• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm Remaster Is Full Price (50$) Game...

NeoRaider

But why??
I honestly don't get it. It's a remastered version of 6 years old game with no major new content. (One character and few maps if i am not wrong).

In years when most developers are giving Remasters for free to owners of the original versions, and pricing them no higher than 30$ Gearbox Software decides to price Bulletstorm 50$. That's how much brand new or few weeks "old" AAA games cost today.

Your opinion? I am personally not supporting and buying this.

Krooner

Good luck selling any. It didn't sell the first time 'round. It's not like there's noting else to play. I'll double dip (I enjoyed it the first time) but I'll wait until it's sub £20.

Does this really need it's own thread though?

Alexious

I haven't played it so I most likely will get it.

By the way, it's 39€ on Steam with the pre-order discount.

jediyoshi

Z6swlKb.png

Enough truthiness for you today, OP

Tizoc

How much were DmC DE and DMC4SE when they released on PS4?
I mean people are expecting $40-$50 for ports of games coming to Switch.

BTW, Skyrim on PS4 costs $60 base IIRC.

Card Boy

Banned
As we were developing Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition, we wanted to provide the ultimate Bulletstorm experience for fans.
  • No free upgrade to existing owners stuck with a shitty GFWL version
  • No loyalty discount to existing owners
The devs are truly providing the fans with the ultimate experience guys.

kadotsu

Banned
All games without a long DLC/Consumable tail are launching at a high price. The digital market is very sale focused and a game with a $50 list price that is 80% off looks better than a $20 list price with 50% off. The rubes that buy at full price are just a bonus.

Meanwhile, Darksiders Warmastered is launching at $20 base price with an 80% off discount for everyone, and I believe it's a free upgrade for owners of the original?

jesu

Last time around it bombed and I got it for a fiver after not too long.
Enjoyed it too.
I'll wait till it's about a tenner this time.

Shaneus

Bioshock was a free upgrade for PC users. So is Darksiders.

Depends on what level this is a "remaster".

There really isn't going to be a discount for current owners? I'm not bent out of shape for no free upgrade, but it's pretty absurd that for $50 there isn't SOMETHING for people who have it currently.

I got it for 5 or 10 bucks originally and enjoyed it a great deal, but not enough to spend 50 bucks to revisit it.

DmC DE was £35 on the PSN store, but around £20-£25 in shops at launch, and DMC4SE was £19.99 at launch.

I always wonder if publishers regret dropping their original releases to pennies when they want to then come out and charge full whack for a remaster.

PC version is especially odd. Far as I can tell, reading the Steam store page, it's the exact same game, just with all DLC included. And it doesn't detail what that DLC is, at all.
Bulletstorm: Full Clip edition is the definitive Bulletstorm experience that includes all existing Bulletstorm add-ons, plus brand-new content exclusive to Full Clip!
Is all it says. The purposeful lack of information is making me cranky.

Oh, they've seemingly patched out GFWL. That's nice of Gearbox to only bother removing GFWL for this new expensive edition.
I guess it's not out until April, so maybe they have time to rectify that.
Or the original was published by EA, so perhaps they can't do anything about that? Unless People Can Fly owns the whole thing? I don't know how the rights for this series works.

pswii60

The original completely and utterly bombed, so it would have made more sense to go digital only at around $20 - it would have been a hit on that basis I'm sure.

Retail and $50 seems crazy based on how even the original didn't sell, and there's so much more competition in early 2017 than it ever had in 2011.

-shadow-

Probably thought that if Nintendo could get away with a full priced remaster twice he could give it a shot also. Kind of surprised actually, seems like a weird choice.

LordRaptor

Its a really good game.

It's also very short to finish the campaign mode, and the replayability mode is a score attack similar to The Club.

The Club also did not sell well at all.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Enough truthiness for you today, OP

Except Beth gave that "upgrade" for free to previous owners (granted, with the DLC so it's similar to the GotY give-away CDProjectRed did with the Witcher 3 on GoG). Bulletstorm isn't doing that.

Shredderi

Wait what? I was really down for this since it was one of the most fun FPS games of last gen, but at that price I'm nowhere near down for it.

jediyoshi

Except Beth gave that "upgrade" for free to previous owners (granted, with the DLC so it's similar to the GotY give-away CDProjectRed did with the Witcher 3 on GoG). Bulletstorm isn't doing that.

In years when most developers are giving Remasters for free to owners of the original versions, and pricing them no higher than 30$

I'm making this comment in regard to one of these two points specifically. Guess which!

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Threads like this always remind me just how goddamn cheap we are as gamers!

Well said. It's one of the best and funniest shooters of the past gen and it's a fucking disgrace that it bombed this hard.

NeoGAF, a place where we love games but don't want to pay for them.

Really hope it does well. Gonna buy it on PS4 if nothing else is released in April.

Threads like this always remind me just how goddamn cheap we are as gamers!

Because we're not willing to pay $50 for a 6 year old game? okay
Those $50 can buy you so much enterntainment that will last you for literally months

It's not being cheap, it's being smart. This game isn't some special snowflake that deserves special treatment

NeoGAF, a place where we love games but don't want to pay for them.

People pay a lot of money for a lot of games. Unless you buy every game ever, you're not any better than the people who don't buy this one

danowat

Banned
Because we're not willing to pay $50 for a 6 year old game? okay
Those $50 can buy you so much enterntainment that will last you for literally months

It's not being cheap, it's being smart. This game isn't some special snowflake that deserves special treatment

We're ravenous consumers of products, and we want those products at cut prices.

It's not a specific indictment of the Bulletstorm remaster, but more a general feeling I get, I am as guilty as the next man, I have to bring myself back to the days of paying £70 for SNES games to realise just how good value many of the releases are today.

Top Bottom