• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4: Two people can play on the same account at the same time.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
A rather barren OP I'm afraid but here's the tweet:

yosp.png

Perhaps this will help because I think my headline is wrong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhfLBTPcG6U

Watch from :45 to 1:20 (courtesy of the ever persistent SpinTheBluCircle)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
So game sharing works the same or not?

If this is a way of allowing 2 of the same accounts logged into separate units then that's cool.

Zolbrod

Rather than being able to use the same account on multiple machines, I'd prefer to be able to have multiple accounts (i.e. multiple regions) on one machine, like the PS3 (but not the Vita).

Has that been addressed yet?

Toki767

Sounds like the machine that isn't the first to buy the game has to be logged on with the account that bought the game.

You're reading into that wrong. He means one person can play on the home console under their account and then he can log into the other ps4 under his account (the one that purchased the digital title) and play with the other person

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Rather than being able to use the same account on multiple machines, I'd prefer to be able to have multiple accounts (i.e. multiple regions) on one machine, like the PS3 (but not the Vita).

Has that been addressed yet?

You can have multiple accounts on the same PS4

LiquidMetal14

The tweet seems too ambiguous to use as confirmation.

You think he's stating the obvious or it's the opposite? Home console and another console at the same time. I'm just curious if the same sharing system is in as long as you have the other person's account activated on your unit.

You're reading into that wrong. He means one person can play on the home console under their account and then he can log into the other ps4 under his account (the one that purchased the digital title) and play with the other person

Sounds like the same activation 2 share system on PS3.

You read the tweet wrong. It sounds like it works exactly as it works on Xbox 360 today (and maybe PS3, not sure, didn't buy Digital Games on PSN)

Let's say Person X and Person Y buy 2 Playstation 4s, okay? Now, Person X and Person Y want to buy Pokerman, but they want only buy one copy, but play it together at once, so they can have a Poker battle.

Person X buys Pokerman on his Playstation 4 (Playstation X). Pokerman is now licensed to Person X's account AND console. ANYONE can play Pokerman on Person X's Playstation 4. So now, Person Y can play Pokerman without paying, no restrictions, as long as he plays on X's console.

This is what they do, and what YOSP tweeted.

Person Y plays Pokerman on X's Console, no problems!
Now, Person X plays Pokerman on Y's Console. Y's console doesn't have the license to play Pokerman, but X. X can play Pokerman on any console, so X just downloads and plays Pokerman through Y's console.

So, exactly how it works now on the Xbox 360. This isn't an account being signed twice with no problems. It makes more sense if you read the full Twitter conversation.

Metfanant

if im understand this "2 console" stuff correctly...this is how you SHOULD set up your gaming...someone correct me if im wrong...

- you live with another person (brother, wife, cousin, parent, husband, friend, whatever...)

- you both own PS4's and want to be able to "share" eachother's games...

- you should set up your "home" console as the one that the OTHER person is going to primarily use so that they can share any games installed on that HDD...while YOU can play them on the other PS4...and vice versa...

...the way it works on the PS3 currently...is that any game where MY PSN account is active...and i download a game...anyone on the console can play it...im getting the vibe that, that will only be the case on my "home" console this time around...and if its going to be played on a second console MY PSN account must be LOGGED IN....not just present on the console

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Technically you can do this when the home console is logged offline and the second console is logged in online. Whether this is what yosp means is unclear

Have two users logged into the same PSN account online seems too weird.

Or yeah, his wife just plays on her account on the home console

Making this harder than it needs to be

read the tweet

I did.

FamourMortimer:
@yosp @amboyes Bummed about 1 console online at a time with ps4 digital games. Rules out me & @DangerWife buying 2 ps4s. Love that on ps3.

Draziak Durst:
@atpetedodd @amboyes @dangerwife @yosp Does it not allow you to share your downloads throughout the accounts?

FamourMortimer:
@feedmydolphin @amboyes @DangerWife @yosp Only on "home" machine. Other machine must be on your account and signed in online.

Yosp
@atPeteDodd @feedmydolphin @amboyes @DangerWife so @DangerWife can play on your "home" machine and you can play on another at the same time

Maybe it's my reading comprehension acting fuzzy, but to me it sounds like he's referring to what happens right now on PS3 with the 2 licenses per game. Nowhere I see " Two people can play on the same account at the same time." from Yosp tweet. I'm thinking it's a huge misunderstanding of what he actually meant to say.

frizby

This isn't new information.

You have a home PS4 where every other user on the machine can use all of your content including PS Plus for playing online, and you can sign into any other PS4 and access your content.

Xbone works more or less the same way.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
You think he's stating the obvious or it's the opposite? Home console and another console at the same time. I'm just curious if the same sharing system is in as long as you have the other person's account activated on your unit.

Sounds like the same activation 2 share system on PS3.

What he's saying is that if you are using your PS4 another person can be logged in on your account also so there's no need for you or him to sign out. Not only can you have multiple accounts on the PS4, you will be able to play all the same content (PS+ for instance) on another console either in your home or at another house simultaneously.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

You have a home PS4 where every other user on the machine can use all of your content including PS Plus for playing online, and you can sign into any other PS4 and access your content.

It's the exact same as on 360 today, too.

macewank

There's a lot of confusion here.

I read that as:

"DangerWife can sign into her account and play your games, and you can go sign into your account on the other system and also play your games"

Krakn3Dfx

Good stuff, wish they would make this the case on the PS3, have 3 of them in the house and get tired of getting knocked off when someone else logs onto another one of the systems.

LiquidMetal14

You read the tweet wrong. It sounds like it works exactly as it works on Xbox 360 today (and maybe PS3, not sure, didn't buy Digital Games on PSN)
The system on PS3 is pretty good. You can share your games with another person or have 2 PS3's incase you travel or have multiple units. You can freely deactivate and reactivate at will though.

Technically you can do this when the home console is logged offline and the second console is logged in online. Whether this is what yosp means is unclear

Have two users logged into the same PSN account online seems too weird.

Sounds almost like the same system in place for PS3 but it seems like you can be logged into the same account on 2 systems. To me this seems like the same system as PS3. I tweeted a question asking directly about that. He gets hammered with questions so I don't expect a response.

What he's saying is that if you are using your PS4 another person can be logged in on your account also so there's no need for you or him to sign out. Not only can you have multiple accounts on the PS4, you will be able to play all the same content (PS+ for instance) on another console either in your home or at another house similtaniously.

Sounds good then and an extension of the PS3 sharing system.

Up to 4 accounts logged in concurrently on one unit is pretty nice as well.

There's a lot of confusion here.

I read that as:

"DangerWife can sign into her account and play your games, and you can go sign into your account on the other system and also play your games"

Yeah this is what Yoshida means, it's still the same as before.

Holy fuck. Why is everyone reading this tweet wrong? Lol. You're all trying to twist it into what you want when the fact of the matter is game sharing with someone like on PS3 is over.

You'll have to make your primary console the one that that you won't be playing on as much, which makes it a pain in the ass because you have to be online on "your" system to play your games and we know how often the PSN servers go down for maintenance.

What he's saying is that if you are using your PS4 another person can be logged in on your account also so there's no need for you or him to sign out. Not only can you have multiple accounts on the PS4, you will be able to play all the same content (PS+ for instance) on another console either in your home or at another house simultaneously.

How are you exactly getting that from his words?

BadAss2961

But can someone still access content from the Home PS4 on a different account? Game sharing... That's what I want confirmed.

False. The difference is that he has to be logged in on PSN to play on the non-primary system. Right now, neither console has to be logged into PSN to boot a digital title.

I meant that the way the PS4 download system is the same as they have previously announced, nothing has changed.

I hope it's still like PS3 but my guess is they won't allow you to play online unless you use the account that buys it .
On PS3 you could share it and both people could play on line with there separates account .

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
But can someone still access content from the Home PS4 on a different account? That's what I want confirmed.

Of course. What would be the point if you couldn't? Whoever has the second use of your account will be able to download any content you have onto the second PS4 and play them freely even if you are still using your PS4.

Of course. What would be the point if you couldn't? Whoever has the second use of your account will be able to download any content you have onto the second PS4 and play them freely even if you are still using your PS4.

All of your info is wrong, man. Stop.

Only the purchaser account can access the content on the second console.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

ugh, pretty sure this is not the case.

the 'owner' of the content could download the content on any PS4, but an account that is playing a game on the 'owners' original PS4 doesn't own that content and can't move it around. It isn't linked to their account.

LiquidMetal14

Any account on the home console can access everyone else's content just like now

So the game sharing is the same as this is what it's saying. Not that this was ever in question as Sony has done well with this system. I won't necessarily miss it if it's not the same as I tend to buy everything myself but it's convenient to have if you have friends, family, or multiple units.

All of your info is wrong, man. Stop.

Only the purchaser account can access the content on the second console.

If you share you account info it sounds like 2 people can access 2 units.

Top Bottom