• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's actual quietness

That's great, but they also need to improve and add more features like BC, digital refunds, changeable Gamertags ;)

No, but it has an enormous list of other things the competition lacks, so what's your point?

Edit: I misread your post (or you edited it). Anyway, all of those things sound fine, but I'm sure Sony has a list of priorities and maybe they're not at the top.

Backwards compatibility and PSN names are both tied to short sightedness during the PS3 gen I believe. They should do the refunds thing, though.

cyber_ninja

So the PlayStation 4 has now BC, digital refunds, EA Access and you can change your Gamertag?

No, but it has a shit load of criticality acclaimed exclusives that people care about and a bunch of upcoming new ps exclusives games that people excited about. You can go ask for a refund or change your gamertag while we enjoy new exciting games.

Agreed :)

Edit: And I find it always funny that people excuse a company for doing nothing just because they are market leader ;) So a Company who is market leader doesn't need to allow EA Access, or need to improve their network, PSN, and customer service, allow changeable Gamertags, BC, digital refunds, or need to announce new games for PlayStation 4, Vita or PSVR?

Is this a joke post? Dude, just play on your Xbox man, get out of here with that one company is slacking just because you prefer features on another box. You are just ignoring things Sony do because you obviously prefer features MS have released, that doesn't mean Sony are just coasting. That's impossible really, if Sony were coasting they would quickly lose market share as each gen shows platform loyalty is really not that deep.

- PS Vue
- PS2 Remasters w/trophies
- Updates to UI/OS
- Share Play
- etc...

This is not to mention that digital refunds are relatively new, and you are just making a check list of things MS does that Sony doesn't, and forgetting that first and foremost people play video games on these things (and watch Netflix) and Sony has released more exclusives, announced more exclusives, and overall has more games than MS, with a WWS twice as large, maybe even 3 times now, even with recent closures. Hell Switch can hardly do ANYTHING but play video-games right now and it's selling out all of its stocks and breaking records.

Just stop it.

Edit: And I find it always funny that people excuse a company for doing nothing just because they are market leader ;) So a Company who is market leader doesn't need to allow EA Access, or need to improve their network, PSN, and customer service, allow changeable Gamertags, BC, digital refunds, or need to announce new games for PlayStation 4, Vita or PSVR?

they also didnt try to take consumer rights away from their fanbase with drm nonsense, so that's one thing you coulda added to your list

Man y'all take bait too easily
man, at this point, that should be bannable.

how the hell is a person supposed to know when someone is serious/baiting with all the fanboy bullshit that goes on here?

I don't know that dude, I don't follow his posts. How the heck should I know "hey, this is just a troll posts, just j/k" ??

Junk is getting annoying really, and I find myself coming on to this place less and less. This is one of the few subscribed threads that I have to look forward to.

man, at this point, that should be bannable.

how the hell is a person supposed to know when someone is serious/baiting with all the fanboy bullshit that goes on here?

I don't know that dude, I don't follow his posts. How the heck should I know "hey, this is just a troll posts, just j/k" ??

Junk is getting annoying really, and I find myself coming on to this place less and less. This is one of the few subscribed threads that I have to look forward to.
O I ain't saying he was joking I'm positive he's quite serious point is stop giving that shit attention. Any time somebody starts off with that o y'all favor this and turn an blind eye to this is about to be on some bull

I recommend subscribing to Sony first party thread great fun we've had like one troll even after all those pages, in fact all the first party threads are great

kyser73

You've got features.

I've got games.

I'll take the games, you can keep the features.

No, but it has a shit load of criticality acclaimed exclusives that people care about and a bunch of upcoming new ps exclusives games that people excited about. You can go ask for a refund or change your gamertag while we enjoy new exciting games.

You've got features.

I've got games.

giphy.gif

Guardians

Banned
You've got features.

I've got games.

Really?

I will never understand people who doesn't like to have more features or options on a console ;) To have great games is important and great, and no one said that Sony lacks great games, but there are things left Sony could improve like other companys :)

Really?

I will never understand people who doesn't like to have more features or options on a console ;) To have great games is important and great, and no one said that Sony lacks great games, but there are things left Sony could improve like other companys :)

features are good, but i buy game consoles to play guess what... Games.

that's the mindset any rational gamer should have

I've two Questions:

1. What does this have to do with Sony?

2. Who said that this was a good move by Microsoft?

1. Everything

2. No one (well except for the diehards and certain gaming news outlets)

Features is a want. Do I want more features out of the PS4? Sure.

Great Games are the needs.

If I spent 3 hours on my gaming machine, you can rest assure that 2hours 59minutes of it will be in-game.

kyser73

Really?

The only thing in your list that's worth anything more than the actual games is digital refunds, and that's a wider consumer issue that should be addressed across the board in digital distribution of content.

Also - it's 'companies' :)

Guardians

Banned
1. Everything

2. No one (well except for the diehards and certain gaming news outlets)

I'm pretty sure you wanted me to look like a bad XBox Fanboy with your comment about the DRM thing from Microsoft. But I'm not a Fan of any Company, I'm a Fan of Games, Features and Options ;)

Fat4all

Banned
it's like with my Switch

i would really like netflix and youtube apps on it (that way I could use my Switch at the gym), but it's not a deal breaker to not have them

(but i hope they add it sooner than later, i wanna watch unbreakable kimmy schmidt on a bigger screen than my old phone)

Guardians

Banned
The only thing in your list that's worth anything more than the actual games is digital refunds, and that's a wider consumer issue that should be addressed across the board in digital distribution of content.

Also - it's 'companies' :)

Agreed :) But I still believe that it would not be a mistake if Sony would improve things like the customer service or PSN. But this counts for all companies, no company should stop evolving ;) And thanks for the correction, I'm from Germany and my English is obviously not the best ;)

zeniselv

I don't wanna be negative, but can we really expect something similar to what this year has been? I do expect a couple of new announcements, but not sure if the same amount of last year, afterall by this time last couple of years info was already leaking(they might hve better security/policies though)

Guardians

Banned
it's like with my Switch

i would really like netflix and youtube apps on it (that way I could use my Switch at the gym), but it's not a deal breaker to not have them

(but i hope they add it sooner than later, i wanna watch unbreakable kimmy schmidt on a bigger screen than my old phone)

Right, Nintendo should improve on that front ;)

Fat4all

Banned
I don't wanna be negative, but can we really expect something similar to what this year has been? I do expect a couple of new announcements, but not sure if the same amount of last year, afterall by this time last couple of years info was already leaking(they might hve better security/policies though)

I wasn't expecting the 2016 E3 to be as good after the 2015 E3, and yet it was baller as fuck, so I'm hoping for some goodies.

It's hard to keep consistent quality over the years, tho. You never know when you're gonna have a 'Wii Music' sort of presentation :/

DirtyLarry

The OP reminds me of a quote that has always stuck with me for many reasons. I am paraphrasing here but it goes something along the lines of...
"The quietest man in the room usually has the most to say."
Do not mistake silence as not having anything to say. Sometimes it is the result of calmness and being calculated and waiting for the correct time to speak.
Not saying that is the case here, but it very well could be. My larger point is silence is not or should not be considered a bad thing. I feel the nature of our on demand society means many people, perhaps a whole generation even, have forgotten this.

Sanke__

They have definitely been very quiet

I hope they are ready to drop some epic bombs at e3

They surely can't keep topping their previous e3 conference forever
Can they?

Top Bottom