• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2017 |OT|

dolabla

Yep, my shopping is done too.

Got:

Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy
Sonic Forces
Assassin's Creed Origins
The Evil Within 2

Netgear Orbi AC3000 Tri-Band Router (this better work well with no more dead zones, full speed internet over WiFi, etc in the house since it was super expensive for a router. Anybody on here own this router?)

Picked up Planet Coaster on steam, and FIFA 18, Just dance 2018, and DBZX2 on Switch. Bought the fire hd 10 tablet, too. Looking at which 4k movies to buy. Just bought Horizon zero Dawn and The Witcher 3 on PSN also, it's about time I tried them out.

It took me several tries over a couple hours to successfully checkout. I wish these sites were better prepared for heavy traffic.
Finally managed to checkout around 2am last night.

1morerobot

I'm in for Doom (XB1) for $14.99 at BB.

I know I saw Puyo Puyo Tetris somewhere for $20. I thought it was BB but it is $25 there. Anyone seen it for $20?

edit: I think $30 is the price I saw it for (at BB). Can't find it cheaper anywhere. Normal price is $40. I just can't pay more than $20 for a puzzle game.

ty_hot

My Game has one used Switch for 220, I have 30 in credits so I am really considering getting it for 190. But id like to get some games from the eShop, are there good options under 20? I do want Mario Zelda etc but those I think I can get physical later cheaper (used).

Mooreberg

Yakuza Kiwami Steelbook Edition $15 on Amazon. Just bought. Couldn't turn that down :)
Bought that in August and still haven't played it. I'm officially done buying stuff before I know I'll have time to play it.

So far I've gotten Wolfenstein II for $24.99 on PS4, and Prey for $15 on PC, both physical through Amazon. I'm waiting to see what else they will end up price matching. This will be the first time in years that I can't really be bothered to go to stores on Thanksgiving night. Looks like I might be getting Yakuza 0 as a download through PSN - the only place selling it for the same price is Best Buy but I am unable to add it to the cart. This is going to be a less violent Black Friday on my wallet than years past.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Bought that in August and still haven't played it. I'm officially done buying stuff before I know I'll have time to play it.

So far I've gotten Wolfenstein II for $24.99 on PS4, and Prey for $15 on PC, both physical through Amazon. I'm waiting to see what else they will end up price matching. This will be the first time in years that I can't really be bothered to go to stores on Thanksgiving night. Looks like I might be getting Yakuza 0 as a download through PSN - the only place selling it for the same price is Best Buy but I am unable to add it to the cart. This is going to be a less violent Black Friday on my wallet than years past.

How'd get wolfenstein 2for $24.99?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Alright had, have Skyrim psvr bundle coming, snagged that until dawn vr thing, what else do I need?

Anything good on sale game wise?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Ohh surface pro I ordered from Microsoft deal already shipped. Guess they didn’t have the day off.

Fbh

How active is the Battlefield 1 Premium content on Ps4?

Tempted to get it since it's on sale and I really like the game but I'm afraid to not be able to find games

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
I picked up a PS4 Pro with 4 games (including Star Wars) and an extra controller for £230! Still can't believe it...thank you Black Friday God 🙏🏽

Nizz

Ordered Wolfenstein 2: TNC, Horizon: Zero Dawn and the Bioshock Collection from Best Buy this morning. Also ordered Uncharted 4 from Amazon as well.

Was tempted to get COD:WW2 also but then I remembered that I'm pretty much over COD. The setting is interesting to me but I haven't played a COD game since Advanced Warfare.

All in all, picked up a couple of games I've wanted to play for a while. Should hold me over for a couple months.

tuffymon

I'm sure someone put the wrong sticker on it... but just snagged a Switch copy of BotW explorer's edition for $10 @ walmart

Yeah this years Black Friday is just a bad joke. There aren’t any great or even decent deals. It’s nothing special at all compared to a normal sale, quite disappointing.

In Sweden.

The US and UK seems to have great deals.

Smasher89

Yeah this years Black Friday is just a bad joke. There aren’t any great or even decent deals. It’s nothing special at all compared to a normal sale, quite disappointing.

In Sweden.
The one thing ive found (but already got physical years ago) is Tropical freeze for 179sek on the wii u eshop, that sure is worth it!

BionicRoo

Microsoft just published an article on the biggest Xbox and Surface deals on Black Friday!

https://news.microsoft.com/en-gb/20...iggest-xbox-and-surface-deals-from-microsoft/

xbox-1-s.jpg

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Heads up. Astro gaming is having a black Friday sale on all their headsets and accessories :

http://www.astrogaming.com/shop/bla...RR3nfPXyc_JkMmpA4BjS4oYGKpsf79P0aAmOWEALw_wcB

Not only are the A50s 25% off, matching the Best Buy sale, but the A50 base station are also available for 25% off too.

I am getting two Xbox A50s and two PS4 base stations so now I can do co op gaming with my wife on either our PS4 Pros or Our Xbox One Xs with only two wireless headsets!

I see Divinity: Original Sin 2 is on sale on Steam.

I know it is a universally acclaimed game, but would I like it if I have never played the first one, or really never gotten into any of the Baldurs Gate style games? I mean, is it a game "for everybody?"

The one thing ive found (but already got physical years ago) is Tropical freeze for 179sek on the wii u eshop, that sure is worth it!

That’s all well and good but a decent price on a almost 4 year old Wii U title ain’t that exciting sorry. Also got the game with my Wii U.

I see Divinity: Original Sin 2 is on sale on Steam.

I know it is a universally acclaimed game, but would I like it if I have never played the first one, or really never gotten into any of the Baldurs Gate style games? I mean, is it a game "for everybody?"

For everybody? I would say no, it’s quite brutal even on easier difficulty and you have to read most if not all dialogue.

If you like top down traditional crpg’s it’s right up your alley. If you’re more into Witcher 3 and so on, not so much.

For everybody? I would say no, it’s quite brutal even on easier difficulty and you have to read most if not all dialogue.

If you like top down traditional crpg’s it’s right up your alley. If you’re more into Witcher 3 and so on, not so much.

Gotcha. I am worried I am going to buy it due to it's critical success, convincing myself that I am gonna enjoy it but end up never playing it.

Gotcha. I am worried I am going to buy it due to it's critical success, convincing myself that I am gonna enjoy it but end up never playing it.

Watch some gameplay of it to see if it’s for you.

I liked it myself but had a hard time to get myself immersived when I have to read wall of text of dialogue.. but the turn based combat and side quests are fun and deep. Both of it.

Hissing Sid

Picked up Witcher 3 GOTY for £17.99 off Amazon so I’m happy. Nearly bit on the PS store deal so I’m glad I waited as I vastly prefer physical and don’t do digital unless it’s stupidly cheap.

Almost went for Nioh at £13.99 but decided to wait for the complete version with all the dlc.

After looking at page after page of stock clearing crap all week, Amazon UK finally seem to have some ok deals.

For my son, i just picked up a Xbox One S Halo Collector Edition Bundle with all 4 games which also includes Halo 5 for only $199 at WalMart!!! Im giddy right now, i got the last one too! Can't wait to try these out in my One X! Haha

UGH, the Gamestop cashier tonight snuck a warranty in on all 4 of the games I bought.

3 of those are used Switch games, which I am trading in sometime this weekend. I will make a lot of reward points at least. After Saturday, I will reach 100k in points.

Mooreberg

Picked up Gears 4 and Halo 4 for $14.99 each on Bestbuy.com. Amazon is being really bad at price matching, makes me glad I let Prime lapse in September. Has anyone seen Tekken 7 on PC for the same price that the console versions are selling for? ($19 or so).

Top Bottom