• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR: Blood & Wine is Geralt's last story; feel it's "better than the main game"

I'll miss ya White Wolf <3

Update: CDPR clarified a bit more on Blood & Wine to Gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wi...-refined-th/1100-6433865/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

Now, the Polish studio has provided some additional context and clarification around that comment. CD Projekt Red marketing lead Michal Platkow-Gilewski tells GameSpot that Blood and Wine is not necessarily "better" than the main game, but it should feel "more refined."

"Blood and Wine is the sum of all the experiences we gained when creating Wild Hunt, so it's definitely more refined than Wild Hunt in many regards, but that doesn't mean it's better per se," he said.

Platkow-Gilewski went on to say players can look forward to all manner of new monsters, quests, and places of interest in Blood and Wine. He also notes that Blood and Wine's new realm, Toussaint, rivals the size of those found in the base game. But he wouldn't get drawn into a debate about what's "better."

"I wouldn't point fingers at what's better separately, as each addition to Wild Hunt (including over 10 updates we've released so far) enriches the overall experience you get from The Witcher as a game in general," he said. "The base game with the expansions is simply better than without them."

Original article:
Eurogamer.it recently conducted an interview with CD Projekt RED to discuss the upcoming Blood and Wine expansion for The Witcher 3. In the interview, CD Projekt RED discusses how Blood and Wine is quite a bit more &#8220;complex&#8221; than the main storyline of Wild Hunt.

The expansion is set to expand the game by quite a margin. Here&#8217;s the official description:

Blood and Wine is a 20-hour tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, and will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.

CD Projekt RED told Eurogamer that Blood and Wine is a completely separate story from the original plot found in Wild Hunt. According to the interview, the developers believe they &#8220;have achieved something even better than the main game.&#8221;

One of things CDPR wanted to do for the expansion was to create a more &#8220;charismatic enemy&#8221; for Geralt to face, as well as develop a more complex story they believe &#8220;players will appreciate.&#8221; This is Geralt&#8217;s final story according to the interview, so it sounds like CD Projekt RED wants to make it a memorable and lasting experience for players.

http://www.onlysp.com/69058/

Lunar15

I definitely liked the increased focus on the villain(s) of Hearts of Stone. Both Olgierd and our other friend were memorable characters.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Wonderful, as
Gerald is already basically brought back from the dead from the books for the games, I can't imagine they would kill him again, would they? *hasnt finished wild hunt yet also, only 25 hours in*

These guys don't lie (in the bad way), they said HoS was 10 hours when it was easily 15 hours.

A more complex story, a la Witcher 2?? Count me in!

Since it's Geralt's last story, I hope there is some kind of proper conclusion/farewell. (maybe ME3 Citadel inspired)

Better than the main game?! CDPR da gawds delivering yet again.

That said I'm crushed I have to say goodbye to Geralt. Absolutely crushed :-(

I'll miss ya White Wolf <3

Blood and Wine is a 20-hour tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, and will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.
http://www.onlysp.com/69058/

Sounds like:
4Fb0xVN.jpg

THE GREATER GOOD.

X-Frame

Damn, sounds good. So if you buy a Season Pass, do you get this and Heart of Stone?

I'm curious too if I should just buy the SP then .. I'm currently only halfway through the main story but I'm 100% planning on getting Hearts of Stone after I finish -- and can't see myself not wanting Blood and Wine as well.

EDIT: Saw the reply above, got it!

Nestunt

Now, bundle it up with the other expansion and all the physical cards of the Gwent deck and I will pay up to an Oculus Rift for it :D

BiggNife

No Witcher 4? Why? What a bummer.

I hope 2 becomes backwards compatible on Xbox, 3 is my favorite game in a long time.

They've been saying for a while now that Witcher 3 will be the last Witcher game to focus on Geralt - not the last Witcher game period. We'll probably see a Witcher 4 where you play as Ciri.

Chase17

They've been saying for a while now that Witcher 3 will be the last Witcher game to focus on Geralt - not the last Witcher game period. We'll probably see a Witcher 4 where you play as Ciri.
I'd love to see a Witcher 4 with Ciri. Question about the endings.
Is there a canon ending for Witcher 3? The two "good" endings were so different it could be hard to go on from there.

Hearts of Stone was amazing. Loved every minute of it. The themes the story dealt with where fascinating. I still havent done any of the side quests for the expansion as well. Still have a few monster contracts to do.

And judging by Hearts of Stone, that 20 hours will easily translate to 40-50 hours for us who wants to explore every nook and cranny and do all the side quests.

There will be a Witcher 4. Geralt won't be the protagonist though.

Fingers crossed for Witcher 4: Ciri's Tale. Her sections had the most entertaining combat in the entire game. Just teleporting everywhere with wild abandon, occasionally remembering "oh yeah, I'm in a fight, better stab this guy," then teleporting some more. And she can totally give Geralt a run for his money in the snarkiness department.

Really looking forward to Blood and Wine. Day 1, no doubt... provided I've finished Hearts of Stone (which I still haven't started since I'm still leveling up in my new game plus playthrough; only 8 or so more levels to go!). The screenshots of Toussaint convinced me to hang on to my 980 Ti; I want to experience that at absolutely peak IQ.

Azzurri

Put 40hrs in the main and I'm maybe 1/2 way through the main story. I should be finished with the MSQ and the HoS DLC when BaW release.

Top Bottom