• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

~Kinggi~

Banned
Season 1 was one of the best 1st seasons of TV to ever air. It won the Emmy for a reason. Hopefully it can keep the quality. You all need to watch it if you havent.

This show looks pretty interesting but I've got no idea where to watch season 1 and its not on Netflix, is there anywhere else it's being streamed?

Thanks for the new thread, CRS. Looks great.

Cool that they released the first episode early, though please make sure you're spoiler tagging any plot discussion before it airs on USA this Wednesday.

Typical TV thread rules apply otherwise - once something has aired on USA, it's fair game. Please spoiler tag any preview/trailers discussion as well as information that's coming out from interviews and the like. Thanks and enjoy the new season.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The layers of posting a addict related gif.

:) But seriously, I wanted season 2 last year, right after Season 1 ended. That Live Airing they did of
Tyrell and Elliot initializing the hack, and Elliot reaching for the gun in the pop-corn machine
made me more anxious to get back into this.

Goddamnit, Sam Esmail. Seriously, the whole diagetic reason for the season's flashback structure is nothing short of brilliant. [S2 Premiere Spoilers follows]
Fucking hell, Elliot not trusting us anymore as his imaginary friend is the greatest thing ever. Now, Esmail is free to selectively show whatever he wants. And I have a feeling there's more to that running scene then what they showed.
Other than that, the show has started off incredibly well. The teases as to what
Elliot's mom did to him, what happened to Tyrell, and the larger plan of 5-9 are tantalizing enough.
Overall, best show on TV has returned and has me excited to see what Sam Esmail has done to poor sweet Craig Robinson.

Plus, I saw them shoot the running scene for Sandrine Holt's character! Although curiously, the PA I was talking to [potential minor spoiler for a future Season 2 episode]
said they were filming that for episode 9. Also, the shot ended with the camera heading to Darlene's laptop.

ezekial45

Banned
That music before cutting to the Intermission title card was fucking eerie. I love it. Mac Quayle is putting in that work.

Will Amazon Prime be streaming season two? Season one caught me completely off guard but I do think it lost a bit of its shine towards the end.

CRS

Will Amazon Prime be streaming season two? Season one caught me completely off guard but I do think it lost a bit of its shine towards the end.
It will. Not really sure how it works but I think the newest episode is available the day after they premiere. Btw, you have to buy the season.

I'll have to wait a while to watch this since I don't have Amazon Prime but another Channel in the UK is now airing Season 1, so I guess I'll re-watch it and hope they air Season 2 straight after.

Amir0x

Banned
Season 1 was one of my favorite first seasons of a tv show ever, so I am ridiculously on board for the second season :D

Matush

Off to an amazing start. Cinematography was again stunning.

Goddamnit, Sam Esmail. Seriously, the whole diagetic reason for the season's flashback structure is nothing short of brilliant. [S2 Premiere Spoilers follows]
Fucking hell, Elliot not trusting us anymore as his imaginary friend is the greatest thing ever. Now, Esmail is free to selectively show whatever he wants. And I have a feeling there's more to that running scene then what they showed.
What
running scene
you have in mind? That
first long continues scene?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
But will he keep to his word that he'll never meet Elliot again?

Remains to be seen. But given
He's part of the Shadow Group that controls the world
? Highly likely (s)he could keep his word.

The Verge is doing a weekly after show, too.

- USA and The Verge Team Up for a Weekly Live Digital Mr. Robot Aftershow
USA has partnered with The Verge, Vox Media's technology-themed website, for a Mr. Robot digital aftershow, which will stream weekly on The Verge and USA's Mr. Robot site beginning on Wednesday, July 20, following the critically-acclaimed hacker drama's third episode.

Last month, USA announced that it would air a one-hour aftershow, Hacking Robot, after Mr. Robot's two-hour season premiere on Wednesday. That linear aftershow, hosted by Andy Greenwald, is also planned to air after the season finale, so the Verge aftershow, which will run around 25 minutes, is only scheduled through the season's ninth week. (While USA recently increased the show's Season 2 order from 10 episodes to 12 episodes, it will likely run a two-hour finale, which will allow it to stick to the same initial 10-week time frame.)

The aftershow—the full title is Mr. Robot Digital After Show Hosted By The Verge—will be produced by The Verge and Vox Entertainment, filmed at the company's New York studio and hosted by a trio of Verge staffers: editor in chief Nilay Patel, entertainment editor Emily Yoshida and reporter Russell Brandom, the site's cybersecurity and tech expert. The hosts will analyze each episode, discuss the hacking and cybersecurity approaches utilized in that week's show, while exploring the larger context and ramifications of creator Sam Esmail's themes.

DirtyLarry

I originally told myself I was not going to watch the surprise premiere of the first half of Episode 1 last night as then it would be too long before the next episode, but I did watch it and I will watch it again on Wednesday night.

I was very worried they were not going to be able to sustain the brilliance of Season 1 but it appears I was worried for no reason at all as I felt they picked up right where they left off. Was a tad slow but also that is to be expected. They are beginning a new season with a new arc and have to ease into it and still tie it back to last Season.

Best show on TV easily.

All I'm gonna say is music selection is still on point.

Season 1 was one of the best 1st seasons of TV to ever air. It won the Emmy for a reason. Hopefully it can keep the quality. You all need to watch it if you havent.

*Golden Globe. It started too late last year for the Emmys so it'll get nominated this year for season one or well should and nominations are announced this week.

Off to an amazing start. Cinematography was again stunning.

What
running scene
you have in mind? That
first long continues scene?

The one
where Sandrine Holt's character is running through all those NYU landmarks?
The reason I suspect there is more is largely because I saw filming of that scene and there appeared to be more than what was shown in the premiere. Seriously, the set details were incredibly cool and it ended differently than the premiere version. Probably the editor just cut it.

Top Bottom