remember about getting Munchlax is that I gave it an apple in some dungeon and it joined me. :X Wait wait... I think he also introduces you to Marshtomp but I'm not sure.

Hooray for RNG bullshit!

JoeM86

All I remember about getting Munchlax is that I gave it an apple in some dungeon and it joined me. :X Wait wait... I think he also introduces you to Marshtomp but I'm not sure.

Hooray for RNG bullshit!

Just going to continue going through random dungeons on Water Continent.

That's how I got Swinub and Psyduck, and then Psyduck opened me up to around 10 more Pokémon.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man Bulbpedia has some really stupid shit, like for instance Pokemon gender. They have crap like "Charizard could be a lesbian" or "Hawlucha can't be male because subs don't count" despite them using actual pronouns.

Top Bottom