• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

I got a steam key for Titan attack pretty quickly (Already have revenge of the titans so I didn't try for that one)

For the other two games I have a "confirmed purchase" email but it says they are still processing the order.

ShaneB

Heroes of M&M 6, and Clash of Heroes (free weekend) are both 50% off, weekend deal.
Wargame 40% off.

Daily is Nuclear Dawn, 66% off.

HoosTrax

Heroes VI has Ubi DRM, M&M Clash of Heroes does not (seems to support the usual spread of Steam features instead). I wonder if the horrifically slow AI from Heroes V was ever improved in the new game.

I guess I'll try Clash of Heroes, although at first glance, it does make me question whether it was designed as a mobile game originally.

cicero

Apparently Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - I Am the Boss DLC didn't also get the usual markdown along with main game.

HoosTrax

it was originally made for the DS then ported to consoles and then finally PC
Hmm interesting. So it plays well on the TV with a 360 controller then, I assume? I'm getting flashbacks to playing the horribly buggy version of HoMM for Gameboy...

How the heck do I try the free full version to begin with? I just see an add to cart button...

Hmm interesting. So it plays well with on the TV with a 360 controller then, I assume?

How the heck do I try the free full version to begin with? I just see an add to cart button...

It should be in you library automatically.

Is this one of those 'I need an American billing/shipping address' to buy it?
You just need ANY US address, it doesn't need to be associated with your credit card.

Nabs

Hmm interesting. So it plays well with on the TV with a 360 controller then, I assume?

It should be in your Steam list already. Restart Steam if you can't install it.

Is this one of those 'I need an American billing/shipping address' to buy it?

I think all Amazon DD purchases require it.

gabbo

It should be in you library automatically.

You just need ANY US address, it doesn't need to be associated with your credit card.

I have yet to actually make a purchase that required it, so I wasn't sure which needed to be American. Thanks for the heads up (you too, Nabs). I'll think it over.

ngt

zEFpQ.png

What did you connect him to he got so upset?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
His desktop wallpaper was a threat of switching to Origin. Being a genuine Steam Admin, he became enraged.

Tried em both out, Titan Attacks is ok, but still a pretty basic shmup with upgrades.

Revenge of the Titans, though, with it's persistent cash, tower upgrades and purchases, THAT'S a game I could really sink my teeth into. Just a damn shame they couldn't put in some kinda multiplayer.

Mairu

Debating whether I want to pick up Heroes 6 or not. I've been waiting for it to go on sale, but I'm kinda busy lately so maybe I should wait for it to go even lower later in the year...

mrgone

Crap, puppygames.net is having some issues. The purchase page for any of the games immediately redirects to a new page that consists of "Due to technical difficulties, this page has been removed. Please check back soon."

The_End

Crap, puppygames.net is having some issues. The purchase page for any of the games immediately redirects to a new page that consists of "Due to technical difficulties, this page has been removed. Please check back soon."

The technical difficulties is probably that people are placing multiple orders. It was supposed to be one game per person, but obviously a lot of people are exploiting the giveaway.

grkazan12

Got an extra beta invitation for Counter-Strike GO, so for anyone who's longing to try out GO quote this post and you shall receive. gogogogo.

Just realized the new Cities in Motion DLC is ULM! The city I live in. That is so weird. It's a rather small (but beautiful) German city, and I have no idea why they'd choose it.

I think I need to buy this now.

Dreavus

Tried em both out, Titan Attacks is ok, but still a pretty basic shmup with upgrades.

Revenge of the Titans, though, with it's persistent cash, tower upgrades and purchases, THAT'S a game I could really sink my teeth into. Just a damn shame they couldn't put in some kinda multiplayer.

Revenge of the Titans is good, but the persistence can actually play against you in the later levels and there's not much you can do to fix it. I'm currently stuck somewhere near the end of the game without enough cash to complete the mission, and I've tried many many times with what I've got. AFAIK, you can't go back and "improve" your earlier levels to get more cash, so at this point I might have to restart from scratch.

All I can say is: pay attention to what the scientists are saying. They hint at what you'll need coming up but don't explicitly say it until it's too late. One problem I ran into was a certain enemy that could only be hurt by a specific tower, but it was at the end of a 2-3 stage research tree that I hadn't started researching yet. I ended up having to brute force my way through the mission, but wasted a lot of money in the process which likely contributed to my lack of funds later on.

I don't want to sound down on the game, because it's not bad, just tricky to manage. It requires you to be as efficient as possible and to plan far into the future, but without having played the game before that can be a bit difficult.

Sendou

Drats. I'm too slow. Thanks anyway.

Did they send out more beta invites recently?

Don't know about that but I received this extra copy along with a message that said something like "CS is better with friends so here's a extra copy of CS:GO beta"

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm fairly interested in Titan Attacks but mostly interested in Ultratron, have been for a while. Checkout is under embargo right now so hopefully they get the abuse problems sorted out.

zkylon

zkylewd
But only Mount and Blade:Warband is good right? still have a good community?

I've always wanted to try it
Buy Warband, don't bother with M&B or With Fire and Sword. The singleplayer of Warband is the most fun of them all and it's got a ton of mods to add things like muskets and cannons if you want something like that.

With Fire and Sword isn't that bad, but it's nowhere near Warband-quality.

When I see Avernum and Grimrock right next to each other in the new releases and when I see Grimrock charting as the top seller, I think this industry is not so fucked up and can actually be saved.

I just need time to play on my PC. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom