• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 8-14 | All roads lead here

Amagon

Oh man "Where's your God now?" is amazing. Although probably have to make it plural "Where are your Gods now?"

By the way, I hated that the GAF EVO thread turned into a stream view pissing contest. I posted very little in it (almost none during Marvel), it was just a glorified stream chat at that point. People constantly updating stream view couny was especially bad, like tally up the view count at the end man no need to spam every other post with "omg smash got 130k viewers, Injustass no hype with sub 100k views".

And the constant bitching and salt holy crap.

Was this your first time in the GAF EVO thread? Because thats how it usually is.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh man "Where's your God now?" is amazing. Although probably have to make it plural "Where are your Gods now?"

By the way, I hated that the GAF EVO thread turned into a stream view pissing contest. I posted very little in it (almost none during Marvel), it was just a glorified stream chat at that point. People constantly updating stream view couny was especially bad, like tally up the view count at the end man no need to spam every other post with "omg smash got 130k viewers, Injustass no hype with sub 100k views".

Yup the bitching is super fucking annoying

|OT| Mr.Wizard's Future Harem

Dahbomb

And Flocker + Justin are gods in the game. Both were in top 5 seed going into EVO, Flocker was top 3 pick to win EVO in fact. Both were EVO top 8 repeaters.

God's Beard called it right on that one, he liked Flocker/Champ to win over ChrisG.

Azure J

With the stream count thing, I think people were just excited to see EVO finally break the mythical 100K line for viewers. I think I had one or two actual ribs in the thread about it but I was mostly joking and hope no one took offense to it. It was also really cool seeing a bunch of people warm up to something on stream (in my case, Smash) that they might not have otherwise.

We're not a freaking hivemind, Officer. There are dozens of extremely active posters and hundreds of lurkers. People gonna post and sometimes it will end up being redundant.

The stream fanboyism I can get.

Pillow talk makes good sense since Mr. Wizard got his love pillow, and Evo was some good sex, and now we're all going to talk about it.

Edgeward

I'm just glad the views every year keep going up. If only there was a way to bring the level of competition other than once a year.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
With the stream count thing, I think people were just excited to see EVO finally break the mythical 100K line for viewers. I think I had one or two actual ribs in the thread about it but I was mostly joking and hope no one took offense to it. It was also really cool seeing a bunch of people warm up to something on stream (in my case, Smash) that they might not have otherwise.

Well it was extra stupid for people to post the current stream numbers with other games next to it. Were any of those games having a major event like evo at the same time as evo? No, so doing so is fucking stupid. That was just asking for people to pull up numbers from other times. Childish shit.

Kikujiro

People were posting numbers during Marvel because it was breaking the record, Officer Dahbomb no fun at all. I agree that number war is stupid

Azure J

Beckx just gave me the best idea:

FGW | Knockin' On Heaven's Door

No, it's not because I feel like watching Cowboy Bebop right now or anything like that. :p

Edit: Put that way, yeah I can understand Q. I'll just be honest and say I was just happy to see the Melee turnout.

And Flocker + Justin are gods in the game. Both were in top 5 seed going into EVO, Flocker was top 3 pick to win EVO in fact. Both were EVO top 8 repeaters.

God's Beard called it right on that one, he liked Flocker/Champ to win over ChrisG.
But I've been saying Flocker for almost a year now. :p

Well it was extra stupid for people to post the current stream numbers with other games next to it. Were any of those games having a major event like evo at the same time as evo? No, so doing so is fucking stupid. That was just asking for people to pull up numbers from other times. Childish shit.
Neener neener neener, Marvel had the highest number, and BlazBlue's champion got a pot filled with pennies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

I liked those posts because I watch with the stream popped out and can't see those numbers. Also a "how far will this thing go?" sort of thing

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I liked those posts because I watch with the stream popped out and can't see those numbers. Also a "how far will this thing go?" sort of thing

It's cool to see the numbers, it's when people use the numbers for fanboy argument sake that's annoying.

Neener neener neener, Marvel had the highest number, and BlazBlue's champion got a pot filled with pennies.
But can you imagine the feelings of getting that trophy LOL dude probably had the biggest grin

Beckx just gave me the best idea:

FGW | Knockin' On Heaven's Door

No, it's not because I feel like watching Cowboy Bebop right now or anything like that. :p

Edit: Put that way, yeah I can understand Q. I'll just be honest and say I was just happy to see the Melee turnout.

OMG this

Dahbomb

Was this your first time in the GAF EVO thread? Because thats how it usually is.
It wasn't this bad last year. I guess people were too exhausted to type by the time AE was up. I remember way more genuine excitement like with MadKOF Bala finals and Infrit plus Champ matches.

And I wasn't talking about ALL of GAF mostly the people who rarely come to FGW threads and probably don't even play much fighting games complaining about characters, players, games or tactics.

It's cool to see the numbers, it's when people use the numbers for fanboy argument sake that's annoying.
This right here is what I had a problem with.

Top Bottom