• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't remember the name of this Movie/Cartoon/Song/etc.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Here's one. It's a live action movie, probably made for TV or crappy direct to DVD. It's about some bear taggers who get attacked by some guys (terrorists?) in the woods. The woman is shot, but because she was born with her heart on the other side of her body, she survives. Then she uses her awesome tracking skills to hunt the bad guys down.

I have no more info than that.

Here's a question British GAF could possibly answer. I remember a series when I was a little kid. Though it was dubbed, I'm pretty sure it was British based on landscapes and cloudy skies. The plot was silly, but essentially, there was a planet full women and men living there were oppressed. A few men escaped to Earth with their girlfriends, but they were still chased by the evil female authorities who came in these big, colorful flying saucers.

What the hell was this series?

Chuckie

Instigator said:
Here's a question British GAF could possibly answer. I remember a series when I was a little kid. Though it was dubbed, I'm pretty sure it was British based on landscapes and cloudy skies. The plot was silly, but essentially, there was a planet full women and men living there were oppressed. A few men escaped to Earth with their girlfriends, but they were still chased by the evil female authorities who came in these big, colorful flying saucers.

Lol.... I once seen an episod of this. No idea how it was called though haha.

Tence said:
Lol.... I once seen an episod of this. No idea how it was called though haha.

Finally, someone vaguely knows what I am talking about! Now if only another person can give me a name and possibly a comical youtube link!

Tence said:
Weren't they wearing pink and babyblue uniforms or something?

Can't remember. Though their hairdoes were like those in fashion in the late seventies/early eighties.

I do remember the flying saucers being between purple and red, looking like they were made from paper.

Chairhome

shesha said:
Does anyone remember a Giant Robot cartoon circa 1985 maybe or 1987 It was like Voltron, but not.

It would come on Early in the morning, like 6 or 7 am. It was so bad ass, but I cant rememeber the name.
Tranzor Z is the only Giant Robot cartoon I remember in America around that time.

DonMigs85

Anyone remember this movie? It had a stuffed dinosaur that came to life, and he got ripped when kids were fighting over him. I think it was a Henson production.

Bleepey

Instigator said:

I remember something like that but it was not a cartoon and i thought it was a sketch.

Pang

Neo Member
guidop said:
OK GAF these aren't going to be easy but if someone can answer them i will be eternally grateful. Seriously these movies have been at the back of my head for years and i have spent to many hours trying to find out what there called

the first film was made in the middle to late 90's or early 00's i remember watching the film on TV around 03 or 04. Its a Scandinavian film i think, it has a similar tone and subject matter to pusher. The film focuses on a group of young boys around the ages of 12 to 15 who sell heroin. Basic synopsis of what i remember they are drug dealers, for some stupid reasons one of the boys steals a bunch of drugs(heroin) from some much older and harder drug dealers they then struggle with what to do. One of the boys is then caught and beaten to a pulp

The climax of the film sees one of the boys (the tallest one) being brutally beaten by the older drug dealers and his friend finding him and driving the beaten up boy to hospital. The film then transitions to a scene with the two in a hospital, the beaten boy now has severe brain damage and can no longer talk

In one scene the boys are walking at night along the train tracks, the tall one walking ahead of the group with headphones on listening to music. a train comes and the boys think their friend can't hear the train.

The description fits the Norwegian film Schpaaa.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Animated, 90s cartoon. Set underwater with fish and the main character was a detective or something?

Now that this thread is bumped up a bit, I'd like to ask GAF if anyone remembers the name of an hour-long (I think) animated movie that had something about a boy getting trapped in "monster world" or something to that effect and a monster getting trapped in the human world. Essentially they switched places. I also remember something about one of the characters having a skateboard, but that's all I can remember. I remember this from when I was really young, so it was probably produced in the late 80s or at the latest the very early 90s.

DonMigs85

Easy_D said:
Animated, 90s cartoon. Set underwater with fish and the main character was a detective or something?
Ah, Fish Police. It started out as a comic book.
imagefishpolice.JPG

mclem

Easy_D said:

I was going to suggest Sharky and George. I wasn't expecting there to be multiple series on *that* premise...

I don't remember the plot or anything like that. Just one scene always popped out to me.

These two men are fighting in what seems to be a rice field, after the good guys arm has been cut up and mutilated the bad guy tears the arm off. The good guy stumbles back a little, but slowly his arm starts to regenerate from the blood and water. From this point on he continues to fight and then stabs the other guy with a spear.

Anybody know the movie?

ChubbyHuggs said:
I don't remember the plot or anything like that. Just one scene always popped out to me.

These two men are fighting in what seems to be a rice field, after the good guys arm has been cut up and mutilated the bad guy tears the arm off. The good guy stumbles back a little, but slowly his arm starts to regenerate from the blood and water. From this point on he continues to fight and then stabs the other guy with a spear.

Anybody know the movie?

Swamp Thing?

WanderingWind said:
Here's one. It's a live action movie, probably made for TV or crappy direct to DVD. It's about some bear taggers who get attacked by some guys (terrorists?) in the woods. The woman is shot, but because she was born with her heart on the other side of her body, she survives. Then she uses her awesome tracking skills to hunt the bad guys down.

I have no more info than that.

That part happens in a Hong Kong sci-fi action flick called Black Cat.

Alucrid

Banned
Oh crap. There was this game (pretty sure it was this gen) that had mechs and it was based on online squad combat. I'm pretty sure it was only released in Japan and it had like the 2d watercolor-ish style graphics. Anyone remember this? I think it might've been an arcade game.

Rickard

I saw a movie when i was younger where a bunch of teenage boys built a hut in the woods and then some escaped convict started to live in it. Then one of them got shot.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
DonMigs85 said:
Could be Nikita or Point of No Return.

Nah, the bear conservationist thing was a big part of the movie. I recall the violence coming from out of nowhere. It more than likely was made between 95-01, but that might not be correct.

wRATH2x

Banned
Slayven said:
Thank you you beautiful motherfucker! :D

I got a new one for you: It was about these two kids, a boy and his little sister, who befriend a leprechaun with a green thumb who can make anything grow. Near the end the villain gave the boy a red/pink thumb so he can turn everything to stone. And he turns the leprechaun to stone and everything is sad and whatnot. I think it was made by Don Buth.

Wrath2X said:
Ahhh the memories! :lol

Now there's this cartoon I'm trying to remember. I remember this guy riding his motorcycle with his dog, and he used to do something and turn into this herculean warrior and his dog turns into a lion, it may or may not look similar to He-Man.

And there was this other old cartoon I remember loving, it had this greek family living in ancient greek times and it was in the same sit-commish cartoon style that the flintstones and jetsons had.

The third one is also old, it had this family who were also dysfunctional. The dad was bald short and fat, he had three kids the oldest two are this boy and girl who look like hippies, and the young one is a bart like character. I vaguely remember their last name being Boyd.

And this one is an anime I really liked, it was all about Dodgeball. I remember its arabic name but I wanna know if it ever was dubbed in english. Gomu Gomu you may help if you know it:

حكم ومبارة
كرة صفارة
لعبة واثارة بالملعب

the bolded one is "the roman holidays". pretty obscure, I can count on one hand the times I've heard it referenced in the last 20 years

Narag

Wrath2X said:
Thank you you beautiful motherfucker! :D

I got a new one for you: It was about these two kids, a boy and his little sister, who befriend a leprechaun with a green thumb who can make anything grow. Near the end the villain gave the boy a red/pink thumb so he can turn everything to stone. And he turns the leprechaun to stone and everything is sad and whatnot. I think it was made by Don Buth.
A Troll in Central Park

raebu

Neo Member
-Kees- said:
I swear I saw this movie years and years ago on Showtime, though I've never been able to find out anything about it.

It was basically a ripoff of the The Bad Seed, where a kid is a killer except that it's a boy. It wasn't very old, late 80's or early 90's probably. It's not The Good Son because I saw Nostalgia Critic's review of it and it wasn't it. Some of the scenes that I remember are:

The kid and a friend of his are walking through a graveyard at the kid is laying on the ground in front of a tombstone and his friend is freaked out.

The kid puts a ball under his arm because it cuts off his pulse, so when he pretends to be dead his babysitter (I think she was his babysitter) can't feel his pulse.

The kid uses a bow and arrow to kill someone.

The ending is a ripoff of The Omen with the kid still alive and no one suspecting a thing.

Again, I haven't heard anyone ever mention a movie like this on any forum or movie site. If I dreamed this it was pretty damn lucid one.
I think it's Mikey. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104870/

Do you happen to remember him killing a cat in this movie by twisting it's neck and/or putting it under a car before someone drove off? Or kicking a plugged in stereo in a pool/hot tub that some guy is chilling in (therefore electrocuting him)? I feel like this is the movie I remember but I'm not sure.

Okay, here is one I always remember bits and pieces of.

It's a Halloween themed cartoon about this group of kids. Their friend is like terminally ill or something and his head becomes like a pumpkin on a tree. The group of kids go all around the world and end up in Mexico where they all eat pieces of skull-shaped candy that take years off the end of their lifespan to cure their friend's illness.

One of the kids is dressed up as a mummy.

Ourobolus

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
Okay, here is one I always remember bits and pieces of.

It's a Halloween themed cartoon about this group of kids. Their friend is like terminally ill or something and his head becomes like a pumpkin on a tree. The group of kids go all around the world and end up in Mexico where they all eat pieces of skull-shaped candy that take years off the end of their lifespan to cure their friend's illness.

One of the kids is dressed up as a mummy.
The Halloween Tree?

wRATH2x

Banned
Ok here goes another one:

It was a horror inspired cartoon that followed a Dr.Frankenstein like character. It looked like it came from the 90's.

Visceir

Does anyone remember the name of a cartoon about a bull/cow who wore dutch wooden shoes? Might have been japanese...

Ourobolus

Banned
Visceir said:
Does anyone remember the name of a cartoon about a bull/cow who wore dutch wooden shoes? Might have been japanese...
Molly Moo-Cow? There were a couple of those, part of Rainbow Parades.

-Kees-

raebu said:
I think it's Mikey. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104870/

Do you happen to remember him killing a cat in this movie by twisting it's neck and/or putting it under a car before someone drove off? Or kicking a plugged in stereo in a pool/hot tub that some guy is chilling in (therefore electrocuting him)? I feel like this is the movie I remember but I'm not sure.

I just watched the trailer on Youtube. Yep, that's it.

Thanks a lot. It's been on my mind for a while.

Chuckie

Visceir said:

You mean 'Boes'?

It was a Japanese cartoon but based on a Dutch comic.

boes9.jpg

Edit:

International names:

# Chuckling Bus Story of Boos (International: English)
# Fantazoo (US)
# Funny Farm Madness (Internationaal: English) (US)
# Gera Gera Boos Monogatari (History of Boos) (Japan)

DonMigs85

Can anyone name this movie? It had sort of an evil tree-woman, but she was linked to a real tree and when the real tree was being cut with a chainsaw she felt its pain and started spewing "blood" as well.

This one's fairly recent. I caught it on the SyFy channel during an all-day horror marathon.

It was the very end of the movie. There's an old lady who's attacked by a demonic looking person, all red. IIRC the lady is horribly killed (maybe disemboweled or something) by the humonoid creature (He basically looks like a young kid, covered in blood from head to toe). The next scene, some people are driving off on a mountain trail, and that creature walks off into the forest. He's walking along, then this other demonic looking thing hops out and kills him.

WTF DID I WATCH?

Top Bottom