• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awkward Scenes in Videogames That Made You Cringe

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh come on! FFXIII's cutscenes aren't as bad as FFX's laughing scene. Mom's are Tough is bad writing, yeah, but the rest of the cutscenes themselves aren't awkward at all if you know it's a culture difference and all that.

Only creepy thing is Snow/Serah. Serah's like 14, FFS Snow.

I heard really good things about Nier but found myself embarrassed while playing it in front of my girlfriend. Something about the voice acting and the weird dynamic between father/daughter just threw me off. .
Whaaaaat ?

The only thing cringe-worthy in NieR was Kainé's rant at the beginning of the game
0034.gif

Ice Mage

Neo Member
Randomness: In Trauma Center: Second Opinion, those cutscenes in Naomi Weaver's story where there was a car chase and they really, really wanted to make you believe the car was moving, but the game engine REALLY wasn't made to accommodate such cutscenes, resulting in awkward still shots of a car's dashboard accompanied by ... car noises.

What made it even more awkward was that the character portraits were facing towards the player, AWAY from the street...

I just felt those scenes were really badly and awkwardly executed. :p
Link to example footage

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Blood Omen 2 is known to be the black sheep of the series.

“What manner of creatures have you been practising on? Dull mortal fools with their minds full of commerce and dung!”

That animation, Jesus!

For comparison

Well, that kind of animation was pretty common back then (especially on the PC). Just two character models standing in place with poorly animated mouths and occasional gestures.

If you really want to see some bad animation go check out Raven's games from that era. Soldier of Fortune 2 and the two Jedi Knight sequels are about as bad as you can get.

Yeah, there are some really awkward scenes in XIII but they really aren't all that bad throughout. There are just a few choice scenes that are really embarrassing.

Top Bottom