• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Bundle Thread - There's another one?

zulux21

Depth Hunter isn't on Steam, is it?

I don't see it on steam, but it's also not unheard of for games to make their Steam debut in an indie bundle.

looking at the screens for depth hunter it seems like a decent guess.

it seems like Alien Hallway is one of the games as the scenes in the trailer seem to match the scenes in the IFK trailer.

some other people outside of here are thinking the first game is Depth Hunter as well, but it seems like no one has a real idea on the other two games that I can find yet.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Well this is stupid. >:|

Amazon won't let me use Payments for my bundle because there's a charity component, but I'm pretty damn sure Humble Bundle uses Amazon Payments. We're set up the same way, we're doing the same thing, I don't see why they get away with it.

Well this is stupid. >:|

Amazon won't let me use Payments for my bundle because there's a charity component, but I'm pretty damn sure Humble Bundle uses Amazon Payments. We're set up the same way, we're doing the same thing, I don't see why they get away with it.

Now that I think about it, didn't Humble Bundle have some problems with Amazon at some point? Maybe they somehow reached an agreement.

eldoon

In the works
http://spacebundle.com/

Binary Helix, makers of the living world space combat RPG "Dangerous" are looking for fellow space sim game makers to build the greatest indie space bundle there ever was. Please email linh@binaryhelix.com if you're interested in submitting your game.

So the other day, I got an email from the developer of Dangerous, Linh Ngo, about the possibility of a space game specific indie bundle. Here’s what he said in his email:

After a flash of insight, I’m trying to get the Space Bundle off the ground seeing as there’s never been anything like it. I’m in the process of putting together the spacebundle.com website and am contacting various space game developers to see if they’d like be in on the first one. Obviously, our game Dangerous will be included. :) I’m trying for diversity in the types of space games: RPG, 4X, RTS, etc., trying to pick non-mainstreamed titles opting for the less known developers, and I’m following the interface and pricing as in bundles past, like the Humble Bundle. We’ll also pick a charity or two as is the norm.

So I said I’d help get the word out, of course. :) Therefore, if any indie space game developers read this, and would like to get in on this action, pleas email Linh and express your interest. I know there are a lot of bundles out there right now, but having a genre-specific one I think would be an awesome thing. :) Thanks folks!

Could a be really interesting bundle

Hop

Now that I think about it, didn't Humble Bundle have some problems with Amazon at some point? Maybe they somehow reached an agreement.

Presumably.

Ah well, I went and implemented Google Checkout instead. Was actually rather painless.

Hop

Stumpo might be a little disappointed in me for this (as if the shitty servers weren't reason enough), but- a couple artists in the Indie Allstars bundle wanted to unload some swag and CDs, so the top contributors as of the end of the bundle will be offered some CDs and t-shirts and the like. Everyone on the leaderboard gets prizes, but so do a bunch of people not on the leaderboard, so it's not like you have to dish out huge amounts to get some CDs.

tsab

Stumpo might be a little disappointed in me for this (as if the shitty servers weren't reason enough), but- a couple artists in the Indie Allstars bundle wanted to unload some swag and CDs, so the top contributors as of the end of the bundle will be offered some CDs and t-shirts and the like. Everyone on the leaderboard gets prizes, but so do a bunch of people not on the leaderboard, so it's not like you have to dish out huge amounts to get some CDs.

Sounds awesome.
I haven't had the chance to hear the music yet, the torrents hadn't any seeders. Probably I'll download them via ftp and seed them myself for the other users.

DagsJT

"Indie Royale - the ALL-CHARITY LIGHTNING PACK" just launched.

Features:

- Osmos
- B.U.T.T.O.N.
- The Shivah
- Blueberry Garden

The_End

Indie Royale's newest bundle the All-Charity lightning pack is now live:

Osmos - for: steam (pc and mac), windows, mac, linux, desura
B.U.T.T.O.N. - for: steam (pc), windows, desura
The Shivah - for: windows, desura
Blueberry Garden - for: steam (pc), windows, desura

All proceeds (after credit card fees) goes to the following charities:
Amnesty International
EFF
Action Aid
Unicef

In the checkout page you can even use the slider to select how much you want to go to each charity.

EDIT: Looks like I was beaten.

New Groupees bundle incoming.

Build a Bundle Promo

I like how they just say "Starts week of May 21" :lol I wonder if they'll be able to launch it without problems this time.

Anyways, next week is going to be so good: New Groupees Bundle, Bundle in a Box and Because We May promo! (and who knows when the next Indie Gala or Humble Bundle will appear). I'm sorry, Steam, but I'm not going to be able to buy too much stuff during the Summer sale.

http://groupees.com/bab
Build a bundle is out
the steam key for Darkling Room Dark Fall: Lost Souls does not appear at the moment but the rest seem to work.

That's a pretty crappy bundle. Most of the games are repeats form previous bundles, and the minimum price just rises every time you add more games. This is not "Pay what you want". Humble Bundle seems to be the only people who understand bundles, with quality games and actually allowing you to pay as you please.

Catshade

Humble Bundle seems to be the only people who understand bundles, with quality games and actually allowing you to pay as you please.

Yeah, but they have effectively crippled the bundle (no Steam key, no BTA games) if you pay below a certain amount or below the average. And they've started repeating some games, too.

Hop

Humble Bundle seems to be the only people who understand bundles, with quality games and actually allowing you to pay as you please.

I would get all "I understand bundles too" except I pretty much just copied Humble straight-up so it just proves your argument.

Yeah, but they have effectively crippled the bundle (no Steam key, no BTA games) if you pay below a certain amount or below the average. And they've started repeating some games, too.

The $1 minimum for Steam keys seems fair to me (though it was raised to $5 for Botanicula as it was it's release date), but I agree that the beat-the-average system is incredibly annoying and defeats the purpose of a pay-what-you-want bundle.

So, what's the word on the new new Build a Bundle games? I think I'm going to buy Diamond Dan, Lightfish and NecrovisioN or Dark Fall: Lost Souls, is any of them pure crap?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
The $1 minimum for Steam keys seems fair to me (though it was raised to $5 for Botanicula as it was it's release date), but I agree that the beat-the-average system is incredibly annoying and defeats the purpose of a pay-what-you-want bundle.
Is the $5 minimum not a permanent change? I was under the impression that it was.

Is the $5 minimum not a permanent change? I was under the impression that it was.

I read somewhere, I believe from Humble Bundle themselves, that this was only temporary in order to not permanently cannibalize the sales of a newly launched game. It would supposedly return to $1 minimum for Steam keys.

Wok

So, what's the word on the new new Build a Bundle games? I think I'm going to buy Diamond Dan, Lightfish and NecrovisioN or Dark Fall: Lost Souls, is any of them pure crap?

I only know Diamond Dan, I have played it for four hours and I dislike it.

As for LightFish, there is a demo on Steam. It is Fortix.

ZenaxPure

The build a bundle page layout is pretty confusing and doesn't give great info: does every one of these games activate on Steam? I see it mentioned a few posts up about one of the games being on Steam but I honestly couldn't find info on the site if every game did or not.

I am thinking about it for Sideway New York alone, always thought that game looked kinda neat.

Baha

The build a bundle page layout is pretty confusing and doesn't give great info: does every one of these games activate on Steam? I see it mentioned a few posts up about one of the games being on Steam but I honestly couldn't find info on the site if every game did or not.

I am thinking about it for Sideway New York alone, always thought that game looked kinda neat.

If you click on a game it should say at the bottom of the blurb if it's drm free or steam key.

ZenaxPure

If you click on a game it should say at the bottom of the blurb if it's drm free or steam key.

Cool, thanks! Didn't notice them because they are in the same paragraph as the blurb about the game.

Guess I will get Sideway, just need to decide on two others. Haven't even heard of half of these games tbh.

Wok

Cool, thanks! Didn't notice them because they are in the same paragraph as the blurb about the game.

Guess I will get Sideway, just need to decide on two others. Haven't even heard of half of these games tbh.

Sideway is a good choice, it is an okay platformer. If you like 2D platformers, take BEEP. I don't know about Nikopol, I own it but have not played it yet. Xotic and The Ball are okay, but I would go with The Ball because Xotic gets repetitive.

I've heard of minimum payment but minimum games? I guess its there as processing low payments isn't viable.

So Lightfish and erm, I guess caster (it has an OST is my sole purchase decision) and something that was not in bemine 1...

Baha

Did anybody else who purchased a bundle containing Dark Fall: Lost Souls not get a steam key? My friend bought a bundle but it only has an .exe file download. The main page says that it's a steam key + drm-free download.

Did anybody else who purchased a bundle containing Dark Fall: Lost Souls not get a steam key? My friend bought a bundle but it only has an .exe file download. The main page says that it's a steam key + drm-free download.

There is a problem right now with the Steam keys. They will be added later.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, I decided to grab a few games from that Bundle. Necrovision, Diamond Dan, LightFish, and Caster. They are games I don't own and seem fun, not to bad for $3.75. Now to put them into steam and maybe one day play them.

The Bundle in a Box is live

Games:
Gemini Rue (DRM Free, Steam, Desura)
Ben There, Dan That! + Time Gentleman, Please! (DRM Free, Steam, Desura)
The Sea Will Claim Everything(DRM Free)
1893: A World's Fair Mystery(DRM Free)

Beating the average will give you The Shivah (DRM Free) and Metal Dead (DRM Free, Desura). There are also unlock able soundtracks for Gemini Rue and The Shivah and the Metal Dead Booklet after a certain sales threshold is met.

EDIT: The minimum price is 2.99$ right now, but it will decrease after 500 sales

Wok

I like the design.

Zy51C.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm a lot less impressed by Bundle in a Box than I thought I would be based on all the time and effort the guy seemed to be putting into getting it ready.

zulux21

I'm a lot less impressed by Bundle in a Box than I thought I would be based on all the time and effort the guy seemed to be putting into getting it ready.

Well for the price it's not a horrible bundle, the issue is that the big draw games (the steam games) have previously been featured in bundles. I am curious to see how much the min price drops once they hit 500 sales though.

Wok

Well for the price it's not a horrible bundle, the issue is that the big draw games (the steam games) have previously been featured in bundles. I am curious to see how much the min price drops once they hit 500 sales though.

5 cents less. The next price drop is for the next 500 sales milestone.

Top Bottom