• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm Remaster Is Full Price (50$) Game...

Vimes

I want a sequel to Bulletstorm quite badly, so watching the game be set up for failure AGAIN is infuriating.

What are PCF doing clowning around with these losers?

Zakalwe

Banned
Threads like this always remind me just how goddamn cheap we are as gamers!

What?

That's a lot of money for a game that isn't offering a hell of a lot over the original 6 year old title.

Nothing cheap about not agreeing with the price.

prwxv3

Just wait until the price drops. It's not that hard. If you think the price is bad it's only going to hurt Gearbox not you (unless you have no self control and buy it at full price)

Okay, I just saw it listed on the PS Store for $79.99 CAD (minus the current, but limited time 15% discount). That's just ridiculous.

As I said, I'm excited to play it in remastered form because it was a fun game, but I'll only play through this once more and then shelf it if I buy it. So I'm not paying $90. I'll just rent it.

Realeza

Banned
Are they out of their mind? Bulletstorm was fun, but not every fucking game needs a remaster. And for $50? WTF? The original game was on the bargain bins for $10 the year it came out.

Are they out of their mind? Bulletstorm was fun, but not every fucking game needs a remaster. And for $50? WTF? The original game was on the bargain bins for $10 the year it came out.

It's $60 normally, right? Just 15% off for a limited time.

The normal $79.99 price tag was crossed off here in Canada, with a sale price underneath.

If you've never played it and want to, and want it remastered, its fine if you want to pay $50 for this. Games don't age like milk. What was great fun then can still be great fun now.

But that price isn't going to do the game any favors. So much so that it should be easy to get at a hefty discount soon enough afterwards.

So wait, a vocal minority of Bulletstorm fans complain relentlessly that the game should get another chance.

The big heartless AAA corporation does the incredible and gives the game another chance at attaining success.

But it will cost $50 so the fans lose their shit.

If the game is so good, why should it need a price cut? If you wanted it to have a legit second chance then shouldn't it be able to stand against the best in AAA these days? No, of course that's abusrd. Face it, Bulletstorm was a budget title at best when it was new and has been ever since. No one would buy it unless it was $3.99 on Steam and that's probably the best measure of its true worth. And FYI, yes I beat the game and it was just your average dude bro 6th gen FPS experience.

Eat crow.

XOXO

-Randy

So wait, a vocal minority of Bulletstorm fans complain relentlessly that the game should get another chance.

The big heartless AAA corporation does the incredible and gives the game another chance at attaining success.

But it will cost $50 so the fans lose their shit.

If the game is so good, why should it need a price cut? If you wanted it to have a legit second chance then shouldn't it be able to stand against the best in AAA these days? No, of course that's abusrd. Face it, Bulletstorm was a budget title at best when it was new and has been ever since. No one would buy it unless it was $3.99 on Steam and that's probably the best measure of its true worth. And FYI, yes I beat the game and it was just your average dude bro 6th gen FPS experience.

Eat crow.

XOXO

-Randy

It just doesn't feel right. It's not a long game, nor is it a big game. Darksiders was better and released at $20 in remastered form (what a STEAL).

I'm not saying Bulletstorm Full Clip needs to be $20. But $79.99 CAD is way too much. $44.99, $49.99...that feels more fair.

Kevin

Yeah this price is ridiculous for sure. Should have been $20-30 max. I hope the remastered content is more awesome then we are expecting.

Did they even show any footage if this or dud they just go an announce a ridiculous price without even bothering with a trailer?

Aaron

As someone who has beaten the original version, it should be $20. The campaign is both short and somehow manages to overstay its welcome. You'll exhaust all the kill trick possiblities about two thirds in, and both the story and characters are pretty much shit. It needs the swearing since everything else is a sci-fi cliche, but the world is neat. You might get an hour out of the online since it's simple and barebones.

R1CHO

I liked the game a lot, but it looks like a pretty barebones upgrade to me, if at least it was running on the new unreal with some flashy fresh graphics :/

Neuro

So the game is at $25 right now on my PSN store, is it worth picking this up again (i have played the original) or should I try my hand at NiOh/Nier Automata

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So the game is at $25 right now on my PSN store, is it worth picking this up again (i have played the original) or should I try my hand at NiOh/Nier Automata

Remaster is supposed to decent (and runs at 60fps) but unless you're desperate to play it right now surely play either Nioh or Nier Automata now and by the time you get back to Bulletstorm it'll be even cheaper ? (like the black friday/xmas sales)

For UK posse, I saw it going for £12 the other day in GAME.

I loved the original Bulletstorm, but you'd have to pay me to play it considering Gearbox is all over this publishing wise.

Top Bottom