• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gal Gadot to Play Wonder Woman in ‘Batman vs. Superman’

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure she'll be great.
Unpopular opinion but: I believe in Snyder.
He goin make a good flick

He fumbled Superman in a relatively simple movie structure. I shudder to think what on Earth he's going to do with Batman, Wonder Woman and (as rumoured) Nightwing added to that, with two of them going to be introduced to audiences for the first time.

This would be like Thor turning up in the Avengers without his solo movie having happened first, and without his backstory being set up at all.

overcast

Already don't believe in Goyer/Snyder. Don't think they need to cram Batman and Superman in one movie. Don't like the Affleck casting. Don't need Wonder Woman thrown in as well. She needs some weight put on badly.

Disaster coming.

Tom_Cody

It should have been Jamie Alexander.

HFolHYh.gif

Jaimie Alexander is now at home crying herself to sleep.

0COsuJC.gif

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
At this point I'd be happier if DC concentrated its efforts on the small screen. Barring heavy hitters like Superman and Batman, pretty much every character in DC's roster could have his/her own TV show. Arrow works incredibly well and Wonder Woman could be even better if they gave her an actual budget and some HBO production values.

MisterHero

He fumbled Superman in a relatively simple movie structure. I shudder to think what on Earth he's going to do with Batman, Wonder Woman and (as rumoured) Nightwing added to that, with two of them going to be introduced to audiences for the first time.

This would be like Thor turning up in the Avengers without his solo movie having happened first, and without his backstory being set up at all.
It's not entirely Snyder's fault. Remember, they're using New52 as the 'inspiration' for all their modern multimedia projects. That includes mashing their characters' continuities together so they can also have a crappy Justice League book running the same time.

oh dc

Considering the disparity in their respective movie grosses, id say plenty of people watched Avengers without having seen Thor or his backstory and provably didn't care. Most people know enough about these characters. They just want to see them on screen kicking ass and blowing shit up.

FairyD

Hopefully she bulks up a little. I've always pictured WW as looking like someone who could rip you in half without any effort.

At this point I'd be happier if DC concentrated its efforts on the small screen. Barring heavy hitters like Superman and Batman, pretty much every character in DC's rooster could have his/her own TV show. Arrow works incredibly well and Wonder Woman could be even better if they gave her an actual budget and some HBO production values.

Where is this rooster you speak of?

Also, a Suicide Squad would have been cool. Make it more in line with Alias meets the A Team.

Any Alternate Gaffers out there have a copy? I'd love to give it a watch. Is Alternate Robert Downey Jr. in the film? Or is it Alternate Christian Bale?

It was a one man movie performed by Sam Worthington.

gal-gadot-in-bed_99875-1400x1050.jpg

she looks diana-ish here. her wikipedia states she served as a sports trainer during her two year service with the israeli army, so it's not like she's someone without any experience of rigorous training. i have no doubt she can start eating and training for the role like every other actor/actress does.

i wont give up hope for this movie to be better than the first just yet. lynn collins would've been better, but what we have now...isn't tooooo terrible.

i didnt like man of steel. it wasnt very good.

but the more i hear about this movie, the messier it sounds and the more im interested in seeing just how bad its actually going to be.

i want to think that maybe thats the strategy to get people who hated the first back in the theater because im legitimately anticipating it at this point.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
No chance in hell she will show up in costume without a muscular shape

Considering the disparity in their respective movie grosses, id say plenty of people watched Avengers without having seen Thor or his backstory and provably didn't care. Most people know enough about these characters. They just want to see them on screen kicking ass and blowing shit up.

We literally just had the Superman origin in the previous movie in this series. The fact that people already know these characters is provably not a factor.

The Avengers worked because they didn't feel like they had to explain the characters, because they'd already been set up. They don't have to, but Synder and co. are going to attempt to explain who Diana is in this movie, and it's going to crush under its own weight.

Nesotenso

Bulk up please.

And this movie is too crowded now. This is like the reverse Marvel approach. Except the showrunners here are incompetent.

I think WW presents more difficulty because there are no amazon body builder actresses, most leading ladies are pretty petite in Hollywood and as shallow as it is, you do have to deal with things like "how hot is she?" because let's be honest, these movies are aimed at predominately young male audience. I don't care for the casting either, I just don't think there was a perfect choice out there. It's a lot harder than finding a handsome, fit actor to play your typical male superhero.

I'll agree with that. It was never going to be easy casting, there was never going to be anyone for WW like, say, RDJ for Tony Stark. I just think their choice makes me feel like they never bothered rising up to the challenge the role presents. I'm not going to be naive and claim the "how hot is she?" factor isn't important - sadly, it's absolutely important - but I can't help thinking that's all they considered here.

For what it's worth, my choice would have been Hayley Atwell, previous Marvel appearances be damned. But maybe that's equally shit.

Veelk

Banned
As long as synder is at the helm, there is essentially no chance of this being good. Dude makes marvelous action scenes and has an eye for iconic imagery, but he just does not get characters, especially when they are suppose to be based in idealism.

I also find the Sif fixation gaf has to be wierd. She basically does nothing in both movies she appears in. You guys can't be saying she's a good pick for a warrior woman bbased on anything besides how hot she is.

Effect

I've enjoyed Gal Gadot in other films. Should be interesting to see how she does here. I'm glad also that any consideration of how Wonder Woman looks in the comics was tossed out as well. That was never going to work and it's something I'm glad they didn't look to to much when it came to the animated film they did.

I love her accent in the Fast & Furious films but never seen her interviewed so not sure if that was just for the films or if she has one normally.

I do expect some hate from people saying she doesn't look the part but acting ability is more important. Also they were never going to cast someone that looked the way Wonder Woman does in present day comics. That's a complete unrealistic and unacceptable design to begin with when doing a live action version of the character.

Also for those concerned about muscle I'd like someone to answer a question. If Wonder Woman is suppose to be gifted with her power from the gods, etc why would she look like she spent 4 or 5 days out of the week in the gym while drinking muscle supplements? Why wouldn't she be thin (not to say Gal Gadot won't be hitting the gym in order to get in shape to do the stunts, etc) if she's had no major reason to get bulked up over her life? Even thin she should still be super strong capable of being in a fight with someone like Superman. Comic art typically deals in completely unrealistic depictions of human body proportions.

Oh, well that's a bit disappointing. He's a good actor in the alternate universe, then? How was his Wonder Woman?

He really made it his own. In fact, Wonder Woman has become a highly sought after role along with the greats like Richard III, Lear and Willy Loman.

I'm not a casting expert and i know i'm in the 1% who is cool with Affleck. But this isn't good. She has a good tough chick vibe but that's about it. If she puts on enough weight/muscle i can see it working. I guess we'll see.

Trey

Give her 15-20 lbs and she'll look the part. Biggest concern will be if she can act the part though, because people are going to have eagle eye scrutiny when it comes to Wonder Woman.

LiK

Give her 15-20 lbs and she'll look the part. Biggest concern will be if she can act the part though, because people are going to have eagle eye scrutiny when it comes to Wonder Woman.

She's not even that great an actress. She just kinda stands there in the FF movies. Ah well.

I'm a proponent of a sexy, less muscular Wonder Woman, but my goodness - someone feed her some Burger King or something ASAP. That woman is thin as hell. She needs to add a good 10-20 lbs or so before they start filming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom