• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Futurama Worlds of Tomorrow Launched on Android/iOS to come Tomorrow

Blam

Playstore link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tinyco.futurama&hl=en

https://youtu.be/9JizhecDENk

Rn3PzEdJC_ojO20gmKk5og3rUiaMCqKU_plzvndgzpt-cZhQm2ovPMLftgJx5LB-ew=h900-rw

o2d8VreJk6ZTUPphKCgU-isglwqgNipKapc-V5fTwmFBLVmn_DUE9N44TDCo1SIWzqsY=h900-rw

hfyVSUcd4ZpII0_YiYYgyFoE6gKH2v3dx19cHcZdl57voNYdjGqrz4ne_E5B8Vy79Mk=h900-rw

K3Z5oBS8eT9CYNIhkahMBvlEM_DZkvQ34UJkRwoQ0t_jCAXEyi_3KGsviBXmDssOrw=h900-rw

Ia28_NSnKAxa4nhiy4rbSqtK8m0kbMQhvGAQJh-X9FG-EEUr669L4kdPQMsZyhseuXbM=h900-rw

gG3EKUL4SX9gipvp5vFtOZ5GJK_CEUnN8Jqk70pxIn0n_5CziLJbULMyxwPeB0M1R0Fq=h900-rw

PjnyOR3TIO4PEpRJ-IP9RHKAbzICxa7LD0AR72OK3xKs8VRidlzZXQsWo405B72yV30=h900-rw

Description on Play Store:

The next epic Futurama adventure has finally arrived! Play with all your favorite characters, build your own New New York, combat against alien species and explore unfamiliar planets on a mission to save the universe! Buckle your seatbelts, blast off into space, and play the new Futurama game!

Relive the show in this thrilling and hilarious game that will have you crying in tears. The funny never ends when you play as Fry, Leela, Bender or any of your favorite characters from the critically-acclaimed Fox series, Futurama! Is the future safe in your hands? PLAY FUTURAMA: WORLDS OF TOMORROW to find out!

GAME FEATURES:

- All new story from the creators of the original Fox series, Futurama!
- Build and customize your very own New New York!
- Control the story by making your own choices!
- Battle in epic and funny 16-bit combat!
- Embark on funny space adventures as you explore a galaxy of new worlds!
- Complete your character's best look by unlocking funny and unique outfits!
- Customize and level up your characters!
- Hilarious Futurama dialogue from the show's writers, David X. Cohen and The Simpsons - creator, Matt Groening!
- Select your crew and send it on adventure-filled space missions!
- Collect ancient artifacts and ensure the universe's best chance at survival!

Download the game and embark on the all-new adventure imagined and written by David X. Cohen and The Simpsons creator, Matt Groening! New worlds, strange species, and unforgettable stories are all waiting for you!

Freeze me for 1000 years if old.

Already available in my region and it's just another city simulator managing game. At least the setting, presentation and writing are great. Gonna keep playing though, haven't reached the space exploration and combat systems yet.

Same people who made the Family Guy game right? (Tinyco)

I would rather pay like $15-20 for this and not have microtransactions but I guess I have to suck that up so I can enjoy some good old fashion Futurama.

ZeroX03

Banned
I really liked Game of Drones... until I hit the paywall which made the game an RNG mess. It was written with obvious care and full of references because they got a few old writers back, but boy it just wanted you to spend hard with no concern for skill or balance. I don't mind paying a bit for mobile titles either (Teeny Titans!), just not for disposable items on a game of chance.

I hope this game is a better balanced for monetization, but seeing as the Android app seems to have $100+ purchases and it's a city builder, I highly doubt it. Shame new Futurama content is walled behind these things.

MsKrisp

Game of Drones was a pretty excellent clone, I don't play mobile games much but I'll definitely try it. If anything the writing should make it worth checking out.

Madn

I've tried it for 15 minutes and found it pretty terrible. Besides the boring gameplay, the italian translations are really bad and it crashed twice. A quick uninstall for me

I've tried it for 15 minutes and found it pretty terrible. Besides the boring gameplay, the italian translations are really bad and it crashed twice. A quick uninstall for me

Comparison to the Simpsons game? Did you played it?

Really interested in a new city builder game.

Comparison to the Simpsons game? Did you played it?

Really interested in a new city builder game.

It's okay. Extremely quick for the opening stuff, then jumps straight to 1hour timers. You get rent from the buildings. The rent is completely disproportionate though, for one of the more expensive items, Elzar's Fine Cuisine, it would take 187.5 real days to earn back what you paid, so most of your money is made in space. You need fuel to do space mission which is replenished by time, and leveling up, which inst quick either. Money is split between leveling up characters, which you have to do or you get locked out of space missions, and buying buildings, which you also have to do to unlock more characters and complete Earth missions.

The real kicker, imo, is that it has really strong micros in the gameplay loop and missions/characters/buildings that are only available through micro payments. Calculon, Nixon, and Hyper Chicken are dlc only, as well as a few buildings.

I registered my interest for this over a month ago, got a notification it a launched and installed it. Only watched the opening cut scene, but I'm pretty impressed by the Voice acting, i wonder how much there will be in the rest of the game.

I registered my interest for this over a month ago, got a notification it a launched and installed it. Only watched the opening cut scene, but I'm pretty impressed by the Voice acting, i wonder how much there will be in the rest of the game.

Good news! None. Everything past the into(I've been playing off and on this morning, halfway through the 2nd planet) are show lines, with really poor quality audio. Most of the time, having nothing to do with the actual text on screen. Maybe that will change, but I don't think it's likely.

Gameplay doesn't seem all that exciting, but I guess there's a new episode of Futurama hidden in there, so...
You just mean because it was written by people associated with the show, right? Not that there's an actual, finished, animated episode of Futurama in this mobile cash-grab? Because if it's the latter, [/Fry money gif].

Good news! None. Everything past the into(I've been playing off and on this morning, halfway through the 2nd planet) are show lines, with really poor quality audio. Most of the time, having nothing to do with the actual text on screen. Maybe that will change, but I don't think it's likely.

Yeah I just went back to it and played 5 minutes. (Already had 3 notifications within 10 minutes of me locking my phone asking me to come back...)

It seems a bit lame, reminds me of Tapped out.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Didnt mind the 15 minutes i played. The humour was good enough.

But it keeps crashing for me when ever i try to return from the first mission after completing it :(

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Played a little, but after spending so long playing Avengers Academy and realising what a chore it was becoming I deleted the app. What little new Futurama content is there just isn't enough to commit my time to something like this again.

It's alright. I still play and enjoy Tapped Out but this is more like the Family Guy game which was too P2W for me so I don't know if I'll stick around.

Novocaine

Back when tapped out was new I said I really wanted this. But then I downloaded it and after clicking on a few things and realized that was a mistake. I think my time with these types of games has passed. Sure looks nice though

has potential is the best thing I can say about it, but the one thing I hate most about mobile games is timers and you get there in about 10 minutes from starting you hit 1 hour + timers. I dont agree with the idea of being punished for playing a game. You either want me to play this game or you dont and i'm perfectly fine with not playing it and doing something else.

MiTYH

It's alright. I still play and enjoy Tapped Out but this is more like the Family Guy game which was too P2W for me so I don't know if I'll stick around.

Yup. I'll wait for freedonuts/freeclams to crop up, but even looking at it, it's just another TinyCo cash grab. Too much locked behind outrageous payments

I'd like to transfer to the reality where free to play was never invented. Does anyone know the number I have to fax the application to?

marmoka

Banned
Game of Drones is a great game to play in the subway.

Let's see how this one is.

After watching the trailers, I need more Futurama episodes. Groening and Cohen will be in Reddit later today to answer questions. I hope they reveal a comeback.

Now I need a Futurama marathon

krae_man

"If device explodes, stop playing"

Sorry Note 7 users.

I'll play this for a bit.

Tapped out lost my interest with too many events that were broken garbage. That and I didn't want to rebuilt my town from scratch to work the monorail in.

krae_man

Man this is slow to start. So many timers. I need to earn some free pizza so I can buy a couple more Robot 1-X's

Also Calculon because Calculon.

I've deleted it. If you are gonna punish me with timers because I want to play your game, i'm just gonna delete and not think of it ever again. Also this game is the worst implementation of paywall and timers I've ever seen.

Top Bottom