• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not worried about "slow" shipments (and I just got a shipping e-mail today, in fact) - I'm in no rush - but I wonder why Strafe was shipped and delivered so much quicker than a standard LRG release. It was ordered, shipped, and delivered within a week IIRC. Not complaining, mind you, just curious.

hawk2025

If LRG wants to do posters, they should do cloth ones like NIS has moved towards.

I don't know anyone that appreciates a folded paper poster. I like what they are doing by adding 10 art cards much better.

Famassu

Both boxes look wonderful, but the prices are too much for the additional content imho. I don't see any value in a folded poster for example.
WonderBoy isn't THAT bloated or overpriced. 2CD physical OSTs of games can easily be (at least) 20-25$ if bought separately. Something like 5-10$ for a video game poster isn't anything too unusual.

WonderBoy isn't THAT bloated or overpriced. 2CD physical OSTs of games can easily be (at least) 20-25$ if bought separately. Something like 5-10$ for a video game poster isn't anything too unusual.

Sure can, but lots of other publishers include them as bonus. Not willing to pay $60 or more for an indie game. Anyway, there's a standard release, so it doesn't matter much. :)

NeuroVoider (PS4) & Drive! Drive! Drive! (PS4) Countdowns:
zzdOghA.gif
First Batch
t1500645600z1.png

Second Batch
t1500674400z1.png

Upcoming Release Forecast (as of this posting):
-- 07/28: Oceanhorn (PS4/Vita) & Plague Road (PS4/Vita)
-- 08/04: LawBreakers (PS4) & Wonder Boy (PS4)
-- 08/25: Ys Origin (PS4/Vita)

Famassu

Sure can, but lots of other publishers include them as bonus. Not willing to pay $60 or more for an indie game. Anyway, there's a standard release, so it doesn't matter much. :)
It's different when it's bigger publishers. LRG isn't a charity and I imagine offering such specials for this limited & small quantities means they have to put a bit of premium into the prices for all the effort to be worth it for them. Much like the prices of even the standard games has a ~10$ mark up from the digital (non-sale) price to make this all even remotely profitable for LRG, unlike bigger publishers who can sell physical copies at the same price as digital (or even cheaper)

And rarely do any publishers put (whole) physical OSTs as freebies, at least that isn't even close to being the norm (digital OSTs maybe). Often they are samplers even in Limited Editions (I'm looking at you, Square Enix, and you countless shitty sampler CDs in Limited Editions that have, like, 4-6 tracks out of 80+ of the whole OST). The only recent one I remember which came with an OST CD (that I bought) was Witcher 3. I guess the newest Shantae had one too, but that was with very limited launch edition quantities.

Jimm

Special Reserve confirmed that LRG will be receiving an alternate cover run for Shadow Warrior 2 at some point. However, Josh expressed on Twitter about two months ago that he was unsure whether their version will come with SW1 on disc like SRG's bundle. As a future reference, LRG will not to receiving any of the extras or collector sets sold on SRG's website as well.

Thanks a lot! I couldn't care less about SW1 on disc and hope that fuss doesn't delay the release. Glad to know it's still coming.

Spinoff90

Thanks a lot! I couldn't care less about SW1 on disc and hope that fuss doesn't delay the release. Glad to know it's still coming.

SRG version has been delayed without a new date at the moment after an initial delay from the end of June to mid-July. So even without that fuss the LRG cover variant will be delayed indefinitely too obviously.

It wasn't that SRG don't ship to Australia though.

https://twitter.com/shadowwarrior/status/865553758570205188

That is the reason they didn't ship to certain countries and I would assume LRG would do the same considering games can be seized by customs if they have not been classified in Australia. Unless something has changed with the classification in the time between SRG putting it up for sale and whenever LRG sell the variant.

Moofers

I'd guess I'll have my Skullgirls Vita sometime in October.

Probably about the same time they'll announce when Night Trap is going on sale.
getting impatient for that one!

hawk2025

Sometimes I remember that my Volume for Vita is still out there collecting cobwebs somewhere waiting for Skullgirls, and it's just...

Such a long time later, I was kinda hoping they would eat the cost and ship it separately after all this time.

Oh well. I assume the PS4 version will also stay in limbo until Vita is ready if I ordered everything together?

Got this mail:

This is just a courtesy email to let you know we are working on improving the hold system process.
Going forward once we have processed your hold order the address listed on your order page will be switched over to one of the International addresses on file.
This is to allow us to combine your hold orders via the shipping software we use in order to avoid any human error, as well as to allow for automatic tracking updates across all held orders simeltaneously when you do have them shipped out.

The shipping address will still be pulled from your "Ship Items" order.

Seems Rabi-Ribi got a date for the EU PS4 physical release via Rabi-Ribi springs onto PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita September 1st

Publisher PQube have announced today that 2D, bullet-hell, platformer Rabi-Ribi will be getting an exclusive physical release for PlayStation 4 on September 1st, with a digital-only PlayStation Vita release to accompany it.

Gamers can currently pre-order the PlayStation 4 physical release through popular outlets Amazon, GAME and Play-Asia with a current RRP of around £30.00 with the game title also including a physical soundtrack CD.

So with September 1st being on a Friday, can we expect the LRG PS4 and Vita release the same day?

i-Jest

Likewise. Still deciding what combo of Ys I'll be buying.

I'm gonna go for the standard versions. To much want, and to little money to satisfy my desires. The way I figure, EVERYONE will try their hand at the LE. The USD to CAD exchange is merciless on my wallet.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Just so we have some posterity regarding the numbers I'll post all of what I had at the time:

10:57 AM CDT
["Collector's Edition PS4"]: 8652
["Collector's Edition PS Vita"]: 1883
["Collector's Edition PC"]: 3148
["PS4"]: 5049
["PS Vita"]: 1775
["PC"]: 2553

2nd update:
- 1k Vita-CE
- 1.3k Vita
- 4k PS4-CE
- 6k PS4 left.

Update:
["Collector's Edition PS4"]: 0
["Collector's Edition PS Vita"]: -2 (yes, negative)
["Collector's Edition PC"]: -2 (yes, negative)
["PS4"]: 4543
["PS Vita"]: 664
["PC"]: 3793

Sometimes I remember that my Volume for Vita is still out there collecting cobwebs somewhere waiting for Skullgirls, and it's just...

Such a long time later, I was kinda hoping they would eat the cost and ship it separately after all this time.

Oh well. I assume the PS4 version will also stay in limbo until Vita is ready if I ordered everything together?

That's my biggest annoyance with Skullgirls. I just wanna play Volume lol. I can take the wait for Skullgirls!

Semoreh

Update:

It went down fast ! I wonder how long the regular PS4 copies will sit there.
I'm not sure the Collector's Editions were great value but now I'm glad I got one ^^

i-Jest

Update:

Well the Collectors Editions sold out in a few days. We can probably expect restocks to happen sometime in the future. The regular editions will probably sell out by early next week. I see the standard Vita version selling out by then.

Zhao_Yun

Which includes more than just the artbook that'd come with LRG's limited edition. If the asian limited edition is better, I think I'll just go with that one and break my LRG streak.

It is the complete soundtrack as well and not just a sampler.
Currently have the regular edition pre-ordered at PA for 20USD so the additional 40 USD would kinda hurt, but I really want the OST...

Shizuka

Currently have the regular edition pre-ordered at PA for 20USD so the additional 40 USD would kinda hurt, but I really want the OST...

Play-Asia should offer the limited edition, but I doubt it'd be cheaper than Heavy Arm.

Ventara

Same scenario, and I really want the artbook as well. Hmmmm. I'm hoping LRG offers something similar, since I plan to order their version as well.

Edit: Didn't see Shizuka's comment. LRG's LE will only have the artbook? Is that confirmed?

Any European or German here who imported from Heavy Arm before? Would like to know whether their packages went through customs without extra payment.

Germany here. I'm using Heavy Arm Store for two years now (10$ Airmail - not 20$ Aramax) - never went into customs. They mark all their shipments with low values.

Shizuka

Same scenario, and I really want the artbook as well. Hmmmm. I'm hoping LRG offers something similar, since I plan to order their version as well.

Edit: Didn't see Shizuka's comment. LRG's LE will only have the artbook? Is that confirmed?

It comes with an artbook and poster, IIRC. Josh shared the details a few weeks ago on Twitter.

Ventara

It comes with an artbook and poster, IIRC. Josh shared the details a few weeks ago on Twitter.

Well, damn. I mean, I'm sure they plan to sell the soundtrack separately, but still, would have been nice to have it in one package.

Any word on the prices of any of this? Might just pick up the regular copy and the Asian LE.

Jimm

SRG version has been delayed without a new date at the moment after an initial delay from the end of June to mid-July. So even without that fuss the LRG cover variant will be delayed indefinitely too obviously.

It wasn't that SRG don't ship to Australia though.

https://twitter.com/shadowwarrior/status/865553758570205188

That is the reason they didn't ship to certain countries and I would assume LRG would do the same considering games can be seized by customs if they have not been classified in Australia. Unless something has changed with the classification in the time between SRG putting it up for sale and whenever LRG sell the variant.

Thanks for the in depth answer. I had no idea SW2 was having issues with it's rating in Australia. Strafe couldn't be shipped to Australia either though, so it's a calid excuse, but not all encompasing. It will be interesting to see if the LRG version gets here. Plus, many games I import have never been rated by the Australian rating board. Shadow Warrior 2 is available for all Australians on Steam too...

Nothing for me today, NeuroVoider looks fun and all, but I will probably end up not playing it. Will get Plague Road and Oceanhorn next friday though.

JDH

Ordered Drive Drive Drive! Really not into NeuroVoider at all. Looks like they are both selling out at a faster rate than the last few previous releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom