• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Nyrad

Not this weekend satan....

I took my gains from this pop back and timed it pretty well earlier, and pulled everything except my Monero so far (even my ARK when it was at $4.17 earlier) and put it into USDT just about a few hours ago. I'm expecting the weekend dip, Im going to hold this money in basically a tether to the dollar and give myself a chance to buy everything lower. ARK is already down to $3.85 on Bittrex and even BTC is down from the $3800+ peak where about I sold. Im not planning on changing my percentages into ARK and BTC, Im just not interested in eating the normal dips, so I cashed out higher and will hope to see stuff dip a bit over the next day or so, and Ill re-buy the same coins but slightly lower and end up with more of it.

I'm curious - did that plan work? I'm thinking of doing the same the next few weekends.. :)

pieface

Any American want to do make a quick $10?

If someone could purchase me a $5 Xbox Gift Card, i'll happily send 5 ARK to you.

PM me if interested :D

EDIT: Sorted now. Thanks to everyone kind enough to offer. Really appreciated!

gaming_noob

I don't know if this is sad but I rank 100 in the XBY rich list. Just made the cut. I sold all of my other coins on the weekend because it was getting stressful checking the market with multiple coins. With XBY I know this is a long term thing (they don't even have their website ready yet!) and now I can just focus on other things while crossing my fingers for some profits next year.

DonMigs85

I don't know if this is sad but I rank 100 in the XBY rich list. Just made the cut. I sold all of my other coins on the weekend because it was getting stressful checking the market with multiple coins. With XBY I know this is a long term thing (they don't even have their website ready yet!) and now I can just focus on other things while crossing my fingers for some profits next year.
I wonder just how far ahead of DGB it can get one day. Looking into XVG as well

Cipherr

I'm curious - did that plan work? I'm thinking of doing the same the next few weekends.. :)

Yep. I sold my BTC at $3847 on 9/15 into USDT. And bought it back on 9/17 down lower at $3493, for Etherium I sold off Friday at $264 into USDT and bought back 9/17 down lower at $243. Granted at the time that BTC was at $3847 and ETH were at $264 I was up overall so it was easy to say "Here is good" and jump into USDT and wait for the weekend drop. This weekend it might be below that by quite a bit. I haven't decided if I want to do it again. But I made good on last weekends drops.

Nothing to scream about but ~8% or ~9% give or take on those two.

The Rizza

ARK’s price going down due to atomic swaps? Are people starting to believe that smart bridge is becoming not as useful if there are atomic swaps for more and more coins?

EDIT: NVM, I see everything’s going down right now, not just ARK. I do wonder if that’s on some people’s minds though

DrM

Redmond's Baby
ARK’s price going down due to atomic swaps? Are people starting to believe that smart bridge is becoming not as useful if there are atomic swaps for more and more coins?

EDIT: NVM, I see everything’s going down right now, not just ARK. I do wonder if that’s on some people’s minds though

Ark is in accumulation phase..it will go up, do not worry ;)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Not worried! I’m in it for the long haul, especially with ARK. Just curious as to why it’s going down at the moment.

Nothing specific about ARK, or any coin. Just a general downward trend. We've had so many of those lately.

hwateber

Hahah, holy shit Siacoin had a flash dump all the way down to 100 satoshis on bittrex. Nothing in my portfolio makes me as sad as this coin ._.

pieface

Got a feeling this could be the start of the bear market for the BTC fork in November. Been a bit of coverage of it in the news and on the internet lately. Could be a tough couple of months imo

Cipherr

Hahah, holy shit Siacoin had a flash dump all the way down to 100 satoshis on bittrex. Nothing in my portfolio makes me as sad as this coin ._.

Looking at the orderbook, they have locked trades on Sia for now (smart). But wow man, Sia was being pushed by people a month or two ago as a promising coin and now I look at its movement and its done nothing but decrease seemingly since then.

Sulik2

Got a feeling this could be the start of the bear market for the BTC fork in November. Been a bit of coverage of it in the news and on the internet lately. Could be a tough couple of months imo

The last crash involving the Chinese news makes sense. I still think this is a weird decline to not have something fueling it. The hardfork doesn't really make much sense to me to be the issue still so far out.

pieface

The last crash involving the Chinese news makes sense. I still think this is a weird decline to not have something fueling it. The hardfork doesn't really make much sense to me to be the issue still so far out.

From memory the decline for the fork in August started in June/July.... will check CMC

Hisoka

Oct 6th? 👌

Given the current "situation" I'm all for that. Good time for people to accumulate or get in imo.

I actually sold as of these news. Still had a win so.. nice. 6th of oct is too far away. Invested in other coins now that may have an announcement soon or something similar before BAT. May get back into BAT later.. well maybe. Want to ride the rebranding wave of LSK too.

Brandson

Picked up a decent increase in my eth stack through trading today. Sold at $283, rebought at $250. We'll see if that continues to be a good decision. BTC still in an overall downtrend.

Picked up a decent increase in my eth stack through trading today. Sold at $283, rebought at $250. We'll see if that continues to be a good decision. BTC still in an overall downtrend.

The way some of these charts are looking, I see some $2500 BTC possibly. That will really bring everything down if we get to the $2-$2500 range.

Some dude saying OMG could hit $35 or more next month

I doubt it, that would be scary NEO levels of a spike. Let's hope this weekend we can get to the $6.50 range again as some are predicting with this downward trend. Load up and if we can get back to $15 or even $18 range in a month would be awesome.

SomTervo

I went to ARK's website and didn't really understand what was going at all. Can anyone explain?

Also to reiterate my Q from a few pages back: I'll be investing at least a few hundred bucks into cryptos in December when I get a couple of lump sums - any tips?

I've got my CoinBase account ready and I think I'll split across the three available there pretty much evenly. Tempted to put a slightly higher amount in BTC or ETH.

Cipherr

I went to ARK's website and didn't really understand what was going at all. Can anyone explain?

Also to reiterate my Q from a few pages back: I'll be investing at least a few hundred bucks into cryptos in December when I get a couple of lump sums - any tips?

I've got my CoinBase account ready and I think I'll split across the three available there pretty much evenly. Tempted to put a slightly higher amount in BTC or ETH.

The only real tips is to perhaps get that money in as fast as you can and sit a while. Wait for a big dip. We are in a decent sized one now, but there could be a bigger one looming. A lot of free money is made by buying at the bottom of dips when everything is red and people are panicking, because the recovery is just "free" money.

As for ARK's website, its probably hard to parse the projects value if you are new to Crypto. If you don't know the basics try some videos on YT about Crypto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51aJ9PAohZU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIqfPOdh63U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI2eYIcvV5s

Honestly though, the well is so deep, that if you happen to be new, its going to take a few weeks to understand why stuff like Decentralized exchanges are so immensely desired. I would also start looking at coins on exchanges other than Coinbase. Coinbase only carries 3 coins. Take a look at https://www.bittrex.com/Home/Markets and scroll through the pages under Bitcoin markets to see the hundreds of ticker symbols/Coins. You can pick a ticker symbol like "OMG" out of that list and get more info and pricing history by going to: https://coinmarketcap.com/ and putting the Ticker symbol OMG in the search box. It will give you a graph of the pricing history, a link to the company's website so you can see what they are about, and sometimes a link to the announcement thread where the company announced the project on a discussion board and detailed what they want to do and how they will achieve it.

From there just look around and find projects you believe in. You might find that you prefer to put investments in some other companies if you are sure of their potential.

(I wrote this considering you were VERY new to crypto. I apologize if this is all old news to you.)

Drifters

So.... the $SC sell off was a net result of the Chinese exchanges shutting down and whales basically dumping their shit faster than the taco bell could come out.

I find it interesting since the overall $SC community now seems to be in disarray as the team is continuing to build the product, the coin doesn't really have a great road head due to their market cap being large and lastly, the tech really is deep see fishing for a partnership or to be bought out by Microsoft, Google /Amazon.

If you are HODL on $SC, godspeed but boy it seems like we won't get anything out of that coin for another year or two.

We all need to remember the words of Buffet in times of a dip:

"The stock market Bitcoin is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient."

hwateber

So.... the $SC sell off was a net result of the Chinese exchanges shutting down and whales basically dumping their shit faster than the taco bell could come out.

I find it interesting since the overall $SC community now seems to be in disarray as the team is continuing to build the product, the coin doesn't really have a great road head due to their market cap being large and lastly, the tech really is deep see fishing for a partnership or to be bought out by Microsoft, Google /Amazon.

If you are HODL on $SC, godspeed but boy it seems like we won't get anything out of that coin for another year or two.

Yep, not too bullish on $SC at the present. Lots of FUD gets spread around and there's really not much community management to clear things up. For now it's just a day trading coin for me, but ironically I think the presence of chinese whales on this coin were what made it so much easier to swing trade in the first place. We'll just have to see!

Also, wtf is going on with GAS today? Pretty random pump

We all need to remember the words of Buffet in times of a dip:

"The stock market Bitcoin is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient."

There are two constants here:

- FUD will keep happening for some reason or another

- During these times the market will underestimate the resiliency of Bitcoin

pieface

306699bb-d819-4693-bef0-b5ac8ec99157.png

Rough TA I just did. Got to be make or break for ARK pretty soon.

Top Bottom