• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
mh venom it's not my type, I would like a ranged hero a little more killer.
Viper, Clinkz, Weaver, Drow, Nature's Prophet, Outworld Destroyer, Storm Spirit.

Of those, only Viper, Clinkz and Weaver are somewhat easier to play than the others.

Haly

Awful ranged hero is awful.

His core build is an agi stacking nuker. That says everything you need to know about morph.

Haly

A Morphling let my family die because he wasn't AM or Void or Drow or something.

Fuck him.

ksan

A Morphling let my family die because he wasn't AM or Void or Drow or something.

Fuck him.

Ok, I'm sorry, but every morphling isn't created equal. He might have just needed the nutrition and care of a tri-lane to work really well.
And he scales really well with levels and items, but takes some effort to play.

I wouldn't really recommend him to a newer player though.

Haly

Morphling's main problem is that, to stand up against other hard carries, he needs a significant gold advantage, which is problematic considering his abysmal farm and early game.

His other problem is lololol 285 movespeed.

ksan

Morphling's main problem is that, to stand up against other hard carries, he needs a significant gold advantage, which is problematic considering his abysmal farm and early game.

His other problem is lololol 285 movespeed.

I don't agree at all, I'd say he's at least as good with equal items but it's just harder to farm them.
And abysmal early game? What do you mean with that? It's true that he might need a tri-lane more than some other hard carrys, but on the other hand he has a great nuke where he can dominate those lanes and get kills.

Haly

He has burst, I'll give you that. Putting him with VS or SK is basically free kills all day.

Otherwise I don't think much of him.

I prefer Spec as my go-to 30 minute AFK farm hero.

Finalow

Viper, Clinkz, Weaver, Drow, Nature's Prophet, Outworld Destroyer, Storm Spirit.

Of those, only Viper, Clinkz and Weaver are somewhat easier to play than the others.
I don't like Viper. never tried Clinkz. I don't like Drow. How do I kill with Prophet? It's more like a very good support imho, but I guess I can try him. I don't like OD and I suck with SS.

about Weaver, dunno, never understood how to play him, maybe I should check a build or something.

btw a good guide for animation cancelling?

if you can farm that, then the game is already over or your carrys are just underfed and it is really bad vs good players
Refresher + Scepter is very easy to farm with Zeus, I'm finding.

Edit: unless your team is terribad. Just spend 40 minutes with a Huskar hard carry that goes
0/16/10, building only an Earn, Iron Will Hat and Power Treads...in 40 minutes!
HOW. How GAF, How.

ksan

He has burst, I'll give you that. Putting him with VS or SK is basically free kills all day.

Otherwise I don't think much of him.

I prefer Spec as my go-to 30 minute AFK farm hero.

He has an undeservingly bad reputation, that's my point really, and he has a quite unique playstyle (which I really enjoy)
Too many people buy into the "meta-game" of the pros as something stale and that it's always correct, and throw shit at some heroes that aren't being picked without evaluating them rationally.
I won't say that morphling is as good, but DS is a good example of a hero that was never used but was still incredibly strong pre-patch (and coL managed to show it, which changed everything)

And morphling has more than burst... :mad:

Haly

How do I kill with Prophet?
AFK farm in jungle until you get Midas and Desolator/Sheepstick. Then port around the map and instantly add +1 to any gank.
about Weaver, dunno, never understood how to play him, maybe I should check a build or something.
Mind games. I consider Weaver easy to play because I'm used to playing mind game heroes, so I guess there's some bias there.
btw a good guide for animation cancelling?
None that i know of, sorry.
He has an undeservingly bad reputation, that's my point really, and he has a quite unique playstyle (which I really enjoy)
Too many people buy into the "meta-game" of the pros as something stale and that it's always correct, and throw shit at some heroes that aren't being picked without evaluating them rationally.
Well actually, I'm not really privy to the ways of the competitive meta and it's not how I draw my opinions on this hero or that. My problem with Morphling is that his execution level is too high for what amounts to a decent AGI carry. With certain heroes, I see them get picked and I think "oh shit, need to tryhard this asshole so he doesn't go bonkers late game". I never get that reaction with Morphling, he's just a nonissue in most pub players' hands.
And morphling has more than burst... :mad:
Well he also has 152 hp/sec self heal :p

ksan

Well actually, I'm not really privy to the ways of the competitive meta and it's not how I draw my opinions on this hero or that. My problem with Morphling is that his execution level is too high for what amounts to a decent AGI carry. With certain heroes, I see them get picked and I think "oh shit, need to tryhard this asshole so he doesn't go bonkers late game". I never get that reaction with Morphling, he's just a nonissue in most pub players' hands.

It was definitely not an accusation against you! Just how I feel about the general discussion.
You argued your point, and you might be right, and I'm sure people get a lot more out of our exchange (if anyone cares to read :lol) than the people telling each other they're trash in this thread t_t

Well he also has 152 hp/sec self heal :p

He can be built for insane sustainable damage too, and with the buffed 10 sec cd adaptive strike I feel that it can be used to control battles with other means than damage better than many other carries too.

Thinking back, I might agree partly with that he needs more items in a way. He needs more items to get to the point of being really useful, but once he has reached that point he is just as amazing as any other carry.

Haly

Get crunched ezez CY@ dumpstered etc.

And yeah I agree, too many idiots blindly following the comp scene.

Finalow

ok thx, anther question: how do I become good with anti-mage? I would live to use him properly.

and again, you guys are playing in teams or something? Come on, any neogaf team? Any chan somewhere? I'm tired of playing pub alone. =/

Haly

ok thx, anther question: how do I become good with anti-mage? I would live to use him properly.

and again, you guys are playing in teams or something? Come on, any neogaf team? Any chan somewhere? I'm tired of playing pub alone. =/
There is a channel, and there are groups from time to time.

Look for Neogaf in the channel list.

As for Anti-Mage. Well, there's no one trick to him. He's just an overall strong hero, if you're struggling to do well with him you should work on your basics. At some point you'll realize that AM takes little to no effort to play to great effect.

I suggest looking up some decent replays of Anti-Mage and just trying to mimic what they do.

ksan

Farm, farm, farm. You should not be running around on the map.
Getting kills on your lane is great too, but if you disregard getting creep kills it still won't work out.
When you have farmed either bfury/manta or vanguard/manta, you can start helping out, but obviously you'd rather continue farming unless the teams needs you to defend (or if that's enough to take rax).

Haly

I think that's the biggest rule to playing carry:

Unless your team absolutely needs you, you should be farming. If they're pushing down a tower at bot, you should be pushing down top. It doesn't matter if your tower falls, as long as you take one out as well. Immediately porting to a tower to help while you sit on your ass as they push is just a waste of time and potential Gold.

Haly

That's like, half a Midas.

Get ring of basi for regen.

dorkimoe

I'm going to try and setup streaming. My connection and computer can handle it. The only problem is, I don't know if I need people watching me play haha.

But that way we don't have that stupid 2 minute delay crap

That's like, half a Midas.

Get ring of basi for regen.

It really depends on how you want to play prophet.

I like to play him as a more active ganker, I don't trust most pubs to do fine without my assistance. If your team is self sufficient or you play with them enough I'm sure rushing midas is fine.

JustinBB7

The test client also got an updated economy_english.txt, although I don’t think it will be much help:

DotA2_ILoveYouTooValve.png

Trololol

Haly

ok jungle Prophet failed, if I'm like level 8 and normal bot solo mid is 9-10 am I doing it wrong right?
I just had a decent game as Furion, my name is Halyhaly.
It really depends on how you want to play prophet.

I like to play him as a more active ganker, I don't trust most pubs to do fine without my assistance. If your team is self sufficient or you play with them enough I'm sure rushing midas is fine.
I think that argument goes both ways. I don't trust pubbies enough to go for ganks. Too often would a prophet port in and no one goes in to help him and then he dies miserably.

It's safer just to afk farm until you can carry and hope your team doesn't feed too hard.

Neki

I just had a decent game as Furion, my name is Halyhaly.

I think that argument goes both ways. I don't trust pubbies enough to go for ganks. Too often would a prophet port in and no one goes in to help him and then he dies miserably.

It's safer just to afk farm until you can carry and hope your team doesn't feed too hard.

jungle furion isn't hard unless you're procarbine

cya cya

ok jungle Prophet failed, if I'm like level 8 and normal bot solo mid is 9-10 am I doing it wrong right?

I think it's fine.

Furion isn't a fast jungler, but he's a safe jungler.

Make sure you're starting with ring of basilus and a set of tangos. If you're going for midas you should have it before 7 minutes.

Artanisix

You guys gave up before the game starts AGAIN? .______. I swear there should be an option to disable allchat AND have enemies appear as anonymous until the game's over or something.

LOL this game was REALLY late at night and we were all balls tired and just wanted a fun game, but Hyuna queued us up for Captain's Mode when we didn't want it. SO WE MADE OUR OWN FUN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom