• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Reveleations coming to PS3/360?

Neff

awesome, I hope it's not just uprezzed. they probably made better assets already.

They'd have to change some things visually, a straight port will be difficult, but the game already looks very nice in HD as it is.

residentevilrevelations.jpg

residentevilrevelationsg.jpg

newscreenshotsfromresid.jpg

revelations412610.jpg

residentevilrevelationsu.jpg

News Bot

Banned
I hope they change the cutscenes to be real-time or they would look horrendous in HD

Not really to be honest. That's only if they used the videos straight from the 3DS version. If they went with the ones they used for the trailers (whether real-time or just HD videos), they'd look fantastic.

A bad game will always be a bad game.

Good thing REV isn't a bad game then, eh?

Shahed

Not sure if I'll bite. RE5 started to turn me away from the series, and RE6 only made it worse.

Still I'd rather play in on my PS3 than when I would have eventually got an XL

Well if AC : Liberation gets ported to HD Console then what would be your reaction ?

Depends on the person really. If someone bought a Vita for Liberation, than they'd be understandably annoyed. I bought my Vita for several other games as well so I wouldn't be bothered. in fact I'm yet to finish the game (barely started) so I wouldn't mind playing it with a smoother framerate and the removal of all the gimmicky stuff

But hey I'm not really a big fan of any 3rd party exclusives at all, unless it was down to technical limitations of other platforms or funded by either of the 3 manufacturers

Not really to be honest. That's only if they used the videos straight from the 3DS version. If they went with the ones they used for the trailers (whether real-time or just HD videos), they'd look fantastic.

I still want them to be real-time, for some reason all of the cutscenes being pre-rendered pissed me off on 3DS. Most of them could have been easily real-time.

HD-ifying it isn't going to fix the bland enemies, the awful Terragrigia sections or make it more scary. I suppose the weird framerate drops during the elevator load times could be fixed though. And I suppose they could do that chapter and character system from RE6 so I don't have to play as the dumbass duo. Or as Chris and Jessica.

EVOL 100%

Well if AC : Liberation gets ported to HD Console then what would be your reaction ?

Good. More people would be able to play it.

What's so terrible about porting it so a larger audience can play it? I don't care how many exclusives a faceless company holds when the costumer can benefit.

And if someone bought a console to play the game, well it was their choice. They'll still be able to play it and they got it earlier.

cvxfreak

The Chronicles HD port proves that Capcom has and is willing to make these necessary adjustments. CVX was probably just too old to give the same treatment.

...Exactly who benefits from this on the consumer or publisher side?

I agree.

My only issue with announced ports are when its the following:

1. It's of a big exclusive and is announced prior to its release ala RE4, thus killing sales potential.

2. I always prefer if a dev focuses on one platform for maximum performance and polish, so there's always a chance that a port would eat up/stretch resources, if you do it, start after the main version is done and out, Goldeneye Wii luckily did just that; Eurocom wanted to put their all into it and be 100% focused, so development of Reloaded started only after the Wii original was out, looks like it really benefited the game. :)

NiGHTS: JOD was another example, Iizuka said that they were able to push more out of the Wii since they were only developing just for it and not a bunch of different platforms at once ala Heroes and Shadow.

So now Revelations is a monster of a looker and is seemingly really well polished and has been out for over half a year, I see no harm in it being ported. :)

News Bot

Banned
HD-ifying it isn't going to fix the bland enemies, the awful Terragrigia sections or make it more scary. I suppose the weird framerate drops during the elevator load times could be fixed though. And I suppose they could do that chapter and character system from RE6 so I don't have to play as the dumbass duo. Or as Chris and Jessica.

The enemies were pretty great. The Ooze were a nice change from regular ass people and their designs worked well with the setting considering they're supposed to resemble drowned corpses. Being faceless aside from when they reveal their fucking lamprey eel tongues made them rather more menacing than someone running around like a headless chicken grunting in Spanish or Swahili.

I liked Revelations' single player campaign. Admittedly, the Terragrigia flashbacks were a bit of a drag, as were the Keith & Quint sections, but the sections focusing on the ship more than made up for it, in my opinion.

I liked Revelations' single player campaign. Admittedly, the Terragrigia flashbacks were a bit of a drag, as were the Keith & Quint sections, but the sections focusing on the ship more than made up for it, in my opinion.

Pretty much this. Everything on the ship was quite good. The Terragrigia/derp twins stuff was meh, but the rest of the game was creepy enough to make it worth it.

I agree.

My only issue with announced ports are when its the following:

1. It's of a big exclusive and is announced prior to its release ala RE4, thus killing sales potential.

2. I always prefer if a dev focuses on one platform for maximum performance and polish, so there's always a chance that a port would eat up/stretch resources, if you do it, start after the main version is done and out, Goldeneye Wii luckily did just that; Eurocom wanted to put their all into it and be 100% focused, so development of Reloaded started only after the Wii original was out, looks like it really benefited the game. :)

NiGHTS: JOD was another example, Iizuka said that they were able to push more out of the Wii since they were only developing just for it and not a bunch of different platforms at once ala Heroes and Shadow.

So now Revelations is a monster of a looker and is seemingly really well polished and has been out for over half a year, I see no harm in it being ported. :)

If Revelations came out on consoles first, I'd be pumped to hear it was getting a port to a portable, because portable versions give you added flexibility. So, the inverse is kind of true for me as well.

When a portable game > an HD console, I now have the option of playing it at home in on my expensive HDTV. I doubt I'll replay single player again on my 3DS copy even if this rumour isn't true, and I doubt I'll stop playing RAID mode on my 3DS any time soon even if it is, but I'd love to replay this game in HD on my 3DTV.

In 3D.

News Bot

Banned
Pretty much this. Everything on the ship was quite good. The Terragrigia/derp twins stuff was meh, but the rest of the game was creepy enough to make it worth it.

Quint and Keith had one great segment at the beginning of when they enter the airport. The music used and the general scenery were pretty good, though the characters themselves and the later action-fest were pretty annoying.

Chris and Jessica were okay. Short segments with spats of action but nothing too big.

Pranay

Different..how? I honestly don't get it. I guess more people would have reacted positively to similar news? Is that what you're trying to say?

Doubt it.

Users who bought a Vita for AC : L would had been pissed

The problem with these games genreally is that they were targeted as a system seller.

The reason i think why most are fine with this is -

1 - 3ds library is good on its own with nintendo titles
2 - Its not struggling like a Vita.
3 - It bombed

I dont care much about RER but i can understand why few people would be disappointed over this.

Mdk7

My favorite Resident Evil ever (yeah, i like it that much), i'd love if many more people could get the chance to play it.
Such an amazing experience all around, THAT is the way the Resident Evil saga should have gone (instead of Resident Evil 6 :p).

Also, people getting mad at this prospect needn't. I don't see anything about it coming to Vita/iOS, so it's still exclusive to handhelds right? Wouldn't be a big tragedy if not, it didn't sell very well, and the more it gets popularity, the bigger a chance of Revelations 2, right?

One other issue with ports that I think everyone who bought the original version hates is; added content that really adds to the game.

Most don't want to double dip for more content unless they have the money and/or are diehard fans and won't let fees get in their way to play it, most though don't have that mindset.

Like new maps, weapons, etc.

Stuff you wouldn't be disappointed about could include extra minor options, and don't bother with any additional cutscenes because www.youtube.com :p

EVOL 100%

Doubt it.

Users who bought a Vita for AC : L would had been pissed

The problem with these games genreally is that they were targeted as a system seller.

The reason i think why most are fine with this is -

1 - 3ds library is good on its own with nintendo titles
2 - Its not struggling like a Vita.
3 - It bombed

I dont care much about RER but i can understand why few people would be disappointed over this.

See my post above. In the end it was their choice, they got the game earlier and they're still able to play it. I guess it's understandable to see why someone would feel cheated but actually bemoaning the fact that a larger audience would be able to play a game feels pretty damn selfish to me.

I dunno, I bought my PS3 solely for Dark Souls and when it was announced that it was going to be ported to the PC barely a month later I didn't really care. If anything, I was happy. Buying a game solely for one game is pretty stupid anyways.

NinjaBoiX

I bet it wont have a Platinum trophy.
Do you honestly, truly care Wario? You always mention about trophies, so much so, that I'm not sure if it's a joke or not. I remember you saying you were thoroughly enjoying Valkyria Chronicles but stopped when you found out it didn't have trophies.

I mean, it's a nice little bonus, but I wouldn't base my purchasing decisions on it.

Pranay

See my post above. In the end it was their choice, they got the game earlier and they're still able to play it. I guess it's understandable to see why someone would feel cheated but actually bemoaning the fact that a larger audience would be able to play a game feels pretty damn selfish to me.

I dunno, I bought my PS3 solely for Dark Souls and when it was announced that it was going to be ported to the PC barely a month later I didn't really care. If anything, I was happy. Buying a game solely for one game is pretty stupid anyways.

Fair enough.

The enemies were pretty great. The Ooze were a nice change from regular ass people and their designs worked well with the setting considering they're supposed to resemble drowned corpses. Being faceless aside from when they reveal their fucking lamprey eel tongues made them rather more menacing than someone running around like a headless chicken grunting in Spanish or Swahili.
Nah, they're pretty lame. They don't react well to anything you do. They're quite boring, and being really grey doesn't help. They don't look like drowned corpses at all. If we're going to talk about headless chickens, let's talk about how stupid Rebecca looks when she runs around all over the place.

The Ganado and and Majini felt far more threatening with their numbers and them communicating with each other to coordinate attacks against you. And they reacted well to your attacks.

cvxfreak

I really hope there's a Wii U version with save files compatible with the 3DS version.

Capcom themselves have set this precedent, so let's hope they continue doing so.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Now port Ace Attorney 5 to the OG DS, Capcom and localize AAI2 for the OG DS and maybe I'll buy your games.

I really don't need a 3DS. :/

In any case, if this news is true: Count me as one of the potential buyers. Considering it's more Biohazard than Biohazard 6, I'm definitely on board to play it.

daakusedo

I really hope there's a Wii U version with save files compatible with the 3DS version.

Capcom themselves have set this precedent, so let's hope they continue doing so.

Wiiu version would be also good for keeping the touchscreen items managment, especially useful for changing the secondary weapons like grenade while shooting or moving coupled with gyroscope aiming. That's one of the good thing I remember, being able to multitask like that while facing lot of monsters in raid mode.

But like the mighty switch force port, I don't feel the need to buy it again.

Neiteio

Assignment Jessica!!1 Let's do this Capgod!

I hope it sells well, I need a sequel! Revelations 2 for the 3DS and HD Ver months later.

I love it.
Assignment Jessica? YES PLEASE. Also, I like your idea of Revelations 2 on 3DS and then HD on console months later.

I only bought the 3DS for Relevations. I hope it's not true...
Don't be selfish, dude. 3DS owners like you and me got to play it early, now we should be happy that others will get to try it too. Not everyone has the means or inclination to pick up a 3DS. This HD port is good news all around, if true.

Top Bottom