• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S3 |OT| Long May She Reign - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Td6c.jpg

qe6c.png

Related OTs: ARROW S6 | LEGENDS S3 | THE FLASH S4
Season Two should be available somewhere. Use spoiler tags where appropriate.

Don't forget to catch this year's crossover event!

me6c.png

Thanks to The OddOne for setting a standard in TVGAF's OTs :D
Thanks to Grizzlyjin for the title :D
Thanks to morningbus for keeping track of quitters :D
Thanks to Zero for being Zero :D

I missed you, DCTV GAF!

Let me know of any corrections :)

MartyStu

God, I would love finally get a good season of this show.

All the other Arrowverse shows have that at least. It is only fair.

Pachimari

Last season was so incredibly bad, I've actually lost faith this team can turn this around. I would like James to drop his Guardian persona, maybe get some more time in at the newspaper, and just drop the whole DEO. This show probably won't ever really be what I wanted it to be, but I'll give it a few more episodes and see how it goes this season.

jph139

I guess I'll watch the premiere.

But man, S2 really burned away all of my good faith in Supergirl. It's a shame, because S1 was one of my favorite guilty pleasures.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I liked last season for the most part. Benoist was as charming as ever, I think it was necessary to give Jimmy his own thing that could keep him busy, I enjoyed Mon El, and Alex finally got some decent development.

I enjoyed the Supergirl N52 run decently enough so I'm interested in seeing them pull from some modern inspiration. Reign will hopefully be interesting, though I'm picturing how they handled Doomsday on Snellville and I can imagine they'll go a similar route with how they treat the character.

carlsojo

Show needs a better central villain/season arc. Hopefully this season has it!

Hype for more Lena and
Reign.

jelly

In for another season, hopes it's better.

Lena. /bites lip

More investigations, less DEO. Retire Guardian.

Shaanyboi

Banned
What's with the Guardian hate? I genuinely don't get it. It's not like he's fucking up other peoples' plotlines, nor is he in nearly every episode.

What's with the Guardian hate? I genuinely don't get it. It's not like he's fucking up other peoples' plotlines, nor is he in nearly every episode.

Mostly is just feels like they're casting around for something for Jimmy to do now that they've minimized CatCo and mostly failing to find anything compelling.

Dysun

Lena was the best new character last season, hope they keep building on that.

I know it's probably a minority opinion, but I'd like to see Maxwell Lord back at some point. Feel like him and Lena could play off each other and Kara pretty well

Ya'll going after Jimmy James like he's Barry Allen, fucking everybody's shit up constantly. Writers need to give him more to do, not less.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
I think Cat Grant is best used sparingly. Jimmy, I don't know what you do with that guy. They tried to do something other than making him the love interest, but I don't find the Guardian stuff very interesting. His and Winn's bromance is fun, but I don't think that's enough. I love Lena and I constantly worry that they're going to turn her evil.

In general I think the show is at its best when it's focused on the family dynamic between Kara and Alex, so I hope to see more of that.

DonShula

Will watch because I'm watching the rest of the arrowverse, but expecting another flaming pile of garbage.

Is this a thing? Genuine question. My seven year old watches this show now as well as the Flash. Are they interrelated? I’ve seen more of both than I ever cared to just by listening in the background. Still, I’m thankful that there are superhero shows that cater to such a young demographic.

Is this a thing? Genuine question. My seven year old watches this show now as well as the Flash. Are they interrelated? I’ve seen more of both than I ever cared to just by listening in the background. Still, I’m thankful that there are superhero shows that cater to such a young demographic.

4 shows! Its in the OP! :p

Supergirl is on another Earth but she shows up in the crossovers

Shaanyboi

Banned
Is this a thing? Genuine question. My seven year old watches this show now as well as the Flash. Are they interrelated? I've seen more of both than I ever cared to just by listening in the background. Still, I'm thankful that there are superhero shows that cater to such a young demographic.

Arrow
Flash
Legends of Tomorrow
Supergirl

All connected...
heroes-vs-aliensgif.gif

though we still don't have the final word on Black Lightning. They say no, but Supergirl wasn't supposed to be originally and they made it work.

And Flash/Supergirl are like the best fucking pair of buds on-screen
flash-supergirl.jpg

caliph95

In. Personally liked s2 more then s1
For me season one was step forward but two steps back

From what I recall my feelings were that while there are stuff in season 2 I enjoy more one was better for being more cohesive and focuses while two was all over the place and couldn't decide what to do

Dereck

Lena looks like one of those actresses that Uncharted characters are modeled after.

EDIT: I've said this already.

In for the new season

l6ZVpAj.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
In for more of the Mon-El show featuring The Legion of Super-Heroes!

Also in for more Kara x Lena, the OTP. Such chemistry.

David Harewood doesn't like playing CYBORG SUPERMAN so RIP.

RIP Maggie too.

Thanks to Zero for being Zero :D

It's a tough job but somebody has to do it.

I thought season 2 started out solid, but faded as it went along. I'm hoping season 3 is a big improvement, show could really use a great villain.

Top Bottom