• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alta1r

I was talking about their talent lmao Achievement is like how many awards they got or what records they broke

EDIT: I'm on mobile I can't post videos atm

Everybody SM is promoting right now sells enough albums/seats to justify that investment. Which means either CSJH doesn't, or everybody SM is promoting more has a better return on that investment. You gotta translate talent into achievement.

Salazar

fUDHQ.gif
kDZDz.gif

I imagine some of those fans just know what terminal to chill at.

2San

Close enough, anyone besides SM, the leaders of the Kpop Industrial Complex. SM is like the Third Reich of Kpop. Which brings me to another point.
Really? K-pop is pretty much defined by the big 3: SM, YG, JYPE. I think you are really overestimating SM.

Alta1r

Also, it seemed like Fany and Sica's story about how they were "discovered" was paper thin and full of plot holes. Take Fany's parents for example. What Asian parents do you know who would let their 15 year old daughter STOP HER STUDIES and go all the way to Korea where she knows no one. That makes no sense. She claims she cried and convinced them. Yeah right.

Sica's story is just as unbelievable. She said she was just walking around a Mall in Korea and some guy came up to her and that she didn't even know she could sing before that moment. That makes no sense. From everything I've read, these Idol tryouts are cutthroat and intense. You don't just get picked up off the street. And she even said she cried at the audition.

Lol. Yeah, I don't really believe the Fany story either. Fany's a pretty good singer and decent dancer but it's not like the parents were sitting there thinking they had a prodigy on their hands. So by letting her go, they're betting her future on the minuscule chance that she'll make it through tryouts, debut with a band AND that band will be more than marginally successful. All of which are low probabilities. And on top of that sending her across the world to a foreign (to Fany) country where she doesn't know anybody and has trouble speaking the language? At age 15? I don't care what assurances SM gave her parents, that's just not happening.

Sica's is a bit more believable. But I think, like questionmark said, she just used her sister's story for that interview.

Hmm, I think I currently know all that I need to know in order to seduce Yuri when the time comes.

LOL, I'd love to see what you come up with with "love" "banana" "lips" "moist" and "here" although I have a pretty good idea what it would be.

This was awesome. I had no idea this happened.

Peru

Tiffany attended and won an SM casting contest in LA, 2004, and then moved to Korea. Tiffany's mom died when she was in middle school.

Fafnir

Ah. Was that a chance to train and audition? Or was she guaranteed a spot and debut with some group at some point in the future?

Pretty sure it's only a guarantee to train at SM, if she was a flop they would have sent her back home. I kind of think of Fany being a spoiled "daddy's princess" with some issues of having her mom passing away so her dad kind of gave in and let her have her way.

Full set of Mr. Taxi concept pics. Exposure set to maximum! Just the way Taengoo likes it.

eu2GF.jpg

671MF.jpg

wqae2.jpg
XjkBt.jpg

ZXGc2.jpg
TonTT.jpg

ptsyF.jpg
PQugK.jpg

H3OYU.jpg
wAub8.jpg

u0K86.jpg
TwjKe.jpg

1sCc8.jpg
JmWdv.jpg

5bTKV.jpg
XVZ4e.jpg

Lf25Z.jpg
ROH2l.jpg

let6n.jpg
54X8k.jpg

Alta1r

holy shit... those mr taxi pics. YOONA SO FINE
So tempted to use Yoona as an avatar.. damn >_<

Awww yeeeaaahhhh, do it!

Pretty sure it's only a guarantee to train at SM, if she was a flop they would have sent her back home. I kind of think of Fany being a spoiled "daddy's princess" with some issues of having her mom passing away so her dad kind of gave in and let her have her way.

Full set of Mr. Taxi concept pics.

Damn, if I was her dad at a time like that I'd be even more motivated to keep my family closer. But I guess I could see him also being in grief and overwhelmed with raising a traumatized, hormonal teenage girl as a single dad and acquiescing to this. Good for her that she made it after going through that though.

And damn, the new Mr. Taxi concept is hot. That exposure made it hard to recognize Fany at first though.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I have a big announcement..

Alta1r learned how to use the "Edit" button.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

oc

peanutbutterchocolate

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You can just tell how much more confident they've become in that I Don't Know performance
They're seriously getting better and better and they are soooo great on their shows. Such an amazing debut year. With the great new songs on their second mini they have passed Secret & OC in my books, now challenging miss A, but that's a tough battle.

lol @ MCD not afraid to go for the blatant ass shot

Edit:
Seohyun is starting to work her way towards the #1 spot.....she just keeps getting hotter and hotter.
She will never pass Taeyeon. It's obvious that Taeyeon went into some sort of Idol Super Saiyan mode for The Boys. She is completely unchallenged.

vanty

I guess that's after he just learned about 'lol' the other day. Now he's either trolling or only half understands what it means ahah.

Ashhong

I mean, its used correctly. I just find it funny how Koreans love to take English words and write it out in Hangul, even when its not a word, but an acronym lol

ramyeon

ahah https://twitter.com/#!/garie5882/status/144802337876213760

Never really got the "Gary looks ultra common lololol" thing before, but now I do guess there are a lot of Asian dudes who look just like him.

He really does look common lol. I've got at least a few friends who look kind of similar. Not nearly as funny as him though.

EDIT: Oh man, Taeyeon in Mr Taxi. If it wasn't Christmas soon I'd have a hard time keeping this avatar. So tempting. After Christmas, I guess.

Kyon

Banned
I haven't been honest with you guys, I have to tell you the secret i've been hiding the past few weeks....

Hyo is my new Kween Ya'll. Alta1r am cry. Sorry Yoong it's been 4 years and 4 months girl Im in love with someone else.

tumblr_lv9mh2qW1i1qjr9rfo2_250.gif

i still love YoonA, Alta1r i didn't abandon you buddy :(

Peru

Idol groups such as INFINITE, B2ST, T-ARA, SISTAR, Brown Eyed Girls, and more participated in the poll and the idols themselves picked who they feel to be the top 10 sexiest idols in the industry. The nominees included the likes of original sexy icons G.NA, 2PM‘s Taecyeon, and Big Bang‘s T.O.P as well as f(x)‘s Krystal, INFINITE‘s Hoya, and SHINee‘s Jonghyun.

4minute‘s HyunA received an overwhelming number of votes, securing her title as the sexiest female idol in the industry. She not only received the votes of her label mates including B2ST‘s Yong Jun Hyung, Yoon Doojoon and 4minute’s Jiyoon, but she was also acknowledged by the members of After School, INFINITE, FT Island, and more.

SISTAR’s Hyorin praised HyunA saying, “Mature and sexy for her age,” and INFINITE’s Sungjong added, “She has an intensely captivating stare.”

Sungjong knows what the fucc is up.

Sorry Tiffany...it's only temporary, I promise!

Jess is definitely worthy of being a replacement for a Fany avatar.

She will never pass Taeyeon. It's obvious that Taeyeon went into some sort of Idol Super Saiyan mode for The Boys. She is completely unchallenged.

I noticed this too, when Taeyeon got the shoulder-length blonde haircut she's been rocking currently it's like her hotness rocketed straight into the stratosphere. Best Taeyeon ever, easily.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yes, Genie Taeyeon... Genie in general was a golden age for all of them.

YlRLs.jpg

tY8Fi.jpg

So much unf... too much unf...

However, look at these and consider...

8NBAe.gif
PQAvb.gif

Don't get me wrong, I loooove cuteness, but I think currently she has a refined womanly cuteness where as during Genie she was more youthful. Her more matured style and personality now is still adorable yet she has so much more class and the kind of charm that can only come with age. Wise innocence is better than naivety and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom