• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeroSauce

So either I get:

Shyvana and her waifu skin
Nocturne and his DARKNESS skin
Nasus Dreadknight Skin

I've been really happy with SpiderNaut jungling but he can be countered hard when I get counter-jungled.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Can't go wrong with the dragon-lady. Her ult is scary.

Blizzard

Banned
I swear ranked is bipolar. 7 wins in a row, then I get a game with bot + top feeding, then a game with a guy who refuses to let anyone else mid, then leaves the game 45 seconds in (never comes back), then the third game I got two lobby dodges in a row, and THEN the one that actually sticks has leona + amumu on the other team and someone who was going mid changes at the last second. T_T

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Rayven, some requests for Spec mode:

1) Spectator chat (and preferably with whispering with people in and out of games)
2) Spectate friend's game

Haly

No no, sorry, spectate games your friends are spectating.

Haly

Chat with other spectators to call out stuff happening and to yell "BIG PLAYS", ask questions etc.

And give players the ability to use chat "/" commands.

So example, I was speccing a game with UnknownFactors. I wanted to type "/w UnknownFactors bro I'm speccing you", but I had to alt+tab out, hunt down the client in my system tray, then send him a whisper there.

Oh, one thing that annoys me is that the external client doesn't keep a log of things I say using the whisper system in game.

Achtius

gotcha, figured you meant that.

how do you see chat working (public, friends, platform to game, friendlist, etc.)?

Fix (i.e revert back to the way it was) the /r function please, first letter keep cutting out because of the way it works now.

Boken

Banned
So example, I was speccing a game with UnknownFactors. I wanted to type "/w UnknownFactors bro I'm speccing you", but I had to alt+tab out, hunt down the client in my system tray, then send him a whisper there.

You can do that inside specatator mode I believe. Just make chat visible and type it in there, I swear I've sent whispers that way before.

FERRIOR
AKITUS
what are you battletags

Blizzard

Banned
It'd be nice to have an option to block spectators from whispering you also, since it can get annoying.

I have 11111 IP, what a nice number. I guess I'll mess it up by buying someone. D:

Haly

You can do that inside specatator mode I believe. Just make chat visible and type it in there, I swear I've sent whispers that way before.
How do you make chat visible?

I checked "Show "All" Chat" but I hit enter and nothing happens.

Boken

Banned
Bottom left hand corner - there is an eye. This controls visibility of UI elements, including the chatbox (you'll have to re-activate it every game for now)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Biggest thing Spectator Mode needs is quick video tutorial explaining all of the stuff you can do and how to do it. Then throw in a help key that throws up one of those virtual keyboards on screen with all of the key bindings verses just going into the menus to read them.

Boken

Banned
Um the first time you run spectator mode, the tutorial page appears.

You can still access this "how to use spectator mode" info by clicking on the [?] in the bottom left hand corner.

Inskipp

Ag5qt.jpg

Fun character, his Q is probably one of the most satisfying skills to pull off. I feel like he syncs well with most supports (Leona + Varus with voip is pretty insane). End game his damage feels kinda lacking, but I feel like his CC makes up for it.

Vanillalite

Um the first time you run spectator mode, the tutorial page appears.

You can still access this "how to use spectator mode" info by clicking on the [?] in the bottom left hand corner.

Yeah I just think a quick video would be a big help. That's just me though. :p

On a side note WTF is up with the fact every time my friend and I duo que we are bottom two. EVERYTIME. Then we are stuck with whatever roles are left cause everyone is calling and whining they want to play a certain role. It sucks to because they all want to be the AD Carry or Mid and yet they can't do either, and we lose.

Last 5 ranked games I've won has been when we've gotten it so we can duo lane AD Carry Support Bot. When one of us two isn't the AD Carry I feel like it's GG from the start. Ugh....

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah I just think a quick video would be a big help. That's just me though. :p

On a side note WTF is up with the fact every time my friend and I duo que we are bottom two. EVERYTIME. Then we are stuck with whatever roles are left cause everyone is calling and whining they want to play a certain role. It sucks to because they all want to be the AD Carry or Mid and yet they can't do either, and we lose.

Last 5 ranked games I've won has been when we've gotten it so we can duo lane AD Carry Support Bot. When one of us two isn't the AD Carry I feel like it's GG from the start. Ugh....
You can see it coming from a mile away sometimes too. Two of my ranked losses yesterday (after winning 7 games in a row shortly before that, 5 with AP mid) are like:

1. I ask for AP mid
2. First pick says no, tough, I'm going AP mid, etc. etc.
3. Disconnects after 45 seconds or so and never comes back, game is 4v5 with no AP mid

Okay, time for a new game!

1. I ask for AP mid
2. First pick says no, tough, I'm going AP mid, etc. etc.
3. I say erm, the last time someone did that they left the game, are you sure, I'm a pretty decent AP mid, etc.
4. First pick says stfu, da fuq, u talk to much, etc.
5. AP mid proceeds to spend entire game saying they have 300 ping, feeding 4+ kills in the first 8 minutes, ends up like 1-7 or 1-10 or something.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

Also I think 3-4 out of 5-6 of my games yesterday had one to three people afk, disconnected, disconnecting, or saying they're lagging on one or both teams. At one point it was 3v5 but the two people came back so I didn't even get loss prevented. :'( Is there some widespread network problem that affects everyone but me going around?

Ferrio

Banned

FERRIOR
AKITUS
what are you battletags

How do I find my battletag? I'll have to look later too, authenticator at home.

Koomaster

Is there some widespread network problem that affects everyone but me going around?
Not to excuse the behavior but last night for some reason I kept getting disconnected from games when that's never happened to me before. But I would be able to log right back in afterwards. If they were gone for extended periods, dunno.

JesseZao

How do I find my battletag? I'll have to look later too, authenticator at home.

You have to create one before you have one. Should be on your battle.net summary page if you already made one. Wonder what the friend limit is anyway? It's going to be pretty full if I just add every name on the gaf list lol.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Haven't tried her. Played a couple rounds as Janna and she's ok. I enjoy like Karma's shield better. Throwing up a R+E (shield) on someone and getting a kill is delicious. But Janna's CC is pretty nice (compared to Karma's W).

I'm trying to save up for Lulu myself, 6300ip takes awhile to farm. I honestly prefer to play support Sona myself. Karma is interesting but I don't think she has any true peels. Whereas Janna with her Q and Ult can knock champions out of their channeled ultimate and knock assassins away from your carry.

Her passive is completely broken as well.

Somax

Nice way to start the evening.
We start a ranked team match, one of our teammates connection decides to fuck with us, so he dc's. So free elo loss.
He gets back online, we requeue. He crashes again, but this time the game does not disband. We think "well, after the picks it will stop, like always happens" and my teammates and me start picking random things for the pure lulz.
Then an horrible things happen.
The game starts.
Our friend gets back online, and... we get brutally wrecked.
About 40 elo lost thanks to Italian Telecom, fuck yeah.
Oh well, we are low elo players, so that's not a problem.

Blizzard

Banned
Haven't tried her. Played a couple rounds as Janna and she's ok. I enjoy like Karma's shield better. Throwing up a R+E (shield) on someone and getting a kill is delicious. But Janna's CC is pretty nice (compared to Karma's W).
If you are aiming at kills as support then you may already have a problem. =P

So I just got League of Legends and played the tutorial last night before bed. Anything I need to know? I've never played an RTS before, I'm kind of intimidated.

XeroSauce

So I just got League of Legends and played the tutorial last night before bed. Anything I need to know? I've never played an RTS before, I'm kind of intimidated.

Spend some time looking through the store if you die, look all the items and stats. I found it immensely helpful when I started out.

Chat with other spectators to call out stuff happening and to yell "BIG PLAYS", ask questions etc.

And give players the ability to use chat "/" commands.

Oh, one thing that annoys me is that the external client doesn't keep a log of things I say using the whisper system in game.

YOU NINJA!

Slouisk

Neo Member
5 things on Varus...

5) His passive is the only thing I'd really rework. Having to kill something 1st to get your passive going just isn't as opportune as you'd think it might be.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. While I havn't actually played varus yet (I will tonight), I can see it being amazing. In lane, if your half decent at playing ad, the passive will be up almost constantly giving you the edge in trades (in addition to his abilities). In teamfights, as an ad you are almost guaranteed to get a kill or assist allowing you snowball and become more powerful. AS for ads, no matter how small, is an amazing thing. And having something that gives you passive AS is amazing for an AD. Again, I havn't actually played him yet, but just looking at his abilities, and from a large amount of personal experience with ads, I think his passive seems REALLY strong.

How does I do the dragon lady

I'm still trying to figure this out. I am so bad with Shyvanna. I can't jungle with her to save my life. Though that is mostly my problem. I can't really jungle well if I am not playing a good ganking champ. I tried everything I just can't do anything.

In related news, just tried Volibear jungle. Fun. That passive is massive troll. Built Ionic Spark on him. That and his ult can rape hard.

XeroSauce

I'm still trying to figure this out. I am so bad with Shyvanna. I can't jungle with her to save my life. Though that is mostly my problem. I can't really jungle well if I am not playing a good ganking champ. I tried everything I just can't do anything.

In related news, just tried Volibear jungle. Fun. That passive is massive troll. Built Ionic Spark on him. That and his ult can rape hard.

Yea, right?!

With Naut, I'm slower and more suseptible to counterjungling, but when I gank, I can Q near a wall, AA, W, E, and it's easy mode for my lane to get a kill.

With Shyvana, I have to worm my way throguh minions, flashs, stuns, and whatnot to get one AA so my red can do a tiny bit of slow, and even then, she doesn't have exceptional burst.

Ferrio

Banned
Yea, right?!

With Naut, I'm slower and more suseptible to counterjungling, but when I gank, I can Q near a wall, AA, W, E, and it's easy mode for my lane to get a kill.

With Shyvana, I have to worm my way throguh minions, flashs, stuns, and whatnot to get one AA so my red can do a tiny bit of slow, and even then, she doesn't have exceptional burst.

Pretty much it's impossible to gank with her unless your lane has a stun, or you're level 6 (Even then it's pretty hard). Just concentrate on jungling/counter jungling. Unfortunately... in randoms people are too dependant on ganks.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm surprised people have trouble playing Shyvana. You use your speedboost and hit people and run around in the enemy jungle all day because they won't catch you.

I'm surprised people have trouble playing Shyvana. You use your speedboost and hit people and run around in the enemy jungle all day because they won't catch you.

I think it depends on the jungle style of players. I'm more of a ganker type jungler. Some people like to do more of a counter jungle or fast clear jungler.

Vanillalite

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. While I havn't actually played varus yet (I will tonight), I can see it being amazing. In lane, if your half decent at playing ad, the passive will be up almost constantly giving you the edge in trades (in addition to his abilities). In teamfights, as an ad you are almost guaranteed to get a kill or assist allowing you snowball and become more powerful. AS for ads, no matter how small, is an amazing thing. And having something that gives you passive AS is amazing for an AD. Again, I havn't actually played him yet, but just looking at his abilities, and from a large amount of personal experience with ads, I think his passive seems REALLY strong.

In lane though you are mostly trying to last hit so it doesn't really help with last hitting, and it doesn't really take effect in a team fight until you've killed someone. That means 1 v 1 your passive doesn't kick in till after you've won. Works for a team fight provided you can stay alive, but that goes without saying I guess.

That being said it's not bad persay, but I feel like he could get something else that was just in general more useful all the time.

XeroSauce

Pretty much it's impossible to gank with her unless your lane has a stun, or you're level 6 (Even then it's pretty hard). Just concentrate on jungling/counter jungling. Unfortunately... in randoms people are too dependant on ganks.

It's hard.

I want to gank for you at top Yi, but I have no CC against this Trynd. Yes, I know he'll snowball. Yes, I know I should be ganking. No, I can't be everywhere at once.

I think I prefer Nautilus, but at least I have other options now, so if they choose a Olaf or Udyr I can run Shyvana, and if they run Amumu I can run Naut,

Vanillalite

This is my problem in general with jungling. If I don't go one of the big flavors of the month I feel like I can't do enough to help my team in randoms where I feel like more people NEED ganks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom