• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CyberConnect2 NEW GAME COUNTDOWN!

I think they just didn't put the countdown in the DS page so that we can keep guessing or something.

It's weird to unveil another project before the one they've been teasing on the site for months!

If it's not the DS game, I personally hope it's for the Wii and is something original.

It is weird as well that they've been making Sony games for so long, that it's strange that they all of the sudden have a DS game in the pipeline.

Almost as weird as if Insomniac were to turn around and have a DS game in the pipeline, but they're Second-Party I think, as in have some sort of exclusive deal with Sony I'm sure. CC2 does not, you just get the impression that they're Sony exclusive as I did awhile back. :p

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
SlipperSleaze said:
I got the impression that the IMOQ movie was barely in the talks back when they mentioned it (which wasn't long ago). I think it's a little too soon for that. But I'm confident that it's something .hack// related. It's been a while since Redemption anyway.

Wasn't that long ago? The G.U. movie came out almost a year ago. iirc the IMOQ movie mention was in the book that came with the first printing or whatever of it. To bad I can't read it even though I own it @_@

Hero of Legend said:
I think they just didn't put the countdown in the DS page so that we can keep guessing or something.

It's weird to unveil another project before the one they've been teasing on the site for months!

Just shy of 2 years now! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155835

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I wouldn't mind a game...that is fun. Do that CC2.

Emotions

I hope it's the long announced DS game in development, i'd like to see what they can do with the DS.

On a side note the DS hate is unstopable even more now that surpassed PSP's YLTD. Good times :lol Sony fanboys still wish it would take over it,but it won't happen let alone for PS3. :lol
The new meme around here is if a japanese game isn't for PS3 or PSP is a meh.
I'm not particulary against any platforms but the "it's on the DS meh" meme is old and tired.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm pretty much put Cyber Connect on my radar so I wait to see what this new game maybe. Anime licensed or not it should be interesting

Boulayman

I hope it's not another DS game. Big console game, 360 or ps3, I wouldn't mind a wii one either. I don't care, just not another ds game pretty please.

(New hack would be good)

Lindsay said:
Wasn't that long ago? The G.U. movie came out almost a year ago. iirc the IMOQ movie mention was in the book that came with the first printing or whatever of it. To bad I can't read it even though I own it @_@

Just shy of 2 years now! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155835

Trilogy will have it's first anniversary towards the end of march.. I think that's too early to announce a project that was in such an early stage back then.

Emotions said:
I hope it's the long announced DS game in development, i'd like to see what they can do with the DS.

On a side note the DS hate is unstopable even more now that surpassed PSP's YLTD. Good times :lol Sony fanboys still wish it would take over it,but it won't happen let alone for PS3. :lol
I'm not particulary against any platforms but the "it's on the DS meh" meme is old and tired.

It would be meh on the DS(or PSP) or the Wii because there's absolutely nothing that would impress about a new .hack// on either of those systems. I'd rather have one, big, .hack// game on the PS3 (multiplat at least..now that I don't have a 360 anymore heh..). A side .hack// game after they release a new console one? sure. But for now, I'd rather they stray far away from the Wii and DS.

And lol @ you being so paranoid.

CHRP718

Banned
Emotions said:

n500200949_1685460_295.jpg

Emotions said:

um, no.

wrowa said:
It's not that hard to write proper sentences.

Fine. DS reveals generally aren't very exciting for me, of course, playing the game may be a completely different story - but teasers for DS games rarely excite me at all.

le.phat

Emotions said:

you reek of fail.

duckroll

Mr.Wuggles said:
where does it indicate that it's the DS game they alluded to years ago? i was under the impression that it was canceled... i think this countdown could be for anything.
deepbrown said:

Both headers say "Look forward to the 'time' when the news will be revealed!" and the DS game has had that tagline for over 1.5 years now. Either they have a really lazy webmaster who likes using the same phrase, or it's related.

akachan ningen said:
Better yet, One Piece RPG with Naruto UNS-style combat. It could be sort of like Grand Adventure, except with more exploration. Yeah, I'd buy that.

Greatest game ever right there. That and Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 with Sage Naruto...:)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
God I hope its for DS, just to see most of the people in the thread cry. Best console platform bitches

SamBishop

Banned
SlipperSleaze said:
It would be meh on the DS(or PSP) or the Wii because there's absolutely nothing that would impress about a new .hack// on either of those systems. I'd rather have one, big, .hack// game on the PS3 (multiplat at least..now that I don't have a 360 anymore heh..). A side .hack// game after they release a new console one? sure. But for now, I'd rather they stray far away from the Wii and DS.

While I most definitely disagree with you on them staying away from either the Wii or DS since CyberConnect2 seems to know how to take hardware and bend it to their will (as much as I hate the franchise, the stuff they've done with the animation and super combos in the Naruto games were unbelievably good) and I'd love to see them work that magic on either (or both, really) the DS or Wii, I couldn't possibly agree more about seeing an expanded or tertiary take on the .hack universe. Seeing .hack move to next-gen and really blow out the idea of an offline (or, better still, actually online) MMO would be amazing.

It's basically been a stone's throw from being something that would work online anyway, and if they had "actors" as players that would get fucked up by whatever fun virus threat is happening at the time, that would be wonderful (I'm bummed that the whole vision for The Matrix Online just never panned out because that was easily the best thing it had going for it, killing off major characters and all), but if it was offline, they could absolutely blow out the scale and scope of some of the areas because there'd be no latency issues and stuff.

Also, I think I win the award for longest run-ons ever in a post. No matter what platform or franchise they're going for this time around, my interest is piqued. Thanks, 'roll.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
duckroll said:
http://www.cc2.co.jp/new/index.html

SEVEN DAYS! From the way it's worded in the front page that links to the countdown, it's very likely that this could be the DS game that they hyped up ages ago but didn't announce: http://www.cc2.co.jp/new2/index.html

THE TIME HAS COME! WILL CC2 FINALLY ANNOUNCE A GAME THAT IS NOT .hack OR Naruto? LET US HOLD HANDS TOGETHER AND PRAY FOR A BRIGHT FUTURE! OMG!!!!!!!!!!

is it bad to hope that its One Piece for PS3? :D

or even Bleach

SamBishop said:
While I most definitely disagree with you on them staying away from either the Wii or DS since CyberConnect2 seems to know how to take hardware and bend it to their will (as much as I hate the franchise, the stuff they've done with the animation and super combos in the Naruto games were unbelievably good) and I'd love to see them work that magic on either (or both, really) the DS or Wii, I couldn't possibly agree more about seeing an expanded or tertiary take on the .hack universe. Seeing .hack move to next-gen and really blow out the idea of an offline (or, better still, actually online) MMO would be amazing.

It's basically been a stone's throw from being something that would work online anyway, and if they had "actors" as players that would get fucked up by whatever fun virus threat is happening at the time, that would be wonderful (I'm bummed that the whole vision for The Matrix Online just never panned out because that was easily the best thing it had going for it, killing off major characters and all), but if it was offline, they could absolutely blow out the scale and scope of some of the areas because there'd be no latency issues and stuff.

Also, I think I win the award for longest run-ons ever in a post. No matter what platform or franchise they're going for this time around, my interest is piqued. Thanks, 'roll.

I'd be completely fine if they decide never make a .hack//MMO. This new gen of hardware gives them more than enough capabilities in the online (and off..) aspects of technology, that they could pull off an amazing multiplayer mode if they put effort into it. Really, All they need to do is incorporate a more streamlined version of //Fragment's online components and they would just completely nail it. They could easily keep supporting the game via content patches every now and then. And charge for them too. I'd take that mix of sp/mp over an MMO any day.

They can have a much bigger item selection, dungeon/field/town variety(I feel this was a big issue for a lot of people in the past games), better frame rates(the G.U. games choked at times. Particularly against The One Sin.) and still have a lot of space left to have 3/4 games worth of content in one Blu-ray disk. The improvements from Project .hack to .hack Conglomerate were astounding, and I've no doubt that they could do some nice improvements on the Wii too, but I'd much rather see what they can do to .hack// on the ps3.

Ramune

duckroll said:
Anyone who doesn't care about TAIL CONCERTO, can GTFO of this thread!!! :lol

I actually own that game, and my bro played it way more than I have. Guess I'll have to pop that in my PSP sometime. Is this a sequel or something in the making here that we don't know about?

°°ToMmY°° said:
duck's on a roll in this thread :p

He definitely seems to know something. >_O

hwateber

after seeing their naruto game, I really hope this one's another ps3 title so they could use the engine again (and hopefully improve upon it)

TreIII

jarrod said:
This. Hell, I'd even take a DS port/remake at this point, I just want to play Tail Concerto again. :lol

Ah, jarrod! Bout time you made it back. :D

Any way, for us to have waited this long, I would rather not have a remake/port, even if I do love TC as much as I do. "Mamoru-kun" finally deserves to grow up a bit, and have his own game, I say.

Stage On

man I really really hope it's a new .hack game.

I wish they'd hurry the hell up and bring the Gu movie to north ameria already while their at it as well

Top Bottom