• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maligna

Banned
TTE
If Ben really didn't want those snakes to join the party (sure seemed like he was against it),
he could have just made the threshold of success a natural 20 only. I mean you shouldn't be able to recruit any foe in the world simply by beating them by any margin on a charisma check.

One time as a GM I had a bunch of new, skeptical players. I started their first campaign with their characters all hanging upside down by ropes around their legs. I asked them how they would try to escape, one of them jokingly said he wanted to bend at the waist and snap the rope with one chomp of his teeth.

I told him to roll, he got a nat 20 (which was the only way I was going to allow that ridiculousness succeed) and his character bit though the rope in one bite. From that moment on, they were all in on D&D.

TTE
If Ben really didn't want those snakes to join the party (sure seemed like he was against it),
he could have just made the threshold of success a natural 20 only. I mean you shouldn't be able to recruit any foe in the world simply by beating them by any margin on a charisma check.

One time as a GM I had a bunch of new, skeptical players. I started their first campaign with their characters all hanging upside down by ropes around their legs. I asked them how they would try to escape, one of them jokingly said he wanted to bend at the waist and snap the rope with one chomp of his teeth.

I told him to roll, he got a nat 20 (which was the only way I was going to allow that ridiculousness succeed) and his character bit though the rope in one bite. From that moment on, they were all in on D&D.

I had no problem with Huber recruiting the snakes. My reaction was just based on how absurd it was. It'll be fun. I think people sometimes think I'm against the players, but I'm very much rooting for them in every instance.

Visceir

TTE

Forcing Huber to roll again hourly and having them go rogue if Huber failed the roll would have been kinda cool, making the checks he needed to pass lower each time. Powerful allies that can also be a huge liability.

Forcing Huber to roll again hourly and having them go rogue if Huber failed the roll would have been kinda cool, making the checks he needed to pass lower each time. Powerful allies that can also be a huge liability.

They are a huge liability. They'll be different than other companions recruited thus far. Stayed tuned!

These "best of EZA" videos are just a godsend. I imagine it would be a great kickstart a for the new audience. I know it's touchy stuff because it's produced outside the official workflow but the official EZA socials should repost them (maybe they already do?).
Giantbomb has a similar thing and it seems to have worked that in their schedule.

CyReN

These "best of EZA" videos are just a godsend. I imagine it would be a great kickstart a for the new audience. I know it's touchy stuff because it's produced outside the official workflow but the official EZA socials should repost them (maybe they already do?).
Giantbomb has a similar thing and it seems to have worked that in their schedule.

I know they got a shout-out a few months back on one of the EZA Podcast.

Love them too, I don't usually watch a lot of the livestreams so it's a great way to see snippets of them.

Maligna

Banned
I had no problem with Huber recruiting the snakes. My reaction was just based on how absurd it was. It'll be fun. I think people sometimes think I'm against the players, but I'm very much rooting for them in every instance.

Ah, ok. Must have misread you. It was pretty darn ridiculous, but hilarious as always. :)

abrack08

What the fuck is a "chim"?

I'll try to give a quick summary.

Before the Bethesda E3 conference, they were discussing a rumored game that takes place in the same universe as Elder Scrolls and Fallout, and they were all surprised that this meant that Elder Scrolls and Fallout are already in the same universe.

Kyle knew a little bit about this (but didn't know too many details) and he said that apparently all of the Elder Scrolls takes place inside a god's dream. Chat started saying "chim" and they misunderstood that to be the name of the god. Turns out, "chim" is actually the state of being aware that you're in a dream and makes you very powerful, not the name of the god. But it was too late, chat already latched onto a god named Chim and it became an immediately-ridiculously-overused twitch chat meme that they had to metaphorically seal into a vault to get chat to stop spamming after E3.

PepperedHam

They are so good. I'll always join in on the love for them when it happens in this thread. I've gotten to see so much more content than I could ever fit in, especially E3 stuff, because of farisr and his videos.

Tregard

Soothsayer
TTE

I love that Huber is rolling a character with a -1 to charisma yet seems to somehow have a 100% recruitment success rate, regardless of how ridiculous the situation.

G5YlaxA.jpg

Servbot24

Banned

Before the Bethesda E3 conference, they were discussing a rumored game that takes place in the same universe as Elder Scrolls and Fallout, and they were all surprised that this meant that Elder Scrolls and Fallout are already in the same universe.

Kyle knew a little bit about this (but didn't know too many details) and he said that apparently all of the Elder Scrolls takes place inside a god's dream. Chat started saying "chim" and they misunderstood that to be the name of the god. Turns out, "chim" is actually the state of being aware that you're in a dream and makes you very powerful, not the name of the god. But it was too late, chat already latched onto a god named Chim and it became an immediately-ridiculously-overused twitch chat meme that they had to metaphorically seal into a vault to get chat to stop spamming after E3.

This is about as harmless as Twitch chats get and yet it's still enough to make me never open it. :p

Thanks.

Can't say I'm disappointed in missing out on that.

I'd just like to thank the YouTube guy, Somegamenews (I know he posts in here but I forget his GAF name, sorry), for putting together those compilations. I missed a lot of their stuff during E3, these videos have been a delight.

El-Suave

The Wolfenstein prewview was pretty good, I just wish Bethesda had chosen material that was a bit more spoiler free. Even though you probably would have seen the story spoiler that's in here coming yourself it would have been nice to not have it confirmed. Other than that I was surprised how great that game looks, I assume they showed the PC version? That would be a nice info to include in these impressions, but I suspect it'll look great on console as well due to no last gen versions being needed this time.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Wanted to ask here and put Sundered into the EZA consciousness. It seems to be the follow up of Jotun(as in same devs). No idea how good(it at least looks gorgeous) it is but maybe if someone got time over there to check it out in some way would be neat.

Wanted to ask here and put Sundered into the EZA consciousness. It seems to be the follow up of Jotun(as in same devs). No idea how good(it at least looks gorgeous) it is but maybe if someone got time over there to check it out in some way would be neat.

It is being discussed on today's Frame Trap.

With the Patreon sitting at sub 44k at the end of the month, it seems like it's going to be a while until we get the next batch of episodes, which is a shame. Wondering how big the drop is going to be next week.

For me, at least, it also didn't help that show started pretty weak with the first two episodes being way too long about two nothing-trailers, which was weird coming right off E3. That could've easily been one episode. Not to mention that Trailer Score is such a better name for the show.

demu

With the Patreon sitting at sub 44k at the end of the month, it seems like it's going to be a while until we get the next batch of episodes, which is a shame. Wondering how big the drop is going to be next week.
But Trailer Jones is sponsored by Hoeg Law. It won't go anywhere as long as that's the case.

Budi

Bit surprised by the high scores in the latest Trailer Jones, I watched the trailer second time today at work when I showed it to my friend. And I actually said the exact thing that Blood said "I don't know what the conflict is". The trailer had some cool imagery, but I found it to be quite a mess, not very informative and the overload of references that I should expect from the movie by watching this trailer is off-putting. Also narration in the trailer reminds me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Ch6N8QT00 and it's not a good thing. The "holy grail of pop culture" made me roll my eyes too. It scores some points for using Rush atleast, the use of music was good overall. I'd give it a 6 at best. I'm bit curious about the movie, not because of the trailer but I kinda want to see what Spielberg will do with material like this.

So glad that this show is back, thanks Richard!

Bahorel

Jones likes Ready Player One?

Not sure I can take his opinions seriously anymore.

I hated the book too. I found it pretty insulting to both people who play games, and women in general for separate reasons.

The main character is OP, can play any game and master it in hours despite never having played it before, and is a piece of shit who has gems of lines like: "I was a legend, nay, a god." *shudder* And the whole thing is just a string of references thrown at you constantly like Family Guy. Remember this? And this? and this and this?

Naythan

The Wolfenstein prewview was pretty good, I just wish Bethesda had chosen material that was a bit more spoiler free. Even though you probably would have seen the story spoiler that's in here coming yourself it would have been nice to not have it confirmed. Other than that I was surprised how great that game looks, I assume they showed the PC version? That would be a nice info to include in these impressions, but I suspect it'll look great on console as well due to no last gen versions being needed this time.

Yeah about two minutes into the footage I closed the window. I've seen enough, I'm in.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Ready Player One was harmless fun, I enjoyed the book, but I likely wouldn't read it again.

I'll watch the film in all likelihood.

_Ryo_

Ben/Huber/Brad are gonna be hella hype that DQXI was now officially announced for west next year.

Btw, when is Easy Allies podcast up on Youtube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom