• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

My new favorite Quack story is one told here a few weeks ago about how he made his girlfriend sleep on the couch for outing of the Chikara secret identities. lol

Winner faces Brooklyn Brawler at Summerslam?
I wouldn't not want this.
The Big Dog is an all time classic nickname that I sometimes refer to myself as irl.

Most World Wrestling Ferderation nicknames are terrible tho I agree.
There's only one true Big Dawg in Wrasslegraps.

TIroWCp.gif

The Paige warrant story was bollocks made up by "Transgenderism is a mental illness." Billi Bhati. I don't know why people suddenly started treating Sportskeeda as a trusted source, but it fucking baffles me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...ro_wrestling_times_made_up_the_paige_warrant/
I don't fucking get it either and especially that fucknut.
So a low quality version of the MYC poster came out this morning, and guess who's front and center?

wTnf2nF.png

Yes, even accounting for house shows. Meltzer wrote about it a few weeks back.
Yeah, Toni Storm is gonna get a big push when she's officially on board.
I could see them keeping her there for at least a little while given her age and what they are going through with Paige.

Paige is the reason that basically no one under 21 gets signed anymore.
She's Australian. But yeah, at 21 there's no chance she gets hot-shotted unless Vince falls in love with her for whatever reason.
I keep forgetting how young Toni Storm is, I keep thinking late 20s when she's not even half way there yet. Toni is a good looking blonde, Vince is going to like her. Toni might have her shit more together than Paige though, especially with at least as far as I know, not coming from a family of carnies and the shit that happened with Paige not long before she got signed.
I'd love this honestly

Have Asuka beat Ember at the next Takeover. She gets on the mic and says "NO ONE....CAN DEFEAT.....ASUKAAAAAA" and drops the title in the middle of the ring, and she leaves it behind. Gets called up. Lesnar.exe

Give the title to the winner of the women's tournament
Nah, especially when Asuka ends up doing the job in her first month or two on the main roster in some throw away match. Someone in NXT needs to beat her and while not being the monster Asuka has been and Ember is perfect for that role given how built up her finish is.

I'm re-listening to the Monday Night Wars on the Network while I'm working.

Damn that DX episode does make it seem like HHH was the savior of the WWE.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
AemtKXZ.jpg

I keep forgetting how young Toni Storm is, I keep thinking late 20s when she's not even half way there yet. Toni is a good looking blonde, Vince is going to like her. Toni might have her shit more together than Paige though, especially with at least as far as I know, not coming from a family of carnies and the shit that happened with Paige not long before she got signed.

I mean, yeah, Storm is gorgeous, but that didn't get Emma to the main roster or pushed any faster. In any case, the Four Horsewomen have been pushed to a ridiculous degree since they got called up (even Bayley, guys), and it's pretty known Vince doesn't actually watch NXT. I would expect she'd get a heavy push after a call-up but not exactly hot-shotted to the main roster. I don't even know if she can cut a promo.

I'm sure it will shock you to learn that Pete Dunne vs Will Ospreay was very fun. Hope they get chance to do it as a proper Big Match™ soon, no idea where though

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm sure it will shock you to learn that Pete Dunne vs Will Ospreay was very good. Hope they get chance to do it as a proper Big Match™ soon, no idea where though

was that for the WWE UK title?

I'm like 90% sure Sami Zayn is a cool guy. The only negative things I've heard about him is that he's can be kind of annoying, which would make sense since they recently gave him the "well meaning, but annoying babyface" gimmick.

We know he's cool because smoking is cool

tumblr_m2436m5iqr1qmojawo1_r1_400.gif

Why did you cap a post about Sami Zayn with a gif of El Generico?

Cosmozone

Ah, the Asuka callup. It never ceases to spark my imagination. 100 ways to do it right and 200 to do it wrong. For one, I'd prefer it to not be a "surprise" reveal. Introduce her with vignettes/segments to show the casuals she is a big deal.

However, it's still possible that she doesn't come up at all because Vince simply doesn't like her, end of story. If he's indifferent, she might go the Nia Jax way with a string of squash matches with local talent. That might still be fun since Asuka is able to make them fun.

As for Asuka.

Bliss should beat Bayley (or actually beat Sasha) at SS then the next night she proclaims there's no one left and dares anyone to come take the title from her.

Asuka shows up murders her, chokes her out and is champ.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
As for Asuka.

Bliss should beat Bayley (or actually beat Sasha) at SS then the next night she proclaims there's no one left and dares anyone to come take the title from her.

Asuka shows up murders her, chokes her out and is champ.

Bayley is probably winning, I think. I think the idea here is to execute the Sasha Banks heel turn which wouldn't make any sense if Bliss had the title still. I think the Banks turn happens at the PPV itself, e.g. she saves Bayley to get the title and then beats up Bayley as she celebrates.

Bayley is probably winning, I think. I think the idea here is to execute the Sasha Banks heel turn which wouldn't make any sense if Bliss had the title still. I think the Banks turn happens at the PPV itself, e.g. she saves Bayley to get the title and then beats up Bayley as she celebrates.

Oh probably... I was just saying it'd be a great way to debut Asuka

Angry Grimace

Oh probably... I was just saying it'd be a great way to debut Asuka

The problem with bringing up Asuka is that it's impossible to book Asuka in any way other than "immediately wins the title and never loses" the same as she's booked in NXT. The Bayley/Sasha storyline would be a bit random without the title being involved, or someone just going over Asuka.

Ah, the Asuka callup. It never ceases to spark my imagination. 100 ways to do it right and 200 to do it wrong. For one, I'd prefer it to not be a "surprise" reveal. Introduce her with vignettes/segments to show the casuals she is a big deal.

However, it's still possible that she doesn't come up at all because Vince simply doesn't like her, end of story. If he's indifferent, she might go the Nia Jax way with a string of squash matches with local talent. That might still be fun since Asuka is able to make them fun.

She sells T-shirts and makes money. Vince will like her to some degree if she continues to do both.

You could just as easily have Sasha cost Bayley the match. Have her cut a promo about how Bayley is a loser who doesn't deserve the title. Then you have a title feud and a hot Sasha/Bayley program, as opposed to both being condensed into one.

Top Bottom