• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
If you arent buying a vita because you are busy with dog shit like Amalur I feel sorry or you. Life doesn't have to suck! Your games don't have to blend the worst parts of wow and gow. You can live man! Come with us, we will show you freedom!!

$$$$$$$$$$

Wes

venison crêpe
Why buy any game other than Guild Wars 2 this year? Money spent on the frivolous Vita could be spend on PC components to improve your loading times in WvW!

LJ11

Being that tall didn't help against rush guys. He got beat bad early in the season when they stepped outside and then crossed over inside. He's athletic, but it's hard to get on a quick guy that's 6 inches shorter than you.

Saw guys beat him clean with just a reg speed rush. Just flat footed, not sure his height is that big of a deal, ionly a couple of inches taller than most tackles, moves a hell of a lot better than most as well. He can engulf a rusher with his size + blow. Did a good job against Von Miller.

Wonder how he would've held up if the Pats had more a vertical attack. Volmer's a beast though and Light played alright as well, so he has more time to work on his craft.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
as for gaming backlogs, we all have that.
Yep. I'm still an avid gamer (I completed a little over 30 games last year) and I maintain a healthy backlog especially thanks to Steam sales! Regardless, I was hesitant to spend $250 on Vita thinking it might be prudent to wait for a price drop but the launch line up is so solid, I'm glad I spent the money. The downloadable stuff on Vita in particular has been great (Mutant Blob, Escape Plan, Super Stardust, etc.). Eager for PSX compatibility to hit so I can download Silent Hill and play it on this screen for my seemingly 700th play through.;)

I picked up Syndicate via Origin and it's been sitting there waiting for me since I picked up Vita, in fact.

Saw guys beat him clean with just a reg speed rush. Just flat footed, not sure his height is that big of a deal, ionly a couple of inches taller than most tackles, moves a hell of a lot better than most as well. He can engulf a rusher with his size + blow. Did a good job against Von Miller.

Wonder how he would've held up if the Pats had more a vertical attack. Volmer's a beast though and Light played alright as well, so he has more time to work on his craft.

Let's just hope that Volmer can stay healthy next year and Light decides to play one more year. Solder showed flashes and I believe he will be a stud, but I'd rather have him playing back-up to Light for one more year.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If you arent buying a vita because you are busy with dog shit like Amalur I feel sorry or you. Life doesn't have to suck! Your games don't have to blend the worst parts of wow and gow. You can live man! Come with us, we will show you freedom!!

$$$$$$$$$$

Hang on let me ask my wife.

She said "no".

Okay :(

(I just built a $1300 gaming PC and got a 3DS in August...plus there's 3 or 4 games coming out in April that I'm itching to play!)

eznark

Banned
Yep. I'm still an avid gamer (I completed a little over 30 games last year) and I maintain a healthy backlog especially thanks to Steam sales! Regardless, I was hesitant to spend $250 on Vita thinking it might be prudent to wait for a price drop but the launch line up is so solid, I'm glad I spent the money. The downloadable stuff on Vita in particular has been great (Mutant Blob, Escape Plan, Super Stardust, etc.). Eager for PSX compatibility to hit so I can download Silent Hill and play it on this screen for my seemingly 700th play through.;)

I picked up Syndicate via Origin and it's been sitting there waiting for me since I picked up Vita, in fact.

I was shitting on the system pretty much up until the week before launch, then I only bought it because of the MLB cross save functionality. Now that I have used it I'm sold on it. I really hope this thing isn't the miserable failure that I think it will be, because I could see it becoming my sole source of non-PC gaming. F' the shitty consoles.

I was shitting on the system pretty much up until the week before launch, then I only bought it because of the MLB cross save functionality. Now that I have used it I'm sold on it. I really hope this thing isn't the miserable failure that I think it will be, because I could see it becoming my sole source of non-PC gaming. F' the shitty consoles.

they need to release a good looking monster hunter game in japan and it will take off. call of duty is coming out this year for it and as long as activision doesn't fuck it up that will allow it to sell some units here.

not that i care about either of those games but the more it sells the more likely it'll be around for a while!

I'll get a Vita in 18 months, or until an exclusive or two comes out that I have to own. I have no shortage of games to play that don't require a $300 investment. (+ another $1000 on stupid proprietary memory cards. smh)

Godslay

Banned
It might just be that the new hasn't worn off, but I love my Vita. I'm a little over 50% finished with Uncharted, and downloaded Super Stardust today which I've had a hard time putting down this afternoon. I've also been playing a healthy dose of Castlevania with filtering on. I hope this thing survives because it has so much potential.

Troll

Banned
It might just be that the new hasn't worn off, but I love my Vita. I'm a little over 50% finished with Uncharted, and downloaded Super Stardust today which I've had a hard time putting down this afternoon. I've also been playing a healthy dose of Castlevania with filtering on. I hope this thing survives because it has so much potential.

How's Castlevania?

Godslay

Banned
How's Castlevania?

It's Dracula X Chronicles, but I just played enough of the remastered version to unlock SOTN. It looks great on the OLED, and even though I own it in UMD form, I double dipped and bought it again. After all these years I can't get enough of the damn game. I don't know how many times I've beat it.

Milchjon

Is Vollmer really that good? Still don't know enough to evaluate guys like O-linemen.

Go Germany,though!!!

MechDX

428989_305447766186702_116270911771056_860712_2004285549_n.jpg

New sheriff in town. The Milkman cometh!

LJ11

Is Vollmer really that good? Still don't know enough to evaluate guys like O-linemen.

Go Germany,though!!!

Yeah, I do. Not much of a run blocker but he's as good as it gets in pass protection. I'm trying to think of someone who's as good and I can't come up with one at RT. Only 3 years too, and he was hurt for much of it.

they need to release a good looking monster hunter game in japan and it will take off. call of duty is coming out this year for it and as long as activision doesn't fuck it up that will allow it to sell some units here.

not that i care about either of those games but the more it sells the more likely it'll be around for a while!

5 years ago, every kid in the world wanted a DS. This past year, every kid in the world wanted an iPod (or iPhone). When I take my son to his hockey games, I used to see younger siblings playing on their DSs. Now it's all smart phones or iPod Touches.

Not saying that 3DS or PSV are gonna fail, but their marketplace is smaller. Parents look at an iTouch, look at games costing $1, and say "I can afford that a hell of a lot easier than $250 for a PSV and $40-$50 games."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom