• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn guys Nioh is a long ass game. Can anyone tell me how much longer I have left:

in this battlefield between red and blue team. Just beat a guy with wings and two swords and now I'm facing this Shogun HP sponge with a spear.

I'm like 20 levels below recommended because I'm ignoring all those side missions. It's really not so bad playing like this tho.

It's way too long...

HarryKS

Damn guys Nioh is a long ass game. Can anyone tell me how much longer I have left:

in this battlefield between red and blue team. Just beat a guy with wings and two swords and now I'm facing this Shogun HP sponge with a spear.

I'm like 20 levels below recommended because I'm ignoring all those side missions. It's really not so bad playing like this tho.

4/5th of the way in.

Mikey Jr.

Nioh is TOO long. I rarely say that about a game, but yeah. I hard quit when I found out I had two whole worlds left to go through.

I was like "nahh brah, I'm good".

Excellent game with an excellent foundation, and I am excited for Nioh 2. But they severely need to cut the fat and make the whole thing tighter.

Naite

I'm gonna wait for impressions for the controller before pre-ordering but I really hope they are positive so there's a good cheap alternative.

Generally speaking I've always have a good experience with Hori controllers.... for the first few months. After that, the rubber membrane in the controllers wear out, causing the buttons or d-pad to get stuck. I've had it happen with 2 of my Fighting Commander controllers but those were last gen models and I don't know if they've improved since then.

I'm probably gonna get this since I like collecting spare controllers. Will post impressions if I do.

Clive

Is there even any good page for the exact details of Amazon Prime video game discounts? I was looking for it when I couldn't see any discount for my Sine Mora EX pre-order and that one comes out in three weeks or so now. The game is just $20 and that's the US price too but four bucks is four bucks and that's why I keep paying for Prime. Which video game pre-orders are eligible?

Did anyone know the answer to this? Are there ANY terms and conditions to Amazon Canada's Prime video game deals? I just can't find anything except:

Member Exclusive Discount
Your discount applies to pre-orders for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, 3DS and more.

It's as vague as it can be. Nothing about percentage, nothing about exactly what is eligible, no nothing. The general Terms & Conditions makes no reference to video games either. It's barely even used as a selling point of Prime anywhere either apart from the quote above.

Did anyone know the answer to this? Are there ANY terms and conditions to Amazon Canada's Prime video game deals? I just can't find anything except:

It's as vague as it can be. Nothing about percentage, nothing about exactly what is eligible, no nothing. The general Terms & Conditions makes no reference to video games either. It's barely even used as a selling point of Prime anywhere either apart from the quote above.
There is a promotion details page.

Doesn't explain why Sine Mora EX doesn't have the discount applied, though. (or Splatoon 2)

shezbot

A lot of the $30 and under games don't have discounts any more. Games like Battle Chasers, Yonder, Lego Worlds (Switch) to name a few. The reasons for keeping Prime are dwindling. On top of that it sucks that I am just outside the same day delivery area too.

Clive

There is a promotion details page.

Doesn't explain why Sine Mora EX doesn't have the discount applied, though. (or Splatoon 2)

Yeah, but the only detail is that this item in particular (whichever you used to generate the link) is eligible for some sort of promotion related to Prime. It doesn't even say why it's discounted.

There is no promise on any page that I can find that indicates that all pre-orders are supposed to be 20% off and I can't find a single shred of evidence of 20% off for two weeks after launch either.

On pre-order product pages it says that the item in particular is eligible (if it is) but no further details or reason why even. Just "Prime Savings". You have to be informed to know why because you aren't told the reason for these "Prime Savings".

Clive

A lot of the $30 and under games don't have discounts any more. Games like Battle Chasers, Yonder, Lego Worlds (Switch) to name a few. The reasons for keeping Prime are dwindling. On top of that it sucks that I am just outside the same day delivery area too.

I've seen that too which is why I want to know what the rules are. It's ridiculous that the terms and conditions are not available for Prime members to see even.

Edit: sorry for double post.

THE-JUV

seems to be really random regarding new postings that go up, and some games take a few weeks before the 20% seems to apply. Mega Man Legacy Collection Volume 2 for the last month didn't have a 20% discount applying for me, but I do see that discount now when I click on the game product page

Ondore

And at least in Fire Emblem Heroes, I can get something 5* on occasion.

...speaking of, I'm thinking of upgrading to a new phone in the next couple of days. Anyone know of any show-stopping things I should know about the Huawei P10+? I can get $100 in Google Play credit for the upgrade, so I can temporarily whale FEH.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Guys, I need to buy a new computer desk, the budget is around 300 and I am in the GTA. Anything nice that hold my TV, system, and sub?
I got this one. IKEA Linnmon/Alex.
linnmon-alex-table-gray__0512319_PE638495_S4.JPG

I've been looking at that, how is it? I'd like 3 drawers for storage, that's my biggest gripe. They actually discontinued the one I wanted so I've been in limbo since

etta

my hard graphic balls
I've been looking at that, how is it? I'd like 3 drawers for storage, that's my biggest gripe. They actually discontinued the one I wanted so I've been in limbo since
Not assembled yet, but it was solid when I tried it in store. IKEA stuff is always nice, never had any regrets buying from there.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Ikea is not particularly durable. If you move places a few times, your furniture is sure to wear out.
Yea that’s true, it’s not furniture that lasts 20+ years, but I like their design philosophy and simplicity. And they’re not exactly expensive, so I don’t mind buying new things every ~5 years.

I just replaced an older MALM desk with that plain Linmon top. When you're at ikea you can pick out the legs you want, the top, and extra stuff if you want them.

Ikea stuff can hold up if you aren't abusing it. The only reason I replaced the 14 year old MALM was because I moved to another country and it was easier to re-buy something else here.

There's more RNG to Amazon Prime Canada than in a gacha game.

Your best bet is to talk to a CSR and eventually you'll end up on the right one who agrees that the 20% discount is missing and will apply it to your order. Pure luck of the draw. That's how I got 20% off Wipeout and Valkyria Revolution recently (although the 20% discount did appear eventually on the listings). But be prepared to to call, chat up and email several one of these dummies. Some will even get passive aggressive on your ass.

I loved the Klimpen table set but they removed everything but the gray version which I'm not fond of. Think I might go with the Linnmon combo, just hoping for a nice colour!

Blam

Because I went and bought an SD Card for a Tablet. They deemed the action suspicious so they locked me out of my account and didn't email me or even call me to verify it. I had to tweet at them to get it unlocked after 10 days.

Yeah I mean I'd love to it's not that my past conversations are getting ignored it's that they are completely ignoring these cancelled purchases on my account. It's clear that they are doing this because when I was on the phone with Amazon I was talking about my orders and they saw the one above all those anime orders, and the ones under my anime orders but not the anime orders themselves. Since it "doesn't exist". Which is a load of bullshit.

Don't know who I'd even contact.

e: That chat rep I had talked to also told me that me showing them proof of the orders not existing was not an option which didn't make any fucking sense at all.

Another update I don't know if Account Reps or Social Media guys work on cases on Weekends but I'm giving them until monday for a response since I have yet to get one from the social media team or my original email I sent out.

I'll tweet at them again some time today to see if they can give me an update on this shit but I'm pretty sure amazon is trying to make me drop this.

There's more RNG to Amazon Prime Canada than in a gacha game.

Yeah I'd say that for certain.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Your best bet is to talk to a CSR and eventually you'll end up on the right one who agrees that the 20% discount is missing and will apply it to your order. Pure luck of the draw. That's how I got 20% off Wipeout and Valkyria Revolution recently (although the 20% discount did appear eventually on the listings). But be prepared to to call, chat up and email several one of these dummies. Some will even get passive aggressive on your ass.
Yeah I can't be assed to do that. Which is probably what they are hoping for, to be fair. lol
I feel like Prime's value now is basically "free" shipping and hoping for incompetence on the tech team to allow for glitches like the double stacking discounts and free anime DVDs.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Hey guys, can I get a link to the Discord? After reading about everything Amir0x did and yet was kept around until last month, I feel a genuine sense of disgust being here right now. Pretty much all of my favorite GAF members are from here though, so I'd hate to lose contact with them.

Hey guys, can I get a link to the Discord? After reading about everything Amir0x did and yet was kept here until last month, I feel a genuine sense of disgust being here right now. Pretty much all of my favorite GAF members are from here though, so I'd hate to lose contact with them.

I don't blame you at all. I felt pretty damn nauseous when I heard the news myself.

Hopefully this link works. Quote to see.

i-Jest

Hey guys, can I get a link to the Discord? After reading about everything Amir0x did and yet was kept around until last month, I feel a genuine sense of disgust being here right now. Pretty much all of my favorite GAF members are from here though, so I'd hate to lose contact with them.

Someone fill me in. I'm absolutely clueless.

23qwerty

you say kept around as if anyone knew about it..

Looking to sell a few Ganecube games. Anyone know a decent place in the GTA that will offer a fair price? I get I could make more sell them myself, but that’s too much work, IMO.

So, an update on this.

Friend recommend Game Hoard in Brampton. Went there with the GameCube games I listed and my old Nintendo DS games. Walked out of there with $440 cash. Feel pretty good about it.

Store was awesome as well. They have a huge selection of retro games, new games and collectibles like Pokemon slippers, etc. Really happy with the experience. Figured I'd give the store a plug: https://www.facebook.com/GameHoard/

Zeeman

So, an update on this.

Friend recommend Game Hoard in Brampton. Went there with the GameCube games I listed and my old Nintendo DS games. Walked out of there with $440 cash. Feel pretty good about it.

Store was awesome as well. They have a huge selection of retro games, new games and collectibles like Pokemon slippers, etc. Really happy with the experience. Figured I'd give the store a plug: https://www.facebook.com/GameHoard/

Lol, looks like they're advertising your games already https://www.facebook.com/GameHoard/...812055211623/1457797844313033/?type=3&theater

Blam

Ha, yup. That would be them. Gotta made that money back, I guess.

Yeah good deal honestly. Tempted to see what they'd take for my Genesis and the few games I got with it. Also would anyone be interested in following on a Canadian deals twitter like what Wario64 does?

jayu26

Maybe switch tax can go byebye? Hopefully games can start coming back to what they should be instead of us paying 10$ more for em.
Lol. But keep making noise about it or buy cheaper US version when you have a chance. That's only way they will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom