• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone feel differently about their Switch Pre-Order weeks later?

Mega

Banned
I was initially unhappy over the pricing and a "no games!" perception.

I've warmed up to it, realize the controllers are actually quite advanced and not just overpriced for no reason, seen/read the reports that the hardware is really good, saw that a steady stream of games are coming.

I'm pretty excited and may take off that Friday to pick up my preorder and have a nice 3-day weekend with the system and Zelda.

Phoenixus

Placing the preorder after the presentation felt kinda half-hearted if I'm honest, but I'm getting more enthusiastic the closer release day comes. The Switch as a concept is perfect for my lifestyle and I'm a sucker for new tech concepts like HD Rumble.

Plus replaying Skyward Sword during the wait has made me all the more eager for Breath of the Wild.

Pinky

Banned
Nope. Hype hasn't decreased at all. Just think... in a little over a month from now, Zelda will be out.

Not at all. I'm still very much excited about getting my Switch March 3rd and playing Zelda all day and night. I've never owned a Nintendo home console so this will be a first for me.

Sure, couple of things bug me such as accessory pricing and how little we know about the Nintendo Online or VC aspects of the Switch but I'm really hoping Nintendo listen to their ardent fan base and deliver on what they're asking for.

gnexus

I'm pretty hyped for it. At first I was pretty lukewarm at the initial trailer reveal, but I've been becoming more and more hyped as these days pass. Have a Neon, pro controller, and BotW already pre-ordered. Might pick up 1 2 Switch to play with the GF

T.O.P

Banned
No hype whatsoever, i got 2 pre-ordered at launch just because

I'll probably keep one for a friend's birthday and sell the other, i'll wait for Mario to pick one up

faint.

I'm kind of just hoping I forget when March 1st hits and I get an email saying it shipped and I'm like "oh yeah I preordered a Switch lol."

I just wish Nier and Horizon didn't come out at the same time.

I feel like I could have waited, and picked up the Switch this summer instead. I still might, who knows.

Kyne

literally buying this thing for Zelda..

I didn't even finish Skyward Sword, and I bought the CE..

bah.. dunno what to do.

Bluenoser

I'm a bit meh... kind of indifferent.

I mean, I only pre-ordered it because EB Games was offering 2x trade in value on games towards it, so I thought it was a good opportunity to purge some of my library and get good return on them. I'm kinda looking forward to Zelda, but it's been 11 years since I played a Zelda game (Twilight Princess on Gamecube). Not sure if it still resonates with me anymore, and won't know til I try it.

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
I went the other way around. I was initially very lukewarm about getting the Switch even though I got the Wii, 3DS, and WiiU all at launch but lately I have been thinking about going ahead and getting it just for the pleasure of being able to play Zelda in my bed if I so choose. Plus I'm starting a new job soon so that plus tax refund plus the pay-out for the PTO at my current job means I'll probably bite if I can grab one in a store somewhere.

Personally, I don't think it's worth getting one until Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2 are out, so I'm holding out until then, and hopefully I can pick up a used one for cheap in the local ads. That's what I did with XB1 and PS4, and saved a lot of money that way.

cluderi

Nope, still super hyped.

I've already cleared the space where it's going and I'm really excited by all the positive comments about the screen quality.

#TeamNeon

w0s

Nah I'm still in. I realize it will be zelda for awhile but for the past few Nintendo consoles I've known that it will get used from time to time.

Tripon

Got the GameStop preorder that will come 3 days after launch. Still waiting to see if I can get an Amazon pre order.

I'm definitely on the fence still, I really want some new tech but it's coming out in such a busy gaming period and that's on top of the backlog I already have on other consoles. Also I need to know more about the account infrastructure, if we get a week out and it's still as hazy as it is now, I'm 100% cancelling, no way am I spending a penny if that stuff is up in the air.

Charamiwa

Banned
Yeah, I was really disappointed after the presentation, but now I'm mostly over it. I still have issue with the price, the lack of power and the lack of games, but all the footage we got since then warmed me up to it. The screen looks awesome, there's still Zelda coming, Arms look cool, Mario at the end of the year... It's not the homerun I thought it'd be, but it's still a nice piece of hardware. Still, I'll remain critical of their choices if they don't nail the VC, the online and the UI.

It doesn't hurt than the price in France went from 330€ to 299€ and Zelda from 70€ to 50€.

I pre-ordered reflexively, not really thinking I would keep it. I was pretty displeased about the Canadian pricing.

But as time goes on, the more excited I am. I'm really looking forward to it. A portable home console in such a small form factor is really exciting to me. Looking forward to playing this thing at work!

EmiPrime

I am hoping for some good news in February because as it stands I am 90% certain that I will cancel my pre-order and buy it later in the year instead.

BriGuy

There's a good amount of great games releasing before that.

Well yeah, Nier Automata, Persona 5, Fractured but Whole, Yooka Laylee...

Switch is a graveyard for me though. I already own a Wii U and won't double-dip on ports, and I have no interest in paying online fees for Splatoon 2.

guyssorry

Nope. Still super hyped. I'm in med school, and the switch is perfect for my currently insane schedule/lifestyle. Plus, portable BOTW (still crazy to me that I will be able to play this on the go) and a bunch of other games that I am looking forward to

vypek

Mine changed after a little while. I felt like I didn't need to buy the console just yet. Only thing for a while for me is Breath of the Wild which I'll get for my Wii U I barely used. So I just hope the experience wouldn't be too different between the systems. I'll re-evaluate how I feel about the purchase later. For now I'll be holding off so I can stay in line with my budget. Wound up cancelling within a week or so

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I got a pre-order because I knew I wouldn't be charged until it ships. I thought at the time "it is very unlikely I will keep this". Nothing has changed since. Snipperclips looks great. I'd maybe buy 1-2 Switch for $20. Not personally a huge Zelda fan, and I still haven't played TP or SS among the 3D Zeldas. And I have a gaming PC. So that leaves Mario Odyssey as the first real title for me. Really just comes down to exclusive software availability and pricing. Which is OK, most people don't buy consoles at launch, but I'm just saying from my perspective it's going to probably take until then for the value to be there.

Logash

I ended up buying a preorder back from a buddy of mine after dropping my original preorder due to money. I dropped it because I was already spending so much on games in the first 3 month of 2017 and that 1 game (Zelda) was not worth it. Of course, I eventually caved and bought one from my friend because I could not resist Zelda and figured since it's tax season there is no better time for me to spend this much money at once.

dkeane

More excited than I was. Hearing the great impressions about the screen and controls has gotten me lookng forward to release.

weekev

Banned
I genuinely would have cancelled my preorder if my father in law hadn't come into a load of retirement money and offered to pay for it because the price feels too high with the limited number of games. However with 4 and a half weeks to go I'm super excited and glad he's been so kind to us. Can't wait for 4 player Snipperclips with the wife and kids.

I actually got an Amazon & Best Buy pre-order since neither charged me until it ships. I'm probably going to cancel both unless I have a friend who wants them. I can't imagine only having one game I want to play at launch.

RowdyReverb

I pre-ordered initially out of FOMO, then questioned it, but now that I've seen so many positive impressions, I couldn't be more excited

JimiNutz

Banned
Im very close to cancelling.
I really like the system but I don't think the price is right and I don't think the games are there.

Before the Switch was revealed there was a thread asking how Nintendo could surprise us. My answer was come in at a decent price (under $300) and have a decent selection of launch software.

They failed on both.

As much as I like the system and want Nintendo to succeed I can't really justify the high price of the system, it's games and accessories just for Zelda BOTW.

Maybe if BOTW gets "all time greatest game ever!" reviews then I may keep my order...but I doubt it.

Rezae

I have an Amazon pre-order, but at this point I doubt I'll keep it (may offer it to a relative/friend or eBay it if I feel like dealing with the hassle). I'm a huge Nintendo fan, but I can wait on Zelda for now. Not a big fan of all of the accessory prices either. Too big of an investment right now without a lot of compelling software available early on.

I'm feeling about the same; general excitement for a new hardware iteration, regardless of the ecosystem. The anticipation remains the same because of the dearth of launch titles, but I'm still happy and ready for it regardless.

Faustek

Nah, still feel like it'll be my Zelda, Japanese third party exclusive and Captain Toad machine.
But I was never excited for it.

Ooh yeah and whenever they decide to release Super Metroid on he VC, that excites me. One of the best games still and screw any there iteration of it.

ReitStuff

The realization that I'm literally only going to be playing BOTW until Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comes out has slowly set in which kinda sucks. But it's still Zelda so who cares?

I was feeling like you were too, OP, but now I'm actually really excited to get mine. The device itself is just so cool, and I'm sure the software library and accessory pricing will improve over time. I really want this to be a success for Nintendo, because that means more games to play on it.

zoukka

I'm only more excited every day. PSVR has been an amazing experience so I guess I'm craving another innovative piece of tech and the hybrid Switch could be just that.

Wallach

no it still feels like a pre-order

but seriously no just ship me portable open world zelda, can sort out the rest later

brad-t

Much more excited about the hardware itself after the hands-on impressions. But I don't think I could be anticipating Zelda more than I already am.

Still badly want VC info.

True Fire

I pre-ordered, cancelled, pre-ordered again, and cancelled again.

At this point I'm just going to wait until Shin Megami Tensei launches.

Top Bottom