• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather Halloween be in October, but that's a really brutal gap if there's nothing until then(JP event started Oct 21st, 2 months from today). They can move up Okeanos or GudaGuda if needed.
Preferably Okeanos, since the apples from Halloween will help with GudaGuda.

Kenai

I'd rather Halloween be in October, but that's a really brutal gap if there's nothing until then(JP event started Oct 21st, 2 months from today). They can move up Okeanos or GudaGuda if needed.

Okeanos should definitely be in September. No reason for it not to be.

Kieli

I need Okeanos if not for the snake jewels. I'll be damned if I'm gonna try and farm them with the current 1.2% drop rate.

The good news is that future events will let you control exactly what kind of event item you want to boost.

Like, say, if three kinds of items drop, there will be a CE for boosting each kind.

chrono01

The good news is that future events will let you control exactly what kind of event item you want to boost.

Like, say, if three kinds of items drop, there will be a CE for boosting each kind.
I still think it's backwards how the "rare" item for the Moon Goddess event is the lesser-desired one. They should have made the silver chest/regular dango as the ones you traded in, and the red/premium dango as the ones worth full-value. I think the goal was to get players to hate red chests, so they didn't feel as bad when they didn't drop in the daily grinding.

Slashlen

Browsing through cirno, I haven't seen another event that has the dango-style drops. Every one I see has a more Nero-style one with a bronze, silver, and gold drop.

I suspect they just messed up with this event and that grinding the 5AP endlessly and getting angry over red chests was not the plan. I'm not sure what was the plan though, the shop's not that realistic if you're not grinding 5AP. Maybe there just wasn't a plan.

Browsing through cirno, I haven't seen another event that has the dango-style drops. Every one I see has a more Nero-style one with a bronze, silver, and gold drop.

I suspect they just messed up with this event and that grinding the 5AP endlessly and getting angry over red chests was not the plan. I'm not sure what was the plan though, the shop's not that realistic if you're not grinding 5AP. Maybe there just wasn't a plan.

My guess is they couldn't program a better way to unlock story quests using drops at that point.

chrono01

Down to the HP Fou, Assassin/Rider pieces, and XP cards. In that order, or otherwise?
I'd go:

HP Fou > Assassin/Rider Pieces > EXP Cards

The reason I placed the Pieces second, is because you'll probably gather more than you need just farming the dailies (where you can't farm for Fou). If it were the Monuments it'd be no question, but as it is I personally place the Pieces a bit below the Fou.

kewlmyc

Don't worry about that. Future events no longer have 5 AP grinds. And the quantity of waifus will soon be beyond the ability of mortal men to comprehend, unless they are whales.

What's the alternative to 5AP grinds? 30AP grinds where you have to essentially pay to farm due to apples being so rare?

chrono01

It's Orion any good? Dunno if i should try rolling for her. I have gil for an archer already too.
You already have the best Archer in-game (well, tied with Summer Artoria anyway), you have absolutely zero need for Orion. Even with her dumplings, you probably wouldn't use her much.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
1200px-Xiao_Long_Bao_at_Nanxiang_Mantou_Dian_1.jpg

wink.gif

Articalys

There's a place near my office that offers three random types of dumplings every day. Now you've convinced me to stop by tomorrow and see if any of them strike my fancy.

Azusa

What's the alternative to 5AP grinds? 30AP grinds where you have to essentially pay to farm due to apples being so rare?

What? You dont need to pay. Just use apples or your natural regen AP to farm.

In the all future events the best farm nodes will be 40AP(or 30APis there is no 40AP). No more 5AP hell.

kewlmyc

What? You dont need to pay. Just use apples or your natural regen AP to farm.

In the all future events the best farm nodes will be 40AP(or 30APis there is no 40AP). No more 5AP hell.

I meant since apples are so rare, the only alternative is using quartz.

Or do apples become more readily available in the future? I haven't found a way to earn them in game yet.

Man the 5AP grind is brutal. I'm done with monuments, so pieces and Fou left. Pieces are more efficient AP wise, but I still have a lot left from farming last time. Fou are only available from Mana Prism store, but it seems like we'll be getting monthly restocks.

PSA, the MP store is restocking in 9 daysm so remember to get your summoning tix b4 that

Mupod

I don't have much drive to grind for rider or assassin monuments because from the regular daily I got 15+ of those each before I got the 9 berserker monuments I needed for vlad/tamacat. But I'll buy as many as I can.

deanote666

What's the best mission for saber pieces?

What's a good number of monuments to get from the event? I'm no where near able to use any yet where I am at.

Pejo

Ok got all monuments/pieces, got the 500 CE. Going to dump all the rest that I get into ATK Fou. Let's see how many I can get over the next day.

What's a good number of monuments to get from the event? I'm no where near able to use any yet where I am at.

Prioritize based on the servants you have.

If you don't have any particularly strong servants in any of the monument classes, focus on rider and assassin monuments if you plan to roll for Francis Drake and/or Jack the Ripper later in the year. Or focus on archer monuments if you plan to raise a 3* archer - by the end of the year there will be several good ones.

Got the Fest from the Dango shop and two from drops, and a Bath from the Sunday ticket. Also got all pieces and monuments. I'm just farming for Dragon Teeth and the Fous.

Laiza

Prioritize based on the servants you have.

If you don't have any particularly strong servants in any of the monument classes, focus on rider and assassin monuments if you plan to roll for Francis Drake and/or Jack the Ripper later in the year. Or focus on archer monuments if you plan to raise a 3* archer - by the end of the year there will be several good ones.
Don't forget about Oda Nobunaga, the free 4* archer we'll get before the end of the year. Speaking of, wonder when they'll time the GudaGuda event...

elty

Managed to get a CE drop, better late than never.

So I only have piece and Fou (and XP). I guess I will get the archer piece and the ATK Fou only.

T-Rex.

Banned
I managed to make it through the event without a single heart dropping. I was getting really worried on my last run since the daemon finally dropped something, but fortunately there was no need for concern, it was just a gold Caster exp card.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I managed to make it through the event without a single heart dropping. I was getting really worried on my last run since the daemon finally dropped something, but fortunately there was no need for concern, it was just a gold Caster exp card.

I've gotten 2 EXP card drops and 1 heart.

A couple seed drops though on the 5 AP! So that's something I guess.

Just trying to see how many Fou cards I can pick up before the event ends at this point.

elty

EXP card actually look like a good buy.

3* EXP (for mana prism)

30AP gives about 7-9 mana prism
= 3.75 AP per mana prism, if you only do this once for the bonus then it is 2.72 AP per prism

1 CE = 16 dumplings per 5 AP = 1.6 prism per run = 3.125 AP per mana prism
2 CE = 22 dumplings per 5 AP = 2.2 prism per run = 2.27 AP per mana prism
3 CE = 28 dumplings per 5 AP = 2.8 prism per run = 1.78 AP per mana prism

4* EXP

40AP gives about 7-9 4* EXP
= 5 AP per 4* EXP

1 CE = 16 dumplings per 5 AP = 0.8 per run = 6 AP per 4* EXP
2 CE = 22 dumplings per 5 AP = 1.1 per run = 4.55 AP per 4* EXP
3 CE = 28 dumplings per 5 AP = 1.4 per run = 3.57 AP per 4* EXP

You lose out on master EXP, but gain more friend points/

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
How many runs are you getting in per day would you say?

About 125 AP per run, so about two runs a day after AP refills. 3 runs a day if I happen to level up along the way. I'd say about 3-4 days of the event I was focused on the 30 AP grind, rest of the time has been 5 AP grinding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom