• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

NYR

Any idea on what the scroll that Arya found was saying?

Not really a spoiler as it happened in Season 1, but will spoiler it as it wasn't fully shown and to be safe:

It's the scroll from Season 1 that Cersei asked Sansa to write to her mom and Rob to try to spare Ned, asking her mom and Rob to bend the knee to Joffery.
The point of the scroll is so
Little Finger can make Ayra turn on Sansa, as it shows Sansa is not loyal.

Here is the scene from Season 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bkb6tedTRs

HvySky

Originally Posted by in first OT...
-This new idea floating around is very interesting. I'm seeing folks say what if the White Walker threat was resolved this season, and dwindles the Dany/Jon forces to the point that the Cercei/Euron actually has the upper hand in season 8? The political conflicts is the crux of the show and the series should end with Human/Human as the core plot element. 80% of the series has been about the Great Game. It should end on that note. And it would be an excusable reason to allow cersei and Jaime to persist to the end instead of "Muh Plot Armuh".
Despite it being pure conjecture I'll be sticking to this theory for now. The developments of last nights episode only make it more plausible.

The White Walkers have been the endgame since the first scene of the first episode. No way the show offs them in the span of two episodes in the penultimate season.

pablito

the hound don't do oaths vows and shit like that
but he was a kings guard

King's guard is all of expectations of an oath even if they don't specifically say words (Brienne to Renly for example). No inheritance, for life, all that shit.

FeD.nL

How did I miss Job being a Targ? When did it say who his mom was? I remember the child birth scene but nothing specific about her heritage.

S06E10 they reveal Lyanna is his mom and if Rhaegar isn't his dad colour me very surprised. Especially after this episode.

Nameless

When you only have 7 episode seasons complaining that they cut out 3 episodes worth of character building 7 seasons in seems like the go to internet reaction. It's just the usual noise from the "Bad pacing" brigade that shows up in every single OT for every single show that has ever aired an episode. I dare anyone to find an OT that doesn't have someone complain about pacing even when it isn't even really a problem. It has been more jarring this season because they usually would weave in tangential story bits with characters either in a far off place or on their way somewhere but most of the pieces are in place and we know all the characters and they really don't have time to waste if they want to finish the overall story. They still have a few of these tangential story bits, just not enough to cover all of the travel that these characters have to do.

In an ideal world every season would have been 13 episodes if they really wanted to try and cover everything in the books(guess what, the pacing would have been worse but at least try and cover all the source material). Oh and the books would have been finished in this ideal world as well.

Good post. Spot on.

televator

How did I miss Job being a Targ? When did it say who his mom was? I remember the child birth scene but nothing specific about her heritage.

Did you sleep on Bran's flashbacks? It set the whole thing up. Prince Rhaegar Targeryen took Lyanna to the tower where she gave birth to his new baby boy, Jon. He left the greatest swordsman that ever lived to defend them both, while he went to face young Robbert Baratheon on the battlefield and was killed by Robbert in 1v1. Lyanna died in what looked like the aftermath of a C section operation in birthing Jon.

It was also revealed in this last episode that Rhaegar secretly married Lyanna. Which means Jon is no bastard, but the legitimate heir to the iron throne.

No way Jorah dies. There is bound to be some payoff between Sam fixing his dragonscale and Sam going to find out Jon is a Targ and telling Jon/Dany.

The other 3 though, probably. Though a Gendry/Arya reunion might also be in the cards.

He got to token coin of death from Tyrion, dude is 100% a goner

FStubbs

I'm sad we'll never get DanyJon. Or we still could, in a Lannister way. I also don't believe Cersei is pregnant.

I think only Jaime is fooled.

There's a small chance it's Euron's. I mean, Euron bragged about the size of his phallus but I doubt it can stretch all the way from Casterly Rock.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Was slightly disappointed when I saw Gendry's hammer.

I appreciate the Stag but it looks a bit..toyish?

Tell that to him
Fpp4WFB.jpg

Hydrus

You know, everyone is tripping out about Dany being Jons aunt, but what if she isnt? What if she was adopted or not Mad king's daughter?

FStubbs

You know, everyone is tripping out about Dany being Jons aunt, but what if she isnt? What if she was adopted or not Mad king's daughter?

There's literally no way that is true unless Rhaella Targaryen did some weird time travel thing to Old Valyria and stole a dragonmaster baby.

You think Cersei would sleep with, much less get impregnated by, a Greyjoy?

There's a small chance and I mentioned why lol

Loke13

Then whose daughter would she be? And what purpose would it serve to have her not be a true Targaryen despite the fact that she you known can control dragons and is fireproof which is pretty hard evidence that she is a Targaryen

Viserys was an asshole, and planned to be king, not for her to be queen.

He would have known and would have constantly rubbed it in her face.

Glad I wasn't only one thinking Cersei isn't pregnant. But the question I asked, if she isn't, is what is going on with her? My only guess is she is sick/dying. Who knows though.

Prophecy said she would have 3 children. She already had 3 and rest of prophecy has come true, so yeah. Bullshit on her pregnancy.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I hope Sam's wife (what was her name again?) took that book with her so that there is legitimite proof to Jon being the heir to the throne.

Glad I wasn't only one thinking Cersei isn't pregnant. But the question I asked, if she isn't, is what is going on with her? My only guess is she is sick/dying. Who knows though.

Prophecy said she would have 3 children. She already had 3 and rest of prophecy has come true, so yeah. Bullshit on her pregnancy.

Unless she is pregnant and either has a miscarriage or dies before she can actually give birth. That'd still align with the prophecy and the former option would probably be the final push that leads Cersei into total madness.

But yeah, I can definitely believe that she's just making it up to keep stringing Jamie along.

Possibly. Would be fitting if she had ovarian cancer so she couldn't have any more kids. Would be the ultimate final stab in the gut for her character arx.

My only other guess, which would be silly, is that the poison she put on lips is killing her. Maybe antidote didn't completely work?

And what is posted above...good point too. Could have miscarriage.

JB1981

So they are going on a mission to capture a white and convince Cersei to fight the army of the dead? For real that's their plan?

Dany gave birth to a stillborn, monster with wings like a bat and scaly skin.

Meli gave birth to a shadow demon.

Qyburn seems to fuck around with the dark arts, maybe she's not exactly pregnant with a child in the traditional, or normal sense. If it's not a real child, prophecy doesn't matter. Doubt it, since that would be pretty bizarre at this point but who knows, I definitely ont think she's pregnant with Jaime's child though.

jmood88

When you only have 7 episode seasons complaining that they cut out 3 episodes worth of character building 7 seasons in seems like the go to internet reaction. It's just the usual noise from the "Bad pacing" brigade that shows up in every single OT for every single show that has ever aired an episode. I dare anyone to find an OT that doesn't have someone complain about pacing even when it isn't even really a problem. It has been more jarring this season because they usually would weave in tangential story bits with characters either in a far off place or on their way somewhere but most of the pieces are in place and we know all the characters and they really don't have time to waste if they want to finish the overall story. They still have a few of these tangential story bits, just not enough to cover all of the travel that these characters have to do.

In an ideal world every season would have been 13 episodes if they really wanted to try and cover everything in the books(guess what, the pacing would have been worse but at least try and cover all the source material). Oh and the books would have been finished in this ideal world as well.
"Pacing" has just become yet another catch-all term for whatever people don't like.

UrbanRats

Not really a spoiler as it happened in Season 1, but will spoiler it as it wasn't fully shown and to be safe:

It's the scroll from Season 1 that Cersei asked Sansa to write to her mom and Rob to try to spare Ned, asking her mom and Rob to bend the knee to Joffery.
The point of the scroll is so
Little Finger can make Ayra turn on Sansa, as it shows Sansa is not loyal.

Here is the scene from Season 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bkb6tedTRs
That may be the dumbest plan yet.
Why would Arya turn on her, even though that letter was obviously coerced out of Sansa? A dumb character would get this, but Arya is even supposed to be relatively smart.

Possibly. Would be fitting if she had ovarian cancer so she couldn't have any more kids. Would be the ultimate final stab in the gut for her character arx.

My only other guess, which would be silly, is that the poison she put on lips is killing her. Maybe antidote didn't completely work?

And what is posted above...good point too. Could have miscarriage.

Ovarian cancer definitely sounds like a plausible option too. It'd certainly be poetic.

I just feel like something is going to happen that leads to Cersei going full Mad Queen on everyone and forces Jamie's hand in becoming a Queenslayer. Her having a miscarriage or learning that she can't actually have any more children due to ovarian cancer would definitely fit the bill.

So they are going on a mission to capture a white and convince Cersei to fight the army of the dead? For real that's their plan?

Not just Cersei, but the South.

Like it or not, this isn't going to end with everyone's favorites/morally good characters vs. White Walkers.

It's going to be everyone, both good and bad vs. the WW's. As it should be.

"Pacing" and the complaints about it has just become yet another catch-all term for whatever people don't like.

Yeah, and the complaint usually go hand in hand with the words "It's just bad writing".

OMG!!!!! I know what Bran will do!!!!!!

Bran will open a portal to let Rick Grimes and crew in to save the day from the Walkers.....

Hydrus

She's immune to fire and can control dragons. Think anyone can do that?

Valyrians? Targaryens were a family, was it not?

Then whose daughter would she be? And what purpose would it serve to have her not be a true Targaryen despite the fact that she you known can control dragons and is fireproof which is pretty hard evidence that she is a Targaryen

Maybe Madkings wife cheated on him?

OMG!!!!! I know what Bran will do!!!!!!

Bran will open a portal to let Rick Grimes and crew in to save the day from the Walkers.....

Oh please...

If Bran wanted to actually get shit done, he'd open a portal to let Rick Sanchez in to fix the whole White Walker mess. *wink wink*

But yeah, our Dream Team is a perfectly fine line-up for next week anyway.

Oh please...

If Bran wanted to actually get shit done, he'd open a portal to let Rick Sanchez in to fix the whole White Walker mess. *wink wink*

But yeah, our Dream Team is a perfectly fine line-up for next week anyway.
There is really only one man you call when you want to keep unwanted things on the other side of a wall. He might be a little racist. A little sexist. But he'll get the job done
never

Top Bottom